So I just traded a volvo station wagon for this SVX

I feel like I came up a bit. Traded a $500 Volvo for this 1992 SVX LS-i.

1-owner
90,000miles
fully optioned with everything (including AC) still working
auto tranny is fucked

What bad trade deals have you made, Veeky Forumstists?

engine bay pic because fuckit

cute cats OP

I traded my 95 Grand Prix for Playoff tickets and of course the Giants lost

How much for the cats?

source the parts needed for manual swap those auto transmissions are known to shit the bed

STEP ONE: Cat delete.

Post weird sexy side view with them windows.

I wish they were mine, this is the PO's house.

Already have a wrx 5spd and the moore bracing kit on the way

Best pic I have right now

I own an SVX and my transmission failed as well. I plan on selling it but in the off chance I ever do anything with it I'll be putting a 4.44 auto transmission in it. If you ever get the chance look up the 4.44 trans swap if you want to get it working again without paying too much. You can source the parts pretty easily and the whole job will only run you like 500 or less if you do the labor yourself. I'd do it for my car but I'm lazy af. The SVX's are pretty solid aside from the transmission, so if you get that fixed you're good. You can also just look up the manual mod but that costs significantly more and takes more work.

>manual swap
>Commiefornia

i read somewhere that the SVX throws a transmission error code when you do a manual swap and the Peoples Republic wont let your car pass emissions when it has the check engine light on.

>he traded in his working car for a fucking unicorn with literally no spare parts available for it

1. It's a '92, so OBD1. Which theoretically means no error code.
2. The Peoples Republic of Commiefornia allows CEL's when smogging, do it with my CRX every time.
3. Fuck Cali though.

It's a good thing I have 4 barely-functional cars so I can do incredibly stupid shit like this.

I bought a Miata for $500, fixed it, then sold it for $1500. does that count?

I may be a yuuuuuge Suby faggot but that thing is fucking mint.

Take care of it, give it a big clean and it'll look fuckin' great, and then chuck that WRX tranny in it and have fun.

Don't forget to check ALL of the basics before you do anything else though, and make sure you check all the little bits and pieces you can before you but the tranny back in. Anything that would be a pain in the ass with the trans installed.

Good luck OP, it looks pretty rad. I hope for your sake there's no rust or bent structure.

good trade

That's a pretty rad project you got here OP, good luck!

Traded my 97 infiniti q45 with a bad tie rod for a shitty overheating 96 Chevy Blazer with bald tires and shot breaks. I went joyriding and drifted into a curb and hit a sewer drain and a brick wall, no cosmetic damage but fucked everything under the car but the control arm didn't let it drive. The traded that Blazer for a 96 mustang convertible, easily the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned, it was wet inside because the top leaked, the engine had to be turned on and off with a switch hard wired in the door, it had head gasket leaks and bad axles, god awful body and the mechanics of the top didn't work so I put it down and it never went back up, the engine seized up literally in the middle of the highway so I ripped my aftermarket radio out and took the tools out of my trunk and left a note saying if someone wanted the call call me and I'll give them the title, sure enough later that day someone called and I sold it for a 24 pack of beer and some pizza.

You on the svx network?

This guy in my neighborhood has a super clean red SVX that I see every once in a while. It's the first SVX that I've seen in a long time.

Nice... Honestly... You should be able to manual swap it for waaaay cheap. You just need a trans, and driveahaft if you buy the right one...

I found a 5MT for my wifes car for $200 with a rear diff... I sold the diff for $100.. And i paid $70 CAD for a new bearing, case seal, and input shaft seal to fix the old trans with...

No need for a WRX trans, all 5MT are equally shit unless its a Type R JDM one with hardened gears.