Post your BMWs bimmerfags. Also this is on Craigslist near me for $3900 and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger...

Post your BMWs bimmerfags. Also this is on Craigslist near me for $3900 and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. It's an automatic 328i Thoughts?

Beamer fag reporting in lol

too expensive, imo. if it was a 328is, maybe. the wheels and windows are blacked out and it's got those vinyl stickers, indicating it wasn't owned by a mature person. it's a 4 door and it's auto. those cars aren't cheap to repair, so keep that in mind when purchasing the car.

Thinking of an E28 or an E30, they are pretty common and cheap in my area, but I really really want a 3.0CSi, but I would probably have to search for years for one I could afford

wat do

buy an e30 in the meanwhile. i had one with the e30 stock class suspension (H&R springs and billy shocks) and it's still one of the funnest cars i've driven. i've driven lots of Audis/VWs, and a decent amount of econoboxes.

will take it under advisement. There are lots of old E30 325i's here with manuals for less than $3k

Not pretty but i love it

e39 :)

That's the ugliest e39 I've ever seen.

>tfw really want a bimmer but everyone talking about reliability and costs to fix shit even on older ones has scared me from wanting to get one
I don't know what to do. Is it really that bad on a 2008-2012 3 or 5 series? I only drive like 2-3k miles a year

i have a 08 328xi, i've only had one big problem over three years so far. If you can do your own tune ups you should be fine desu.

i changed the wheel size and accidentally turned on traction control and it completely destroyed everything connected to my wheel bearing

you can get a manual e36 or e39 that hasn't been spic'd for that money

Why don't we just make another /bmwg/ thread? Anyway here's my darling e60, runs like a dream and super comfy.

OP go for a more tasteful e39 in my opinion.

>go to check out 318ic on craigslist
>Boomer seller
>Car smells musty
>intake boots & vacuum hoses wrapped with electrical tape.
>An inch thick rib of oil + road grime just below the crank pully
>Valve cover leaking oil onto manifold
>RMS possibly out
>Auto transmission
>Listed for $1800
>Tells me "it's a 24 year old car, things leak"
didn't even bother w/ a test drive.

>just destroyed everything
This is not very reassuring
Sorry user

Well a few days ago I learned that my engine has no compression on the third cylinder. I'm sick of this car.
Ive had it since April and barely been able to drive it. I'm seriously considering parting it out and then selling the body for like 600-1000 dollars. It's rust free and only has minor dents. Any ideas Veeky Forums?
I want something Japanese.

>"beamer"
>it's not a motorcycle
Gtfo here chad

it means dont change your wheel size and you'll be fine. I went from 16's to 18's on an AWD model, which i dont think you're suppose to do.

What's your budget? Maybe you can get a used is300.

Well my starting budget is like 500. I have this car and an extremely rusty E34 530i Touring to part out. I'm pretty much betting on gathering enough money from those two to buy a different car.
I'll probably sound crazy, but I want a rotary. I'm seriously considering getting some FC that needs a rebuild for 2-3k and putting another 1k into rebuilding the engine. I feel a lot more comfortable rebuilding a rotary than I do a piston engine, just because it seems so much simpler. I also feel like I know how to keep a rotary from destroying itself, once I do rebuild it.
With the BMW, the problem really wasn't maintenance or general upkeep, it was that random "German engineering" bits kept breaking. Random hoses, heater core, TPS, etc. That's what ended up killing the engine, I believe. I feel like those won't go wrong on a Mazda, and the only part I really have to worry about is keeping the engine happy with premix and rich AFRs.

bimmer(s)

Well, that sounds crazy to me personally because I don't really know anything about fixing rotaries. I know that if you have the proper mechanical knowledge and ability to take care of them then they're good cars. If you feel confident enough in your skill that it doesn't seem like a gamble to you then I say go for it.

hey

gotta get that in a manual man. way more fun. and better for rally-cross. which is what bmw sedans do.

aye my Uncle used to do some rallying back in the day when he had an alpina built 323i, said he beat pretty much every other car and the only thing that came close was a porsche

Nice e60!

Were you the br/o/ that helped explain straight piping my e60 530i?

Thanks man and yeah, I remember you had just bought the car and were asking about what to do with the exhaust. I posted the gif of the inline 6 engine. Have you done the muffler delete yet? also post pics if you've got any

Just picked her up a few weeks ago. Had no idea it would be this much fun. Might sc in a year or two as well. Bimmers aren't for people worried about maintenance or fuel price.

you had no idea a fucking m3 would be that much fun? they're fucking great, I mean problematic at times but super fun like most bimmers. Anyway I'm a college student which is why I stuck with an NA I6 but I hope to get an M2 someday. Enjoy the car man.

bmw is great at rally. beter than a wrx or anythind american

>brother has 07 e90 328i
>door lock actuator on driver's door stops working
>orders a new one on amazon
>it arrives and we install it
>door lock actuator now works flawlessly
>but now the exterior door handle doesn't work
>our faces when

It's only gonna get worse from here, right?

didn't even know that, I was pretty impressed with my uncle's stories but I actually never knew bimmers make such great rally machines

QFT

Pic related my boosted iX

Forgot muh trippps but also the birds nest of wires has since been cleaned up. everythings really neat and tidy now. need to take another engine bay shot soon.

