"user will you buy me a big SUV? Diane's husband from down the street bought her one and I want one too!

"user will you buy me a big SUV? Diane's husband from down the street bought her one and I want one too!

Who cares if it's over $60,000? I want one!"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who the fuck are you?

Who the fuck are you? Get out of my house.

A Tahoe ain't that bad user. Just be glad she didn't want a crossover

Bitch dont make me exercise my right to backhand you.

Your hypothetical situation doesn't apply because I'd never marry someone like that.

Yo I was thinking the same thing. It just has to be under my name and only I can drive it lol, or become a pro at driving

Literally my mom. I remember 3 years back when my badge-whore mom telling my dad "Christina's husband just bought her a big BMW truck. We must get one too and soon!." Dad ended up selling her 2007 Outback and got her a slightly used BMW X3. Poor him still drives a 2004 Lexus ES.

My wife drives an SUV. We did need a 4wd, room for 4 humans and 2 dogs, gear, that could also tow. Her used land cruiser does all that which means my car can be dedicated to fun.

There's a reason "keeping up with the Jones" is such a cliched slogan - it really does affect a lot of people.

Materialism runs rampant in the first world, and it's part of the reason that cars and technology have gone to shit.
Companies ran out of things to add to cars, so they started filling them bullshit like infotainment systems and touch screens, all so some basic bitch named Karyn (with a Y because her mother was a basic bitch, too, and she's too special for traditional spelling) can brag to her neighbors about the shiny new toy her husband bought her so she would shut the fuck up.

Jesus, that must've been a hard of a lady for your dad to handle. How was she as a parent? Your dad on the other hand seemed like a reasonable man.

Your dad must live an everyday hell.

Tahoes are a mistake.

If you're committed to the truck frame full size SUV life, there are three choices, the long wheelbase GMs (Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade ESV), a Land Cruiser (or it's Lexus reskin), and regret.

I sold cars for a few years, nearly everyone who bought a Tahoe eventually traded it for a Suburban, almost no one who bought a Suburban traded down unless they were abandoning the ladder frame life style.

Large SUVs are today's soccer mom minivans, with even more blind spots and land-yacht turning radiuses.

You bitch and whine about crossovers taking over all you want. If that gets these people to drive smaller cars and gets me to dodge less of them, I'll be all for it.

Babe, if you want to drive the Suburban, I can start driving your car to work instead, you've got a shorter commute than I do anyways, but we're not buying another car

>cars and technology have gone to shit
what rock are you living under.State of the art technology in virtually any form from 10, let alone 20 years ago is like a sundial today.

I see the appeal of a cheap, light, rwd, manual car as much as the next guy on Veeky Forums but from an objective, non carguy viewpoint cars are only getting better. Better fuel efficiency, better saftey,
>so they started filling them bullshit like infotainment systems and touch screens
yeah. having a touch screen satellite guided navigation system, or a push button I can tell the car to change to any of 200+ radio channels beamed into my car from a different satellite in my 20k car. cars and technology are really going to shit

is the macan big enough?

>hmmmm, I'll think about it hunny....have you given any more thought to meeting that man from craigslist? Jamal is exactly what were looking for

Wouldn't date a woman with that kind of mindset.

>Babe we can get one of these instead. They're very cool an you don't need a big car, if your friend would let you drive her SUV you'd realise it's very dangerous and hard to drive as it is so big and the visibility is bad. Also this is foreign and how many of your friends can say they drive a foreign?

Diane needs a big car because she's a shit driver who knows she'll crash and swallows up the safety rating without account for greatly increased rollover risk. You're not a shit driver like Diane, are you?

Honey, how about I purchase you a nice Honda?

How about you fuck off and quit being such a basic cunt?

>drive a foreign
Fucking niggers

buying new cars is a meme.

Just buy the stupid broad one of these and watch the neighborhood's one-upmanship spiral out of control.

Babe, we both work. I pay the mortgage, and our utilities, and our monthlies. And I still have money for my cars. You're literally only responsible for groceries; if you don't have the money to buy yourself a shitty new SUV to signalto the neighbors that you're a vapid child with no taste and even less financial sense, then no, I will not buy you a large SUV. What I can get you is a shock collar, like Dave got for his wife; that way you'll never have to worry about what you drive.

