Make $70 in sales for Amazon

>make $70 in sales for Amazon
>get paid $2.80

Remind me again how this isn't a fucking scam?

What better affiliate programs are there, because this is bullshit.

Do you except them to give you 50% ?

I expect more than pennies on the dollar. Plus they've already stolen from me twice (by closing my account) because of, literally, rules that aren't publicly viewable.

You have a low percentage cause you are hardly making any sales. Start pushing numbers and you will double your percentage.

Also, market a phone case at $0.90. Same surfer buys an avionics suite for a Cessna at $5000. You get the same percentage.

Finally, what do you think Walmart's margins are? The percentage you are making is pretty normal.

>he thinks $70 is a lot of affiliate traffic

You've got to scale up, user.

4% for doing nothing is "bullshit"? You don't produce anything, you don't run a platform, you don't ship anything, you don't invest in innovation, you don't provide customer service, you don't have any kind of legal exposure, you don't create any kind of additional value for the customer. And 4% for that? Pretty amazing honestly...

sell your stuff on fb groups senpai

>advertising = nothing
user are you a retard?

I realize that. These margins are shit though, and the other affiliate programs I've looked at since starting this thread are even more shit. Advertising is prostitution with lower profit.

Unfortunately in my niche Amazon has a fixed commission, and it's low as fuck. You're right though, if people buy other things (after my sales start picking up) I'll get a much higher percentage of purchases outside of my niche.

>post links on facebook
>and get banned again for another unwritten rule
I'll have to pass. Posting links to my website could work, but what kind of conversion is that gonna get me?

Realize that you're a liability to amazon. A leech. A parasite, really. Feeding off their customers selling their products and getting a cut of their revenue. Notice how none of this is yours.
What's happened thus far is a good indication that affiliate marketing is a meme. They shut you down for some rule violation and your $ was gone? That's because you're just a guest in amazon's house.

>make sales for a business
>"a liability"
Look I know you're memeing but that's just retarded

Amazon fucks merchants just as hard. In fact, probably even harder. They take, what, 30% of the sale of an item? The only reason Amazon can get away with this shit is because they got lucky and happened to develop a near-monopoly on online sales. Currently, everyone except Amazon is getting fucked.

>Currently, everyone except Amazon is getting fucked.
And I mean that whether you're buying from them, selling through them, or advertising for them.

>advertising = nothing
>user are you a retard?

To Amazon? Yeah, they don't care. You need them way more than they need you. Also, most affiliate sales are hardly from active productive advertising or honest in-depth reviewing. Instead they come from links plastered all over the internet, hoping to attract the occasional (mis)click for basically free money.

Look, I'm not saying there aren't multipliers who deserve more for their actual effort. I'm just saying you're probably not one of them if you've spammed links of Facebook, assume that's what "advertising" means and generated a whole $70 in revenue. You think those 70 bucks wouldn't have found their way to Amazon if it weren't for you? Keep dreaming.

But you're on the right track. All you can do is move to a different system if you're unsatisfied with Amazon's conditions. But perhaps, if you think you're putting in the effort deserving of a fair compensation - maybe apply for a job in marketing? Then you'd get an actual salary and commissions instead of chasing cents from Amazon or any other online retailer.

>affiliate
There's your problem.

Meanwhile those of us actually selling products are making the real money.

>Currently, everyone except Amazon is getting fucked.
>They take, what, 30% of the sale of an item?
Even at a 30% cut they have still never posted a profit.
Amazon runs at a net negative.
Given that corporate infrastructure (warehouses, shipping facilities, assembly lines, etc.), marketing, and labor (warehouse workers, 24/7 customer support, etc) tend to get really expensive this seems like a normal % to ask of a person.
Plus when you throw in FBA (which are the only ones being charged a full 30%, everyone else is closer to 12-15%), you're practically paying them to sell your product for you.
Even if you are focusing on shit products like Amazon Basics, keep in mind that the margin on private labeled garbage isn't all that great.

But at the end of the day, they produce something of value.
You on the other hand, I think summed you up perfectly.

Advertising is a race to the bottom. Everyone wants to be an affiliate but nobody has the balls to create products that people want.

Just remember, you're competing with third worlders who will do the same work at a low low price. No risk = no reward.

Find some way to make money but taking risk and limit your risk as much as possible. That's where the real money is.

Dont worry, they'll close your account before you can cash out that first $100.

Its an affiliate platform, you risked nothing to make $70 in sales. You didnt invest in shit.

Amazon are thieves. They're rent prices would embarass even a Jew. You are seriously better off not selling through them.

Maybe they would turn a profit if they stopped trying to squeeze blood from a handful of stones and instead allowed more stones to be sold.

I die a little inside every time I read a comment about Amazon not making a profit.

>all these crabs in a bucket
Good lord I'm glad I stopped coming here.

I'll see you guys again in a few months once I'm living completely off of affiliate/ad income, working from home, not cucking myself for anyone. I'll be sure to rub it in your salty faces, and tell the 1% of Veeky Forums that isn't close-minded crabs in a bucket that the best thing you can do for success is leave this cesspit.

Ya'll motherfuckers dumb, and honestly I've never seen a more toxic community. Literally /b/ is a better place than this.

Peace out retards :^)

>I expect more than pennies on the dollar

Average corporate profit, over the last 75 years, is about 5%. You're getting 4% of the total purchase right now. How much fucking more do you want?

Amazon makes hella profit. Anyone with internet access can verify this.

But they reinvest all profits so accounting-wise, they make no profit. This is a brilliant move to avoid taxes while growing at a tremendous rate. Amazon stock is up 324% in the past year, more than tripling the S&P 500.

This is what I mean.

I just made 80$ on amazon with 32 shipped items at 2k sold. Its a pretty damn good deal. Most people buy on Amazon, you just need to serve that cookie so you get credit.

>. Amazon stock is up 324% in the past year,
This is why /biz can't have nice things

If /biz was smart they're already holding AMZ

If you want to make real money by not doing shit then make a fan page for some show, pack it full of retards for a few months, then steal a design from deviant art, submit it to a t-shirt selling site and plaster links on the fan page.

Soon it will be way less.
Amazon does not need affiliate marketing anymore.

What's this and how do I make money with it?

They give you money from holding a sign to their site, what else do you want?

Is this even legal?

Wouldn't there be copyright issues if I start selling shirts with the intellectual property of a big TV show?

>thread about affiliate marketing
>guys says to just start a tv show fan page and sell random tshirts on it
That came out of nowhere but okay.