/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Landscape Photography edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/QWNvr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I forgot how bitching the Typhlo ruins are, but is there a way to keep the torches lit after you go into the shrine?

Unlikely. These aren't the special blue flame torches. It would be interesting to see someone get blue flames to places where it isn't designed for it.

I wish you could get special results by using a blue flame to light a cooking pit.

F
I
S
H

>My son, let me tell you the story of this Hylian your sister wanted to bone
>again

>Marry doting fish wife.
>Move into scenic cabin on the dam.
>Raise dozens of happy children.
>Play with grandchildren.
>Always swimming with them happily.
>Wake up wet in a tank.
>It was just a dream.
>She died long ago.
>Everyone you loved is gone.
Amnesia is a gift.

>Raise dozens of happy children.
Are Hylian/Zora children even possible?

>Kass, let me sing you the song of the hero my waifu is in love with
>again

It would follow Disney hybrid rules.

Why don't you find out?

Half pure humans, half pure fish?

The cuck meme makes this song a bit silly in retrospect but when I first heard all of Kass's speech it made me feel like shit

>fishlady will never help you cum over the eggs she just laid

I'm feeling extremely fuzzy right now.

Zora are only half fish to begin with.

So then a Hylian and a Zora would be 3/4ths Hylian and 1/4ths Zora.

Don't worry there are probably a bunch of bastard fish orphans from all the hot fish sex link had

Nope.

What would this game even entail other than this dress up fantasy? On top of that it's hard to see a Gerudo as an under dog considering how physically imposing they are. A Gerudo fighting a Lynel is epic but not as epic as the shorter weaker looking Link doing the same

Is the royal guard broadsword behind the bomb-wall the only one in the castle? I've never found another

I want to be bullied by a Gerudo woman.

If they can make a game for Tingle, they can make a game for anyone.

>Nintendo laying the seeds for a female Link

Do Gerudo now make sure to kill the male born every hundred years?

No mention of killing. They just say they don't know of any males and don't know when to expect one.

>Gerudo males
>not a myth created by a young Koume and Kotake after meeting a particularly strong demon
>no males before Ganondorf ever mentioned and no males after ever seen

Since Ganondorf keeps reincarnating it's possible male gerudos simply don't exist anymore. Which would explain the green eyes and more wide range of hair color/skin tone of BotW gerudos.

If I had realized Malena would vanish forever, I would have tried to follow her home.

Uh, guys? Should we stop supporting this Nazi franchise?

Nein

so your screenshots all have a mysterious metal box in them, blocking view of Link?
>all dishes containing bananas heal for twice as much
it is weird they keep doing that given that it gives them away and gives you a chance to shoot them in the face.

oh fuuuck is that possible? the map transition would probably put out your torch but if you could hack it in....
i think it's a shame there was no red and blue candle in this game

technically we have no proof ganondrov has ever really reincarnated. We've only seen him in a human body four times and nothing indicates that isn't the same body. Like even if it was destroyed, it seems like it was brought back.. rather than him being reborn as a new baby with the old memories coming in eventually

fuck, she left?

But it promotes racemixing

Once her quest is done, she never shows up again.

Why? She clearly wanted to get her husband cured and get down to making that vehvi

>everything in this game is pretty

Of course. Though the lighting when the sun sets and rises and generally around twilight hours is especially nice.

I brought blue flame from east Akkala stable to Tarrey Town, Hudson won't comment about it there. So have to talk to him with torch in Hateno before he leaves to see what he says about it. Also to adult npcs should talk twice with torch in Hateno because different dialog, children only have one. You can also get a 3rd free bird egg from that one girl npc by showing her blue flame.

That's where she goes to. Wherever he is, that is where she went to.

>second dialogue
>more free bird egg
holy shit i've talked to them but i didnt know that

I think the interesting question is whether random torches out in the world can be permanently lit.

i think unless they're covered, the answer's no
that said, even the one by the akkala stable doesnt stay lit, there's a little repeatable quest to re-light it within a short time.. there's this huge wind-up for it, implying you'd use your horse.. and there's another torch RIGHT THERE to use that IS perma-lit

>be sheikah bard
>in love with the princess
>get pissed because some she loves some mute peasant with a magic stick rather than you
>calamity strikes, you escape and watch as peasant dies protecting the princess and her powers activating to save him
>decide to write a song about it because... I'm not really sure I guess I want him to know how much my waifu loves him

I wonder if this cuck married Impa because Paya is suspiciously similar

Paya has just been sheltered all her life and then the hunkiest man alive presents himself at her doorstop so I don't think it's quite the same as gradually falling in love with your student

Except she's dead and the endgame pair is two aryan Hylians

And necrophilia.

the lighting effects are the exact reason you ought to have a lantern and there should be more areas like the lost woods and typhlo ruins

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Daily reminder. Gerudo Zelda is the best Zelda.

She came by a while back looking for you. She wanted to fuck. When you didn't show up, she decided she hates you now and that you can never touch her ever.

Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.

But what about her tits?

>mfw I was banned

The 10,000 years ago tapestry shows a Gerudo male facing the Calamity which makes me believe the story was left behind by Ganon sympathizers to fool the future heros into uncovering the weapons Ganon needed to destroy everything.

You're reading too much into it goy.

>zerudo
hot. would like to see with hair cut straight across at shoulder level.

