Veeky Forums-Terraria General (not to be confused with Traditional Gaming)

1.3.6 SPOILERS
pastebin.com/y9B4xqXw

>For new players getting started
terraria.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

>Wiki
terraria.gamepedia.com
yal.cc/r/terranion

>Terraria Servers
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxC8tM4dYFNzHhV7nZU2-XRYumuseGfAsXVegvDfnRw

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Terraria: Otherworld
pastebin.com/7c9gXdiK

>MODS - Inventory editors, world generators, trainers and more
forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/119/

>TerraMap - map viewer
terramap.codeplex.com/

>TShock - Server client
tshock.co

>TEdit - World view/editor
binaryconstruct.com/games/tedit
binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Moon_Lord_strategies#Arena_2
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quality-of-life-rebranding.57856/
terraria.gamepedia.com/Daedalus_Stormbow
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/
terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Liquids#Infinite_Liquids
raw.githubusercontent.com/csnxs/Terraria/master/Terraria/NPC.cs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do modifiers in fact effect the speed of pickaxes? Because I've been reading different places that state it makes no difference. Therefore is there any reason to use a Pickaxe vs a Drill?

I think it might only affect swing speed, ie. how many times you can do damage.

terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Moon_Lord_strategies#Arena_2

>Swap out your Spooky Armor with your Beetle Armor.
>Swap out the Summoner Emblem, Destroyer Emblem, and Hercules Beetle with the Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, and Worm Scarf.

Is this outdated? My dragon gets smaller when I try to switch.

You're depriving yourself of minion slots, meaning a smaller dragon. But, a trait of summons makes it so they summon with the damage of your current equipment, so when you swap over to defensive gear it keeps the damage but you become beefier.

So is there an real advantage of using a Pickaxe vs a Drill?

Yes? Pickaxe swings all around you, a drill is just a glorified copper short sword. You can actually defend yourself while mining with a pickaxe, which makes the drill just useless in every regard.

>GRealm has magic weapons that rain fish types from the sky

highest quality

Anyone know what mod adds these mini dungeon like biomes and where to get the keys needed to open these chests? There's also tiny ice houses in Snow Biomes that I've found that have locked chests that need some kind of key to open them, I assume they are from the same mod.

Yes, they do.

how many hours of work does this take w/o cheats?

Just kill the mobs that spawn in that area, they sometimes drop they keys. Same for the Snow Biome

Rollin, pls dont make me have to do something crazy this is my first house on this world.

Fuck

Any tips on the house? What should I build on the flat surface on the left?

Having done this kind of thing before without cheats, it largely depends on whether you have some form of floatation and what tier of pick you're at, because the majority of your time will be spent digging the tunnel. Filling in the side-blocks is easy once you've got the track down, as is the background, it's the digging that takes forever.

The last time I did it, it took me like 6 hours. It's honestly not worth it these days when you can just throw down teleporters to everywhere in 3 minutes.

I wish there was a mod that combined banners. Or at least put extra ones to some minimal use.

Maybe something that let you combine banners to increase their area or something?

That, and combine different banners into some type. Like crafting an "all slimes" banner out of every individual slime banner, with the apex being the generated sum of every other banner crafted together.

Quality of Life mod

>locked until mod creator's return

warm

I might just steal that greenhouse design

You sure?
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/quality-of-life-rebranding.57856/

>for the current version of tModLoader v0.10
>when no other mod has updated to that yet

And I have to download it manually like a retard because the mod browser functions only for the latest version.
As well as all the other mods, some of which don't even have a legacy version.
Because fuck compatibility, right?

That's more of a tModLoader faut, for not allowing you to download previous versions of mods.

What are some good small mods that dont add alot of content?

>space update finally made Starbound good
>general will come back never ever
feels sad man

Pickaxes mine stuff faster. Also that that other user said.

>XXX update finally made Starbound good
Yeah, no. Fuck off. I'm not falling for this shit again.

I have no fucking idea how you're even supposed to beat the fucking Destroyer. It's just a fucking mess of a fucktrillion fucking unavoidable lasers. Twins and Prime were more than doable, because you can actually dodge them but this fucking trash is just shitty fucking cancer.

