Want to buy a bike but don't want to end up in the spinal ward

>want to buy a bike but don't want to end up in the spinal ward

Anyone else know this feel?

No? If you want something and accept the potential dangers. That is life.

Wear your gear and don't ride like a complete moron.

Kinda want one but I've seen way too many gore threads and liveleak videos. You could avoid the spinal ward by fast enough to die.

Buy a trike?

dont ride on the road?.

Here's how you do bikes and not die.
Rules:
1. Don't fucking daily it, especially if you drive in heavy traffic.
2. Don't drive it in shitty conditions. A big puddle in the middle of a corner could take out even the best riders.
3. Don't drive it balls out at first. Work your way into it and learn the god damn limits.
4. If you have any issues with road rage, don't buy a bike. You need to be a passive driver for your own good.
5. Always wear your fucking gear. Especially a GOOD helmet. Don't skimp on a helmet because that shit is protecting the most valuable asset you will ever own.

If you own a bike and take it out on back roads on the nice weekends and you've learned the limits of your bike, then you will have a fucking blast and won't have to worry about becoming road jelly.

I'm not saying you can't daily a bike, because you can. Just know it exponentially increases your odds of being injured or killed on a bike.

your chance to die doing anything goes up exponentially if you begin doing that thing everyday

I bought a bike without ever having ridden one before and in the first two weeks scraped myself up pretty good a couple of times. I have more respect for it now, and having a healthy fear for what can happen in the worst case scenario keeps me from doing stupid shit on it. Honestly, my stomach churns just looking at it sometimes. When you ride safely and know your bike, you can have a hell of a lot of fun.

No shit. But driving in heavy traffic with distracted drivers early in the morning or after work when they are tires are the most dangerous times to ride by far.

Only get one if you live in rural areas or an unniggered part of Europe.

I'm not cucked by my brain so no

read Also
>believing in liveleak meme

What about breathing smart guy

Just don't be a pussy bro

got him

>want to buy a bike but know nobody to teach me and too autistic to take a class

you'll probably stop breathing after you die, which means you die while breathing unless you drown or some shit

> Don't skimp on a helmet because that shit is protecting the most valuable asset you will ever own.
but I don't wear a helmet on my dick?

just squid everywhere and ride really really fast so you don't make it to the hospital.

Google it, worked for me.

this

ride in a tank top, shorts, flip flops, and a snapback

Flip the snapback backwards first though so the wind doesnt blow it off.

good tip

You are a pussy and you always will be one
no witty comeback will save you
no snarky comment will commend you
and acting like a little angry bitch in a reply to me wont un brand you with the big gaping hole between your legs
>dont want to end up in a spinal ward
dont be a fucking squid then and ride like everyone else does and should
if you are too afraid of the consequences then you shouldn't even consider the option in the first place

None of the driving schools in my town offer motorcycle courses and I hate it.

The attitudes in this thread holy kek

>As long as I stay safe, don't ride too often, and wear gear, i'll be fine
-the GS500 riding virgin
>There's a good chance I'll die but I don't care
-The GSXR1000 riding chad

you can ride safe and wear all the gear you want but a simple lowside followed by you in the path of an 18 wheeler is going to end the same way if it's in traffic on monday or on the scenic rotue on sunday. very little of what can bring you down is under your control.

all you have on a bike is injury mitigation (gear) so you can walk away from MOST crashes with a broken bone or maybe nothing, but probably something. racers in ideal conditions engineered for crash safety wearing airbagged leathers still shatter collarbones. your fatality mitigation is limited to a helmet. but, your neck can still snap and the rest of your body, as protected from abrasion and joint-shattering impacts as it may or may not be, is still fragile, and that back protector won't help much when you go spine first into a pole at 60mph. it'll only help when you tumble down the road and maybe cross over a small rock or something.

if you care about your mortality don't ride a motorcycle. it's that fucking simple.

You can use your brain if you lose your dick but you can't use your dick if you lose your brain.

>250

This is the best advice you're gonna get op.

If you're afraid of dying, don't ride.

Yeah but if you decide to stop breathing today, you'll die faster than if you continue to breathe

Is there a virgin/Chad meme for motorcycles? Can somebody please make one if not

yes. i have an old 500 and i really want to buy a cbr 600 but i already ride my old 500 like a complete dicknose tool

There's no good one yet, just one shitty one I've seen.

Yeah, OP. Make peace with God or don't ride.

Here's the real question: If you're an urbanite coastal elite, does buying a $5,000 e-bike make sense?
>as powerful as a 50cc scooter
>no license/registration/insurance required
>free parking everywhere
>can ride on sidewalks, bike paths, roads
>can lanesplit
>can take on pooblic transportations

Anything you can do to shaft the law makes sense. Just get a good bike lock, theft insurance, and GPS.

You don't have a choice in what you breathe, just that you do.

Don't breathe in anything toxic now ;^)

Maybe you should grow up then.

The road isn't a racetrack.

ok dad

250 class is pretty fun. More emphasis on perfect manuevering,lass about raw speed.

What if you live in a city? Would it be advisable to daily a bike then?

100% of people who breath die while breathing, checkmate athiests.

do it faggot
just fucking send it

I lane split through traffic with Chad today. He was on a GSXR and not wearing a helmet. Pretty great/10

Here in AZ it's stopped being so damn hot, all the bikes are coming out of the wood works. They're plebs though.

>not riding year round through 120 degree heat

Recently i've kinda been fascinated with the idea of buying a cheap 50cc moped for like $600 and using that as my daily for an in-town, 4-mile commute. Even though it's legally a motor vehicle, it looks like a bicycle, and about the same dimensions, so you could get away with a lot of shit that wouldn't fly even in groms. You can't legally park on the sidewalk, but honestly if you parked it in a bike rack I don't think most people would care. It might be neccesary to do so, though, since it only weighs like 100 lbs. Still, a very efficient way to get around, especially if you live in a state that waives insurance/registration for cycles

You can't die while breathing if you don't breathe

t.rcrfag

Tomos makes such good mopeds. I have one myself. Put a 70cc bore kit on it. My fat hog screams at 45MPH! haha!

Seriously, great investment for short commutes, or just a fun run-a-around on warm afternoons/weekends.

I put a few aftermarket parts on mine to get close to the 50MPH mark, so I can drive in somewhat regular traffic without fear of getting ran over because i couldnt get out of my own way.

How much did the big bore kit/other performance mods end up costing you? It's always good to go faster, but at a certain point money matters.

I mean, at slower speed it's not going to be as much of a danger. But you will probably get hit by a car, the car will just be going 5mph and knock you off your bike.
So it's not super dangerous. Just wear bright colors, have a decently loud exhaust (loud pipes really do save lives), and put bright LEDs all over it and keep them on all the time.
You just want to make yourself as visible as possible.

Then I'd say a bike is a good option. The only downside is, you need to park it like a car, so you're going to have just as many problem with parking. At least parallel parking spots will just be pull in spots.