Do any of you guys have an aftermarket car stereo? Are there any good android examples out there or are they all junk?

Do any of you guys have an aftermarket car stereo? Are there any good android examples out there or are they all junk?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Panlelo-PA09YZ32-Android-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B01NAU5ZRB/ref=sr_1_7_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1506196164&sr=8-7-spons&keywords=Atoto M4171 android car stereos&psc=1
dynavin.com/products/n6_e46.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was thinking of getting this exact unit, I was unsure if it looks cheap in person or not and it's not exactly cheap.

Why would you willingly install a touch-screen?

This

Look up Joying or Google "octo-core Android head unit"
But I have to ask, why one of those over an Android Auto unit from Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC?
They're not all strictly touch-screen though, some have rotary knobs to control the selection in the menus

Android Auto is half baked. Apple carplay is superior. But miracast is better than both. But you can't do it wirelessly to my knowledge so it's all just bull shit.

Because my headunit at the minute is antique, ie it has a damn tape player. I like the nav which came on some E46's and this eonon unit is almost identical.

I was looking at this the other day.

amazon.co.uk/Panlelo-PA09YZ32-Android-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B01NAU5ZRB/ref=sr_1_7_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1506196164&sr=8-7-spons&keywords=Atoto M4171 android car stereos&psc=1

Looks kinda basic, but it comes with a rear view camera you can install and is probably the cheapest around.

That said, it's pretty impressive that something like this even exists today. Cars don't have din slots anymore.

Funny, reviews say CarPlay is half-baked with Android Auto seeming superior

Search Xtrons on Amazon

Right now, the *only* new aftermarket HU under $500 that I would even consider buying is the Pioneer DEH-80PRS.

Almost to a unit, under that amount of money, a stock stereo is going to perform better.

9 times out of ten they're junk. Just spend the extra $100-$200 and get an a talk Android Auto head unit

Carplay is hot shit dude
>B-but muh wireless!
Fucking poi Tess when it kills your battery

>miracast better than both
I'm laughing

I've seen plenty of videos on the Xtrons and the Joyings and they work ok except for Wi-Fi from what I understand, especially the octo-core ones running at least Marshmallow

I put aftermarket units in all my cars. They have better sound quality and GPS and Sirus XM can be useful in long trips. If you can get past the fact that they look like shit, they can be pretty nice

keep the oem one. it's perfectly adequate. a tape to aux adapter is perfectly fine.

or you could get one of these.

dynavin.com/products/n6_e46.php

Dynavin is shit, it's the same chinkshit like Joyings and Xtrons and paleleloe or whatever the fuck

They're all made by the same people and slapped different brands

Put a sony xplod headunit in my car when I was a youngin. replaced all stock speakers, added 2 6x9s in boxes powered by a 4 channel amp, and a 10" sub powered by the amp with two channels bridged. Higher quality brand stuff would have been nicer, but it got the job done. I just wanted something loud with some bass where I could plug in my ipod.
Put a system in my truck, all alpine, single din HU, replaced the 4 speakers, added a sub under the back seat (extended cab). Sounds good. Not as loud without the extra 6x9s though
Can't really help with the android shit. Touchscreens are garbage on stereos I think. My alpine HU came with a small usb drive to plug into the HU to play music off of. I usually use my ipod.

What kind of car do you have? If you want to play your ipod in your car, then I would really recommend just a cassette adapter and spending the money on new speakers instead.

>All these people recommending cassette adapters
Is there a secret to having them not sound like garbage? Ive tried somewhat expensive stuff and 5 dollar walmart shit, and they all hit a point at which it sounds bad. Cleaning the connector makes no difference.

>some have rotary knobs
The way that distracted driving laws are starting to evolve, you don't want to be using more than one finger to control anything in the future. OEM units have some legal protections you don't get with 3rd party units if you get accused of distracted driving. My state now has the one finger rule where anything more than one finger either needed or used means a distracted driving charge.

Right now, they still need to pull you over in order to give you a ticket. But there is talk in the state congress about amending the law to allow camera evidence. So that means if the cam catches you using a digital device on the road with more than one finger, a citation can be sent to you and your insurance company will be notified as well (the law actually says the insurance company is to be notified). Now, that can snowball if the driver doesn't have insurance for that car. If the state tries to notify the insurance company and fails because you are uninsured for that car, that mean another citation for driving without insurance. Anyways, they are still arguing the law change.

they sound fine. i removed some of the gears out of mine so it makes less noise but the audio signal is fine. i just got a cheap rca one from amazon.

That looks like a single DIN head unit. I wouldn't rip out the HVAC to get a touchscreen.

Look up Continental automotive or Kienzle for head units. I'm not sure if Continental is a good color match but it's close.

That unit looks like shit, I'd rather get a Kienzle or something similar.

The RCA one works pretty well, not amazing but decent. I had to remove a gear because the auto reverse mechanism kept tripping and causing it to eject.

clean your deck heads

huh, I had no trouble with my cassette adapters. Pretty sure I got mine at the wall of mart and they ran about 4.88, so.
Only reason I replaced my headunit was because cassette player broke. Unrelated to the adapter, though I think.

Nice thread.

Anyone know a good Android Double Din Stereo with backup camera options built in?

Going to slam my car in the near future so I'll need that.

I researched them like a week or two ago but can't remember which one throws it in, check Amazon

Keep the stock radio. You don't need a backup cam

But if I'm going to lower my car I don't want to ruin my front or rear bumper.

They're not needed, but fuck me if they don't make backing up a lot easier, quicker and safer - especially when you have a tall vehicle where you have a "tall" blindspot behind the vehicle

The stock radio is shit, let him get what he wants you fucking negative Nancy

The Eonon units (and most of the others from that part of the world, since they use the same component parts and get rebranded) are hit and miss depending on the car they're built for, with different issues surfacing on each.

I bought one about three years back for a 2007 Vauxhall/Opel Astra and it was a pile of shite, with bad fitment, poor colour-matching to the rest of my dash, and (once fitted) component failures requiring replacement parts to be sent from the manufacturer - in the end (when I lost patience with it and took it out when trading the car in) the only part that hadn't been replaced was the casing.

The ones that appeared for BMWs seem to have a better OEM appearance and fitment though, but they all use the same internal components so you're still rolling the dice with longevity - it might work for years or it might last a few weeks.

don't lower your car either. keep it stock.

You could always get one of those mirrors with the built in reverse camera