Does this need to be updated? Is it talking about everything in terms of only bachelors?

Does this need to be updated? Is it talking about everything in terms of only bachelors?

>he didn't read the footnote
Anyway, aerospace engineer master race checking in

Computer science jobs are pretty competitive and they don't even pay that well believe me I know

I did, but I still think it's nice to try and make a somewhat accurate chart that's also concise.

>Biology in "Great" tier

Fucking no. Not with just a bachelors. Enjoy being a lab tech making 30K-40K your entire life.

Is Finance supposed to be included in economics?

Redpill me on aerospace. Does it really create a lot of job opportunities outside of the actual limited aerospace industry? Is it like uber-mechanical?

Also why is mechanical engineering in two different tiers?

I'm a petro major who's going to get totally fucked when I graduate this semester. Oil is on an uptrend but it's slow as fuck.

This looks like it was made by some anti social engineer on Veeky Forums that was free one night after being bullied by all the business kids at his college.

>Veeky Forums
scratch that. they would put computer engineer in suicide tier

Construction is a 6 figure industry. Also gives you some good inroads in investing since you get to see who is spending hundreds of millions in construction

I know a girl with a PhD in Biology.
She's a delivery driver and works part-time as a teacher.
Sad!

Degrees don't get people jobs, being a smart and competent is what gets you a good job. I don't know why people don't understand this. Just because you get a job in software engineering doesn't entitle you to a job in silicon valley making six figure.

I got a degree in English and I know work as a business consultant for a very successful company. Do you want to know how? Because I'm a smart person with great people skills. Those two qualities are way more important when looking for a job than anything you might learn in a classroom.

>Aerospace Engineering is top tier

LMAO, the market is pretty saturated with them at the moment. Engineering in general is no longer the trumpcard to job security the way it once was a few years ago. This is because
>Indian Engineers work better for much less
>for the past decade, if you were smart you went into engineering

Its still a great field to get into, but the "Engineering masta race" is a meme that is kinda over.

>is it like uber mechanical
Youre dealing a lot with structures, so sort of. Youd be better off going Mech Eng and specializing from there.

>Mathmatics/ Mech. E degree and a published research paper
>First job out of college pays 38k and I do crap tech work 90% of the time

Fuck man moving to a new state and not having connections kills. 3 more months and I have a years of experience and can leave this place for a higher pay and reap it all in.

The biggest gap is between stem/non-stem, but beyond that which stem degree doesn't matter as much. There's more variance between schools than between the different stem degrees, so getting a "great-tier" degree from a top 10 will go further than an "unbelievable-tier" degree from a top 50 (I'm not even sure if I agree with those tiers btw). There's also more variance within each school than between different schools, so getting a 4.0 at a top 50 will set you up at least as well as a 3.0 from a top 10.

To maximize success, just focus on getting into the best school you can, and then focus on getting the highest gpa you can. Also focus on getting as much experience as you can through internships/research, this matters more than gpa. And if you go the math/physics/CS route, it's easy to transition to other math-heavy jobs like data science, finance, etc.

In other words, your success comes down to your strengths as an individual, and not as much with what groups you identify with.

Thanks

*indian engineers don't feel bad about doing shitty work, and are paid much less
Ftfy

Recently had to take over a work package that was originally outsourced to India

The work they had done on it was an utter disaster. High schoolers could have picked apart the bad assumptions and lack of supporting data. I basically have to start from scratch.

/thread

Why does it say transportation twice?

fixd

Rare Chart.

If I want to be the Wolf of Wall Street what should I major in? I'm obviously not being completely serious but you know what I mean. I want to have "fuck you" money.

She was not very good at Biology then. Way less than 10% of PhD's end up with tenure track jobs.

The majority are fucked.

Your major won't matter. If you are not working on becoming a person with "fuck you" money right now, you probably won't have it.

You have to have a mix of luck/good timing, hard work ethic, and find a niche that you can exploit.

What do you do? I might have to move away from my family and have fuck you money in some 3rd world country where I pay my servants 37 cents a year.

Pretty sure software engineer and mech engineer need to be moved to unbelievable tier

I don't think there are that many jobs for chemical engineers same thing with the others

>tfe doing BTech with marketable skills

All that matters is skills, connection, and sociability.

