Why is it illegal to speed on an empty freeway in the United States?

Why is it illegal to speed on an empty freeway in the United States?

Faggots

americans live in a police nation, they are not free in any way whatsoever

Oh look another alphonse thread

Anyone who responds below my post is a full blown dumbass

because you have no way of really knowing its empty

I'll never understand this. At least within reason, like 90mph you should be able to without any worry about trouble. How often do people get pulled over for that though? There's retards in my fairly populated town going 70 in a 30 at like 3 am and they never get in trouble

If it's free how can you be caught

Because the roads aren't officially built to the standards of a higher speed road like the autobahn, and the speed limits are in place for normal traffic hours. Unless you pass a construction zone most cops won't give a shit, just acknowledge their presence by slowing down.

nice obsession over him

If anything this is soviet, alphonse prefers race stuff over nation stuff.

nice obsession over me

The law doesn't care how busy the toad is.

*road

is it about safety?

safety depends on how busy the road is

>Because the roads aren't officially built to the standards of a higher speed road like the autobahn

Fake news.

There is no authority or agency that officiates or standardizes speed limits based on the construction of the road itself. Instead, it's based on safety regulations. Organizations like NHSTA and IIHS compile data based on vehicle crash ratings, driver habits, insurance claims, tire design, etc to come up with SUGGESTED speeds. Unless it's a Federally-funded piece of road that's part of the National Highway System, it's ultimately up to local governments to instate and enforce their own speed limits.

>toad
dumb frog poster

>replying to a frog poster
user, you're better than this

every one is '''''freee'''''' u fuckn weeb fag
fuck off

The law is the law, it's designed for the lowest common denominator.

Doesn't matter that the road's build for constant 100mph traffic or it's as wide as your mum and as busy as your dad, the law's the law.

You don't know what true freedom is.

but if nobody else is on the road, you're the lowest (and highest) common denominator. If you can prove you're skilled enough to drive safely at the speed you were clocked at, you should be good right?

You're not above the law though, nobody is.

Because the law is for everyone, including the 80 IQ hillbilly in a rusted out ford that can not safely go the speed limit in the first place and definitely shouldn't be going over for it

This isn't germany where you might as well have to take an IQ test to drive, the cops pull you over for not getting out of the fucking way in a timely manner, opening your engine bay without certifications will get you off the streets pretty fast, and running out of gas on the autobahn is a crime.

AMERICA
ALL MEN CREATED EQUAL
That means you live according to nigger laws.

>this is what americans unironically belive

what's the point of the law if it can't be flexible to adapt to the situation? It's not like it's any safer for anyone to drive slower than necessary, especially if the freeway is empty.

being easy for high school dropout cops to enforce, for one
>complex adaptable law
>cop is confus
>every traffic stop ends in a million dollar court case

you have two options:
drive like the common idiot, and never beyond what they can do
or bar the common idiot from driving

this triggered the. m big time

Cost, ease of education/enforcement and also revenue.

If the law is constantly changing/overly complaiicated how are people supposed to be aware of/abide by and how are cops supposed to enforce it when it's so complicated?

Also speeding tickets are a great source of revenue.

how about cops shut something down when it's actually a problem?

>cops
>doing their job

Hah.

That would requires funding.

don't worry. they can get the cash off of the innocent unarmed blacks they kill on the daily

Because they need that ticket revenue. It's the same in Europe (except Germany, but even they only have no speed limits on some roads). It makes me sad that most people willingly cuck themselves to this extent in the name of "safety"

Hsve fun on these roads.

Americans can't handle high speeds. Don't even have fast trains.

>Expecting laws our filthy rich corrupt politicians make to make any sense

It's only illegal if you get caught

>cop sees me cornering 30mph over the limit
>doesn't do anything
Probably would have if I didn't crash into his cruiser.

It's not empty if there's police there retard.

That's why I follow the laws that I feel should apply to me, and say fuck the rest of them.

>the toad
He's busy stealing yo girl in his motorcar

Large country -> low population density -> public transport is not efficient -> little public transport -> people are dependant on cars -> barrier to entry must be low so people aren't stranded -> easy driving tests and lenient vehicle inspections -> cars and drivers are less safe -> lower speed limits.

The law is arbitrary. State troopers don't have time or means to count cars on the road. So some kind of wacky "less than 3 cars per mile" law would be impossible to enforce and just tie up the courts with unprovable quibbling.