Please go back to /pol/ and don't return here again.

but why would they.. if they were trying to fool... no, no, nothing about your idea makes sense

that's not going to stop me

>ywn have your own paya to cuddle with

it is really painful knowing girls like this exist but they're either unaware of fellas like us guys or just too cripplingly terrified to give us a shot, especially knowing how thirsty we are and what kind of behavior that tends to motivate.. which again, is their fault. someone has to break the cycle and it sure as fuck can't be us, because we're willing, and it hasn't happened.

i mean mathematically there have to be as many single ladies as dudes, unless massive polygamy is going on, right?

Whoa baby, there's aurora.

Fucking where?!?

In Hebra

>tfw no Gerudo gf

>tfw all I can get is a virtual gf

wait so like

in what place of the timeline does this game take place?

am confused

Does that matter at all?

The timeline was a bad idea.

It happens at the end.

the end. would have thought that was kind of obvious.
the DISTANT end.

roughly six months after MM.

>Tfw I want to write an erotic story that takes place in BotW's world setting
Inspiration comes from unexpected places.

I'd read it

A reminder that Ganon is not dead.
He was sealed away, ala Ocarina of Time by one sage;- Zelda.

Feels nice to have my trusty Hylian shield back again after a new game. Didn't even use the Zelda amiibo. More fun infiltrating the castle.

It sure looked like a sealing. all the malice kinda looked like it got sucked into an invisible hole in space

You know, they kinda gloss over the fact that Link isn't the only one who has a Sheikah slate. You don't see them using it, but both Purah and her assistant mention having their own Sheikah slates that they test new runes on.

That seems like an important detail, given how powerful a Sheikah slate is. I mean Link's slate is obviously special because it was Zelda's originally, but Purah installed a damn age reversal beam on hers, who knows what else these slates are capable of.

Plus it really bothers me that Purah says she's constantly developing new Sheikah slate runes, but all she can do for Link is restore and slightly upgrade the ones it had 100 years ago.

She's got an iSlate dev license but isn't sharing her sweet new apps.

>Zelda amiibo
twas just a rumor, probably based on confusion over the royal shield. that's the only place in the game you can get it, except a guy who'll sell you a replacement if it breaks
i'm lucky enough to have a +21 one, so the duplication glitch is... just great
yeah maybe new abilities for DLC?
it's always cool when something destroys a civilization if some people are still working on figuring out how the shit works.

Pretty sure the BotW Zelda amiibo has a small chance to drop the Hylian shield, albeit only once.

Yeah. I just noticed that today myself.
And interestingly enough, I have 130 hours into the game and have already beaten the game. And didn't notice until now.
I just stared up into the sky in wonder. It looks good.

Breath of the Wild is a beautiful game.

inb4 he was actually dumped in another realm, causes a bit of bother and we get TP 2: Electric Boogaloo down the line and fight an invasion of possessed malice infected Twili beasts.

I've been holding off on going to Hyrule castle all this time because I don't want to fight Ganon yet. But apparently you get the Hylian shield there. Is there a way to go get it without triggering the fight with Ganon?

imgur.com/a/QWNvr would disagree, but it could be wrong

Yes.

It's in a lower part of castle, with the Ganon fight being near the top. You can run in, grab the shield, and leave. There's also a shrine in the castle.

>portal appears in the sky
>ganon's severed head falls out
>crumpled note pinned to him
>"stop throwing your garbage into our dimension"

not just the shield but the entire royal guard series of equipment, including another shield. better get those inventory slots. the shield ones are cheap, momentai.
there's a quest involving those, plus a quest involving finding recipes
plus there's diaries and shit to read
beyond that it's just kind of.. explore, have fun. save the final boss til the end, you WILL see it coming

Thank you, anons. Looks like i'm going on a sneaking mission later tonight.

Well I could be wrong too. Doesn't help when you see conflicting info around. Same with some upgrade requirements. Apparently the guides got that wrong too and had me worried.

yeah i think what happened there is the upgrade requirements were different prior to an update to the game, but there's no confirmation of that online because very few people blew through the game so quickly that they actually got that far with the upgrades (especially the ones involving star bits, you cannot brute force collecting those. it might have been almost impossible to collect enough to get that upgrade in before the update came through)

>Apparently the guides got that wrong

Yup. There's a bunch of item requirements that appear to have been toned down right before release.

The guide also says you need to upgrade the Dark Link set to get its set bonus, lists upgrade possibilities for the Akkala Ancient weapons (those can't be given with bonuses, right?), and says the Twilight Bow's arrows are 100 Atk like the Bow of Light.

Otherwise, it's a solid guide.

I know that there are lots of fans who are frustrated at BotW for timeline reasons what with it not quite making all that much sense.
But personally I consider it to be one of the things BotW did the best. It more or less distanced itself from prior timeline crap, while still incorporating things from all the prior games. Made them legends, and obfuscated the details. And that's absolutely perfect. It's really having the cake and eating it too. It's splendid.

The timeline outside of direct sequels was in large part nothing but an afterthought and a huge ugly mess either way. But now the games are no longer tied down by all that mess, but they can still benefit from all the benefits they would have been able to provided the timeline was actually good. I love it.

>the Dark Link set
It's not possible to upgrade it at all is it?
I don't really care that much. But isn't an objectively inferior Sheikah set disregarding its looks?

No, you can't upgrade it. It just grants its perk on its own like the Gerudo vai set.

It may be inferior, but you can run around scaring people with it, and pair it with Royal Guard stuff for maximum edge.

Also, can you repair Daruk's weapon like the other champion gear? It's the only champion item the guide doesn't say that can be repaired.