What's the dumbest car related thing a normalfag has told you?

What's the dumbest car related thing a normalfag has told you?
>Driving with a girl
>Go up a really steep hill so I put more pressure on my gas pedal
>My tachometer goes to 3.5
>OMG user what are you doing? Don't you know that's bad for your car?
>wut
>I never let my left speedometer go over 2! I don't want to put too much stress on my car.
>a few weeks later
>this time I' m in her car
>she drives up the exact same hill
>she never lets her tachometer pass 2.
>When it hit 2.5 she slammed on her brakes.
>this hill is part of a freeway
>the road traversing the hill is 7 km long
>speed limit is 80 kmph
>she was camping in the left lane
>the entire time we were on that hill she never passed 40kmph

I bet that bitch eats gummie bears for breakfast.

>Idiot drug addict dumb motherfucker friend wants to work on his piece of shit Altima
>Wants to lower it by cutting the springs
>He picks me up in his car, it's bouncing all over the place
>"Man what the fuck did you do to the suspension?"
>He heard you needed to cut half a coil off to lower the suspension
>He cut off half a coil and used THAT for his suspension and tossed the rest

Holy shit

This can't be real

I got a few more

>He takes some random parts out from under the hood to paint
>Valve cover, heat shield, fuel rail
funny story about the fuel rail actually
>An injector is bad
>He goes to the junkyard to pull some fuel injectors, for some reason not realizing that those injectors are trash too
>trying to get the fuel injectors out of his ends up in him bending the shit out of his fuel rail
> half the fuel rails he puts in are bad, half the engine is working basically
>After shuffling around injectors, he finally gets 3 cylinders firing, one of them leaks like crazy due to the fuel rail being bent

anyways
>He finds some clear piece of rubber tubing
>Hey bro this would be awesome if it were my fuel line
>"Dude no this isn't supposed to be a fuel line, it's thin and it's way too big"
>nah bro lets try it anyways
>Use hose clamps to put this shitty clear tubing on in place of the actual fuel line
>He puts all his shitty spray painted parts back in
>Turns the key, blows into the monitor (few DUIs)
>The fuel pump primes and shoots gas all over into the engine bay due to the shitty hose, removing nearly 100% of the paint he sprayed on

>The fuel pump primes and shoots gas all over into the engine bay due to the shitty hose, removing nearly 100% of the paint he sprayed on
KEK

I would question why you're friends with this guy but I'm too busy enjoying his retardation

where the fuck did this "don't let your tachometer go above 2/3/4" shit come from? i've heard it a couple times and i have no idea if there is any truth to this.

There's no truth to it, it's fucking retarded.

I once had a guy tell me that if you replaced a Chevy truck's radiator with a fan you'd use in your house you'd gain horsepower but I think he might have just been retarded.

Stay away from trailer parks, man.

It's a long story but I don't talk to that guy anymore. I gave him a chance and he more than proved everybody right when they told me he's a piece of shit

>Had this really nice 80s 300Z that he loved to death
>Would always drink/get high and drive though
>One night he was really fucked up on xanax/opiates/alcohol
>Could barely walk straight, tried getting into his car
>Everybody told him it was a bad idea, he's gonna wreck kill someone etc.
>NAAAHMAN ILLLBEE FFFFAHIIINE FUCK OFFF I'M COOOOOL
>Manages to get about 40 feet down the road before crashing into a telephone pole
>Bawls like a little girl (like most men would)
>according to him the unibody is bent, can't go more than 2 weeks before wearing down brand new tires til they blow out
>Sold the car for 712 dollars

Trying to think of some more disasters this man has created. Any time he touches a car it's a failure, but the suspension failure was just spectacular. It was so fucked up that he had to tow it to a suspension shop to fix it. The whole time they were just staring at him with this "don't ever touch cars again, you don't know how to do this" look. It probably goes without saying that this guy thinks he's an expert at working on cars.

