Eve Online General /eog/

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".
>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed) (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-06-13/
reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6gaemf/burn_eden_rorcarrieratting_edition/diovza9/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OrEz3NbQ7Vl6BURvnmyEqgtaTzgGXwk0Ask-Y5FFtBs/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lewd.

>anime
kys

dank servers tonight

Thanks Kevin

>previously on /eog/

>announced carrier nerfs
>Spaceships Offline
>potentially a fix for ghost training

>What race?

updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-06-13/

>Rewards include PLEX, SKINs, drone blueprints and Accelerators.

DRONE DOMI SKIN WHEN

>As part of this release, pilots will be able to enjoy a new SKIN for the Machariel class Angel Cartel battleship

>X class Y X
people who say this sounds super gay

>battleships outdamaging carriers soon

>X class Y Z
i'm retarded

Eve offline again?

Money well spent indeed.

>46 pages of capital butthurt

There' s a giant thread on reddit where people are (allegedly) unsubbing en masse because of these capital changes.

CCP really pissed off the nullbears something fierce

>Ice mining is an afk miner's best friend!
>consider getting a procurer and trying it out while watching a movie
>remember an user mentioning his null corp didnt have a buyback for ice
>check mine
>"Contract your ore to our holding corp, no ice!"
ICEBROS WHY ARENT WE WANTED?

>reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6gaemf/burn_eden_rorcarrieratting_edition/diovza9/
>CCP thinks supers make 780M an hour ratting
>CCP thinks only 1% of 1% care about the changes

I mean carrier ratting isn't even that good. It's like 150m/h with good skills and a pimped setup, maybe 200m/h if you're looting.

Running lvl4s or incursions in highsec is better Isk/h and if you're willing to risk your ship you can make much more in lowsec or w-space.

Sell it in Jita or something?

eve is dying

Also you can easily dualbox incursions which doubles the income while still being as click intensive as carrier ratting.

>I mean carrier ratting isn't even that good. It's like 150m/h with good skills and a pimped setup
This is what bothers me. Its also a year worth of training or fuckton of injectors.

so they're mad enough that they're pretending to unsub

it's because fozzie doesn't like goons :^)

That is by far the most retarded CCP post I've seen in years.

CCP quant is literally their numbers guy and he doesn't even fucking know how much a super or a carrier can make per hour.

What a fucking joke. CCP is such a shit tier dev and they keep getting worse somehow, never learning from mistakes.

>Eve might legit die before my carrier skillplan is complete

Easily the dumbest thing I've seen from CCP yet. I really hope that Quant went rouge and just made the post himself. If this is supposed to a collective statement from CCP then it comes off as unbelievably out of touch.

>eve is dying is no longer a meme, but reality
I don't know how this feels man.

On one hand, it's the only game of its kind. But on the other, CCP has been sucking the fun out of everything and client/server performance has been steadily getting worse and I don't want to fund incompetent clowns.

>sucking the fun out of everything
they're fixing it though

I dont know much about mining or why null miners prefer ore over ice, I know there's a reason but just looking at it on paper it certainly wins out.
If you're a new miner that has ZERO industry/refining skills wouldnt it be better to mine ice? Skiff mining null ice makes 60-70m/hr (jita sell), dont need to be constantly retargeting, and you dont even need mining crystals.

Finally

That's a good joke

did you not see the fighter thread

>goons giga asspained over every change and flood the forums
delete delve

CCP is biased against best alliance

finally found a comfy spot to park my cloaky orca and live a quiet life in the ass end of W-space

>kspace will never get deleted

>best alliance
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>780M/hr
>clearly stating the average of 420-510M/hr.

You damn well know CCP is incapable of fixing anything you slut

>ccp getting shit on over a good change, however accidental it may be

but it's a step in the right direction at least

Thing is, they've been making absolutely horrible changes for the past year or so, steadily pissing off almost their entire playerbase.

And now they touch nullbabby's favorite toys, finally pissing off their most autistic playerbase like goons, so they throw up a shitflinging contest.

Now everyone who doesn't even own a carrier is just jumping on the hateboner to vent their own frustration as well.

Then CCP quant comes to reddit and makes the absolute worst post in CCP history and fans the fucking flames.

It's a trainwreck and I'm loving every second of it.