You'll keep driving the 87 Ranger you're driving now and like it.

Wait, do really people like this exist? Man, normies are such alien creatures.

No.

>Hun-Bun, I respect your life choices.
>SUV's cost lots of monies.
>I respect your strong independent womanhood.
> If you want this , get down to the Union 76 Truck stop and work for it.

There should be an Veeky Forums version of this. Women are singlehandedly responsible for the mass adoption of automatics and unnecessarily large vehicles.

My other half can afford whatever tf she wants so

both STEM majors so aint shit.

kekd

>Women are singlehandedly responsible for the mass adoption of automatics
Eh, maybe, I mean, Automatic transmissions were first invented to assist women and cripples, but they would have been invented for heavy equipment eventually, and they are taking over because they are better for bench racing purposes, not simply due to women.
>and unnecessarily large vehicles.
No, lots of dudes love oversize shit. They might be part of the reason for the death of small vehicles, but you can't blame them for big vehicles.

So I'd say you're half right.

Call it an import not a foreign. Foreign generally has negative mental connotations while import has positive.

Chad has a lifted brotruck not because he wants to assert his dominance, but to show Stacey that he's an alpha who will keep her and her chilluns safe.

Honey, I've been cheating on you. We should divorce.

This.
But majority of the retarded autists of Veeky Forums might out of desperation so this thread is very important for the future of the virgin part of the community.

This big enough for you? I bet Diane can't withstand small arms fire in her SUV!

>humvee
>withstanding small arms fire
lmao

>Who cares if it's over $60,000? I want one!"

See this related "I want SUV" story:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818

>he thinks humvees are bullet proof or even just resistant
>laughingdeadamericansoldiers.jpg

okay
>proceeds to buy a second hand amg e63 wagon

>american "women"

I'm glad mine is fan of the A-class. Even though it's overprices it's still way more reasonable than a shitty SUV.

She was a bitchy lady to be honest. She was a master of gossiping(constantly spoke crap about her friends and neighbors) and all I could remember of my dad is that face he makes when you just can't do anything about, like this -_-. But even through all of this he still loved her and he was not at all a scary cat husband like you would think. He was reasonable but she always threatened him with divorce every time he would say no to things she wanted. But she never did go and filed a divorce when he denied her irrational wants. It was a complicated relationship and I don't even understand what exactly their relationship was. When it came to parenting, she never cared for me that much except she made food for us. With everything I complained about her, she'd put out the usual statement back "I make food for you and this is how you treat me." I just STFU, say "okay" and go away because I can't do anything about that. I'd say that dad was liberal by a lot and he forgot to correct her at the times she needed a correction. To be honest, even I lacked a basic son-to-dad connection with dad as well because he was always working hard for us and I never got to spend time with him. I dreamed of having to go to fishing or camping with him like the usual son-dad bonding moments but that was all a dream. She's the reason I left parents at 17 and went far away. Now I'm doing just fine paying for my own courses and doing a job on the side. I wish I become a better parent to my kids than they were to me.

And I'm sorry if this seemed like a rant. I couldn't hold it all in. IGNORE!

Wow good luck.

>marrying a woman like that

that's a future you choose

tfwnogf feel is a good one when it comes to this. never gotta deal w this shit anymore

So I'll share my story with my new gf here
>Recently started dating qt girl
>her dad is mechanic
>I am training to be mechanic
>first date went great, 2 hours of solid conversation
>we have tons in common
>she is kind of tomboy, likes video games, anime, etc, but still hot af
>Yesterday she tells me she's going to buy a new car
>Needs to be less than 20k, wants new only
>She wants a nissan versa
>Tell her nissans are shit she should get a mazda 3
>We've only been dating less than a week
>Mfw she actually listens to me and buys a mazda 3

Should I plan on marrying her?

"I'm ok with that. In fact, lets the longer version."

forgot picture

You know what must be done.

>Should I plan on marrying her?
have you not already bought the ring you fool?