Fuck man that poor car, it's a shame when people like this come into contact with anything of value. At least he doesn't have kids to fuck up though. And yeah I was fucking giggling imagining the car bouncing around from the completely fucked suspension in your first story.

can't be my car would've blown months ago

Boomer nonsense handed down to the newer generations. My parents literally told me that engines would explode if I approached the red line.

There might be some truth in this superstition. Remember, manufacturers don't warrant cars whose owners use launch control software. Imagine what reliability was like in the 1970s.

>boomer nonsense
my boomer relatives redline the shit out of their cars, hell the boomered out muscle cars regularly approach 5k+ at car meets when they're revving trying to impress people

LMAO NICE

best greentexts i've read in a while

>rip Z

>Friend asks me to help replace the brakes in her e36 convertible
>I come over and it doesn't take long to change her brakes and blow out the drains for her convertible tops out.
>I noticed no oil was registering on the dipstick, so I add some oil for her, advised her she should be check her oil more often
>I noticed the water in the radiator was low, so I filled it up with some tap water because she didnt want to buy any antifreeze, ok then.
>Go home didn't even get a thank you
>1 week later, I get a call from her that her transmission wasn't changing gears and was blaming me that I did something to cause her transmission not to work. I said I do not know and that she should see a mechanic. And instantly starts threatening to sue me and giving a guilt trip.
>Man fuck this. I ignore her from there on out.

Lesson learned, do no work on peoples cars for them.

>went on tinder date with girl a few days ago
>my car is auto but steptronic, afaik they dont make them in manual
>"ewww auto"
>"yeah i know but its a 6 speed
>"...what does 6 speed mean?"
>"that it has 6 gears?"

I almost thought she was a car person but it turns out "manual being best" is the full extent of her car knowledge. Credit where it's due though, I liked her opinion on the auto vs manual thing and that she only drives manual.

He thought he was such a good person too, like he'd do one small good deed and that gave him permission to be a complete piece of shit the rest of the week.

>I had this truck, 97 F150 with the god awful V6
>Got it for 500, put it back together, drove it for about half a year
>Engine starts making terrible noises, running like shit
>Oil is like chocolate milk at this point, at about 270k miles so figured it's time for a rebuild
>In the process to pull the engine, tons of other things started coming up
>This engine had been rebuilt before, figured it failed for the same reason (intake manifold/timing cover gaskets)
>They used helicoils to repair some pulled threads on both cylinder heads for the intake manifold
>cylinder that was hydrolocking due to coolant was fucked, conrod was bent etc.
>All the wheel bearings were bad
>exhaust manifolds were cracked
>Some of the threads on the torque converter were fucked because a few nuts rounded off due to rust/age
>The truck was basically scrap metal at this point, project pretty much abandoned
>Here comes drug addict friendo
>Hey man I'll buy it for 150
>I explain to him what all's wrong with this truck, it's basically scrap metal, it's incredibly hard to pull the engine, much more work than it's worth
>"nah man I'm an expert I can fix anything (He's never done anything like pulling an engine or actually doing anything more than bolting on parts)
>Alright fuck it, drop the motor back in bolt the tranny back on and he gets his dad to tow it to his house
>says he'll pay me tomorrow
>"Sorry bro they put the ankle monitor back on and it's real expensive, I'll get the money to you as soon as I can"

Now I actually knew he probably wouldn't pay me, and just wanted an excuse to tell him to fuck off. That ankle monitor is actually 180 dollars every 2 weeks though, real pain in the ass. All he had to do was blow into his fucking car once or twice a day and they would have left him alone.

All I know are too afraid to blow something, won't go above 3k if manual. They mostly just drive automatic F-150s, honestly. Empty nesters afraid of what else $50-70k could buy.