>steadily pissing off almost their entire playerbase
you have no way of knowing this

It's unbelievably out of touch regardless, ccp haven't released a good patch in over a year and they think people are quitting over ticks and belts.

>wormholes are getting no new content
>lowsec is getting no new content
>nobody likes fozzysov
>almost nobody likes shittadels
>void bombs, void bombs for everyone
>eve offline, socket closed, market crashes
>ghost training fiasco
Yeah I've never seen so many people annoyed with CCP

It's easier to turn large amounts of ore into isk and mining ice in a rorqual requires more clicks.

>wormholes are getting no new content
>lowsec is getting no new content
le content meme

>nobody likes fozzysov
>almost nobody likes shittadels
source?

>ghost training fiasco
removing ghost training is good though

>t3c changes make wspace into t3blobspace 2.0
>no more use for commandships

it's like they're trying to cover as much as the playerbase as possible with bad changes

>source?
Launch the fucking game every one in a while and talk to people you blow up.

>500M/hr
Maybe Supers should be costing 5-10 [PLEX] vs. 25+.

>t3c changes make wspace into t3blobspace 2.0
but you don't know what the changes are

>le content meme
yes its truly a good thing that these areas of space are stagnant and hardly anyone wants to live there anymore

>nerf supers and also make them half as expensive
i almost like this idea

CCP has already announced a big part of the changes to T3C at fanfest.

fixing capitals improves all space

and what makes you think that shit about command ships

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OrEz3NbQ7Vl6BURvnmyEqgtaTzgGXwk0Ask-Y5FFtBs/edit#gid=0

>fixing capitals improves all space
The meta will just change to pirate battleships or whatever the fuck. Nothing will be fixed.

Speaking of which, nerfing pirate battleships is next on their list of retarded patches no one asked for. Judging by today's shitstorm, that's probably going to go over well.

>no one asked for
I'm asking for it. fixing broken shit is good, even if people like you are too retarded to see it

Game will be dead by the time it gets to that point anyway :^)

pirate ships being cheaper than some navy ships isnt exactly balanced either

pirate BS are only broken if you can field huge blobs of them. there's nothing wrong with nullblobs flying t1 BS and pirate BS becoming more exclusive.

machs should be for small gang PVP and lowsec groups

yes we do

Heh, people are shooting the monument outside Jita

Pirate battleship changes have already been announced, increased build cost and decreased drop rate.

Thank fuck.

link the survey you did

your stupid. if a faction ship is more cost effective than a t1 ship then it's broken

>lowsec groups
yes of course, accompanied by a couple snaked Orthrus and a lach

Fixing pirate battleships is the only legitimately good choice in this whole pile of steaming, rank shit.

The rest of it - I'm with . There is nothing else like Eve; I've yet to find a single other game that presses all the buttons it does. But the CCP who produced the game I originally got into isn't around anymore, and everything they have been doing has been progressively making it less fun to play.

>your stupid
oh the ironing

no

if project snuffbox can hit above their weight in hg slave machs that's a good thing. nullbabbies should be poor and fly tech1

>CCP_Quant's post
HOLY SHIT LEL THESE PEOPLE LITERALLY DO NOT PLAY THEIR OWN GAME

>not quintupleboxing AFK ratting supers and making 500m/hr on each

>HOLY SHIT LEL THESE PEOPLE LITERALLY DO NOT PLAY THEIR OWN GAME
This has been known for some time, but it was assumed that CCP was at least able to interpret their own gathered data properly.

But nope. Literal monkeys pushing buttons it seems.

CCP Quant is an economist, he's not a game designer.

All he does is analyze data and write reports for the actual game designers.

He's not an economist, just a data analyst.

And it looks like he doesn't even know how to analyse data. He can't even calculate the average of some ratting ticks.

Guys I'm scared.
I don't want this game to die

Just accept it

nothing you can do to stop it now

It's not about the ratting ticks, read his entire post. The problem is this image and the inflation that results in the supply of isk increasing massively while prices kept dropping. Titans have halved in value, pirate battleshits were barely more expensive than t1s and the entire nullsec meta was mach blobs that alpha anything short of a capital off field no matter what.

Maybe the carrier nerfs were a bit much, but something needs to be done to cut off isk faucets and it's either this, nerf anoms or nerf bounty payouts and this is the fairest. If the other two were nerfed everyone, from newbros to bittervets would be hurt. Now it's just carrier ratters that get hurt.

