Roth IRA

What company should I use for a Roth IRA and what should I put in it?

I'm with Ameriprise. not recommending it or advising you stay away from it. I started with a $2k principle

I like Schwab

i use vanguard

Schwab, Vanguard, and Fidelity are all fine. I think Schwab has the lowest fees right now.

Only Vanguard for me. Don't like Ameriprise...Sorry.

I started a fidelity roth but I have not put any money in it.

>using a company for a Roth IRA

>Roth IRA
Ultimtage wagie cope.

merrill lynch if you bank with bank of america

Schwab.

ultimtage

Wealthsimple

Fidelity, always.

>Boa
Lost
Easily worst bank

Is TD Ameritrade any good for IRAs? I know they have one, but I'm not sure how they compare to things like Vanguard or Fidelity.

Can someone confirm/deny that I can't open a roth IRA if I am currently unemployed?

Its not really going to help you avoid paying taxes if you don't have taxable income and the risk of early withdraw fees outweigh any interest you might have gotten it if you don't have any job prospects and might need it back.

You can probably open one. You just can't contribute to it. Putting money into any type of IRA requires that you have at least that much earned income at some point during the year. So if you're going to be working later in the year the broker might let it slide. But if you make it to the end of December without earning that much then the IRS will get pissy when they get the report on your account from your broker. A pissy IRS is not fun to deal with.

You have to have reportable income equal to or higher than your deposits. So if you're not making money either through 1099 or w2 reportable income, you might get flagged for audit if you try to contribute to a Roth IRA.

Charles Schwab

I took my Roth and invested evenly in low cost SWISX SWTSX SWLBX

I have an IRA with TD. It's fine. I like to interface. I have it because I already had a brokerage account.