>implying I'll ever have a girlfriend or a wife
Joke's on you

Wow, so you told her to get another shit box. Both of u are match made in heaven. I can see bunch of 3k civics in future

I dated one through parts of high school and college, that was enough. Thotties, man.

L U C K Y B A S T A R D
hows dad?

step it up user

i dont even feel bad for him, thats case of bad parenting

She was set on buying brand new car under 20k. Please tell me what new car is better than the mazda 3 in that price range?

Haven't met him yet, her parents are divorced. Probably will meet him sometime next week though.

"Driving foreigns" is the rapper colloquial, gotta speak to your audience.

New civic 1.5t. Better power, chassis.

C V T

V

T

All cunts are the same, user. Unless you were planning to marry a man, in all likelihood whoever you marry will be EXACTLY like that.

>Veeky Forums
>not /r9k/ with a mild car theme

They have stick shift also.

I'll concede that stick shift civic is a better choice but she doesn't know how to drive stick. I'll probably eventually teach her on my car but there was really no way I would've been able to convince her to buy a manual. The Mazda 3 is one of the few economy cars that still has a traditional auto.

t. Virgin

My girl knows I'm a jew and would laugh in her face if she asked that.

stop projecting faggot.

t. married man, my wife drives a 2011 Suzuki Alto and loves tiny cars, as long as they're comfortable.
The Suzuki might seem like a tin can without features but it's very zippy, she says she feels safer in it because it's easy to drive and see out of, and she feels like she has more direct control over the car.
The only upgrade she's considering is a VW Up, I drove one and they're super neat with the sporty suspension setup they come stock with, fun cornering it hard even though it's not that fast.

And then you woke up.

You sily fool. All women are like this

Inb4 my girl is different

Marry then you will see what i mean

I'm sorry, American women must have made you bitter.

Not even my mother was like this, she just loved her e46 in the early 2000s and was sad when they went Peugeot to keep costs down 3-4 years ago.

mine too
she raised 4 cunts in several civics and preludes
maybe i should get her a miata or something now that she doesn't have kids to lug around

The HMMVW is smaller than the current suburban

We were raised in a 2 door pajero. Carb'd, manual and so on.

Needed 4x4 to get to and from the main road.

such is life in australia
what year?

>tfw my gf doesn't like to let me spend money on her because it makes her feel guilty

West Indies

Cant say for sure but it was mid 80's at the latest. It didn't have much speed but it would pull 30' power boats out the water with ease

>Front wheel drive Mercedes

lol

Shorter, barely. It's almost a foot wider though.

>mfw I'm unironically living this

Got married 1 year ago and my wife is already obsessed with the Porsche Cayenne and we both make like 40k a year.

Does she know what they cost? If not, break it to her. If she does, ask how she plans to afford it.

There's got to be a reason it's a Porsche Cayenne specifically.
Do a little snooping. Did one of her girlfriends get one?
How about her coworkers, or her boss?

>not spoiling your beautiful wife

buy her a used one and tell her that's all you can afford

the VR6 ones are actually ridiculously reliable and cheap to own because its literally a touareg.

>buy her a used one
You don't get it, user.
It's not about the car - it's about bragging to her girlfriends how much her husband spent on the car.

so what

if it makes her happy it should make you happy.

>if it makes her happy it should make you happy.
It won't make her happy if you buy a used one.
She wants to be able to say to her girlfriends "my husband bought me a new $80k Porsche."
It isn't even about the car; it's more shallow than that.

>I'd never marry someone like that.

She knows how expensive they are and even mentioned leasing one. She knows nothing about vehicles but I see her looking at ads for them. I want her to be happy but at the same time buying a expensive crossover that loses a tremendous amount of value every year probably isn't the best thing for us while we're trying to save up for a starter home.

Get you a woman who buys her own suburban

That fucking got me. Rich kids are pieces of shit.

Yes, it went to shit. Because now you've got this needlessly complex $6,000 infotainment system. Oh and because "state of the art" is what you covet rather than simplicity and slightly older tech that is completely developed/reliable, everything is fly by wire so now your car won't work without replacing the infotainment center.

It's fucking dumb. Twenty year old cars aren't having half the problems I see from ten year old cars. And when they do, at least repairs are straight forward and cheap. We've regressed.

base buick encore