/dbg/ Dragon Ball General

ROAD TO EVO EDITION

>DLC 3 included:
– 3 New Playable Characters: Zamasu, Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosè Goku Black), Bojack
– 1 New Master: Bojack
– 3 New Parallel Quests (now with spongy Kids Trunks!)
– 5 New Attacks (4 Bojack mentor skills and Rosè Kamehameha)
– 3 New Costumes (Future Mai's outfit, Black's Gi, Zamasu's outfit)
– 2 New Poses

>The 2nd free update and DLC 2 are both live.
steamcommunity.com/games/454650/announcements/detail/261609914185675826

>DLC 2 Updated Skills
dragonball-videogames.com/es/dlc-2-updated-skills-list/

>Helpful Xenoverse 2 Data/Links
pastebin.com/bRGkSuSh

>Xenoverse 2 Mods
pastebin.com/pDwFPrB3

>No Hud Mod (for beautiful screenshots)
mega.nz/#!ccICVaaB!8hy08k-uVZnn-8656WmjspN72wwaJITF6mo_ZgvMYc8

>Xenoverse 2 changes
pastebin.com/uDAS7TD9

>new 2D 3vs3 fighter by ARCSYS announced
drive.google.com/file/d/0B858vev8ML4NN2dDOElTNjZMdnM/view

>Community
PC: steamcommunity.com/groups/vfightersXenoverse
PS4: Search "Dragon Ball General"
XBone: account.xbox.com/en-GB/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873991575336
/dbg/ players: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ElJpKAB8F9xw-4oqsOuorggP_Hngdvxm7aduvpY1DIg
/dbg/ discord: discord.gg/wtSsdgv

>HOW TO FIND YOUR XENOVERSE 2 SAVE ON STEAM Perfect guide:
steam > userdata > [your steam id] > 323470 > remote > DBXV2
DBXV2.sav should be there, which is your savefile
If you wish to delete it to try reimporting or for other reasons, disable steamcloud on both xenoverse 1 and 2 first.

>Xenoverse Booru: Upload all Drawfaggotry here
xenoverse.booru.org/

Last time on /dbg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2210149#search=Dragon_Ball_Z
youtube.com/watch?v=vLcVljdot4I
youtube.com/watch?v=A35HPE0FPcw
youtube.com/watch?v=BzpfZuD07M0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Double Legendary Super Saiyan fight when?

reminder, that EUROBEAT increases your skilllevel
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

8 months later and I'm still shit at PvP

yamcha >>>>>> frieza

NANI

The thread has stopped

Is it just me or are some CAC extra smol for some reason? Is it a mod?

Few problems with your comparison: Gohan is half-human, looking several times more buff than Goku did when Goku was 15, anime art made him look even more buff than the manga art did, and the artstyle change. Going to leave aside the fact that 11 year old boys don't have that kind of muscle definition.

Compare Caulifla, Kale, or Cabba with younger characters in Toriyama's more current artstyle and they are less out of place. Or hell, compare them with Future Trunks when he was 14. And again, compare the three with the adult Saiyan characters, especially the U6 ones. Caulifla's gang members and brother are clearly older and more toned.

I asked that same question a couple of months ago. Someone said that females are just really short compared to the males. Even with a max height female and a max height male their is a clear difference.

No they're just short

And yes, the art style shift is a big part of it. If you want proof, look no further than this.

>Ox King steals everyone's muscles
>But still skips leg day

Not that guy but I'm still saying that the artstyle was the reason that Goku muscles was more rounded like everyone else in dragon ball were.

Partially. 11 year old Gohan is still more buff than even GT Goku. But that leads to my point on the art change. Here's a more recent drawing of Kid Goku by Toriyama. Compare him with Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, and Cell Games Gohan.

why did he draw him with a spear and shield?

The shield has the Kame kanji on it and is shaped like a turtle shell. The spear is a Qiang, a Chinese spear. Reference to his Chinese origins.

Ahh I see. Thanks.

I should bring Present For You to PQs more often.

why'd you leave the discord again ;_;

Obliviously he hates all of you

He looks like the more recent artstyle. And with GT it seems like they went tried to copy the original artstyle for Goku. With the artstyle thing is that what you wanted me to understand

Is this a new way of getting someone to comeback to the discord ?

