Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EO V Information
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

>EOV artbook (at least they tried scans)
imgur.com/a/PJOEa

Previous thread:

Let me ask again, what's the secret class/race in V?

Friendship

isekai protag

Delete deer

Mystic

>not Space Salad

>Horn
>Reptilian
>Atlus could've had lizardmen in the game but didn't

There are Lizardmen in the game and they fug bunny girls.

>not lunarians

The fuck is a secret class?

>he doesn't know

holy shit when was eov confirmed to be coming?

A leak two threads ago.

Trying nothing fancy like Chains or some such how good is hawk Hound as a pure damage class?
I want to run that Granny because she is awesome (and her alternate colour has a fucking bald eagle).

those horns won't ever fit in this hood

>american grannyfucker
ew

With most skills requiring 10 points to max. Would it be better to just focus on a few skills, or to put say 5 points into several skills?

They are usually small and soft and only grow when she is aroused.

called rockstop, seems at the moment there's no incentive to preorder from them over amazon thus far

is it possible either one will get something like a poster or map or something in a few months or would any preorder bonuses have already been made clear?

one point wonders until you have enough tp to sustain level 5 then 10

Usually you want to specialize - you only have so many actions in combat so you want to make them count.
That being said 4 and 9 are usually cut-off points to hold active skills at for a while since they get increased TP costs at 5 and 10.

we still have 5 months to go so maybe. it's weird that they didn't announce any ce's or bonuses but that might be because of the leak

Oh of course. I just meant overall. 4 had diminishing returns, so it wasn't always the best idea to max a skill.

EOIV also has a lot of prerequisites for higher level skills.
Usually late game TP stops to be as much of an issue and at that point you want to max out the skills you actually use.
What do a bunch of half-learned skills help you when you can only use one of them per turn?

Cestus user from last thread here. If I use One-Two and i get 4 hits (including One-Two itself) then use Rush Out, that would be another 4 hits correct? That raises the question of why Rush Out has a max of 9 hits - is there some skill doubling or some other interactions that im missing? There dont seem to any other skills that Cestus has naturally to set up Rush Out for that maximum hit count of 9

has the US or Europe ever gotten a collector's edition for etrian anything?

Granny can teach you a thing or two about freedom.

The most you can get is 5 hits with Lead Blow on a target with all three binds and an ailment.
But where did you get Rush Out having 9 hits from anyways? I have seen no such thing.

Should you eventually get most of the racial skills? A lot of them appear to be rather useful.

Can someone help me out with unlocking EO2U's postgame? I did the Yggdrasil Core fight, the wyvern quest, but on 27F I get turned around at the start.

You can skimp on the Unison skills you don't actually want to use.
But most passives are pretty good - especially the stat boosts that scale with level to a certain degree.

Have you done all quests (except the Queen piece thingy)?
There is one for a Grail of Destruction or something that has you talk to the bir-folk at the entrance to the Heavenly Keep.
You need that thing to unlock the post-game stratum proper.

Thanks. Retiring is still in 5 right? I only ask because I don't see that option on the skill sim which seems odd.

Not all of them, I have six open besides the princess piece:
Haute Cuisine(making some amount of money with advertising, however I kinda neglected that stuff because I've got the dlc for money)
Labyrinth stew,
Volunteer Service II,
The Item Trade II,
Dinner for One,
An inquisitive child.

Im lookin at the skill sim. It's probably an error on their end but i think i got the combo build down: You'd need the 3 starter binders (Flicker, Arm Break, Liver Blow), One-Two as the main combo starter and builder for Rush Out which, of course is the finisher. Now if multiple binds stick (which im not counting on) Lead Blow is a nice bonus.

Now im looking at Giving it Everything. It seems like it works like Bushi's Blood Surge - can you use it on yourself? That 40% damage looks sweet (unless it removes HP for every follow up that One-Two Activates)

I don't remember the exact requirements, so I would suggest just doing all the quests until something comes up.

>Haute Cuisine
If you can have three advertising spots and enough money that one is easy.
Wait until the Gourmet King is in one district than fully upgrade that district.
When a district reaches the highest level they will spawn a massive group of customers. With the Gourmet King around they will eat anything so just throw your most expensive dish at them (btw. you only need the ingredients for the dish once and can feed a small army with that).
Upgrade two other districts, give them the food they want and you should get around 200k easy.