>destroyer
>harder than twins
what the fuck are you smoking
just get wings and a penetrating weapon; the drones that come out of the body drop health, and it doesn't split to fuck you over like the EoW does

terraria.gamepedia.com/Daedalus_Stormbow

You know how they could make drills better?
By making them mine multiple blocks at once.
Like a 3x1 row.

Going through old maps, rediscovering some abandoned projects. Man, I'm even too lazy to play videogames. I'm a fucking mess.

That's cute

You're cute

Reinstalled it after i saw the trailer to give it another chance. Only time i played was after the release.
only thing that's really pissing me of so far is the performance really.
What seems to be lag in an offline game with enemies stopping and rubberbanding around and the framerate sinks to 15 fps or lower in certain locations/situations.
Apart from that it doesn't feel as shitty as before anymore. I'd still rather play terraria if I weren't burned out on it right now.

Too bad I'll never get through the rest of that gigantic borefest to get to that teeny tiny "fun" part, yeah no I'm not doing that shit.

Indisputable

Kinda want the same picture, but with similar Calamity bosses instead

Yeah but one thing.
>worm scarf
If BoC gave something as good as that, it'd be indisputable.

T-thanks for advice..

bump

>Calamity just added a 7th accessory slot
Jesus fuck

can you get 8 with the demon heart?

>post moon lord boss rush and sprites that don't fit: the mod

is it possible for worlds to load without certain items?
Just started playing again on an old expert file and remembered I stopped playing because I couldn't find a lava charm
Just spent two hours this morning looking for one with spelunker pots, kill me

bump

i really like this game but holy fuck the inventory system really annoys me
im sick of making chests just to store all the random shit i get and when i need something i have to go through all of them because theres no search option

Just use this then
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/

Better sprites than Thorium's, holy fuck those are ugly

It's possible, it took me 5 worlds to get an aglet

Be more organized. How can you have so many problems with such a basic thing? Just name your chests shit like "armors" or "weapons" or "accessories" or stuff like that. Are you fucking dumb, son? You even have item frames to help you know what a chest has without even hovering over it to see its name.

>Want to make mods because I don't want to ask people to do it for me
>Install TmodLoader, then Visual Studio
>Turns out I needed to install a bunch of other shit that wasn't baseline to Visual Studio

I'm already hating this process. Anyone have any experience in making mods? Even if it's making one item or two.

Does the infinite honey not work with the block split or multiple pumps?

It does, but it's slow.

How come mine only comes out of the top left pump? Did I fuck up the wiring?

One entry can only be connected to one exit.

Oh, I see.

>Turns out I needed to install a bunch of other shit that wasn't baseline to Visual Studio
What other shit are you talking about? You can literally use notepad and then compile to tmod files in the modded Terraria game. For references, you just need Microsoft XNA, and then select the tmodloader exe file from your Terraria file.

You meant Tremor, you NIGGERKEK

>Using Pumps - An input pump will remove up to the four "blocks" of Water on it and send the same amount to ALL Outlet Pumps. Meaning, if you had one inlet pump connected to say, multiple outlet pumps, every single outlet pump would "output" four "blocks" of water meaning you would multiply the water. This is by far the quickest method to generate large amounts of liquid as the process could be automated with a 1-second Timer. However, this only works if the inlet pumps are completely submerged.
terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Liquids#Infinite_Liquids
The wording here makes it sound like you can connect a single inlet to multiple outlets. Is that not the case?

>fit in with the vanilla game and follow the same style
>ugly

you probably meant this

Basically just templates for stuff. The tutorial I'm following had a lot of stuff installed, and the thing I needed was part of some pack that the program's installer had as an optional file. I didn't want 10 gigs of extra shit, so I didn't download it at first. Visual studio is entirely unnecessary, and using that was a complete waste of time?

Got any links to tutorials using notepad++ for this? I've had that installed since forever ago, but I didn't know I could do modding with just notepad.

About to start my second playthrough ever. Going to try some mods but nothing serious. Just quality of life stuff. Anyone got any recommendations? I already have MagicStorage loaded.

Daily reminder that Tremor users belong to

Use the GitHub wiki for tmodloader. There is a mod skeleton generator.
Visual Studio is not necessary, but very useful. Autocomplete allows you to search properties and functions of objects in your code. There are two main references needed for this to work, XNA and terraria.

The c sharp files can just be opened in any text editor. This is the case for almost any programming language. Tmodloader mods can then be compiled in the modded terraria game menu.