What a dumb cunt

>>The fuel pump primes and shoots gas all over into the engine bay due to the shitty hose, removing nearly 100% of the paint he sprayed on
brilliant

those subhumans are always holding up the roads, the engine in most vehicles is cut off when it reaches an unsafe speed you fucks

cont'd

>He keeps coming up with excuses of why he can't get 150 fucking dollars
>Keep in mind I'm his only friend and he's always afraid I'll ditch him because he has literally nobody
>One day he starts asking me to borrow some shit
>Typical "user helloooooo user are you there come on answer me" type bullshit, for stuff that's MINE
>"Hey man, what about the money for my truck? I get that you were in jail for 2 months the beginning of this year, but this truck was a year ago"
>Seen at 3:44pm, stopped replying after that
>A month or 2 later he texted back "The wrench of wisdom"
>That's all he had to say, so I told him to fuck off

>he'd do one small good deed and that gave him permission to be a complete piece of shit the rest of the week
Most people are like that though, just enough morality to keep them from becoming a total animal.

>That ankle monitor is actually 180 dollars every 2 weeks though, real pain in the ass.
Wait you need to pay $360 per month to have the ankle monitor on? That's fucking nuts

Lots of normalfags tell me that the Nissan R35 GT-R or the Bugatti Fagron is the best car made in existance.

they are
your an idiot

>Seen at 3:44pm, stopped replying after that
>A month or 2 later he texted back "The wrench of wisdom"
>That's all he had to say, so I told him to fuck off
Sorry you didn't get your money back but fucking lmao the wrench of wisdom? What the fuck does that even mean? Maybe he needed a wrench of wisdom to the dome to knock some sense into him

If you have the car shit its even worse. They charge to install it (which only they can do), a rental fee for as long as you have it, then an uninstall fee if your lucky enough to get the shit out.

they are good cars
you're 12

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. What a dumb roastie. Good instincts though on the manual thing.

Kek. Is he still friendless to this day? I get the feel it's a small town so you'd know.

My own story of small town dumb fuckery

>guy and his brother buy cars, fix them up, restore them a little and sell them for profit
>both pretty proficient self taught mechanics
>one brother, we'll call him James, is smart but also dumb as fuck
>multiple drink/drug driving charges
>somehow isnt in prison but had his license taken away
>continues to drive around and even sometimes on drugs
>gets pulled over twice in the last 2 years for it but cops both let him off with a warning saying "just dont drive again"
>family and friends warn him that he really will go to jail
>"nah i'll be fine"
>dumb fuck once again drives while on drugs
>cops dont let him go this time
>only found out because it was on the local news about a local guy, unnamed, who had a past of drug driving
>dumb fuck will be going away for it

Oh, bonus about the same guy since I got sidetracked with his driving offenses

>they'd just restored some car and James was test driving it
>car starts to overheat pretty badly
>he pulls over to take a look under the hood
>through a bizarre lack of judgement, he takes the radiator cap off while the engine is red hot
>cap blows right off and he gets a face full of boiling coolant
>ends up in the hospital with severe burns for a few months
>havent seen his face since, only news i ever get of him was through friends of his family

>through a bizarre lack of judgement, he takes the radiator cap off while the engine is red hot
>cap blows right off and he gets a face full of boiling coolant
What the absolute fuck makes a person think that is a good idea?

Yeah it's fucking crazy. Any sort of device they make you use, you pay for. That ankle monitor is pretty intense too. If it ever slides off, if you don't put it back on in 10 minutes it calls the police. Tracks your location, and ANY amount of alcohol that's in your system. They told him to stop using cologne because the alcohol was giving off false positives. One time he drank a beer and got taken to court. When they were analyzing the data, they could tell when he first drank it, after it had all been absorbed, and when his body started metabolizing it. The device in his car he had to blow into was only like 40 dollars a month/every 2 weeks or something. The car thing is cheaper, but it's a lot worse in other ways. You can't do any amount of work on your car that involves removing the battery (considered a power disconnect, too many of those and it's back to jail/ankle monitor), they don't work right half the time, if you ever get locked out for some reason and it won't start you have to deal with the worst customer service of your entire life etc.

He was a fucking idiot. I think he was just trying to get a convo started or something, like I'd just forget all about him fucking me over.