Needs a wire tuck badly but otherwise it's looking good buddy

>buy new HVAC sword
>blower motor fails
>replace blower
>drivers door handle assembly breaks
>order a new one
>airbag light comes on
There's just no end to this shit, is there

36ers

I'm currently trying to find a e36 project. I just wish I could find one without a damn sunroof. I just want a clean coupe to paint laguna seca blue ;_;

E90, my babe

Recently had my headlamps done, feelsgoodman

about to restore my 525i.
wish me luck

>auto 328i

rip westley

Take the whole thing out and redo the whole process. The lock was probably in the opposite position it needed to be when you put the new part in.

>Owning a BMW when your car budget is $500

the BMW E32 735i wasnt made in manual gear?

i don't think any 7 series has a manual bud

where can i read up so i know these things?

That's the budget for a new car because I just poured most of my money into it.

wikipedia, unironically

whats the price range to replace to a manual transmission?

Manual transmissions in 7-series were a thing until the E65. So yes.

The problem is not german engineering but 30 year old cars that have been run into the ground for at least a decade before you bough them.

a lot of money. it's not really worth it honestly.

Ty for the clarification. The only exposure I have to the word "beamer" was the song "beamer, Benz, or bently" and have never seen it spelled "beemer" so I'll keep that in mind.

in some markets. idk if they were available in the US.

just stay away from turbo and m models and youll be fine

ACTUALLY, i just googled it out of curiosity

Its actually prwtty straightforward, e39 yranny bolts right up,e39 driveshaft works for the 740i, i think all you need is e38 clutch pedal and shifter part. Also on 99 and up will need computer otherwise you ll get transfail safe displayed( everything shoyld still work even with the trans message)

actual message from forum

Good luck finding a slicktop in decent shape lol
You're better off buying one you want and getting the sunroof delete panel down the line

>6 328i's parked by eachother at my school
Fucking why?

F10 523i pleb reporting in

Because its for boyracers

The cat's out of the bag; BMW isn't classy anymore. They're basically the new civics.

4 doors and auto isnt cheap to repair????
whats the reasoning behind this?

Oh yay, the weekly thread where busriders and fwd econobox owners come together to tell me my car isn't a real bmw or whatever.

Its shit because its BMW
So you're right at home user

one of these are actually my dream cars can you tell me why is it shit?been seriously considering one.
i don't care about spending money on maintenance it's not like my japanese cars have been bulletproof.

if they're e36 328i's then they're boiracer mode. the 325i is the engine that takes a fuck ton of boost.

why wouldn't it be a real bmw, you sound like you're projecting pr hard bud

I own a car with a BMW engine in it, does that count?

nasty

In what sense is an m3 ever not a real bmw? Sounds like a no true scotsman fallacy to me

>hey guys I'm here to let you all know how butthurt I am
Okay? Cry somewhere else faggot

>can you tell me why is it shit?been seriously considering one.
He can tell you about his bus schedule or his mom's honda odyssey

In any case the e9X m3 is a great car, if you can afford to maintain it you will have a ton of fun

>'customized' auto 328i
maybe $2000? but might as well get a beater one for $1k

>clean manuak 328i
maybe $3900 if no issues and under 60k original miles

F80 ZCP reporting in

Ebin :----------DD Torille :---DdDDD

>tfw mine came from the factory as a slicktop but the original owners decided they wanted an aftermarket sunroof

My e93. Love it sooooo much.

>see brother is frustrated
>ask him what's wrong
>he says that 1 gallon of water spilled all over his trunk
>now his car won't start
>the doors open and lights all work
>the dash doesn't light up when the key fob is inserted
>he's afraid that he ruined something and that it's gonna be an expensive fix
>he doesn't know what is wrong or what he should do
>he's thinking about getting a new battery
>his face when

Realistically speaking, how fucked is he and if something important got damaged, how much would it cost to fix it?

Where do you get your information?
Both US M50 & M52 (325 & 328) are iron blocks and take boost well lol

did he try putting the car in a container of rice

oi u a cheeky cunt, ill giv u that m8

ooof thats some horrible rust

Can't BMW machine broke

i've heard that, but i've heard just gleaning information from forums that the m50 was more suited to boost. i don't even know why particularly.

euro m52 engines have alusil blocks.
iron blocks hold more boost reliably

I've been driving a L I T E R A L french scheisseschachtel with 51hp for the last 12 years.
Saed some money and bought pic related a few days ago, got my license plates yesterday.

At first I was happy that I was able to get the "short ones" (46cm instead of 52cm), then I realized that I need to buy special license plate mounts for the shorter plates. Meh.

Still, I love my 118.

People who own these cars are retards.

Look like shit
Perform like shit
Drive like shit

Why? Its like the german equivelent of a ricer.
A bratwerster?

all those cars you replied to are either riced, neglected or beat to shit. they just need some love and they will look good again.

except this oneit's just a stock pre facelift 5 series, the black 15 inch wheels make it look like shit, nothing wrong with it otherwise

Bimmer/boatfag owner reporting in

DD--------:

Who the fuck boosts an iX? You are insane. At ~180k (not like the odo works) the front left axle sheared apart smacked the 15" bbs rim and caused an instant blow out. I've never seen such fuckage. Amazingly this happened on the on ramp, not at highway speeds or buh bye.

Watch dem wheel bearings and tie rod ends bro.

What kind of boat do you own?

F01 740i. Heavy thing but great to cruise in. Goes pretty well too

Thot patrol standing by

i have to fix the window regulators, pray fro me br/o/s

North or South island cuzzie

>suicide car

fuck it, id do it
and if its haunted, at least ill have some company for once in my damn life

7 series are very chill to cruise in, not my thing but they are pretty nice cars.

>most of the blood stains
>most

>and if its haunted, at least ill have some company for once in my damn life
My man

damn thats really cheap for a facelift e65 750