/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

GIGA Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOfsikccYvw
youtube.com/watch?v=PmDf1O6yT0w
youtube.com/watch?v=XyYiR83JJjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for spengos forever ded and alive

cuckout memes

3rd for brawl exploits

has anybody made fliers yet

>5 fuel

so much for fun, this game is gonna be dead now.

Nigga I'm about to be rich.

Witnessed!

what is this button
>camo on
okay, now this is scary

.t Boris

i also just watched that video

So /egg/ would Oxygen Not Included count as engineering game? Pumping different gases, fluids and caring for temperature all together with managing electric setup?

for the millionth time, no, it's a colony management sim

Is more of a rimworld like.
Though making a cooling system that can cool something other than a single square meter is fun

Colony sim. The focus is on the people, not the egg.

Arright my bad. Cheers!

Seriously, why do you cucks play Crossout?

It's a shittier version of Robocuck, which is already shit, but also with even more ridiculous p2w grind.

Query: posting a particularly eggy creation within the game is kosher?

If the game isn't okay, why would things from the game be okay? The meme better pay off or u gonna ban

It's new.
Give it a week or two before the first people burn out, and a month before it's like whatever the last popular game was.
Was it Empyrion which was the hot shit back in February?

Your fuel is completely refilled daily, I took fuel barrels off all my builds because it was just piling up. They did this to help casual players keep up because the game just went public and already a third of the player base is flying around around with purples nuking people with a single blue.

>shittier
Both wrong and not possible. You don't understand how bad Robocucks gameplay, balance and physics were. The fact I can actually drive properly on wheels is fucking amazing compared to robocuck.
t. /rcg/
>even more ridiculous grind
This is the least grinding I've ever done in an F2P. By a fucking massive margin. FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT DAILY BONUS. What other fucking game does that?
>P2W
I have put $0 in yet have tons of currency. The market is amazingly simple to take advantage of.

Because, while the focus is on the inhabitants, some interesting and effective designs can be made, mostly in terms of optimization of resource usage and heat management.
Also, i don't see how crossout is /egg/, no moving parts, no inter-vehicle logistics, honestly it seems pretty weak on the engineering scale.

0.05$ were deposited to your account

I don't know how Crossout ended up here, but it at least has LEGO things.

perhaps we should add oxygen not included to "not egg" in OP?

>engineering
We are not having this argument again. Moving parts is not a measure of engineering, which is a ridiculously nebulous and worthless concept to judge anything by in the first place.

This general is nothing more than /svgg/+, or as I like to call it, Extended /svgg/. It exists solely for /svgg/ games and games with similar concepts.

Crossout does have thrusters and some rad kinetic interaction potential.

If it's constantly being asked about then yea for sure.

they are reeeeeeeeeing in global chat right now

this population is autism

>We are not having this argument again
I must have been busy busting a nut on my Asuka (best girl btw, Rei a shitty flat doll) body pillow at that time because i don't remember it.

K then.

abortion?

>shittier version of Robocuck
which robocuck are you comparing it to? certainly not the current version

>engineering is moving parts
>>>/out
stop memeing

So... I want to try Crossout for the first time. How to not get fucked on starting currency and what I have to know?

>why is no one playing Robocuck with me

do not open DIY crates
look for crossoutdb link in thread for market analysis

Remember kids:
No clang means no egg!

Gotcha, thanks.

it may be my autism, but I feel like it's constantly brought up

crosscucks

So that means no Factorio?

clang is in your head if you marathon bobangel's

Hehe. I TRAIN U

is stellar overload /egg/

youtube.com/watch?v=wOfsikccYvw

>Your fuel is completely refilled daily, I took fuel barrels off all my builds because it was just piling up.
Take a look at fuel prices right now.
Try not to cry.

>we burnt all our fuel with shit pubs like these
>now need to 8 normal rounds to do one raid just to lose to shit pubs again

mediocre

that eurobeat at the end

Someone share upgrade planner and RSO for factorio .15.

forgot my post

67 hours in this shit and still no logic boards

>finally hit lvl 17 in cuckout and make a leviathan
>fuel changes hit around the same time I set the leviathan free to fight
>0 wins 0 losses
>now that fuels super hard to get nobodys wasting it on leviathan fights

but you can't lose if they won't play
your invincible!

The price will drop again. Have faith in free market principles.

>dev gets asked about having a goddamn speedometer in the game on the HUD

>"Speaking about speedometer - we've already received dozens of suggestions to implement it :) We do not see any urgent need in it"

Woah, This is pretty neato.

Meanwhile on the forgotten games

[remove youkai intensifies]

>chat full of spam about fuel changes
>queue my game
>stuck playing with Brazilians and bots
what's the opposite of valhalla? cuz that's what this feels like

inb4 daily bonus is also reset

Helheim

I think it's getting more forgotten as the error checking code being added to the game makes shit worse.