>We start talking about rebuilding engines and stuff
>We wanted to learn more about cars together, because sometimes wee did have good times together
>I mention that before we start rebuilding stuff, we'll need to get a torque wrench and other precision stuff
>He laughs in my face, calls me stupid for thinking we need torque wrenches and stuff
>"What the fuck user that's stupid, you only need torque wrenches and stuff if you're working on NASCAR cars and dragsters"
>I'm just baffled by this, no amount of data I could ever shove in his face would ever convince him otherwise

I really wish he would have tried rebuilding an engine, just so I could laugh in his fucking face when the head gasket(s) blow and he spins half the fucking bearings.

I don't know. He was a pretty decent mechanic so nobody could really understand how he could make such an error like that.

On that subject, how long is long enough to wait for taking a radiator cap off after driving? Stories like this have messed with me to the point that I wait until the next day. Even then, the hiss of the pressure still makes me nervous.

I'm sure to this day he still has nobody. He always talked about how everyone's left him his entire life and that nobody ever sticks around him for more than a year, has no idea why people just leave him. I guess he never realized that he was the problem, not everyone else. He would always bum cash and rides off me so he could go buy some K2/Spice because he got drug tested every month, and he would usually pay me but not always. I always felt bad because he would go through some crazy withdrawal, but after he owed me about 50 dollars AND the storeowner money too, I stopped giving him money and rides.

I always felt really bad for him because he was so lonely. He's had girlfriends but he always ends up cheating on them or they got tired of his bullshit. He called me his best friend a lot. I tried to help him but he didn't want to listen. Through it all, I guess I learned that some people have no friends for a reason.

The fact that the ankle monitor can analyze data on your body to such a degree is actually kind of terrifying.

And also the thing about torque wrenches man.. seriously what the fuck? You use torque wrenches all the time, hell I bought one back when I decided to change my own spark plugs and I'm glad I did because they're useful. Guy seems like a complete retard that would have died at a young age if it weren't for society keeping the weak and stupid alive.

when i read these threads, all i can think is 'you guys are too dumb to teach people about how cars work'

I think the guy was on drugs, if I had to guess, I mean even an amateur would realize not to do that.

About your question, actually I have taken mine off like 15 min after driving but the thing is my engine doesn't overheat. It is a bmw I6 though so it gets pretty hot nonetheless. If you think your engine is overheating then I would wait a few hours minimum.

>I think the guy was on drugs, if I had to guess, I mean even an amateur would realize not to do that.
Huh, don't know why I didn't even consider that. I'd say it's a pretty good assumption that he got high and would do something really fucking dumb then.

Only 15 mins? I would have though an hour or two minimum. Like I said though, I'd heard so many stories growing up that I'm paranoid about the radiator pressure now.

You seem like a good guy user, I mean I always try to be a good person too but I wouldn't feel bad for someone who fucks themselves over or gets dumped because they cheated, that's just stupidity that they need to learn from.

And anyway sometimes people are alone for other reasons. I've always done all I can to help people I know and make them feel better when they're upset or unhappy yet I have almost no one. I guess it might be because I'm really depressed and people don't want to be around someone who just isn't happy. Or maybe it's because I live in california and I refuse to behave like a shithead.

Yeah I mean it hissed but nothing violent. The coolant was low so I had to add some more and some water.

If you're really afraid then just wait an hour, better to be safe than sorry anyway. Either way don't put your face directly over it and wear gloves if you're uncertain.

He has died once. It was a few months before I hung around him though.

