Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-toyota-supra/6317260187.html
midshiprunabout.org/mk2/coolant-flush-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do I join the mon/tg/e?
See pic related.

I'll update it to include Daihatsu's

So, why are winged Prii infinitely better than a winged Civic?

Did some towing the other day.
Took tons of trash and tree branches and stuff to the dump.

Because racecar

What's good Toyota br/o/s

I can't think of a bad one user. Even the shitboxes are lovable.

So the folding front seat makes it perfect to stay out late with someone.
The leaves are staring to change by me. And then we get a 90 degree heat wave lol.

Not much mon ami, everything's pretty chill. Pic looks hella cozy.

The folding front seat is for the VIP to rest his/her feet on from the back seat

wrong tag, meant

I want to get cheapbox soon, a corolla or tercel, love the early gens.

I absolutely love the sportcross

Kind of want a first gen Tacoma. Is there a big difference between the 4cly and 6cyl engines as far as reliability goes? I imagine the 6cyl will have more power, and the 4cyl will get better mileage.

Pretty much. They're reliability is about the same but it depends how well the po took care of it. Keep in mind maintenance is cheaper on the 4 cylinder. If you want max power and torque, get the v6. If you want max mpgs get the 2.4. If you want the middle, get the 2.7

1996 LS400 here, can you add it to the montage?

Proof is here.
Remove the avalon, i am selling her this week to my sister. I'm gonna miss it, but i've taken great care of it and done alot of stupid shit with it.

Sure thing user
>Remove Avalon
You don't want it RIPed to immortalize it instead?

Go ahead and RIP it.

Okie dokie

>page 7

Haven't drove my blupra since last week

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-toyota-supra/6317260187.html
How much would this to be to unfuck?

Just 1JZ swap it, shouldn't be TOO much.

I am a engine brainlet, what cars were those used in?

I am a literal madman and would DD it at some point. (could get away with working on it until spring maybe)

Chasers, Soarers, Cressidas, JDM Supra, Mark 2s.

1JZ is a strict import engine, never came to the U.S

Also lookup what popular swaps there are for the MK2 Supra

>Toyota General
>Toyota, Lexus, Scion & Daihatsu blogfagging
>this is a thing
anyway here's my toyot
2005 toyota sienna ce with 3.3l v6
i r8 pretty highly

despite it being a 2 ton minivan it handles pretty well in corners, it also has no problem reaching the limiter speed of 110 mph. I think without a governor it could reach maybe 140
I've gotten p comfortable driving fairly fast and know her dimensions well, can weave highway traffic pretty confidently as long as it's not actually standstill

just got new headlights bulb and wiped down the rest of the headlight with a restoration kit

Pic for the Veeky Forums collage when?

Just save money and headaches and get something in better condition

oh looks neat, soon™ with bread

Bread huh?

>dealer wants 6 grand for a corolla with no power windows
wtf i hate california

What year?

'08 corolla CE
Can't impress the qt gate guard when it takes me a minute to lower the window

That's just about KBB for a base model though, so... nothing out of the ordinary.

i saw KBB, i want whatever she's smoking

Anything that I should know about the SW20 Turbo before I buy one (other than the shit that is spammed all over the internet)?

It will be my first car (excluding a $500 shitbox Ranger). Don't worry, I have plenty of experience in performance cars irl, and hundreds of hours in simulators. I don't have any worries about crashing it. However, if I do, I will be able to work on it.

The bypass hose is an issue that I am well aware of, and I will be replacing it once I buy the car. I have my eyes on a '93 SW20 with about 140k miles. The guy selling it has it listed for $8.5k. He claims that essentially the entire car has been rebuilt by a Toyota dealership. I also know that flushing the coolant is a difficult endeavor, but is it truly as difficult as it is made out to be?

Other than that, what should I be aware of?

Also, the only modifications that I intend to make are TRD springs, wider tires, exhaust, and an air to water intercooler. However, I am confused as to what springs I should be buying. A quick Google search yielded several different springs, and a link on the MR2 forums lead me to springs for a Scion xD. Would this work?

hey man, glad you're looking at the right car.
I've given the same advice to a billion people on here and the car is a lot simpler than people make it out to be.
>interior is roomy, it can sit a very tall person, it was a borderline GT car
>handles on fucking rails with a noticeably sharper steering rack than any front engine car
>only problem rust spots are the side sills, it's easy to cut out and weld anyways
>it's as reliable as a turbo 4 can get and makes a good amount of power, think 4cyl 2jz
>maintenance is cheap but get into the mr2 community to find good deals on weird items
>working on it itself is like working on an SUV but backwards (makes more sense when you dive into the bay). It's not hard to work on actually..... the suspension is piss easy to work on
aannnnnd that's the just of it.

