Are there any cars out there that can cruise on the highway (70mph) at 1500 RPM? I like to cruise

Are there any cars out there that can cruise on the highway (70mph) at 1500 RPM? I like to cruise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amL55Gg9_kY
crawlpedia.com/rpm_gear_calculator.htm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the corvette can cruise at 0 rpm. it's a class exclusive feature lol

>wanting only 1500 RPMs

Take a glance at the new Fords, maybe. Ten speed autos, that's a lot of room for hilariously low overdrive gears.

I think that is mostly set up for acceleration, you might have to find a taller rear gear

Does this man like rotary?

ah man hahha

E39 530D

the vic

My DD is a ls1 camaro with a t-56 6 speed and it goes at 90 mph at 2k rpm. 50 mph is 1k rpm. a 5.7 liter v8 cruising at 1500 rpm is godtier

Old Mercedes do that
My old w126 560sel could pull those figures

>Are there any cars out there that can cruise on the highway (70mph) at 1500 RPM?
You're asking for quite a lot from automatic transmissions. My stock 2016 normally aspirated 2.5L 4cyl chevrolet malibu with autoXmission using cheap sam's club regular gasoline does 70MPH on standard slightly rough asphalt freeway in daytime air with running lights on at 1900+. It is clearly a hair under 2000 RPM with cruise control on. The car is clearly adaptive as it shifts higher and then settles down to the lowest rpm (most of the time) if cruise control is used. My owner's manual even says to use cruise control for best mileage performance.

Corvette. Stupid low end power and long ass tall gears. Trucks are pretty chill down the highway too.

youtube.com/watch?v=amL55Gg9_kY

anything diesel

Dodge Challenger Hellcat can do that while in its highest gear on the highway

>implying any of those things have shit do do with cruising RPM except for speed.
the T56 that some anons referenced here (4th gen camaro/firebird, some corvettes) have a double overdrive AKA its a 6 speed manual, and 4th gear is 1:1, 5th is over that, and so is 6th. Most cars have a 1:1 gear plus a single overdrive gear (oftentimes, that's 4th gear). 'Overdrive' generally refers to a gear greater than 1:1. My old trans am (84, 3rd gen with a swapped th-350) only had 3 gears so 'top gear' was 1:1; it had no overdrive. 70 was like 3k rpm or something, haha
My 01 Silverado has the 4l60e, the electronically controlled version of the 700r4 that my 84 bird came with from the factory. I turn about 1900-2000 rpm from about 70-75.
For rpms that low at that speed, it will be hard I think to find a transmission to make it happen unless it has a double overdrive from the factory or aftermarket higher rear end gears.

My '04 Mustang GT has a 5th gear so high you need a Nepalese sherpa to use it. 70 is definitely around 1500.

It's hilariously tall. You have to downshift if you want to build up any speed without dying of old age. Probably could hit 100 around 2K.

Pretty much any American v8 with overdrive

My grand Cherokee does 1500 around 65

My 392 challenger can cruise like that with it's 8 speed auto

commodore ss or any big block 60s full size sedan with overdrive comfy as f

I would assume that any big diesel engine could theoretically do that with no problem. That would still depend if they decide to give it tall enough gearing though.

Something with an ls

i cruise around 80 mph at 2500rpms, its pretty comfy

Although not quite 1500, a Ford Panther body with 2.73 gears will be doing sub-2k at 75mph.

Any manual diesel with long gearing should do it without problem.

Fuckin tell me about it. It takes damn near 20 seconds to accelerate in 5th from like 65 to 70.

>tfw 4000rpm at 70mph

About any CVT

v6 camaro does 75 just under 2k

>4500 rpm at 80mph on my AP1

My hybrid IS does that at 130 km/h

Had a Caddy DeVille with the northstar V8. At 70 I'd do around 1600rpms.

my mk1 focus can do it tho

V8 Mercedes.

but rpms are fun! fun!
especially when you still get 37mpg lmao

t. AW11 owner

I read one of the new corvettes does 1350 RPM cruising at 70. But it's still a supercharged 6.2 so economy probably isn't great

Probably not. Scotty doesn't seem to think anything justifies sophistication.

grand prix does 70-80 mph at 2000 RPM

One of the main reasons I sold my Miata. At highway speeds here (over 80) I was turning about 5K and couldn't talk to a passenger.

my 1990 accord with a 5-speed did this

it was a POS anyway, barely 110hp out of a carbureted 2-liter engine

>70MPH is 6000 RPM in 6th gear
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hellz yea boi

Not gonna lie that's quite impressive.
My 1.3 econobox gets 5l/100km (47MPG) highway and it could easily go to shit if you try and go faster than 110km/h.

>8500rpm at 60mph

My 1997 Toyota Celica cruises at 3,100rpms at 70ish in 5th gear. C52 5 speed if you're curious.

6500 rpm

>250 cc feels

I know this feel
what bike do you have?

Seems accurate according to my own car's numbers.

crawlpedia.com/rpm_gear_calculator.htm

Any new chrylser vehicle with the 8 speed.

Corvette

Not 1500 but 2000 yes, after all I haven't many RPMs :((
Diesel power brumbrum

Forgot picc

A Panther body with the tall rear gears does about 1800rpm@70mph

My 02 Trans Am can cruise at 80 just under 2k

Second gen Honda Fit is ~2000rpm at 70.
3000 cruising at 80.

Most old diesels top out at 2k at 100kmh

>w126

Dont those old things have like 3 speed autos, or someshit?

Whats with American car having that tall gearings? You can’t even legally cruise at that speed to use a second, or even third overdrive, right?

It's to get around the emission bullshit. It's so you can cruise along the highway in 7th or 8th at 1500rpm and get good mpg's.

I have the trans am but same config. 6th gear at 70 gets me high 20s in terms of MPG. Pretty efficient setup.

CVT

>You can’t even legally cruise at that speed
average highway speed in america is about 70 mph. at the very least, 65. at most, sometimes 90.

You don't seem to realize how gigantic this country is

4 speeds, 4th gear is 1:1 with a 2.47 rear end.

My 2005 nissan xterra goes 70 at 1.9k

Not saying the Corvette isn't capable of great fuel economy in a powerful car, but don't ever trust the readout on your dash. Hand calculating is the best and easiest way to find out the true efficiency of your car.

But the Corvette certainly has the aero, gearing, and technology to get 30+ mpg. It's just not out of the realm of possibility for other cars.

80 is my limit in my miata. Plus there's no reason to go over that anyways, it's already illegal to begin with

I know this feel. I bought my aveo to save on gas, I don't give a fuck about acceleration. That's for my weekend car. Seriously been considering swapping in a higher differential fear but I don't think it's possible without having something custom made

6th gear in my GT500 is ridiculously low. 70mph is about as slow as you can be in 6th. It sits just above idle at 70 in 6th and if I'm gentle it gets 22mpg highway.

It's always hilarious when someone gives that guy unsolicited advice

>I don't even know how to use a computer and I have a million subscribes

>tfw 10000rpm at 20mph

Literally any GM model made post 1985.