>Driving the same altima around
>Goes to his dealer's house to pick up coke and xanax
>Dealer tells him not to overdo it, a friend of his went hard one night on xanax and coke and ended up overdosing (I'm guessing on the coke and the xanax just masked the effects until it was too late)
>Friendo disregards, ends up arguing with the dealer over some coke he thought was his or something
>After buying coke and xanax, dealer kicks him out, pretty much tells him not to come back
>Friendo does about 8 bars and a lot of coke
>Trying to find someone to ride around with, they all tell him to fuck off because he's too high
>He gets pissed in a blacked out coked up rage
>Just starts driving around crazy
>Doing 40mph in a parking lot, passes out behind the wheel
>crashes into the back of a parked truck at 40mph
>The airbags don't go off because of fucking course they don't
>Front end is completely destroyed, the bumper vaporized, the relay/fuse box now relocated to the opposite corner of the engine bay
>Paramedics arrive and pull his mangled body out of the car
>Gets taken to the hospital and afterwards to jail for felony DUI and prescription fraud (something he had been doing for years, but somehow after the wreck they found enough evidence to convict or something)
>According to the paramedics when he passed out, his heart stopped due to the cocaine but the force of his chest colliding with the steering wheel managed to revive him, all because the airbags didn't go off
>Car wreck was a life changing event for him, until about a year later when he started doing drugs again

I don't know if I believe the whole heart stopping thing but it's a pretty amazing story if that part's true. Still amazing regardless though. The passenger side fender was inside of the windshield and the hood was now inside of the passenger seat, so if he drove around with anyone else they would have totally died.

I usually have an old rag that I put on the cap while I'm turning. It would at least contain some of the splash if there was one.

>According to the paramedics when he passed out, his heart stopped due to the cocaine but the force of his chest colliding with the steering wheel managed to revive him, all because the airbags didn't go off
That's incredible, I mean really, that parallels on unbelievable. Fucking amazing that the airbag malfunction is what brought him back from the brink of death. And yeah I'm glad you weren't in the car with him dude.

Yeah you'll be fine, I mean it won't soak it all obviously but it will keep it from spraying onto your face so don't worry. I think as long as you wait a bit you will be okay.

Heard something similar said by my sister when I was driving her to work.
>Accelerate to get onto highway
>Hit 4K on the tachometer
>"user its really bad for your engine to hit RPMs that high"

Thanks man. I'm helping a friend with fixing his cooling system soon, so it's good to know some of this.

Sometimes it's hard being as nice of a person as I am, because stuff like this ends up happening a lot. It's easy to get taken advantage of like this, but I just can't bring myself to be mean to someone or not help somebody just because it's inconvenient for me. I guess I can't complain because I have a lot of friends because of that, but I feel like life would be a little easier if I could just say "No" every once in a while.

I'm sure you have friends though, user. I'm pretty depressed and I talk about it to people semi frequently, and they don't ever avoid me or anything. I think most people are depressed, and if you talk about it the right way it helps them out too, since they have someone who can relate to their struggles too. You'd be surprised just how many people consider you a friend. Something as simple as a "Good morning!" might be the best thing someone's said to that person that whole day, and people don't just forget about things like that.

>BMW 5 series
>been going out with a girl a few months
>shes telling someone about my car
>she tells them is an S series
>"what do you mean S series? it's a 5 series"
>"well a 5 looks like an S!"

And that's just on his skin too, just skin contact. Nothing else. He had to be careful around people that are about to spray on cologne just because being around the spray would show up on the data. He had to start using non-alcoholic mouth wash.

You're welcome user, good luck with fixing that cooling system.

It is hard being a nice person in general, people all around you are ready to take advantage of it or attack you because they mistake kindness for weakness.

I have just a few friends, a few online and just one in person who barely hangs out with me since he moved to another part of town. I never talk to anyone about being depressed, I feel like it would just push people away because I've always believed that I should keep everything to myself. Maybe you're right in that I brighten up people's lives more than I think but in general I'm very difficult on myself and don't give myself credit. You are a good guy and I'm glad when I see that there are other people on this earth trying to make life better for the people around them.

My 5 series brother, no offense but it sounds like she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer

>"what do you mean S series? it's a 5 series"
>"well a 5 looks like an S!"
kek

Not exactly a small town. About 200k people I believe, but the north end is pretty much a different city with probably around 75% of the entire population. Sucks about James though, how long did he get? The Dude I've been talking about was looking at 28 years for 14 counts of prescription fraud, but they managed to get it down to just 1 count, along with felony DUI, no prison time and only probation. Most of that was because the DA handling his case was fired/charged with tampering or something because he was caught doing fraudulent things with other cases, so most of WisdomWrenchAnon's case was invalidated or re-examined. Life has given this guy so many chances and he keeps throwing them all away.

