/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

New dev stream on monday (with official patch notes).
twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/873179873090646017

>Unofficial Patch Notes
gwentdb.com/news/114-gwent-balance-and-game-changes-coming-soon#

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Charcter Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/vnAmF4J.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dropping a grave hag round three for 28

that felt great, if I had played a little more aggressively, I might have gotten her up to 40ish

IM HANKERING FOR SOME GWENT

Should I swap any of my current gold?

is that dash or ciri?

I strive above all to be ____

>inb4 the Gwent team decides to unnerf RNR/Drought
>Tons of anons on here shit themselves in anger as their glorious scraps vanish into thin air

Ciri : Dash.

Best card game by far, wew. I can finally ditch Rngstone.

God bless

>Monstercuck plays grave hag round 3 last card
>Use rally
>Breaking her knees with no survivors

I'd be minorly butthurt as I did make a premium RNR, but it would be only minor butthurt. I didn't craft one, I merely transmuted the one I had.

still better than basic geralt

J U S T

Report in with premium golds

golden drought and RNR ready for monday

Same but now I'm worried they either wont nerf them or go back on the 1600 scrap thing.

You people and your jewy schemes.
CDPR should just fuck you over for trying to cheat the system that is already more fair to you than most other f2p systems.

I doubt they're changing their mind on Gold Weather in 3 days.

It needs to be nerfed.

Add Premium Tibor.

The good thing i sthat I don't kno what to craft with all this scrap.

I think I will go for Gigni than I still have 5 cards to choice.

Are spell'tael and dwarves the only playable ST decks?

Shadowverse gave out 40 packs for their anniversary

I think Hearthstone has ruined card game dev generosity, it seems people are surprised when Devs are actually generous and not consumed by greed. They're doing a nice thing and giving being their value back for their meteorite powder.

I don't see the problem desu

user, please rein in your jealousy, its very ugly

they already revealed on twitter exactly how to get the most scraps

tfw gonna have a completed collection after the next patch

Disgusting plebs who are happy getting non premium golds and have to come up with jewish tricks to alleviate their poorness
I only play with premium cards

But you have to play shitty hs clone to get those 40 packs, so there's that.

I am pretty sur ethere are other ST Deck to use, it's just that top player don't need them atm.

On the tier list of premiums that give value, what would be tier 1?

For me it's Celaeno Harpy, 3 premiums in 1 card

It's unironically a better game than Hearthstone
The only flaw is literally the maximum weeb aesthetic

>shadowshit
No thank you

Dagon

The mobile oriented UI and clusterfuck of visual effects and cluttered backgrounds makes it absolute shit. I mean I love anime titties, and I couldn't play it.

>Burza confirmed in Discord that patch and stream won't happen on the same day.
Haha epic! I sure do love being unable to mill and craft anything for 2 weeks straight leaving me to play the same decks over and over!

well they either do that, or nerf silver weather so that it's actually worse than gold weather

If they change their minds on the premium dusting=1600 scrap then they are going to go with 800 scrap + 400 dust which again means no harm done in your balance.

Just turn off effects and enable simple backgrounds if it bothers you that much

the mill button is right there, you criminal scum

Do I need to Transmute the cards before the patch hits to get double scrap or can I do it after too?

Your opponent goes second in round 1

At some point during the round, he passes you in points by playing Ciri

What's an appropriate response?

I'm at a loss, and it seems playing Ciri like that is only good when you go second, which is a shame

Yeah it makes total sense to mill your shit when they are literally doubling the scrap values for commons/rares after the patch, especially since they aren't going to reimburse the difference.

I thought you said you were unable to mill cards?

Reminded that tidesoftime is /ourguy/ and the best streamer this game has

There is rng in gwent but god knows it isn't as rampant as it is in HS.

What does it consist of? I'm making my way through the challenges currently. The only RNG I could think of is standard draws.

Who? I only follow mowgai and kbt.

I just told you his name

Uhh varu?

The rng that gives you the same card that you mulliganed a round before.
Happens way too often for me. I mean fuck, there are 13 cards, how come I get exactly the card that I mulliganed back in round 2 and round 3

Goddammit, it's true. These fucking polacks.

There is minor rng involving certain cards. Like new GOD that you gamble against. Then random 1 pings from certain cards like the trebuchets in NR that could fuck up or set up an igni and so. Donar discarding a random bronze from the opponents deck. Again the rng in the game is really low though sometimes it could work in your favor.

the initial coin toss can make a world of difference

So what happened to Trump doing the gwent teachings? Did he give up on them? I was looking forward to watching them and the influx of new players it would bring that would mean free wins in casual.

The only shitty RNG in this game is the coin flip of who goes first or second

Otherwise it's minor stuff like "reveal one random card" which doesn't make too much a difference

fucking teenfag

It's because of how the mulligan system works. You're more likely to draw the cards you mulliganed because of how it is programmed, and it's on purpose. Whether or not it's a good thing is up for debate.

If you can gain 2 CA back in the next round then you should win it. Sometimes open passing into the 3rd round to only be down 1 card is fine too. Other times you might just have to lose on even cards. That's probably the worst option.

I like Joe snow

The coin toss is becoming a problem with high tempo decks and ciri. Shit is retarded you could ended up going minus 3 if you don't give up round 1 on equal cards.

