Would you spend $2.5k on fixing a cars body?

Would you spend $2.5k on fixing a cars body?

Repaint
Clean up surface rust spots

Is it really worth it if its a car from early 2000s ?

If I plan to keep the car for at least 3 to 5 years, sure.

>spend 2.5k on paint
>get hit by some fucktard
>total loss because it's old
>paint added 0 value so I'm upside down 2.5k
Yeah, no.

Not worth unless you plan on keeping it as a collectable. Shopping carts are attracted to fresh paint.

Like those above stated, if you plan on keeping the car for a while, otherwise no.

False. My car is faded and has minimal clear coat and I came out to a cart parked against my driver door.

The factory baked on paint with imperfections is probably a whole lot better than a shitty 2.5k respray.

For less than half of that, my local bodyshop will fix any dents, filler any chips, and then repaint affected areas to match.
It's first on my list of things after a new baiku and a new laptop.

The previous owner had my car resprayed and they did a really shitty job, parts of the paint are starting to peel off around certain edges.

what car?

2001 Hyundai Accent

>piece of shit old hyundai
hell no, you'd be financially retarded to get it resprayed. a $2.5k paint job is likely double the value of the car

Fug that blue is gorgeous. I really need to get myself a 10th anniversary Miata.

>Repainting a Hyundai Accent

You'd be better off spraying it with a rattle can, it's the only paint suitable for that rolling korean bbq

Someone sideswiped my car, her insurance payed me $1,600. I paid $1,700 for my Windows 2000 Firebird. I just put a bra on it to cover the damage and called it a day.

>Is it really worth it if its a car from early 2000s ?
depends on the car

>Hyundai
lol no

Just embrace the spray paint look.

It's fun.

This, you could also go full shitbox and rust it.

This, desu.

I wouldn’t even bother repainting the whole car, just repairing the rust spots and painting those, it will look blotchy. You coild also just go for the 2 tone look

Thats a shitty wrap though.

sell it and get a honda civic or bmw

>>Is it really worth it if its a car from early 2000s ?

Aren't we still in the early 2000s? The 3000s won't begin until several centuries from now.

I have 88 325i I spent 5grand on getting it back in shape.

>rolling korean bbq

>Is it really worth it if its a car from early 2000s ?
No. Sell it and put the money from that AND the 2.5k into buying a better car.
noob

If it was a car I really liked, yes.

00s Hyundais moght be worth something one day, right?

their weight in scrap metal

with how their factory paint holds up, there won't be much metal left.

Sad but extremely true...

Still haven't gotten my rear quarter panel repaired from sime bitch who Hit and Run my car.

About as much as a Chevette

user, plastidip cans to cover a compact car should only be $200 or so, and it's self leveling.

It'll look multitudes better if you get the special HVLP sprayer and gallons rather than aerosol. Costs about the same too.

This.

The factory bakes the entire car, without engine or electronics, in a giant oven to help help the paint chemically bond.

You CANNOT do this with an already-made car. No aftermarket paint job will be as good as factory. Unless the car is a restored collectible, it is almost never worth it to repaint a car.

>factory paint
>with imperfections
>Hyundai

You got that right

>he didn't cover his head

Why don't you just buy a car that isn't shit?

Because OP loves his shitbox I guess

not if you plan on selling the car but if you plan on keeping it then you why not it protects from rust and looks nice(also keeps me employed)