>have to pay the government for the privilege of them monitoring your blood

America: Land Of The Free

>It is hard being a nice person in general, people all around you are ready to take advantage of it or attack you because they mistake kindness for weakness.

That feel man. I'm probably too nice to people and it's starting to break me. I was on a first date with a girl and she was saying how something just arrived at her ex's place that was about 40 minutes away. I figured since we'd had lunch and I didn't have anything else planned, I figured a nice drive down there would be fun (which it was, I love driving and the conversation was nice). After that we started making other plans but the theme of me driving for each one of them became apparent, including driving her and a few tipsy friends home some Friday nights.

In the end I've actually cut off a few friends and totally vented my opinion on them. Probably a dumb thing to do but being taken advantage of got to me.

If I recall right somehow he got 12 months suspended sentence. If he fucks up again though, shit will be pretty bad I imagine.

You can slide a piece of bologna between the ankle monitor and your ankle and sweat as much alcohol as you want and you're good to go

Well you gotta let them know why you're ditching them. Some people are completely oblivious to the things they do, and sometimes they might think you ditched them for something selfish or something. I'm pretty guilty of just cutting off people and not saying anything to them, but I feel like maybe they'd try and better themselves if you let them know why they're a piece of shit. Then again, if they're a piece of shit in the first place the "constructive criticism" will probably go over their head.

>In the end I've actually cut off a few friends and totally vented my opinion on them. Probably a dumb thing to do but being taken advantage of got to me
I've had the exact same experience man, driving "friends" everywhere because I was one of the only ones with a car, and they never even gave me a few bucks for gas or even tried to make it up to me. I barely even got a thank you most times. I've had friends borrow money and not pay me back for weeks or months. Break expensive things and promise to compensate me but never did shit. In the end I cut off literally all of those people, didn't vent about it because honestly I realized they were beneath me and weren't worth getting worked up about. I'm glad that living in a world with so many rotten, selfish users hasn't changed us or dissuaded us from being kind but it's all still painful nonetheless.

>Some people are completely oblivious to the things they do

Oh they knew already, I'd reminded them if they fucked up. Usually it was something like us making plans and then them sleeping in or cancelling but not even telling me. Even a damn text message would be enough notice but they were pretty oblivious to how much it pisses people off. Pull that shit on an employer and you'd be fired but pull it on a friend? No they just figure that's fine.

I tell them and usually end with saying that I hope they learn from it and become a better person but that they've fucked me around too often to have that chance with me again.

Damn I mean in a way it's good that we discourage people from crime but that would suck to be chemically-observed at all times.

That's clever, but does it really work?

What's really made things easier for me is just doing things as if I won't receive any sort of compensation, unless it was like something worth more than 100 or so. I already enjoy doing nice things for people, like working on their stuff for free and giving them rides, but only if I can afford to take a hit on gas money or time. If they plan on paying you back, they'll bring it up; if you have to bring it up, then they'll probably try and worm their way out of paying. If they don't try and make it up or pay me or anything, then I won't try and help them out anymore. Fuck, even a "Thanks user you really helped me on that one" would be enough, but some people can't even do that. They just think it's owed to them by the universe for being such a good boy today.

Meanwhile, at the station,
>"Fuck, why is this man's blood suddenly 100% salt?"
What do you even do then, tell them you replaced your alcohol addiction with a League addiction?

Yeah man I hear you, I don't do nice things for compensation anyway, that would just be labor. But after like the 5th time driving someone somewhere you think they would think "let me give this guy a dollar or two for all the gas and time he's spent" or simply "let me tell user how nice of him it is to have helped me out". Most people are so full of themselves that they just expect help from you as if it's entitled to them by God's will. It sickens me enough that I contemplate trying to change as a person and just only helping myself, but people are bad enough as it is and it won't help change anything if I behave like them. I'm just so wary of people now because I can tell from a mile away what kind of friend they will be that it makes it hard to form new relationships.

