Dream car thread

personaly, 1989 nissan s13 240sx se standart, engine swapped for a 2jz with twin turbos ,antilag, 5-speed transmission, 10k rmp tachometer

please don't ruin another s13

i would keep the stock parts in case i sell it or if i just wanna tinker with it

Especially by putting a Toyota engine in it.

this
They're rare enough as it is. Find another car to jizz over.

Also, a JZ would completely ruin hot it drives.

thanks seb

No Yota engines in Nissans but good taste otherwise OP.

Mine is just an S13, Eurospec so LHD, with an SR20 swap with VE heads. Would look about like this but with a body kit less aggressive and maybe white.

2jz s13 are more common than you think actually,
and i understand that a yota engien seems weird, i'll give you that

Have you ridden in a similar car? They look cool in photos but they are awful to drive on the street. Keep it simple.

Oh, I know they are common. So are many other idiotic ideas and swaps. Inline 6 engines are huge and heavy. Enjoy that weight balance.

I have, I wouldn't want mine so low.

it may be stupid, i recognize that but it would be fun to try it, but i don't know if i could daily it

The weight of the I6 is gonna completely throw off how it drives.
>but power
You could do an LS V8 swap and end up lighter, making more power, and still with a similar weight balance to when it as stock.

It's beyond stupid. it's retarded. An LS swap I could get behind. Or even a VQ35 swap. but not a JZ or RB swap. ruins the handling. There's a reason no competitive drifter in an S-chassis car uses an I6.

>There's a reason no competitive drifter in an S-chassis car uses an I6.

Wrong, I looked at some Formula D drivers and there's atleast two S15s with 2JZs in them, an 86 with a 2JZ, a Supra with a 2JZ and an E30 with a turbo S54.

>LS V8 swap and end up lighter
got it thanks user

but none of them are competitive.
try again

Not maybe in FD, but anywhere else. You didn't say "competitive at only the highest level", just "competitive".

in LHD

they are not competitive though. They will not make it to the top 16.
The car was not designed for an I6 that weighs more than your cousin Elmer who rides one of those fat scooters everywhere

Not really a "dream car", but something i wouldn't mind owning.

>NC Miata
>Grand Touring with appearance package, tan leather interior, heated seats, bose audio, LSD, Bilstein shocks, etc
>2.5l block
>DISI head
>Cosworth Supercharger
>300hp, 300tq with fat linear power band
>lowering springs and sway bars
>Big Brake Kit
>Intake/Exhaust
>Enkei RPF1'S

this pic made me suddenly like NC's

This
Why can't people appreciate stock cars?

>S13(240SX)
>Engine Swap
>2JZ
>Anti Lag
>10k Rmp Tachometer

God damnit, how old are you 9?

My dream car is a DeLorean DMC-12.
Fuck the engine, fuck the fact that it's kinda GM. THE DOORS. Aside from a Mercedes-Benz 300SL or SLS AMG it's the only memorable car that has gullwing doors. And it doesn't cost 200k or 1M USD

Also the R170 SLK 200 is pretty cool I guess

because stock 240sxes were slow, mushy and not particularly great at anything?

James Deane is literally ranked #1 in FD right now and drives a 2JZ S15

NSX Type R NA2. Stock

i do appreciate a stock 240
i'd keep the stock parts to convert it whenever i want because i don't intent on dailying the thing

If you do a JZ swap, you won't be converting shit back very easily. Have you done a swap before? Expect to remove, replace, or modify literally every component. Even little things like heater core hoses become a pain in the ass when you're trying to cobble together hoses of different diameters that are trying to point in opposite directions.

im aware but i like tinkering with stuff so no big deal

The car has a cut firewall. to help achieve the proper weight balance. fuck off.

This is a good point, they were practically made to be modded. Now, you don't have to go all the way and lower it excessively, put anime stickers and gay wheels on it.

Pic related is a tastefully modded s14 with miles better performance than stock.

Gonna import one of these tri-rotor twin sequential turbo beasts someday when I'm rich and famous

I guess OP will have to do the same.

one day.

i figure if i ever get the money to buy one i can also take it to merc and pay them to make it RHD

you think it would work if i weight reducted the front only? because i was thinking of that but im not sure its a good idea

it isn't a good idea.

thanks and why?

The reason to cut the firewall is to push the engine further back, into the car essentially.
And modifying the firewall requires welding and you can't return to stock if you fuck with the firewall

ok then thanks

Lotus Elise or Exige, new. About 25k for the first model and 35k for second, in all honesty I'll definitely be driving one in the next 4/5 years. The Elise and Exige have been my dream car for an age now, there is something it I just can't explain that makes me want one so fucking much.

As exotics go, cheap to maintain and fun to drive as well look at.

>pic is Elise

>exige

then backs look the car are insane

>I wanna buy the cleanest, stock S13 I can find!
>and what are you going to do with it???
>ENGINE SWAP! TURBO! ANTILAG! MODIFY EVERYTHING!
Your S13 buying card has been revoked.

just for events, then i would converted back to stock to daily it

You can't undo a 2JZ swap, they require you to butcher the firewall. You can't just weld it back and call it a day.
Modifying and unmodifying a car on a weekly basis would be a hassle, a 2JZ swap isn't gonna get done in a day, and all the other items are going to take more time. It is cheaper to just buy a pre-swapped S13.

Confirmed bait

go back to school

I got to met him a few weeks back in Cork. Such a sound guy.

All this obsession with speed.....
When you're this comfy, you just don't care.
Fuck other people, they'll wait.

But on the other hand,
> Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
> standard lambo 570 hp V10
> awd
> weighs 2200 lb
> 60 in 2.5 sec and tops around 210 mph
> power, grip, lightness
> only 20 made
> auction around $4.5m
Dream car

here's my s13, engine is being rebuilt

just bought a 2jz-gte twin turbo and a 5 speed the other day as well as mounts

1990 SE trim not 1989 tho

my ka24e head

It'd basically be this

Peugeot 306 Maxi V6

I dont care what you say.
This is the car of my dreams

Peugeot 306 never came out with the v6.
The 306 maxi was a rally car special and it was a 280hp 2l 4 banger, you can get the replica of the wide body kit and find some wheels that fits anyway.

Pretty sure that's what he's talking about.
3 door 306 + Maxi replica kit + PSA V6 with a 6 speed

Main expense on this plan is probably labour