So I've been playing this guy back to back matches for the past 15 minutes and I was having a blast. I missed pvp so much. This guy was really fun in particular. His CAC was a male Earthling named Yamcha black. He was pretty good. Although he spammed perfect grabs a lot, but I don't really mind that kind of stuff. Then one match he did this thing with future trunks where he'd grab me at the top of the map and do dual masenko, it did crazy damage. That he did do that more than I would have liked, and beat me but them we ran it back and just didn't let him grab me the second match. After he decides to switch to an "unknown character" and crash my game. I thought it was funny.

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2210149#search=Dragon_Ball_Z

this with aubutt when

>Is this a new way of getting someone to comeback to the discord ?

No, it's me asking why someone I liked quietly left and another user shitposting

D-does it matter? I'm right here and in the PS4 chat if you need me.

Pic related

>Ok then I was just trying to understand. Maybe they just needed a break from it.

Aubah can you do me a favor and record a match with you're male buu vs a random for me please ?.

Just wondering if you were alright, and the ps4 chat is invite only for people with a ps4 so it's not like thats reliable for everyone else

> With the artstyle thing is that what you wanted me to understand
Yes. The point is, the U6 trio are all teenagers at most, filtered through Toriyama's newer artstyle. Probably older than Pan though.

Because Aubah doesn't like the non-PS4 players

Uh, sure, I'm really bad at him though, so don't expect much. Any reason you need this?

I'll record both a normal preset match and a totally broken OP preset match for ya, so it might take a bit.

Fair enough. Sorry, assumed you were someone from there.

wow

also for you I could have sworn I linked to your post as well
Ok then I was just making sure as to not cause any misunderstandings. Super sayian god was also a mistake

Also forgot to mention when you have a chance of course.

>that fucking face
every time

I'm more curious as to the point of leaving rather than just not going on Discord, seems kinda pointless

>Fair enough. Sorry, assumed you were someone from there.
>user was concerned if you were okay and you shrug them off

Kind of lending credence to

Super Saiyan God is probably the most brilliant transformation in the franchise, the perfect counterpoint to the focus on a Saiyan's primal nature, and much better than Blue and 3. I even like it a bit more than 4.

Shame we won't get it until XV3 DLC 4.

>Super Saiyan God is probably the most brilliant transformation in the franchise
It's a dumb recolor that looks like a worse kaioken and only looks good on girls.

Also the backstory and requirements for it are fucking retarded.

Why would they like them? Aubah never played with any of them.

None at all, I just like seeing people from here fight. And your fights with your male buu made for a lot of my favorite webms of yours. You can even ask a ps4 to help you I like seeing you work together with others.

What said. Especially what he said about it only looking good on girls as that is it's only saving grace.

It's a rejection of a ferocious and primal history. It's a counterpoint to the Saiyan nature that spawned things like the Oozaru and Super Saiyan transformations. Calmed, peaceful, giving up selfish pride to attain something beyond Saiyan nature. The backstory to it and overall design show an actual degree of subtlety rare for Dragon Ball. It's almost like the polar opposite of another brilliant transformation, Super Saiyan 4. The only reason I like it a bit more is because of the clash 4 has with the hair and fur (and the name).

Besides, on the same logic, Super Saiyan is the same kind of recolor of Kaioken. God at least has minor differences.

I don't see why that would affect if you like anyone or not

>It's a rejection of a ferocious and primal history.
It's a dumb excuse to let goku fight beerus and it fucked the powercreep so hard by being saiyan exclusive that Super is pretending it never happened (the creep).

>Super Saiyan is the same kind of recolor of Kaioken
It isn't though, SSJ at least makes his hair spike, Kaioken is just slapping red-ish aura over him the same way God does. Biggest difference is God making him skinnier.

>only looks good on girls.
terrible meme

Okay, girls and gays.

Wait no, I meant girls and girls(male).

The backstory for it is literally "The Saiyans who weren't complete assholes tried to stop the Saiyans who were, and banded together to do so." The flashback shows the original Super Saiyan God fighting a group of Oozaru. It's fairly clearly something that rejects primal Saiyan history.

Higher levels of Kaioken do exactly that to Goku's hair. Akira "who's Taopaipai?" Toriyama just didn't fill it in for Super Saiyan.

Goku's hair does that literally evey time he powers up

Most clearly when he hits the higher levels of Kaioken.

Don't color it in, you have Super Saiyan.