They don't give a fuck about us user. They do it because it's expensive as hell and they make some serious bank on it. When you're on probation like that, you're already having to take drug tests a few times a month, or once a month at least. And you have to show up for probation at THEIR convenience, so they might schedule it right in the middle of a fucking work day, and if you don't show up on time then you're going back to jail. Don't forget about paying for parking too for those federal buildings. Probation is a very expensive and stressful ordeal and the cities do it that way to make more money off of us.

Buy some redline Water Wetter, thank me later

Audible kek

Yeah this is all true, I'm sure there are better ways to rehabilitate people who break the law but this is the most lucrative "method". It's sad when you realize how corrupt civic systems really are.

It's not about rehabilitation, it's about making money firsthand and punishing people second. Then they go on and do it again and they make more money until eventually he lands in a for-profit prison before the cycle repeats.

Not that guy but thank you for this user. Even though it may not be the easiest way to go through life, doing the right thing and trying to help others get back on their feet is a great way to find satisfaction in your own life. You just have to understand that sometimes people won't take the help or use it to help themselves, and that's not your fault. I don't know why you're depressed, but I really do hope you get better soon -- you're a genuinely sweet person and you deserve to be happy too.

Good night and sleep well user, tomorrow will be better.

yeah she's going to sue you if she doesn't even want to pay for fucking antifreeze.

>driving muh rotard around
>Kid in passenger seat
>Side bitch in the back
>Hit 4k in a roundabout
>"user stahp y'arr, like, breaking tha car"
>Wat
>Wot
>All the way to 9k

The time thing pisses me off to no end. I can't stand it when people blow things off you scheduled, or if they're like 5 hours late and act like you're the asshole for getting mad. Like there was this chick I was seeing, and she'd always make plans to hang out with me at least 3 days out of the week, and then she'd just cancel or act like she didn't say anything. Last time she cancelled because her boyfriend didn't want her leaving the house. Like I knew he was in the picture but she would talk shit about him all the time and they weren't together, or at least I didn't think so. Turns out a lot of the reason she'd want to hang out with me would be to make him jealous, but she always talked about what a scumbag he was for ignoring her or hanging out with other girls, pretty much everything she was doing to him. People are fucking shitty man. About a year after that happened I went and saw her before I moved far away and she was talking about how one of her friends is a bad person because she was acting racist, but not 15 fucking minutes earlier this thot was telling me about how she got an abortion because the baby was black.

Some people are just fucking trash man. I just can't rationalize how some people think, it's really dumbfounding sometimes.

>talking about how one of her friends is a bad person because she was acting racist, but not 15 fucking minutes earlier this thot was telling me about how she got an abortion because the baby was black.
What the fuck man.

It just seems like everyone I know is like this. The only people in my life that don't do this are my gf and best friend. It should be no surprise that I really don't have anyone else anymore since I was always dealing with everyone's lazy ass concept of time.

I was meant to see one girl a long time ago and we'd arranged the night before, set a time and place etc. The day comes and I wait around. After about half an hour, I call her to see what's going on and it turns out that my call woke her up. It was 2pm on a Wednesday and she was still asleep. I didn't talk to her ever again and after that last call she never tried to contact me either. Just goes to show what I have to deal with all the time and I can't really take it anymore.

During the driver education around here the instructors constantly told how your mpg supposedly gets shitloads worse if you ever rev any higher than 2000 rpm. If they teach this elsewhere that could contribute to this belief.

Personally I don't believe that driving at 1999 rpm vs 2001 rpm matters to either your speed or mpg at any meaningful degree but what do I know?

Probably from people over-revving cold engines and assuming that it's equally bad for a warmed up engine

>Buy a toyota, they are reliable

This was true in the 90's though, same for Honda's. A late 80's Accord is nearly unstoppable.