How to not suck at factorio?

see: they really do not give a fuck
let us not forget the queer at forums getting btfo by crossout devs

Surely you're not actually using marathon as well?

HOL UP
what happened to scrap prices

>brainlet
scrap prices dropped down since the scrap limit got reset. It'll go up again once people have capped it again

Why are people so fucking horrible at paying attention here
All you have to do is fucking read

they were getting back up yesterday, didnt expect them to drop even lower

night's on fire
you better better stay
you better better begin to pray today

Who eurobeat-while-playing-crossout here?

I NEED YOUR LOVE

fine taste
youtube.com/watch?v=PmDf1O6yT0w

I'm running out of ore in my base. Mining bases or total anschluss?

Empyrion:
>park your CV next to POI
>wait until turrets are destroyed by auto-attack
>get in and loot stuff
>repeat
>no real space battles
>simulation and gameplay in general is really bad

Spengies:
>no game yet, just the engine

wtf should I play?

>supply drop
what did he mean by this

Anschluss would imply that you're incorporating the ayy into your realm.
Let's be honest here; there's only room for one animal on that planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyYiR83JJjM

something else

I build an automated supply train that delivers ammo, bots, oil, walls, replacement turrets and other shit to all my walls (and then carries extra stuff like wood back to base so it doesn't clog up the chests at the drop) so I don't have to extend my logistic network to god knows where.

Supposedly the Exploration Expansion Mod(sic) adds an actual game to Spergies with factions and trading and shit, but I haven't heard of it in some time so it may be permabroken.

Forgot to add, also automatically turns off drops that have all they need, so the train only travels to where it's needed. Next thing I might add to it is some kind of minimum stock before train gets sent off, currently it goes to replenish even if 1 ammo got drained from a drop and it's a bit of a waste.

I was gunning for the no laser turrets cheevo in this game so it's all ammo and flame only

Fuck man your factory is aesthetic as fuck.

yeah I've tried it. It's not that great, and mods get broken every other update.

Pax Romana

they're going to drop even more, not everyone has already farmed 2800.

Oy!!!

remove ayy

I didn't know Starmade was free. It's kinda fun so far desu.

>Veeky Forums clank meme

vatnik tried to say dank

they did fix it recently
(april)

I still can't get my head around the building. Ususally what you'd do is put down a skeleton first, but the core shit means you need to start with the cockpit/engine room whatever and then build a ship around that

I usually build ships this way anyway, never got far with the skeletonal approach (or the out-inward approach).
Did they redo the thingies in skubmade yet? I don't really wanna start if they are gonna fuck shit up soon

Ya I'm piloting my mining vessel from the floor currently lol. Idk what the proper workarounds for this are, but I'll figure it out. It's not gonna be too hard to build a ship around the "cockpit" core.

:^)

The greatest amount of autism yet witnessed by man.

Ended up buying a key for Planet Nomads.
I seriously can't imagine why anyone would buy this for 30 and not ask for a refund, I was expecting nothing and I still feel scammed after paying it just 10€.
Let's point out the most blatant flaws which make the game fucking shit.
First and foremost, there is no way to change the fov of first person, which is probably set to 10 degrees. It's that bad. You can use third person to make it a little less shit.
Second, it runs like fucking shit. My potato can run spengies on medium and get 30 fps on planets, but this stutters on anything other than the bare minimum which looks pretty fucking bad.

As for the other complaints, mainly at the moment there's close to no engineering, but I've seen that there are rotors and hinges which I haven't yet tried.
Pretty dumbed down suspensions (there are three values of stiffness) and wheels (setting for power, direction and steering), but vehicles don't feel like real vehicles like in spengies, they almost never roll over or drift or lose grip even climbing very steep surfaces (which is a pro only for physicians).
Also batteries and generators just produce power without any input even in survival.
The UI is atrocious.
There is no MP, which for some might be an instant no-buy.

On the bright side, the planet is better than spengies mess of jagged edges.
There are some npc fauna but it's pretty dumb AI.

Overall I'd say it's a 3/10 at the moment, I expected at least a 5 considered that they had all the time in closed beta and given the fact that there have been many requests to insert the fov slider, for now I would not advise anyone buying it.

>buying when you can pirate
>especially with early access
WHY

if he caught the refund window it might've been faster to just buy => get monies back

eww, thanks for the warning
just 1 nitpick:
> like in spengies
in spengies they don't feel real but at least there's the dorifto

Because it's 10 bucks user, and you'd have to keep on pirating each time a new version comes out.
Just don't get it, it's not even worth pirating desu.

Keys don't get refund.
I'll agree on spengies not being real, but I don't know how to explain it better. Like, it's not all that different from being on foot, that thing will just go up on the steepest hills with no worries and it won't roll unless you jump downhill.
I guess I can try to push it to see just how bad it is, maybe making a mobile tower.