V is the only one to date that got a separate CE aside from first print/preorder bonuses

Pretty sure blood surge activates at the start of the cestus's turn, but I'm not certain.

If you want to hit 9 on rush out you're going to be relying on Rushing Blood activating 5 times, and using Lead blow on a fully bound & ailing enemy. The chances of this happening are minute, but if you can find a way to make your cestus take a lot of damage (and survive) it could work.

Consider Dragoon's Dragon's Roar to put aggro on the Cestus, and maybe reclass a Brownie into the cestus for the better defenses (but if you do sub a brownie you'll need someone else to set up binds (look into MasuraoB for that).

Alright thanks, I always thought it would eat up(pun intended) a lot of ingredients if I sell it to a ton of people

>Rush Out which, of course is the finisher
The finisher is Lead Blow.
Rush Out deals 180% per hit so 720% with 4 hits and 900% with five hits - and it can not repeated into itself.

Lead Blow deals 150% on the first hit and then uses all the skills for the binds/ailments the enemy is afflicted with with a 1.5 times damage multiplier.
If the enemy if fully bound (for example by the Lunarion unison skill that inflicts all three binds)) and has any ailment that means five hits for 150%, 337% (times 3) and 360% respectively - or 1521%.
Even if one bind or the ailment is missing it's still more than a maximum Rush Out and with either two binds or one binds and an ailment ou are still above a four-hit Rush Out.
And you can spam it as long as everything stays on your target. And you can use Rush Out once stuff falls off.

You can use Giving It Everything on yourself.
Whenever the one with the buff acts it sacrifices a percentage of your current HP, not your total ones - so you can not kill yourself with it.

la melnom grul

Ricky did not wash herself for a thousand years.

Let's say it does damage for every follow up (I doubt it too but just for shits and giggles) and Rushing Blood hits all its activations - that's a shit ton of damage in one turn. More likely all of that wont happen, Rushing Blood is still a 40% damage boost. Here's the twist though - I DON'T want to bind enemies. I want One-Two to activate as much as possible so I can get as many hits of Rush Out as I can get. I want to just beat the living hell out of anything with my tiny Brownie fists as much as possible.

I thought about that but Brownies' LUC is terrible. In my opinion, I think rotating back and forth between One-Two and Rush Out with the occasional Lead Blow is a better option than having to make two characters just to have Lead Blow be reliable. No doubt that Lead Blow is strong but I don't think it's the best option for a Brownie Cestus - I won't really know until I get my hands on the game.

>You can use Giving It Everything on yourself
Aw yeeeea. So it's Blood Surge 2.0, that's awesome.

>I DON'T want to bind enemies
Then you want to be using Flicker, Arm Break and Liver blow with Double Punch, but I'll assume you meant that (one two's name is a little confusing). And you'll want either Therian (maxed damage, moderate LUC) or Brownie (low damage, low LUC)
[Brownie's STR at level 99 (no retire) will be 88, which is so bad it might make the whole thing worthless]

Brownie has also terrible strength... but knock yourself out.

Btw. - who said your Cestus must be the one inflicting the binds and ailment?
Anyone will do (especially a Lunarian thanks to their binding Unison skill) and then you can hit five times for a few turns, Rush Out afterwards and then get to One-Two since the enemy has accumulated resistances anyways.

There are so many skills I want, but not enough points for them all.

Which is a very good problem to have.
It's way worse to be running out of stuff you actually want halfway through the game...

Here's Fang. Be nice to her.

Fang a cute.

Yea I guess so. In 4, I was able to get the skills I wanted with some points left over.

I'd be using a Brownie for this build. One-Two activates all the base binding skills (Flicker for head, Arm Break for arms, Liver Blow for legs) if the target doesn't already have those binds in place. Double Punch doesn't stack with One-Two unfortunately. As far as STR goes, I'm sure there's ways to cover for that (physical def down skills, equipment bonuses, etc)

you missed the part where I didn't want to dedicate someone to just binding for Lead Blow. I'm very much a "death by a thousand cuts" type of person. I haven't even considered the other party members yet, just been focusing on making this Brownie Cestus (Boxing Brownie?) viable

Delete.