No you misunderstand why Quant's post cause such massive butthurts.

He literally thought supercarriers made 750m isk/hr on average (before he edited his post). He also thought supercarrier ratting is being multiboxed with multiple accounts which is a fucking retarded notion if you've ever actually done it yourself. It's physically impossible to multibox more than two without losing massive isk/hr.

Third, he considers carrier ratters the top 1% of the top 1%, which is in itself a retarded statement, but it's stupid to punish literally 99.9% of the population because 0.1% is "abusing" carrier ratting.

Lastly, he basically calls those 1% of 1%'ers RMT'ing assholes. Which is perplexing to say the least.

So yeah, people are mad. I doubt that message was CCP management approved so Quant may not be working at CCP much longer.

No one's denying something needed to be done about isk faucets. But the entire PvE experience is balanced around the meta from years ago. Absolutely carriers shouldn't be able to solo farm sites - but neither should any other ship. Nor should Incursions have stopped being scary shit that ate unprepared groups and become the go-to easy farming route.

The most frustrating thing is that CCP seems to be aware that on some level NPCs are stupid and weak. Shit like the drifter AI, drifter hotdrops in Wspace, and dreadbombs in Kspace show that. But when push comes to shove, they suddenly insist one specific type of ship is at issue and not the whole PvE setup altogether.

why are you giving attention to reddit autists

Why touch carriers when you can fix the damn incursions

look at the graph, incursion income has been pretty much the same, they're not a problem

The problem is the spike in bounty payout.

Don't get me wrong, i think Quant fucked up by posting, especially since it's not his job to know how the game works in the first place. He should've stayed quiet and let this blow over but he didn't for some reason. The core message behind his post is still sound though. If carriers are the cause of the insane inflation, they rightfully deserve a nerf in one way or another.

>we're sorry quant, your reddit post got too many downvotes, we have no choice but to let you go
this is what carrier ratters really believe

carriers aren't the cause of inflation though

CCP, the party that has all the data, seems to disagree.

>mfw still subbed because I don't carrier rat

they don't have the data as evidenced by their behavior today

>they rightfully deserve a nerf in one way or another.
No they don't, because this impacts PvP too (unless this was their intention).

They could have gone about it a different way. For example, nerf the payout of carrier sites, or give the rats more ehp, or less escalations. Or put an acceleration gate there so only subcaps can warp in. So many options they had.

did you even read the thread
>We also think that Carriers and Supercarriers are a bit too effective in PvP now.

It was their intention, the forum post states that carriers are both too good in PvE and in PvP.

"This trend is unsustainable. Having such a large ISK faucet is bad for the economy, and this ISK faucet is concentrated to a relatively small number of players.

We also think that Carriers and Supercarriers are a bit too effective in PvP now. This change will significantly change the PvP balance, but we’re confident that Carriers and Supercarriers will remain powerful options for PvP."

OPINIONS ON EVE PROBLEMS
1. Pirate battleships are and will be extremely good, but a decrease to availability is good
2. Long citadel timers are cancerous and CCP won't touch them
3. Citadel void bombs are oppressive and seriously harm viable fleet compositions
4. Time zone tanking is gay
5. Entosis sov is underwhelming, at best encourages ""small gang"" and definitely doesn't produce serious fights
6. Null regions different enough to want to take another group's space and blue donuts are the rule, not the exception
7. Carriers are ez mode isk printing, and are extremely good*, but the problem lies in the safety of null ratting
8. *Getting jammed out by a single griffin is still bullshit
9. T1 Battleships cost too much to produce

I only read CCP Quant's fuckup but yeah I guess they accomplished their objective with that nerf then.

Assuming their objective was to piss off every nullbabby.

null regions not different enough*

>CCP won't touch them
why do you say this? are you on the csm?

he didn't fuck up, except by posting on reddit instead of the official forums or /eog/

Because they explicitly said they won't touch it

are you on the dole from ccp or ea?

>why do you say this?
CCP has said at fanfest they agree they are too defensible, but they "need more data".

This is CCP speak for "might look at it again in a year but the developers that wrote the code probably won't work at CCP anymore and so we will never iterate on this feature ever again"