so flushing the coolant isn't bad at all, just takes more time than usual. same shit, just longer coolant lines since the radiator is in the front. midshiprunabout.org/mk2/coolant-flush-2/

you're definitely on the right track for suspension, TRD springs are great but VERY hard to find, H&R springs and Koni yellow/kyb agx shocks will do wonders. very popular combo and is nearly as good as my tein HR coilovers. the car comes stock with small sway bars, go for some $120 Godspeed 22mm sway bars on eBay and you'll never even get close to the snap oversteer myth, at that point it's nonexistent. For wheels and tires 16x8 +35 with 215/45 and 16x9 +35 on 225s (or however wide rear you want) is the way to go. Mr2s need a good staggered setup, +35 is fender flush, and 16s handle the best.

ask me anything else

>page 6

>toyotafags literally falling off the catalogue

1987 MR2 NA, got for 3600 syrupbucks

will most likely need every rubber hose replaced

>trying to impress the gate girl
Don't forget women look for looks, money, and status. If you don't have all 3 then she won't even bat an eye.

I hope it is in good shape

Not to mention no 2000s Corolla is going to get the ladies.

I need a set of wheels and i live in the middle of nowhere

Not judging mate, I drive a Prius, just saying it how it is.

>looks, money, and status
get a car with pop ups and when you come over to pick em up have them blink or wink
they love that

Today was a productive day, I did :
Oil + Filter
Coolant
Fuel filter
Injector seals

Oh and guess what I ordered right after (Pic related).

>I drive a Prius
at least you get good emm pee gees

It's got the usual sort of rust, but the engine is a dream, interior is excellent, and is overall solid.

All you need is a big dick and sharp chin and you will never have a problem with getting women ever again.
They don't really care about the other stuff unfortunately.

>implying it's only the chin they look at
It's the entire face

They literally don't care about eyes and hair and all that
They just don't want to see manbaby fatso chins

Also what does this have to with Toyotas?

This is true.

>they literally don't care about eyes and hair
Yea if they're like a 5/10.

Because user thinks he can impress the gate girl with a powered window corolla

Why are fender mounted mirrors so appealing?

Doesn't suite that car desu

I don't even mean visually, just practicality-wise they're amazing. No need to take your eyes off the road to check your sides.

There's a 1992 Supra near me with 70k miles for $20k, the oy thing is it's automatic.
It's in really good condition and in tempted to buy it.
Am I dumb for considering an automatic?

For that price and an auto? Yes.

Yeah I kinda figured.
It's so hard to find used cars where I live that aren't either beat to hell or a Nissan Altima so I got kind of excited when I actually found a Supra.
I hate living in North Carolina some times.

If you're really looking for a Supra, look a tad further north. I've seen a handful popping up in MD for sale lately in fairly good shape.

Getting a pre-purchase inspection on this 2005 is300 Monday. Hoping everything goes well, I test drove it a week ago and it's a blast.

Looks damn clean.

It is for sure. The head has caused the paint on the hood to be faded some, so that'll be my first fix

Saw your thread a few days ago, glad you decided to go for it. Grats user and nice jdm grill. I've got it on my gita too.

I just bought my first car. It's a 1988 Toyota MR2 which is in the shop because it didn't pass smog. I am about to replace the strut tops and bearings myself though, so I can get some semblance of steering, but I am already happy with my purchase because it was so cheap (only $1200).

I'm thinking of putting a silvertop in it once this engine fails. It has 200 grand on the meter lol.

200k is nothing if it saw regular service. It's a Toyota senpai, you can't kill their 4 bangers.

Thanks man. Your car looks great, super jealous.

>Lexus is kill and it's a mystery

Why don't Toyotas get along with me?

>Mom drives it from NOLA to Dallas to see Depeche Mode
>No problem at all getting there
>Make it close to the LA border coming back
>Overheating, turns heater on and it's fine again
>Hemorrhages oil and melts engine cover
>No longer starts

Luckily we have insurance that should cover the car. I just got back from driving for nine hours straight to pick her up. I even towed the Lexus with my Civic to a truck stop up several hills so it can be picked up by my uncle's dealership employees in a few days.

I know you haven't bought it yet, but if all goes well, welcome to the club user.

everyday i fall even farther in love with my sportcross, Today i discovered how far back the front seats recline, it was a very comfy time.

Any tips on driving RHD in murrica?
Very concerned on driving off when parallel parked.

Should i get these wheels for ?
Y/N?

>Overheating, turns heater on and it's fine again
>Hemorrhages oil and melts engine cover
>No longer starts

Sounds like your thermostat or coolant temp sensor was bunk. Maybe something got stuck and blocked a critical oil port or two.

Either way, you've got a seized engine. 3MZ-FEs are cheap though, just buy a decently low mileage one for a couple hundred bucks and throw the bastard in.

Just got a new job and an wanting a nice sporty car that I can wrench on to compliment my is300.