You don't know? The cards you mulligan first are placed in the top half of your deck is succeeding order. For example if you mull in your opening hand first card A then B then C then (assuming you don't take it out of your deck or shuffle your deck in some way and draw cards naturally) you are going to draw first A then B then C.

The cards aren't shuffled in but placed in random order from the top of your deck, again, based on which ones you mulligan first.

That's wrong too.

I agree, not in the sense that they're OP but they kinda ruin the new player experience, it really depends on how CDPR wants to balance their game.
Yeah, that's IF they're still going through with the nerfs, just wondering what this follow up stream will entail and WHEN THE FUCKING PATCH WILL DROP.

What did he mean by this?

i.imgur.com/vnAmF4J.png

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SWAN

The nerf was too big, it makes silver weather better than gold weather

9 damage for 3 rows a turn is not really fair.

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT FOG!

you have to nerf silver weather if you make RNR deal 2 dmg, there's no way around that

CDPR doesn't balance or nerf cards base on the opinions of top meta players or what is OP in the high parts of the ladder. The nerf usually come to the cards that are oppresive to new players. weather last patch wasn't that much of a problem in the top part of the ladder but cdpr change it so it wasn't that oppresive for new players. Ihtline is a far broken card that will still see play after the nerf because is broken but Hunters got destroyed because most likely it was more common to a new player be fucked over by a huge ass hunter than to be fucked by the mos cancerus deck in the game.

But isn;'t what makes gold weather what it is is the fact that it affects the entire board? White Frost misses a row and Storm only does 1 which is easily countered by a row clear guy

I laugh out loud at people who say Tibor isn't viable in high mmr. I'm watching a 3500 mmr player face Tibor after Tibor after Tibor.

They should keep it at 2 for gold weathers but have it be on Units not Unit, meaning it can hit multiples if their points are equal like bronze weather.

Or something. 2 damage per row is a death sentence on cards already getting the axe the higher up the ladder you go, despite what the shitters here and on reddit would have you believe.

you speak as if RNR is guaranteed to deal 9 dmg whenever it's played, and it has no counters

gold cards have to be straight up better than silver scards (not true in NR, but hey), and RNR is extremely close to silver weather value doing 2 dmg

not to mention running silver weather instead of RNR lets you play another gold, so the opportunity cost of running RNR post patch is way too high to make it worth it

isn't the new RNR only hitting one target, regardless of where it is on the board?

Ah, I see. I've only played since the start of the OB.
Still, I wonder what this next stream will have in store, last stream they advertised with Drought and we saw it get nerfed and since this one is using Woodland Spirit I'm guessing they're not gonna go through with the buff they mentioned last stream for it?
I just want my 3200 scrap.

coin flip decides who goes first

28+ cards have RNG around 10 or so of these are actually used

the impact they can have can range from irrelevant to game deciding due to things like igni

games are rarely decided by RNG but it can have an impact in things like random spawns on weather

Ben Brode sent some people to his home.

arch griffins or drowners for wild hunt?

>mfw found the secret to near 100% wr in casual for ez daily wins grinding

(You)

why is this faggot getting buffed again?

because your mother is a whore

So in round 1, if they pass you with Ciri after winning the coin toss, you just instapass everytime?

Is Vattier any good even in reveal decks? I know Saskia is pretty good but I don't enjoy playing SC.

Literally nobody will run the gold weathers after the patch.

to make him as good as celaeno harpies

I agree with your post but even before new player (or alongside it) I think what they take to mind the most is single card huge power swings and they have gone out of their way time and time again to kill these.

Old weather, promote, QG, the regressing tag, old elves/Isengrim etc.

Unless somehow spell sco still exists

saskia is probably auto include in every ST deck

vattier is in every reveal deck i see , but reveal isn't exactly good

Vattier Doritos is okay, not truly mindblowing but not bad even in Reveal decks.

Saskia is the smarter pick tho

Spell ST doesn't even run them now you 3 digit mmr brainlet.

>play wyvern on 2 hp bear
>it doesn't do damage
what happened

Nope. It's often the game changing decision and I like to take risks. So even if I don't have my 2 CA cards in hand, I hope my thinning was enough to draw into at least one of them and go down 2 cards to win the round. You can't really evaluate what was the right decision until after the game ended.

tell us your secrets desu

If that were the case, Calveit tempo would have been destroyed, they leave huge tempo live far longer than oppressive cards. Saskia wasn't changed up until the release of Open Beta and she was sometimes a 30+ swim.

You have enough clear with hag and clear skies, go drowner

I have no doubt in my mind that Orders as a mechanic is going to get scraped, the writing is on the wall and every one is calling it shitters and "pros" alike. It's not good for the health of format long term and the design space is very limited.

First hot woodland dick and now ciri, good catch

Order could become a middle way between Crewman and Blue Stripes Commando.

When you play a Unit with tag (Command) you pull out from your Deck 1 unit with Tag (Order).

Just saying.

>You can't really evaluate what was the right decision until after the game ended.

so you gamble instead of making educated guesses?

Should I transmute calveit and hope I get 1600 scraps out of him or hope that I can just craft and transmute RNR after the patch hits?