>The backstory for it is literally "The Saiyans who weren't complete assholes tried to stop the Saiyans who were, and banded together to do so."
It was more of the same bullshit attempt at sanitizing the saiyans that Toriyama has been trying since after DBZ. Amoral mercenary saiyans were great, suddenly it's "no but goku's mom was nice, no but goku's dad was nice, no but a bunch of them were nice, no but in ancient history a bunch of them were nice and held hands and killed all the bad ones but it didn't stick.
And you forgot the minor detail of "and so they held hands and one of them turned into a god lol". And I can't believe they went for the "b-vut you have to be pure-hearted to do it" shit again, when it never sticks.

There's nothing interesting, no drama or buildup, no pathos. Just a stunt to please a bored purple cat.

And don't get me wrong, in the sense that it thematically contrasts the Super Saiyan it's fine and dandy, but that alone doesn't make it good. Besides, Super Saiyan was also thematically contrasting since you had to be pure hearted to do it, when it was introduced.

It doesn't stay that way, it doesn't even usually do it. The only time it did that was when he faced Ginyu.

Pic related is Kaiokek x20.

There's a difference between SSJ spikes and lots of ki making his hair flow

>Super Saiyan was also thematically contrasting since you had to be pure hearted to do it, when it was introduced.
I really don't remember this at all. I just assumed you needed to reach a certain power level and then you needed an emotinal trigger like Goku being that mad for the first time in his life and wanting revenge for krillian and Vegeta wanting to protect his ship and realizing that all of his training may have been for nothing and that Goku would always be better than him or something to that degree. .

They made a big deal about how goku's heart was pure and that it was his righteous anger which allowed him to become the legend. Didn't last too long.
>pure evil

Look what I found!

>They made a big deal about how goku's heart was pure and that it was his righteous anger which allowed him to become the legend
Ok that sounds a lot more familiar. At the time I guess I took it as just a praise of Goku. But you are right.

From the thumbnail I thought that tentacle chan was Seras and Rupuri doesn't look that different with out mods, weird.

>Doesn't look that different without mods.

Are you blind?

There weren't many randoms to fight tonight, so it took a while, but here you go. The normal fight in particular was pretty fun, I might actually keep that one.

youtube.com/watch?v=vLcVljdot4I
youtube.com/watch?v=A35HPE0FPcw

How active is the discord anyway?

You seem to be going mostly on hearsay rather than what actually happened.
>no but goku's mom was nice, no but goku's dad was nice
Bardock was still slaughtering aliens for fun. Look I hate Minus too but fact is Bardock was still a mercenary, Vegeta and Raditz were too, and Goku was still little brat until he bumped his head.
>no but in ancient history a bunch of them were nice and held hands and killed all the bad ones but it didn't stick
The original Super Saiyan God lost due to the time limit. The small number of good Saiyans were wiped out and the more violent ones took over.
>And you forgot the minor detail of "and so they held hands and one of them turned into a god lol"
Yeah, shared their energy together. So?

You claim that Saiyans are being whitewashed but Vegeta confirms in Super that the Saiyans of U7 slaughtered the original inhabitants of Planet Vegeta after destroying Planet Sadal, and that they were still amoral mercenaries before they got wiped out, to Cabba.

>There's nothing interesting, no drama or buildup, no pathos
Yeah gonna just agree to disagree on this point. Because from what I see, the transformation worked on the level it was presented, especially with Goku's dissatisfaction with how he got the form.

>And don't get me wrong, in the sense that it thematically contrasts the Super Saiyan it's fine and dandy, but that alone doesn't make it good.
This is just a matter of taste then.

Krillin thought that you had to be pure of heart to go Super Saiyan, Vegeta, in full edgelord mode, said that his is "Pure evil."

Kaioken x20 also looked like this. Compare it with the first drawings of Super Saiyan and the similarities become more apparent.

Usually active enough to talk or get answers for questions, but it does have its 'real ningen hours' moments where its fully dedcord. Sometimes it can persist for a good portion of a day, but that could just be my timezone difference fucking me.

>Kaioken x20 also looked like this.
In a vast minority of panels, even including powerup panels.

And yeah, it's no surprise it's similar, since super saiyan makes the hair stick up, just like ki does. Only super saiyan is a permanent change.

His hair is only like that because he's powering up, show a kaioken shot of him not doing anything with his hair still up.

>This is just a matter of taste then.
yeah, your shit taste.

I'm really enjoying the no hud mod, makes immersion really easy. I wish I had got it sooner ;_;

I like your crown. the earings are not bat either

Side note did anyone ever make Broly's crown an accessory, I haven't found one yey, so I was wondering if anyone has seen one.