That's what Ron Paul was talking about when he was talking about the prison industrial system.

Maybe it's from the cold start up to never rev more than 2k rpm

Maybe this finally explains people who randomly slam on the brakes while driving on the highway.

wait so he used like a few inches of semicircular metal?

don't expect an answer for something that never happened

He was just dumbshit parroting about switching crank driven fans to electric fans. 12v motors have become more efficient so a lot of older vehicles can improve fuel economy and whp.

It goes well beyond the unbelievable. How would the paramedics possibly have known that? I bet his ankle shackle told them. Nah, lots of EMTs are christfags and love to take opportunities to lay some low-key Jesus loves you (e.g. this happened for a reason) shit on people who are in a susceptible state. Probably does more good than harm but it's still bullshit argument from authority.

Go post in /k/ about first aid sometimes. Without fail, some "EMT" always shows up and talks the dumbest shit imaginable.

It's like the US specifically selects retards to be paramedics. It's astounding how dumb they are. This shit doesn't happen in other countries. They're super belligerent, too. Awful bedside manner.

Yep, just a semicircular piece of metal was his suspension. I guess I should have elaborated on that; he began by cutting off half a coil and putting that back in, and when that wasn't low enough he would cut off an entire coil, then 2 coils, and so on and so forth. So by the time he was finished ruining his springs, he probably had at most 1 or 2 coils to work with anyways if he ever wanted to salvage any of it.

at the time of the accident, he had no ankle monitor. I think the paramedics were just pulling shit on him with the whole heart stopping thing, but the fact that someone else had just died because of the same drug combo (from the same dealer no less) was probably a factor in the whole "I died and the crash brought me back to life" deal.

You're right though, about it doing more good than harm. That crash really made an impact on him. He had a serious addiction to drugs and several failed attempts to stop using, and after they told him about the dying thing, he felt like he was reborn or something. But that crash is what really set all his legal troubles into play,

So I've heard this one before from a few people but could never find any information proving or disproving it, so I figured I'd ask you guys

>V6s are worse on gas than V8s
>This is because a V6 has to work harder to produce what a V8 can
>Hence, a V8 works less than a V6 does to do the same amount of work

A lot of people have told me that, even some who were fairly knowledgeable/skilled mechanics.

reminds me of the classic
>It's safer to drive 120 or even more on the highway, since you'll spend less time on the road where you can get into a crash.

Holy Beautiful

A friend has 1.6 MX5 and never revs it over 4k because "it's not making much power up there anyways"

Depends on gearing, weight, driving style etc.

There are a few examples where the V6 gets horrifying mileage. Usually it brings the results of V8 vs V6 mpg to "comparable", if not driven like an ass.

Accelerating with high revs constantly certainly fucks your mpg.

In short: engines achieve maximum efficiency at full throttle at the peak torque. Obviously that's not very usable in the real world, but that's the basics

If the car can sustain the speed at peak torque, it should be more efficient than a larger engine as the larger engine will have to throttle the down more

That can be true in some cases, an engine that's underpowered for the car's weight will use up more fuel than a more powerful one, because you have to rev the shit out of it just to be able to drive normally. It's definitely not the case that all V6s use up more fuel than all V8s though, there are way more variables than that.

Some faggot tried to tell me that Group C was not the best Le Mans class

Its complicated and depends on displacement, type of driving and weight of vehicle. What is for certain is that a v8 will always having more beof arings and other contact surfaces, w hich means out a v6 and v8 of equal displacment the v8 will have more internal losses. This largley sums up the popularity of the I4, go larger and you have more internal losses, go smaller and you become unbalanced resulting in more internal losses.

I had an 04 silverado with a V6; 2wd, 5spd, SWB, on 33s. I constantly got 13mpg.

Friend has 04 silverado with 5.7 V8; extra cab, 4x4, 35s, auto. He got 17mpg when we would fo the same trip.

friend has 1.6l focus and never full throttles it when we "race" because "it doesn't make much difference anyway"