Was thinking about getting an MRS and 2zz swapping it, and slapping on a TRD body kit to make myself a poor man's porche

Talk me out or into it while I save up over the next few months.

You should be more concerned about making left turns at big intersections. Drive thrus are more challenging too

N
I recommend pic related instead.
Btw don't buy Drag wheels

>MR
Enjoy those coolant lines. Congrats on the job btw. Where do you work?

Any somewhat cheap 17 inch recommendations besides that?

A machined lip would be a big plus.

2ZZ Spyders are fun, the stock 5 speed will actually work well with the engine but swapping in a 6 speed gives you a bit lower RPM on the highway.

All the cheap coilovers are made at the same place, sprayed different colors, and sold at diferent price points, so just get Megans unless you plan to spring for Ohlins or custom Konis. They actually handle very well, they just need a good revalving to not beat you up on the street.

Spring for either the PPE 2.5" exhaust or a custom 2.5" exhaust if you can, the stock 1ZZ/2.25" pipes create big bottlenecks and kill power on a 2ZZ.

Have fun, 2ZZ Spyders can be a hell of a fun car for cheap.

I'll see what the insurance wants to do. Hopefully things move fast because I'm back to driving everyone around again.

What's a good source for engines like that anyway? Looking at about $700 for a replacement engine on eBay.

Ebay is solid, just make sure the seller has some kind of proof for the condition and mileage of the engine.

You could also check some local salvage yards too.

I'll weigh my options when they bring the car back to the dealer from the border to Texas. Hopefully they pick it up tomorrow.

I'm not sure how well the quality of this brand will be though

IT Tech at a school for the county school district, big step up from a min wage intern. Still at home so really only have to split money between savings, car funds, investing a lil bit, and just general spending money.

I just want a fun manual car to drive around with. My IS is fun and I eventually want to manual swap it but that can wait until I have a second car.

Pic related

Yep, I heard that the 6 speed is the way to go with the swap, hopefully I can recoup some money from the stock tranny and engine.

I'm pretty excited to be able to get something I can wrench on during my free time soon, I need a hobby other than video games

God damn it it's hard trying to find a 7afe block in California or idk if it's just hard in general and if I can find one I would get rid of my beloved aw11 mr2

7AFE are common engines, in older corollas and tercels I think

86 supra guy here, long ass time ago i stopped getting on because im an adult and im busy. anyways got rodknock in like april and it sat for months because i moved and was working 70 hours a week over the summer. ended up buying an engine and they fucked me and shipped it to the wrong place and then when they shipped it rush delivery they didnt give them my phone number so it took four weeks to get the motor in. finally got it, wasnt what i expected, was an auto cressida engine so nothing was the same. spend probably 20 hours just swapping shit over because i had no idea what i was doing. you'd be proud fellas, did it all by myself and plugged it in and it started the first try. at the exhaust shop currently would say cant wait to get it back but i put in a new clutch so no romping. hope you guys are well xoxo does this count as an update picture or do i have to wait until i get it back and take a real picture?

I can update it with that pic no problem user. What caused the rod knock? Did you deprive the engine of oil or something? Still 7M right?

i was going to rebuild my motor and had all the parts for it, but then my buddies asked me to come out and so im like alright fellas not going to romp too hard need to last until the rebuild. we all know how that goes, ended up doing rev limiter donuts and when i pulled out the car stalled and that's when i realized i fucked up. yes it is still 7m

I'm deathly afraid of crashing my future MR2 because of how uncommon body parts are. I don't care about it mechanically, as 3S-GTEs are dirt cheap, same with E153s. However, I don't know if it would be easy to replace body parts if needed. Are they a lot more common than I think, or was I correct in my assumption that body panels are rare?

Picked up my second ever car yesterday

MR2 ZZW30, 2002, UK, 38500miles on the clock

first thoughts: storage is NOT an issue, the behind the cabin storage is great for my duffel bag and my girlfriends at the same time without even using the frunk.

I've done about 150 miles so far and my only thoughts are: it's not as nice to drive in town as my first car (fiat 500), it's also far far superior to drive in the countryside and squirms less on hard turn in.

So far, stunning.

body panels are easy to replace and are SUPER easy to locate and are decently cheap.
here are some guys I know if
>Bob/ Richard Pham with MR2 heaven in California
>MR2BEN in the UK
>MR2PARTS4U in Concord NC
>Chris wong with DB8 motorsports

and other parts can be had from local fb groups, twosrus, PrimeMR2, and MR2OC

A weight has been taken off my chest. Thank you so much.

np man

HOLY SHIT I LOVE MY MR2

Is that an SW20?

yes

Noice.

>Not having a small folding bike for full JDM effect
For shame user.

>not having a Honda City with a Motocompo for next level JDM effect
SHIGGY

If I could I would, but I'm just a cyclist at heart. Pedaling my sorrows onto others.