What's your excuse for not driving Car and Driver's 10Best Subcompact Crossover winner?

Well? Why don't you drive a Kia Soul Turbo?

That car has no soul

Because I'm not a fag who'd drive a crossover.

>this is what you consider to be a hetero car

Crossover is just a fancy word for tall wagon
But I'm mean look at that thing, IT'S CUTE
Your mom has no soul, homo

Because Kia can't even beat a twenty year old car.

I want to turn one into a Trackstr 2bh

>soul
>Crossover

Does that mean the Nissan cube is a crossover too?

I mean if you park them next to eachother the dimensions and even styling are very similar.

I think Car and Driver would include them in the test if they still made them

I'm not a faggot or a woman

Didn't the mazda cx3 win though? How is the juke placed higher than the hrv? How is the soul even a crossover?

>I'm not a faggot
You sure about that sweetie?
That was last year's comparison, for 2017 the Soul won

Ugly ass rat race alphabet car

kia soul isn't even an suv. KIA doing major work to spin that one though. kudos

I know this probably makes sense in whatever 3rd world shithole you are from. You might have to elaborate to to others here. You know from places where being a namefag isn't cool.

As opposed to the pieces of art you usually see on a commute?

I don't want one.

Yes you do

because i drive a classic with a v8

No, you don't

explain to me how this scored over the hrv in terms of it being a actually good crossover? Are the manchildren who write for auto magazines still shilling sporty shit all the time? or do they actually give a fair assessment of all the cars provided/in the segment? I can reasonably say they just pick the one with the sportier components and just slap the "BEST OF" on it

All ugly ass rat race alphabet cars. All look exactly the same. All with tinny 4 cyl 6000rpm redline engines. You couldn't pay me to drive 90% of cars made after 2003, yes even some of the fast ones. The Soul looks like every other Asian econobox made after 2009. It's a cheap throwaway car that will litter junkyards in 7 years.

Except I don't, and no amount of targeted advertising will change that.

7 years is a long life for a commuter car.

Except you do, and you're more simple minded than you think you are
This is the ramblings of a teenager
It's simple, the Soul Turbo is superior in every way

84 with a small block, 33 years is a classic to most

Here's your (You).

Maybe one day your parents will buy you one.

>1984
Oh this is gun b gud, what make and model genius?
Except I have a job and don't ride the bus or rely on my parents for tendies, bye bye now

Chevy C10 Silverado, pretty pop'ler round us rednecks

>rednecks
No wonder you have such shitty opinion, bye bye now

Having a job doesn't make you special dear.

You're not above anyone else, no matter how much you convince yourself you are.

Enjoy your cheap Koreabox you think you're cool for shilling here.

>opinion
you checked yourself, mate

Who made you authority?
>Having a job doesn't make you special dear
Make me more special than you, at least I can wake up and say I'm a man, not baby getting fed by momma

>bragging about having a job in a board dominated by people who have the money to fuck around with their cars

Keep telling yourself that.

>Who made you authority?
me, nigguh

>not body on frame
Git.

>dominated
Please, there's a few who actually do something besides suspension and tires
The VAST majority are bus riders and NEETs
Ok, stay deluded
You ain't shit

this is some of the finest salt around

>Well? Why don't you drive a Kia

Fug, hyundai/kia has internet marketing
dollars to spend..

Gay car

we should ban all crossover suvs. First gen range rover or Bronco for the hunters, everybody else should admit that station wagons and even minivans were the best solutions. for the other 80% driving these things not having a family or a lot of shit to haul, get a normal car. I'm tired of this shit, they keep coming and in 10 years normal cars will be so rare and that's the end of mainstream car culture then.

Little did he know handing over the 600k...

>First gen range rover or Bronco for the hunters
We get it, you have autism.

Serious talk: What's the difference between an AWD station wagon and a crossover? "A lift kit" isn't really valid, since most crossovers ride only a bit higher or just as high as equivalent station wagons.

Most of the people I know who have brought crossovers have done so because they frequently have AWD standard, where it's either a premium option or not available at all on comparable sedans. Maybe if you live in the South or California, it's not a problem, but in the Northeast people like the performance of AWD systems in winter weather. If more manufacturers offered hatchbacks and station wagons with AWD, I guarantee you they'd take
back the market share from crossovers, considering most crossovers have shitty acceleration and fuel economy for what they are.