Pls respond

Hello

I've disregarded Terraria for years, despite it having the perfect characteristics to satisfy my autism, mainly because of the graphics.

But there is still an issue. There's also Starbound, and I don't know what else beyond "Starbound is more on questing and home-building" is the difference between Terraria and Starbound.

it's simple, terraria is good and starbound is not

Im looking to replay the game after not touching it for about a year, and I could have interest in using mods. Which mods would you guys recommend/not recommend and why?

Didnt get feedback last thread, here's a """finished""" build.

I dont understand these wood walls. On the first floor they are well polished but on the second floor they look like they've been chipped by rats.

In terms of "things to do" how much more does Terraria have over Starbound in percentage?

>First steps into modding
>Downloaded an example mod from the tmodloader wki
>Created a simple broadsword that oneshots everything because why the fuck not
>It works

this is a conflicting feeling. On one hand, I didn't actually do anything except edit a few values. On the other hand, I got my sprite into the game without editing another item's sprite. I sure wish there were more indepth tutorials though, especially for how the hell one makes a monster like worm enemies (including wyvern) and other more unusual monster types.

Just fucking play both games and find out for yourself which one you like. It's not that hard.

>find NPCID of relevant npc type
>search through decompiled terraria code for relevant bits
>???
>create replicate npc in tmodloader

Not as easy as you make it out to be. I'm searching for Wyvern, 87, NPC_87, and everything I can find related to the Wyvern itself, but no luck at all in any of the decompiled codes on github. Mind pointing me in the right direction? Because I'm clearly unable to find anything outside of the NPC ID and the name of each part.

Lmao, a lot

I've killed like 180 Eater of Worlds on terraria 3DS and this shitty trophy still hasn't dropped. Is it bugged or something? Like, what the fuck.

??? was supposed to mean it's pretty much impossible.

raw.githubusercontent.com/csnxs/Terraria/master/Terraria/NPC.cs
Is the decompiled source for all npc behavior. "this.type == ###" is the way to find npcid specific behavior.

Searching for the wyvern head id ("this.type == 87") gets 5 results.
The first result is the setdefaults function.
The second result is where the all the rest of the body/legs/tail is generated.
The third result sets variables that are used to determine max/min velocities.
The fourth result is the AI of the wyvern.
The last result is the items dropped when killed.

>playing on expert for first time
>tried to fight Duke fishron
>have to fight over ocean
>giant tornado closes off part of my arena
>his third stage

What the fuck? That final stage is bullshit. How do I even dodge that?

You'll see his eyes, then he dashes once. Then you'll see his eyes a second time, and he dashes twice. The third time you see him, he dashes three times. He'll then repeat the dash count; 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, etc. If you have a method of flight, which by now you should, just ascend and descend while firing where he will dash to. I used a Possessed Hatchet, but any homing weapon will utterly fuck his shit up.

Kay, I think I was trying to fly back and forth and wasn't able to avoid getting hit at all. Didn't realize straight up and down would work

For reference, I was using the truffle mount from fishing in hallow/corrupt tundra underground, and all I did was hold jump until I started to fall, then let myself fall at normal speed. Don't glide, you'll be easier to hit. Try to zig zag a little too, slightly away from the boss on his first and third dash. The second dash will almost always hit you, but twice out of six dashes is manageable. Just be sure to pass a campfire and/or heart lantern every so often for that sweet health regen.

Yeah I got honey pools, heart lanterns, campfires, and the fire wings so I should be fine.i just didn't know how to dodge him just enough to survive the third stage

After the first few fights, you'll be fine. It's all about leading his charges. Good luck on future attempts.

Thanks user, have a pic of my pupper

nothing special

>snowman cannon
suddenly im feeling ballsy enough to take on fuke dishron

Newfag here, do you guys play with one character across multiple or all worlds or play one character per world?
It's interesting how you can carry your character progress through multiple worlds and I was wondering if anyone actually takes advantage of it.

You generally have to in order to get everything you need (without mods.) You can't get both corruption and crimson on the same map, you can't have both varieties of material spawn on the same map, you might not get a pyramid or a great tree, and you might get the wrong type of dungeon. To 100% it, you have to go to multiple worlds with the same character, or at least ferry shit from other worlds into one.