One-Two doesn't activate them all. It has a CHANCE to activate them all. You can have only 1 activate (or even none of them activate) or all 3.
Using the skills individually will deal more damage, and combo with Double punch for more consistant damage.

>you missed the part where I didn't want to dedicate someone to just binding for Lead Blow.

You don't need to dedicate someone.
A Unison skill is literally a single skill point. Any Lunarian can learn it - Warlock, Necromancer or reclassed into something different.
And you can only use it once anyways since it's a five person Unison skills so the bars of your party will get depleted.

And if you want death by a thousand cuts Lunarian classes are for you anyways.
Warlock A has Multistrike Form which lowers the damage of the next skill used but has it hit 2-6 times in exchange.
And Necromancer A has Ghost Dance (all ghosts attack three times whenever they attack) and Open Grave (all ghosts counterattack whenever the selected ally gets attacked).
If you run two Necromancers they can use both skills at the same time whihc together with a Dragon's Roar Dragoon or a Dodge Fencer is just disgusting.

What is she thinking?

I forgot to ask; does One-Two use the % damage of the skills it activate? What I mean is when One-Two is used does it use its own damage first (150%) then use the binding skills damage (225%) or just overwrites their damage totally?

It overwrites the damage, so the individual skills will always deal more damage than one-two

Do people eat corral as salad?

I do

Didn't know how Union Skills worked at all, so thanks for the info dump user.

Urgh, that kinda sucks. That's a bit of a kick in the pants 'cause even if Double Punch activates (450% damage combined) it cuts the potential hit count for Rush Out.

Managing to get max hits on Rush out is going to be very difficult, and the skill does plenty damage on 3/4 hits (which you can get pretty easily with full binds + ailment if your team is built for it). Getting to the 9 would be strong, but it's so unlikely to happen that building around that 1% chance is going to be tough.

At least i learned a lot about how Cestus skills interact with each other. Its lookin like if i want to have a Brownie Cestus im going to have to drop Rush Out in favor of Lead Blow as the big damage dealer. I'm gonna assume that enemies/bosses still build resistance to binds the more you inflict them and lose that resistance over time, so One-Two isn't useless if I want to scout if i can rebind or something.

I guess it'd work for that, especially since the bind chance is higher.
But if you're taking a brownie cestus, you'll want someone else to land the binds, like was mentioned before, you could use lunarian union, a second Earthrun cestus, or an earthrun MasuraoB. HoundB also has a couple bind skills

Yea... Man im kinda bummed out now. Thanks for all the help user, this was fun to do in the end.

James pls

So how are you going to name your dog and bird?
That are the only names I'm not sure about...

LGTSS

EO Blondie power rankings

>Top tier
Blonde landsnack
Blonde fortress
Gunner

>High tier
Teach
Nene

>Mid tier
Princess

>Low tier
Ricky

God tier:
Bandanashark
Princess
Top tier:
Banana Shogun
Gunner
Fang
Teach
Dark Hunter
Armpitpussy tier:
Nene
Mid tier:
Farmer
Pirate
Fortress
Low tier:
Alchemist
Ricky

>no hoplite, boblite, zodiac, arbalist, onee-san medic, survivalist, sniper or shiitake

Ookami, burd.

Some questions about necromancer. Does ghost mastery really multiply the damage ghosts do by 6x? That sounds rather strong. And how useful is ghost dance?

>EOV set for 2017

FUCKING FINALLY

Ghost damage is really tiny.
They have small strength and no weapon - and as opposed to Hawks they don't get a magic invisible multiplier to beef them up.
So overall it's not much.
Ghost Dance on it's own is nothing spectacular it might help you actually paralyze an enemy with a ghost normal attack for once. But usually blowing up a ghost deals more damage (and is faster since ghosts are slow as balls).
Things start rolling if you go for Ghost Dance + Open the Grave but that needs two Necromancers. Open the Grave adds another multiplier on top which means there is finally enough stuff stacked on the ghosts' attacks to make them dangerous.

I hope we get enough spaces to give them some actual names.
The JP version gives you four for pet names...