>Serious talk: what's the difference between an AWD station wagon and a crossover?
Not much, they're usually based off similar if not the same platform as a FWD sedan, offer the same power train choices with AWD drivetrain optional (most crossover still offer FWD on base model so yes, AWD is still an option)
The main difference comes in the design of the sheet metal itself, crossovers try to mimic true SUVs and appear truck like even though they are based off sedans, where as a wagon is just a sedan with a greenhouse over the trunk
I'm all for the crossover dying because it tries to do everything while being good at nothing, and it's a lie upon itself because they want you to believe it's a truck when it really isn't

>they want you to believe it's a truck when it really isn't
As much as this seems to get parroted around on Veeky Forums, I don't really see much evidence for it outside of Jeep (the worst offender by far). Jeep certainly wants you to think the Compass, Liberty, and Renegade have some semblance of offroad performance because that's kind of their brand image. Maybe Subaru does too, a little. However, most crossovers that I've seen, like the RAV4, Rx350, Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, etc. are mostly marketed as on-road cars, maybe with a token acknowledgement of offroad capability in the sense that you can drive it on a dirt road. The styling changes around a bit from brand to brand, but most modern crossovers look more like oversized cars than proper trucks.

I really think crossovers are popular simply because people who live where snow is a hazard simply need AWD to get by. The common refrain here is "a minivan would be better," but having been stuck in a nor'easter inside a 1999 Ford Windstar and not being able to get traction for hours,trapped only a mile downhill from my house, I can say from personal experience that a modern crossover can handle these situations far better.

Well, that and the fact that current fuel economy regulations basically prohibit putting awd in a car any smaller than the minimum definition of "SUV".

>As much as this gets parroted around on Veeky Forums, I don't really see much evidence for it outside of Jeep
Because you're only correlating offroad capability with SUVs when I'm talking design of the vehicle itself. Think about it, the SUV became popular because people didn't like the stigma attached to wagons and minivans, but the problem with SUVs were that since they were truck based their fuel mileage sucked, so then the CAFE standards get put into place and the industry had to "evolve" the SUV into the CUV for a few reasons:
>Costs
CUVs share unibody platforms with already existing sedans which helps spread costs
>Mileage/efficiency
This goes back to CAFE, since CUVs are based on cars their weight is typically lower and they share power trains which are typically more fuel efficient
>Trends
The SUV trend still lives in the hearts and minds if Americans and the wagon is still stigmatized, therefore for the product to be popular and sell, you design it with the popular trend (SUVs), and not the unpopular (wagons)

>FWD
>dual clutch auto
>30k

Would sooner buy a WRX at that price point.

>30k
Nigga what, it starts under 22k

The turbo? Not here in Phoenix. Every Kia dealer in town is marking these things up

What's the problem? It's capitalism at work, if you're going to bitch about it maybe try not live in such a shit state? If they're marking them up that means they're popular and the dealerships are seizing the opportunity to make money, if you don't want to pay for the mark-up then order one from KIA directly, they can't add a markup then because it's the agreed upon price between you and the manufacturer, or use TrueCar for fuck sake, stop being a fucking baby

im probably going to get one of these for my wife and her kids

crossovers are gay shit

How is a platform that incorporates passenger/cargo hauling with a sporty handling like that of a car a bad thing? It's the best of both worlds

I wave to fellow Minis and one time mistook the Kia Soul for a Mini Cooper Countryman

was not happy about that after realizing my mistake

FUCK Kia

and one time I was waiting in the drive thru and left some space for a Kia to get out of their parking space, and what do they end up doing? butting ahead of me in the fucking drive thru. Why were they even parked then? I'm still furious about this.

fucking HATE Kia

>I wave to fellow Minis

cargo and sporty wont ever fit in the same sentence.

Because you're supposed to fucking pick one. Then your car doesn't look like a PT cruiser.

What's wrong with the PT Cruiser? If you want to talk abominations just take a look at the Chevy HHR, holy shit what a trainwreck

>driving anything designed past 1995

Why is it so fucking hideous? What's wrong with those people?

I'd chop off one of my testicles, flambé it, and serve it garnished with ginger and leek to a covenant of nuns before I'd even consider stepping foot in this atrocity.

The little robot eyes and robot eyebrows a cute.

Or he could just, like, you know, buy a better car for the same amount of money.

>hideous
Entirely subjective
You have to have testicles in order to perform what you're speaking of
You really can't get better for starting at 22k, not with that amount of storage, mileage, and fun!