ITT: cars it would probably be unwise to own, but you want to anyway

ITT: cars it would probably be unwise to own, but you want to anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOhLIvQJoak
jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/built-2004-gto/6290868753.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HHWBL9_alKs
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1990-mercedes-benz-sl-class-60amg-convertible/1273475582?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fiat x/19 or porsche 914
really no point though when the na/nb or aw11/zzzw30 exist and are basically better in every way and the same price or cheaper.

base-150

try and stop me bitch

>4.2 liter V8
>Near 400hp
>7500 redline
>Available with 6 speed manual
>Squishy grand Touring suspension

Why Maserati, why must you be so unreliable?

I thought that was cdn at first but fuck. Are Ford guys really that delusional? That gets you a pretty nice V8 silverado or a Tacoma.

Yes to both. 8 Series FTW.

>Italian work ethic

muh nigga

I want input on this one

fucking disgusting

They aren't unreliable at all. They're becoming the most expensive ls1 out there.

i wouldn't pay that much for a base model truck

not in a million years...

Jesus fuck why. I can get behind so many other weird desires but wanting a trans am is a fucking bridge too far.

Awesome car. Interior not the best but great fun, before cars had so many electronic nannies. Looks great IMHO, and easy to find parts for. Engine is basically bulletproof.

>dorito
>oil drinking
>fuel drinking
>rebuild every dozen k miles
>blasted in the face with heat even when the heater is off or the AC is cranked
>complicated sequential twin turbo setup that breaks all the time
but I still want one more than any other car

...Oops. Why the hate towards them?

You make me feel better about my purchase. Thinking it's going to need a clutch soon though.

>the absolute state of your taste

this car triggers my trypophobia

Holyfuck yes, it is just olaib ugly on top of that.

But muh air flow

olaib? hello?

A supra?

maserati unironically looks better for me than ferarris
new gt is sex but shame about anything else exept exterior

what an ugly motherfucker

One of the nastiest fucking cars ever produced. People talk shit about the Aztek being ugly, but this fucking turd takes the cake. Makes me sick just looking at it.

How the fuck can you like this thing? If you want fatass V8 get a Monte Carlo or something from the same era.

>probably drives a Chevy cavalier with a cylinder no.3 misfire and stuck window

I want a vz maloo...
i already have a ute that can haul more shit in the back and i already have a v8 holden so its a stupid idea.
id have to either get rid of my sedan and have 2 utes or get rid of my ute and destroy the maloo.

>2008ish bmw m6
>relatively cheap purchase price
>500 HP, 10 cylinders
>sexy coupe
>bmw parts instead of something Italian

But...
>shit mpg, like low teens
>relatively expensive repairs
>could have got a sedan m5 and make it more usable

Actually those negatives don't sounds so bad...

Holy shit, no idea how I got olaib, meant to say "fucking" ugly

Forgot pic

BMWs are bad cars. There's a reason all German cars depreciate like they're going out of style. Because they are. Just buy Japanese for the love of God, or if you need something comfortable and badly made Cadillac and Lincoln have you covered.

>not including the sound in the pros

Literally one of the best sounding engines ever.

Also,
>SMG pump

youtube.com/watch?v=DOhLIvQJoak

To me it just looks sleek and muscular, really handsome car. Always liked em. And damn they sound good. To each their own I guess, people like you just make them cheaper for me

they actually aren't bad in terms of maintenance

the only serious issues they have are the throttle bodies which have plastic gears that eat shit and its an 800 dollar part alone, and the smg transmission.

Holy shit, can't believe I forgot the sound. Someone in my neighbor had one with an aftermarket exhaust and it sounded like a beast, one of the reasons I first fell in love.

A turbo neon ACR.

He one I had in mind would be a manual transmission, that is part of the appeal to me as well.

The first gen? You know they made a SRT-4 ACR

I know, first gen just looks better.

Some day I'll own my 80's grocery getter. I could afford one outright, but I don't think I can afford the cost of essentially rebuilding an almost 30 year old car.

Warren Buffet's Cadillac. something about a geriatric car owned by a rich geriatric man gets me hard. especially if most of the miles were put on it originally by him.

Any coupe with pop-up headlights

such as
the sounds they make when the open and close would make you cringe

I don't know why you would want that specific model of the fire-bird, if you want a modern Pontiac that just get the GTO before the price raises up as more people find out how unsuspectingly modifiable that GTO is, or get an Aztec because you're illegal and want to try and outrun ICE

>GTO
I wanted one but couldn't find one in my price range that wasnt a complete pile

>illegal
nigga I'm white as hell

whats your price range? below 10k? because GTO with 400hp seems to be at the highest 16k

I love that ECC engine, and the fact you could get it in a coupe

Yes. sub $10k. I found several 2004 GTOs, but they were all ragged out piles of shit

jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/built-2004-gto/6290868753.html

Here's a prime example. Modded, most certainly ragged on, and the owner doesnt care enough about it to fix the damn headlights. Not something I want to own.

Not to mention there are so many GTOs with salvaged titles, which is an auto no-go for insurance reasons alone.

kill yourself busrider faggot

You can get a nice 4x4 ecoboost or V8 crewcab F-150 for 36,000 Canadabucks right now.