So how useful is a single necromancer? They don't sound that great outside of zombie powder/exchange.

EO V is coming to US in Fall, right?

When it will come to Europe? Or I should think about importing console and game already?

They are pretty damn useful but not that straight forward to use especially with other summon classes present.
For one their base class has the only base class party heal skill. They have a really strong poison that is relevant even against bosses and FOEs and they have good damage when blowing up their ghosts.

US: Fall 2017
EU: Fall 2017
Deep Silver seems pretty dedicated to keep the releases in the same timeframe but more has not been said.
It might even get released in NA and EU at the same time... Might.

Alright, so would you say type B is much more useful even if I ignored zombie powder?

Oh, thats good to hear. I wonder how much will it cost, tho. EO IV cost me 150 PLN and was not dropping in price for several years.

As a damage class sure.
Necromancer A has some supporty stuff but it's hard to completely rely on them as a supporter.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of using one mainly as support with some damage.

In NA it is said to cost $40 so as much as most other 3DS games.
Not sure if that stays true for all of Europe though.

Gravestone Binding has a really nice petrify chance but most Necromancer A skills are a bit questionable.
Open Grave could do work if you have someone pulling aggro or Ghost Dance otherwise.

Supporter Necro uses many base skills like Moaning Spirits and Price of Life (physical DEF debuff and party heal respectively).
They want to have as many ghosts ready as possible so they don't have to to summon ghosts when they would need to sacrifice them.
And Necromancer B is all about blowing ghosts up so it is pretty counter-productive.

>Pet Shop might not fit
The horror

I love ghosts. The most broken build I've created uses them to their full potential:

Here's your setup:
Dragoon(A) (Filler1)
Necro(A) Necro(A) (Filler2)

For your fillers I used a Cestus for Filler1 and a Brownie ReaperB for Filler2. Cestus'll be using Cross counter against physical attacks, or just binding otherwise. ReaperB is lowering enemy DEF and ATK (effectively buffing the zombies) and providing healing support.

Dragoon is built for Dragon's Roar, so take that HP boosts and DEF boosts. You'll also want line guard, material guard, maybe heal guard and full guard. Just a normal no-bunker build + Dragon's Roar really.

One Necro specs into Ghost dance, the other into Open Grave. Other skills are up to you, but all are kinda useless to the build. It's honestly the worst thing about it. I like to spec into preservation, so the heal skills and the ghost summoning passives which'll help in emergencies.

Your combo is pretty simple. Dragoon uses Dragon's Roar on herself, while the ghosts are set to counter all attacks on her and also given ghost dance. Each time an enemy attacks the dragoon each ghost attacks 3 times at a huge damage modifier. Each ghost also attacks 3 more times at turn end for smaller damage. If the ghosts kill an enemy the attacks "spill over" too, so your damage is consistant. The only boss that can really counter this is the 3rd post game boss, and the stratum 6 boss (and the 3rd startum boss since he doesn't attack you, but his minions will do, so it evens out).

I was thinking of going with Dragoon B, Masurao A. Reaper B, Shaman A, and a Necromancer.

So I'd have the reaper debuff, shaman buff, and everyone but the shaman would be capable of 1 or more ailments. But I may need to change that.

Sounds good, but I'd rather not use more than 1 of a class. At least not in my first play through.

It's fucking broken, but I can agree with people not wanting to run two of a single class.
I will ask you to consider taking two of the same class with different subclasses though. The differences are normally enough to make them play differently; they're basically their own classes that they share portraits

In the case of necromancer skills seem to be distributed rather arbitrarily though. It isn't like hound, masurao, fencer or warlock, which have very clear themes for their branches.

How well would it work with just dragons roar and open grave? Or would ghost dance be necessary?

Open grave does good damage by itself, but Ghost dance pushes it over into being OP. You'll want to max out the ghost power boost passive.

This is true. The problem with necro being the Jack of all trades class is that they have no real focus in either of their second names. It's kinda sad honestly.
I think the idea behind the 2 second names is that one keeps the ghosts up as fighters (A) and the other uses them as fuel for skills (B), but a couple skills in both trees go against that focus. It's weird

Wake up.

Don't let your myths be myths.