Sup Veeky Forums, so since college I've gotten a promotion. Lets just say I make about 5k a year more now

Sup Veeky Forums, so since college I've gotten a promotion. Lets just say I make about 5k a year more now.
Aside from practicality/functionality.
I have decided on a ND miata club
>5.8 0-60 finally a miata that wont get smoked by everything
>handles very well, fun (basing this off driving an NA and NB)
I was considering almost everything in this segment. WRX, Si, GTI, BRZ
WRX: bro life
Si: LMAO 1.5t
GTI: maybe i should drive a new one, but realibility
BRZ: gotta go slow, cant do it

Going to test drive one in a couple hours. What are you opinoins Br/o/s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3MhS_TzPbA
forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169661
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get the RF u cuck

If european, go for the GTI, or better yet, the Seat Leon Cupra.
I heard that the american VW is pretty much shit in terms of quality and reliability, so I shouldn't recommend it.

you might be happier with a cheap NC with mods
i drove a ND club for 3 weeks at release and decided my nc was worth keeping and modding right then rather than waiting for the aftermarket to catch up

obviously now thats a moot point it really comes down to your budget and intended mods

the nd club is almost perfect imo
with wider wheels and stiffer roll bars it becomes a little monster

bump

VAG quality is shit regardless if euro or american

>gt86
>slow
>thinks ND is any faster
bitch you getting the wrong car if you want muscle car get camaro, if you want handle get either GT86 or ND, preferrably GT86.

.8 0-60 finally a miata that wont get smoked by everything
hahaha thats faster than a brz

>5.8 0-60 finally a miata that wont get smoked by everything

>HEY GUYS I WANT TO BUY AN HAMMER, WHAT HAMMER IS BEST FOR STORING MY OS AND A FEW GAMES ON FOR BEST LOAD TIMES
you're retarded, just buy whatever cuck muscle car benchracers masturbate over this week.

God forbid a car handles AND accelerates well, I suppose you think an Elise/Exige/Speedster Turbo are practically Eldorados because an auto Camry can't out accelerate one?

point is he was saying gt86, a car that handles better, is shit because it isn't a drag racer like ND.

good accelaration and handling go hand in hand because good handling requires no weight. Straightline speed is another thing.

Fucken do it!!!

Bought an ND its fucken great, godlike handling when you take it to high speeds that you simply dont get with bigger heavier cars. Power isnt bad either, this one surprised me the most since people shit on miatas for it.

I Have fun all day tossing the car around, wish i had more money to get a second one to track modify. Alot of people that havent driven one would be surprised at how mich fun they are to drive. Miatas are like nothing else on the market.

10/10 purchase no regret

>0.3 of a second faster
>somehow miles better
Is this some kind of a meme?

The 86 is a good car but why get a heavier car when you can get the lightweight ND. Trust me when I tell you those 300-500 extra pounds the 86 has make a big difference in overall feeling, handling, etc. The overall experience of driving a car is better served on a lightweight body something increasingly rare these days where every damn car is overweight

can confirm upgraded roll bars makes it crazy good at handling, and that's with a Sport on stock 195/50R16s. the front sway bar is a bitch to install though, gotta drop the steering rack.
next on mod list is finding a club diff for cheap (or just go aftermarket) and wider wheels

Just buy a used 86/BRZ, slap a supercharger kit and tires on it and call it a day.
The Edelbrock kit is what, $6000 and you're talking a 115hp gain and a 75ftlb gain?

(ND)lighter> heavier(86)

Choice is easy

I think you need to give si a chance. sedan weights 28xx to 29xx. Handling is much better then focus st or gti. You say 1.5 but it’s still faster then Frs/miata

Just come out and tell us the truth, you don’t want wrx because you can’t afford it. It is one of best car you can buy for the price

Yeah but the 86 has a longer wheelbase and it has a real roof and it's not as cramped and it has the better chassis and it looks better (objective) and it's cheaper (buy lightly used, save a bucket of money).

Would I rather have a new ND or a BRZ with 40k miles and a supercharger making over 300hp at the crank?
Wow, that's a really hard choice....

Get the Miata or the GTI.
It's the easiest way to impress the executives at your company. Old dudes love roadsters, and many of them probably had a GTI in the 70s.

^this.

the only bad part of having an ND is dealing with uncultured fucks who still call it a miata.

yea that basically how i built my sport NC2
club lsd and FM susp and its a totally different car

my friend that has a similarly modded ND sport is always slightly slower on long autox courses and slightly faster on tighter autox courses

you would be shocked at the midrange torque you pick up with a header/tune on the ND
i did header/ tune same time as my friend and while the gains on paper are comparable, the ND still feels faster /more nimble

Drive a 3k civic for a few years and buy an old NSX while they are still obtainable.

