What's your most unpopular car opinion?

What's your most unpopular car opinion?

Mine: A Honda Fit is the ideal car for 90% of the people, 90% of the time. Even comes with a manual.

Why do you believe this? I kind of like how the Honda Fit looks even though it makes my dick instantly flaccid

>econobox designed for everyman is good for everyman

How about manuals are overrated and outdated?

You mean a 3k civic.

VWs and Audis really aren't that bad

It's function and form in the same package.

You could say this about any car desu. 90% of people want a car to get from A to B, any car will do. Big, small, long, sort, red, green, FWD, 4WD, convertible, estate, it doesn't matter one bit for 90% of the time.

it comes automatic for those who don't want to use outdated tech

Crossovers are a good platform

Function? Sure. Form? Absolutely fucking not. It looks like a shrunken, ill proportioned EP3.

needs awd so I can use it in the snow

for what?

appeasing middle aged women who can't drive?

in general or Veeky Forums

because if just Veeky Forums

then this crossovers are the best all around vehicle

It's because you're fat

its either manual or cvt

The Corvette is better than the GTR.

I like crew cab trucks and big heavy sedans. Veeky Forums is full of book smart punk kids that dont know jack shit in reality.

In 5-15 years, the vast majority of new vehicles on the road will be electric. And this is a good thing.

Yeah, manuals are automotive fedoras. Had one as my 1st car, and 3rd, now its long out of my system and dont care to get another.

Good Cargo space
Good visibility
Good on gas
Comfy suspension

Lots of "goods", but theyre great if youre tall to get in and out of, for yourself and friends and family.
Great for kids

Bad for car enthusiast that WANNA GO FAST and feelz the road bruh, you just dont get it...

Electric cars will never have worldwide saturation without expanding and/or depending on nuclear power generation.

Furthermore with worldwide saturation, traffic will still kill the electric car.

popups serve zero useful purpose in 2017 and people who want them back are cringeworthy as fuck.

Its always fun to say that and view the different comments and opinions

Now I'll add the other line that goes with it; crossovers are a good platform, but they are marketed towards (and bought by) a majority who have no need of the positives of a crossover, and would be much better served with a sedan, stationwagon or maybe a van

R u from jalopnik

crossovers are mediocre at everything, and excel at nothing
as strange as it may sound, that is a very concentrated niche (imo)

I can't think of someone who actually would benefit from everything it has to offer, and wouldn't be better served by a more focused vehicle

bump

By outdated tech, are you saying the fit uses a dual clutch with paddles that isn't made by Ford?

I see it like that this: hybrids will take over the mass market while full electrics will remain as luxury options.

They are decent at everything, good at nothing.
Their realistic target audience almost doesn't exist. The only "crossover" I would ever consider would be the Outback and that's only because I live on a hill that is almost impossible to get on if you don't have high clearance.
Almost always are crossovers FWD slightly raised shitboxes that don't provide any practical advantages.
All normies love them because they are sit high and they give sense of security, superiority and they look like they would ride better.
A wagon would be almost every time better for the normie, but they are "yucky".
Muh 2 cents on the topic.

>implying expansion of nuclear power is a bad thing?
Must be German

user, how is this bumper called?
The blue one.

Fit is love, Fit is life

On /o…BMW really is the ultimate driving machine.

Why would someone do that to a minivan?

Nigga got this from Jalopnik

Are you saying it's a car fit for the job?

Don't most crossovers share a platform with their compact counterparts?

I think he means form as in "big enough for cargo/pax and small enough for DD in any urban area"

Frankly, I completely agree with him.

I think Subaru WRX (all versions) are ugly as hell.

Blobeye fatbody pigfat shit with guttural dissonant engine noises.

Civics are the biggest meme of all, They're tupperware cars that are bland and underpowered unless you spend way to much for an sI. Also the 7th gen civic is worst civic.

in a couple years it will be "fit for 3k", bunch of them on my cl for under 5k

Oh. Okay then then yeah, it does. I thought he was talking looks purely. Which I mean it's not horribly ugly just not something to write home about.

sex spec is cool

lel

There is nothing at all wrong with manual transmission.

The PT Cruiser GT is an underated jewel, and looks awesome with a roll pan and with a full grille like pic related, just with different wheels and a lower offset

>i drove a shitbox in manual and thought i was cool, but wasnt
>now i drive a autotragic cuckbox and think im cool
But you arent
You arent even mature, if your post is any indicator

BMW is objectively shit
Thanks for that worthless opinion, though

the chevy sonic is a great car

>really aren't that bad
Keep telling yourself that.

They're bad compromises between SUVs and wagons and consume good cars that used to belong to either category.

Second gen had a 5-speed automatic with paddle shifters. It was the third gen that switched to CVT.

This hobby is for people who make above national average yearly income and even more so for really wealthy people.

The barrier to entry isn't that high. You just need a few grand, a little automotive know-how, and a place to work on the car. But if you want to be able to compete at all in racing you need to be able to buy a nice car or afford parts in addition to needing a place to practice driving.

Aside from racing, even though you can know how to rebuild your 15 year old shit box from top to bottom, nobody gives a shit. They're more concerned with the another guy's 60k+ car even if he doesn't even know how to change the oil. Sometimes the dude with the expensive car didn't even pay for it themselves.

Am I a little jealous because I haven't got a lot of money? Maybe a little. But these are some valid criticisms.

The Chevy Bolt looks cool.

100% agree with you OP

it doesn't surprise me that they aren't more popular though