>tfw wanted to take mathematical physics but job market is tiny in my country and I would need to at the very minimum do graduate work just so I could land a job at all
c-c-compsci it is then

Is Transportation really that bad?

I'm a scientist. Not something that will typically get you "fuck you" money.

But have always been a savvy entrepeneur/investor on the side - I say major doesn't matter because information is forgotten- the way you think is what is important it will help you in whatever you want to do.

"fuck you" money is not my goal, it would be a nice side benefit lol

Finance shouldn't be on the list at all in my opinion, because you can make more than anyone on the list or you can go bust. It's really dependent on the person and the environment.

economics should be in suicide tier
finance should be above medicine because a lot of doctors are scrabbling for patients

Theres this idea that it's one of the hardest engineering programs out there (and depending on how advanced your program is it definitely has the potential). Also 15+ years ago before getting a CS degree was really a thing a lot of aerospace engineers had a very strong programming background due to the computational nature of a lot of aerospace problems. Now a days you don't have to write your own aerospace code, and doing just aerospace if you're not 100% sure you want to work in the industry is retarded, especially because the demand for pure aero jobs is relatively low. It can still be useful if you combine it with something else, but it's still a pretty restrictive major. Right now the true Kings of the job market area electrical engineers with a digital logic specialty.

t. Aerospace senior looking for a non-aerospace job

Where/s culinary arts?

former English major checking in.

Is 25 too late to start a computer engineering degree?

That is just business 2bh. You either become McDonald Brothers or Ray Kroc. Business degree is basically a 50K risk in yourself being able to get the knowledge it takes to run a business or be a stock market investor but the moxie and drive needs to come from the person.

Its hard to judge because the job is very low pay high skill, high respect but high stress. So if you get this degree expect to get paid about 30K starting but enjoy your job.

The demand for chefs is always good because robots can't replace a creative chef for a long while, you can also get famous in your community then make your own job.

Improving your chances by being a entry level cook at a fancy restaurant is smart.

TL;DR Strong Meh Tier

Maybe. If you graduate at 29 you will get your first job at 30 lets say. Then you'll be "eww 30" then you might start getting your first taste of ageism. Its really in demand though so probably not too late. Its more about freshness of skills so you'll be good there.

Definitely too late for PhD or probably even Masters though.

>t. Aerospace senior looking for a non-aerospace job
I honestly feel really bad for all of us. The demand for new commercial aircraft is gone, and may not be back for another decade or two, at best. Without some revolutionary technology coming into the mainstream (e.g. supersonic jets, non-jet fuel-based propulsion, large-scale metallic or composite 3d printing, etc) or a big change in demands (price of oil skyrockets, major change in FAA regulations, etc), aerospace engineering will be limited to space stuff, military aircraft, and drones, and these markets just aren't big enough to use all of the engineers currently employed in aerospace, let alone new graduates.

I work in aerospace now, but I might need to leave the field someday soon.

Computer Engineering is more hardware than software right? Working with transistors and wiring and microcircuits?
Because my electrical class in HS had some of that stuff and I fucking sucked big dick at it.

same here, what do you do know? I work as an account manager for SaaS

indian engineers what a joke i dont get that whole outsourceing your high skill job to a third world country meme. Do you realy believe that people from a third world country have the kind of education needed

Well overall that's the rule of sucess, the smarter you are the higher you get

It's not, it's still the best choice when it comes down to safety, not being competent is a different matter

As far as i know, yeah, a mix between the both, but like 70~80% hardw related

>Getting degrees
It's like you people want to be poor

Yes it's more hardware, but that doesn't mean what you probably think it means. You'll probably have to take a circuits class, but most of the time you'll be doing math and programming. What makes it in-demand imo is that it requires more math than pure cs, and the programming skills you acquire tend to be better since the focus is on lower level systems. These are also harder skills to bullshit, so unlike in cs you'll fail out if you're an incompetent script kiddy.

I fell for the BSN meme degree, how fucked am I?

Medicine should be above everything else.
Only a fool does not see that.

>creative wriging

>anatomy
>low verbal
Dude what

Chem engineer is mech eng with more fluid dynamics/chemistry and less autocadding gears/material science. Main pillars like math/thermodynamics is the same, both could often do the others work if its not a highly specialized task

t. chem eng student in Germany who wished he liked mech eng more

>living in third world country

I get paid to study

I'm content on being god-tier