Thats 29,000 ameribucks

The guy in the video is just retarded and went by MSRP

or V6 with rear locker for $29,000 ($23,500 USD)

Could definitely goy them down a bit even more

rx-8

Im close to pulling the trigger on the rc350 f-type.

>catfish grille

[in the US]

These types of auctions they say they donate the winning bid to charities. So the rich pay 100's of thousands for worthless shit for a tax write-off and good publicity.

> Northstar V8 when then LS2 Engine existed during the same time period

CAN'T WAKE UP

Ls swap it
Thats its only flaw
A shit engine

i fucking love this thing man

>muh unreliable
Hey, it is Italian thing. You don't know Italian at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=HHWBL9_alKs

this. With rotary.

The very definition of this thread. I have a friend who owns one that she's kept up to really top shape and it's still a dick in the eye to keep on the road, especially here in Aus with summer coming back up. Honestly just better to leave it in the garage over summer and whip it out in autumn/winter/spring.

I'm in the same boat as you user, Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, etc. all don't do it for me at all, but for some reason the Granturismo does. There's a guy near me who owns one in white and it's the goddamned nicest sounding car.

Any older S class.

I very nearly bought a 1999 S500 yesterday, but saw sense in the end and got a 2006 C230 instead, I expect my bank account will thank me.

E60 it’s an evil mistress that will ruin your otherwise comfy, boring, upper middle class life and family. It’s not even that good looking. It’s just a wild ride that will grind your cock off and make you feel 18 again, and everyone envy you. While it’s running at least.

Integra Type R

Only stupid because some violent illegal aliens beaner would steal it within 72 hours of acquiring it. Maybe if Trump can get this fucking wall built, and deport all of these knucklehead illegals, we could finally own nice things without fear of Rodrigo and his felonious cousins holding my family at machete point while they ransack my garage so they can make their little beaner civics a little faster at the illegal drag races.
OVER THE WALL YOU FUCKING MONGRELS!

basically any old british roadster
impossible to justify it when a miata exists
fuck you mazda

Alfa GTV6.

The “recent classic” of the true automotive connoisseur...

>what is this, a picture for ants?

Z32

Hardmode engaged for any mechanic

keep it in a garage then

S55 are comically cheap right now. Like less than an M3 form the same year with same miles. When I bought my LS430last year, the guy also had a S55 he was trying to offload. Was asking $13k with only just over 100k miles on it.

That won’t stop them Juan.

is there a way to stop them I'm thinking about a gsr but I don't live by many mexicans is a locked storage unit enough

Yeah, park it in a black neighborhood

>acquire SL55
>pulley swap
>intake, exhaust, tune
>coil over conversion
Enjoy your budget McLaren SLR

i came a little

Insta-boner for the 8 series, but two ECU's, fack me.....
Two cars that I want but would probably be a bad idea.
A Citroen DS, and the Mercedes in this ad (local sale)
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1990-mercedes-benz-sl-class-60amg-convertible/1273475582?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
An AMG from when they were still separate from Mercedes.

>citroen DS

fuck yes

As long as the one you get isn't rusted out, repairing and maintaining a CRX is cheap and easy.

I've even looked for a DS, and they come in two conditions. Perfect and comically expensive, or cheap and a life long project to bring it back to health.

those tragic fucking bumpers though

jesus christ

cars should be designed to cripple pedestrians, it's a deterrent to keep them out of the roadways

You're forgetting that it weighed about 4000lbs

>legal to import to Canada soon
Luckily I'm not rich enough to make this mistake

Seen here in its natural environment. Probably going to be stupid as usual and do it anyway.

>Triumph Stag
I've always wanted one of these.
But I should never be allowed to own one, because I would destroy it.
And that would be heresy of the foulest kind.

fuck yes. Shifting on them feels clunky though

Almost bought a Triumph Spitfire a year ago. Needless to say, it required some work. BRG with tan leather. Great grandfather who died before I was born had one just like it, saw him in it in pictures. It was rad.

Then I realized I'm not batshit crazy and bought an na8.

Correct choice of the word comically. CL55s still trading at $20k, E63s about the same. S55s can be had for $10k or so. But I'm sure the maintenance is terrifying

This. Absolute madman car. I want one more than nearly all cars. If I was terminal, there would be no other choice

What do you reckon is safer, a Sagaris or a sportbike?

I almost tried to buy a used lancer ralliart as my first car.
Luckily i snapped out of it and they discontinued all performance lancers the following year.

For some reason I want an S2K

anything with more than 200 hp and less than 2500 lbs

i floor it everywhere i go and generally drive like a maniac. any more power than i currently have will end up getting me killed.

Cavaliers are kind of dated now Pontiac sunfires have kind of replaced them.

Jesus, at least get a lightly used one so you can comfortably sell it in 6 months when you realise how shitty it is.

With these old eurobarges it usually makes economical sense to buy a parts car.

Keep voting for Trump

>3000 lbs
>slower than 4 cylinder cars of the same era

The design and interior make me humid.

i wanted one of these so bad

too bad theyre hunks of shit