They cost 40k-60k and while the performance is easily matched or beaten the actual driving feels and looks of that car are god tier compared to your brand new hyped up commuter cars you're considering.

but then again, there's a long list of cool cars you can get once you've got five figures to throw around. I just don't get why you want a rapidly depreciating commuter other than muh new car.

Yeah but the 86 still feels like a big car unless you get it up to high speed. It's noticeably light, and maybe you really do need a roof an back seats, but it's a little short of feeling like a little matchbox car to cruisade against the little windy roads with.

Man I still want a 1st gen NSX no matter how old I get.

my coworker got one for 25k. Lucky fucking asshole. He wrapped it in white, im jelly

just don't get a toyobaru, i've seen a couple of those get destroyed on the track by ancient miata's

vag one of the highest quality consumer brands is shit quality? god fucking damn get of Veeky Forums how deluded can you be. I'm not saying they are a perfect company but there's one thing they excel at its quality control

Yeah but the ND feels like a boat compared to an AW11.

I mean it's a good sports car. I understand the appeal of the Miata, but I don't really enjoy convertibles, and there are better used small cars than the ND like the AW11 and NA Miata.

I think it just goes to show that there should be more such models in production even if they're not the volume sellers because threads like this show that niche buyers really will debate all the different tradeoffs if they have the chance to choose which one to pay money for.

>BRZ: gotten go slow, can't do it
Implying the Miata is much faster, they're both slow you moron

OP, get a ZZW30 and set aside some money for a 2ZZ swap.

The car itself is 2195, lighter than all the cars you mentioned and cheaper too and with the 180 HP 2ZZ, your 0-60 will be around 5 seconds.

Why waste your money on cars that are more expensive and slower when you can get this? I fucking laugh at people with NDs and Fiat 124s with my 2ZZ.

You can then spend the rest of your ND budget on handling mods like chassis stiffening bars, coils, LSD, ect.

Don't even get me started on BRZs/86s, they look nice but why spend 15-30K on one when a 2ZZ ZZW30 will be around 10K?

You also have to deal with a boxer engine.

Those MR2'S ate known to burn oil and are ugly as balls, you could have at least suggested a turbo sw20 but ya blew it
>You also have to deal with a boxer engine
Implying people here actually work on their cars

This

I know "muh extra weight" but its just so close to fulfilling the coupe fantasy. And I guess they also improved the stock suspension with the RF.

That's correct, the 1ZZ was notorious for burning oil and sucking in the precat innards back into the engine hence why you should ditch that boat achor for a 2ZZ.

>SW20

That's almost 600 pounds heavier than a ZZW30.

>Ugly

Subjective, have you seen one in person?

oil burn is not as bad with a '05 1JZ, but even with the 2ZZ, the work isn't so bad.

Also, agreed on the MR-S/Spyder, they get unfair shit but they are just absolutely insane to drive, handle really well, and are cheap to fix. Hopefully people dislike it forever and keep 'em cheep

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of getting an other one I love 'em so damn much.

>1JZ, 1ZZ
What's the difference really

Dude they're really fantastic, people get shocked once you mention the weight. I'm in the process of getting the swap ready for the 2ZZ, funnily enough because of the issues I had with the 1ZZ (torn rod bearing, previous owner was a dumb ol' high school kiddo).

GL on getting another one, I was thinking about getting a first-gen MR2 again, so I feel ya

I know, they get so shocked when they find out it's 15 years old, it has aged gracefully.

I've never driven a 1ZZ Spyder apart from the 1ZZ in my mom's Corolla so I have no reference but the prev owner swapped in a 2ZZ already and it's a blast, once VVT-I kicks in at around 6K, it's an ohshit! moment, you'll have a blast for sure.

The previous owner of mine totally neglected the softop drains on mine, they were full of paper and some rubber crap, I think he didn't know why his interior kept getting wet.

>get more money
>immediately wants to waste it
kys. be happy with what you have and do something responsible with your money.

Keeping Mazda in business is my only goal in life.

This could be a pasta

I got an ND and its fun as fuck.
There's nothing wrong with calling it a miata you insecure pleb.

the name is a big factor why the MX5 can't shake off the "lol gayboi car" designation. Congrats on perpetuating the burgerland moniker

really don't care about other people's hangups about a car i have no interest in buying, blow me, it's a fucking miata.

ya goof, ya don't buy a car off what other people think of it, otherwise you'll never be as happy with it

No, it's the media that pushes that image
It is a very unthreatening looking car, but only because it's trying to subtly emulate 1960's roadster styling. European sports cars all pretty much looked like Miatas back then.