Pretty active from what I remember, I enjoyed the discord while I was there. I liked when they'd spam screenshots. Overall communication was way better too.

And again, compare with how Toriyama first drew Super Saiyan.

Here you go then. Take out the color, bam, Super Saiyan.

Scathing. But if that's all you want to add, I'll stop clogging up the thread with this discussion.

I meant that even without the mods I can tell that it's you. Also I should have added an "to me at least" to clarify.

Thank you Aubah. I love that Fat Buu of yours. The first fight was also my favorite of the two but the Turles one had the better title . In the end thank you for humoring me and doing my request.

>Here you go then
Except he's clearly powering up there, that's not nothing.

He's standing perfectly still, and has stopped powering up. That's why Ginyu is freaking out over the 180,000 rating.

Reminder: Male only.

Anything for you, my love.

And it was a good excuse to tell Mary and Celine I don't need to sleep yet.

Except we've been shown that in a "relaxed" kaioken his hair is normal

Buggy tail. Male only. T-poses after some Ults.

No!

Raid reward only.

youtube.com/watch?v=BzpfZuD07M0

True, but leaving without saying anything to the people who like them while maintaining a presence elsewhere can feel like shit for the people who liked them, might make them feel inconsequential

user, I wouldn't encure my wrath if I was you
Anymore of this and I'll cry

I do this to keep your expectations low. I do this because I care. I do this to prepare you for the coming disappointment.

I was hoping this topic would've been dropped by now. I really don't want to get into my reasons for leaving once again, so please stop.

I'm sorry for being so awful.

I just want to believe! Nothing else in the DLC even comes close to charming me!

This guarantees we will not have SSJ4 as a CaC transformation.

I came to accept that a long time ago. Dimps hates transformations, creating something like SSJ4 would be too much work for them, even with a longer dev time.
I still have hope for great ape though.
Really I just want my SSJ4 wig out of this so I can at least have SOMETHING.
this is why I've been slowly building a pc. Mods will fix everything.

>I still have hope for great ape though.
Mods have shown that they're not playable for a reason: they are absolutely GARBAGE.

Those versions were never meant to be playable, of course they're garbage.

isn't it like the giant namekian thingie ?
we need a potential unleashed 2 and 3 with differences other than hair... a beard and moustache maybe ?

as it should be, tall women are disgusting

What will dbg do in the mean time till dlc 4?

Leo is back to training for now. I'm testing out moves and presets for the most part. Today the future trunks grab to dual masenko combo gave me some ideas.

I found god slicer to dual masenko works at the top of the map.

I just want the tail to be non static, mods can take care of everything after that. I would like to finally be able to have a proper ss4 in and out of conton city.

>fucking me
Don't mind if i do

> What will dbg do in the mean time
I can't speak for the others but I have this small project. pic related, I've found the tail color this time, I set it to broly green. the red outline is ssg red btw.

L-lewd

Masturbate

Saw the new game announcement

While I'm not too excited for it, at least it means that we won't see them rush out XV3. Let them take some time to work on it.

Dimps has nothing to do with the new fightan. its just Bamco and ArcSys

I know that. But Bamco won't be telling Dimps to hurry up to get XV3 out next year so as not to compete with this.

More dev time can only be good.

Nighto /DBG/, hope to have more fun tomorrow

Reminder that the previous ASW DB game had the following roster (not including assists):
>Goku
>SSJ Goku
>SSJG Goku
>SSJB Goku
>Teen Gohan
>SSJ2 Teen Gohan
>SSJ Gohan
>Ultimate Gohan
>Vegeta
>SSJ Vegeta
>SSJ Future Trunks
>SSJ Gotenks
>Krillin
>Piccolo
>Raditz
>Nappa
>Ginyu
>Final Form Frieza
>Android 18
>Perfect Cell
>Majin Buu
>Kid Buu
>Beerus
>Bardock
>Broly

Expect them to make it into Dragon Ball Fighter's roster, but I'm not sure whether ASW will make forms as seperate characters or as actual transformations.

Also, another thing to note is characters that were playable in the Supersonic Warriors games, which were also made by ASW. Not as likely as the Extreme Budoten characters, but they were playable:
>Krillin w/ Kaioken
>Krillin w/ Unlock Potential
>Piccolo fused w/ King Piccolo
>Majin Vegeta
>Mecha Frieza
>Dr. Gero
>Super Buu
>Gotenks
>SSJ3 Gotenks
>SSJ Teen Gohan
>Gohan
>Cooler