That doesn't stop it from being a cute (CUTE!) when you walk by and sometimes waking up in the morning wondering why you never fooled around with a guy back when you were young nobody would have cared.

FAGGOTS GET OFF MY Veeky Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I want an RF bad.

How long until they are under 20k you all think?

Badass car.

Think the RF are going to hold their value for much longer than the soft top because alot of people prefer a hard top on a car. Plus that shit just looks cool popping it up, demand will stay high consistently. See a bunch more RF where I live than soft tops here in Cali.

You a have a way better shot at getting a soft top in about 2-3 years for that price, hell I actually like the look of the soft top more.

Key word here

>used

Some people have the money and want to own & drive a new car

Their is literally no other NEW car that gives you this unique performance and is stupid lightweight

You don't understand
The gt86 makes up for that weight by handling better than the miata
>t. someone whos driven both

And from the sound of it, you just want to dragrace it. If you don't get a V8 car then you're going to feel very stupid getting that miata.

>t.masamichi kogai

The 2zz doesn't burn oil the 1zz does. I own a Celica GTS 2000 with 257k miles still runs great and all I do is change oil . 2zz is a very reliable engine . I was going to get a MRS and 2zz swap it but bought an Ap1 S2k

Anyone "car guy" who spends money on a new car has been anal abused by the dealership jew and should off themselves. You can always get more for your dollar if you go used. Even if it's only lightly used and a year or two older.

Why the fuck would you buy a new car that's going to depreciate when you drive it off the lot? Because you're to insecure to own a car that's been owned by someone else?
My aunt was buying a new car a few years ago as her old Acura had around 240k on it and was starting to fall apart. She was shopping all around for new cars and was thinking about buying a new Camry or Accord although she just didn't think the interior quality was all that great.
I found her a 2013 Lexus IS250 Sport for substantially less that only had 35,000 miles. The interior was much nicer, the car was quieter for highway driving, it was a bit quicker, it looked better, and it had a better sound system.
Plus, our family all uses the same private mechanic who does very good work and charges very fair prices, so a warranty doesn't matter and we would rather take the care to our own mechanic as we know it will be fixed properly.
She kept saying she didn't want a used car but she ended up driving it and loving it and has zero regrets about buying it years later.

>finally a miata that wont get smoked by everything

Your Miata is slower than my 2015 Tundra TRD. And it weighs 5600lbs.

You're still gonna get smoked by anyone in a V8 truck you little cuck.

Miata bitches BTFO.

Miatas were primarily driven by women and gays, this is not just some baseless stereotype. Even today most of the owners are homosexuals, they're just 45 and have a wife and kids. Doesn't mean they aren't depressed, closeted faggots.

Chances are if you see a man in his 40's driving a Miata, he's a pedophile.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3MhS_TzPbA

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169661

Everyone knows they are a faggot car, even the owners.

It is a totally baseless stereotype, especially today when both of those groups obviously prefer SUVs.

And you're just proving my point with the Family Guy clip, the media is forcing a meme that comes from the fact that the media itself is produced in an area where there are lots of gay people and year-round convertible car weather. Come to the southeast, where it's a car for southern christian retirees and their wives.

>southern christian retirees and their wives.

The kind that volunteer with their Church's youth group and work closely with young boys.

that's a social problem completely unrelated to the fact that the Miata is a popular car in the region despite massive anti-homosexual social pressure.

>Spending 30k on a 2 seat vert that doesn't even have a glovebox

Why would you need a box for your gloves? You might smudge the steering wheel. GROSS!

>Their is literally no other NEW car that gives you this unique performance and is stupid lightweight
You mean aside from the Fiata right?

If you want reliability you don't want an ND, even the Fiat 124 id more reliable.

this is a load of horseshit

>fiat more reliable than mazda

Hahahaha

Essentially same car but if u wanna nitpick

The naturally aspirated sky active engine is better than the fiat turbo engine

Nobody wants lag on a roadster, that's what u get if choose the fiata

For certain cars used is a good option. Especially cars that are more likely to have been driven by older people

But lets say for example you get a used BRZ with 30 K miles

Sure the paint still looks like new, and cars feels fine but you essentially have no fucken idea how the car was driven by the previous owner. Seen lots of LOW miles sports cars that visually look fine and even run ok but they can be harboring some hidden damage from prev owner.

Let be honest here alot of people that buy sports cars and are likely going hard on them especially if their trading them in so quick at low miles. Its likely because they already raped them plenty, got bored and are looking for a different car to play with