Turbo or Supercharger for my '07 Civic Si...

Turbo or Supercharger for my '07 Civic Si? It's my daily so I want to know the pros and cons between the two in terms of reliability, longevity, etc.

Yes I have the money for it and I have the time to maintain it, so that won't be a problem.

Pic not my Si.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUuohpCn2-U
procivic.com/p/m/civic/ct-engineering-supercharger-kit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get a real car instead

i like supercharged 4bangers and V6s because you hardly ever see them out the factory.

Turbo is cheaper.

Frig off spooki

I'm sure the Civic is faster than your city bus.

>Troll instead of offering advice
Noice

I might be wrong, but as far as i know roots style super is the way to go in pros and cons. Super is cheaper, reliable low maintenance easier to install and maintain. Only con is that it does not offer as much power as turbo. i personally like the sound of a turbo vs a super, if you go super its a given you will be changing the stock air intake system. Will make the super whine very loud and sound really nice.

Also con of super, hood clearance. Make sure it fits with closed hood.

Turbo. Nicer to have the power on tap and retain all of the economy. I prefer the feel of turbos, but that's just me.

youtube.com/watch?v=QUuohpCn2-U

Get a different car, no reason to do that to a shitbox

>No reason to do that to a shitbox
>A lot of modern shitboxes come with turbos
k

>full throttle 2nd-3rd
>goes from slow to still slow

Installation for he supercharger is way easier you normally don't have to go much fab work. However through nsintancr intervals go down by ALOT oil will go from every 5000km to 1500km and all other fluids. The reason for this is because you're always in boost. The other thing is at the end of the day it is a fwd you're not going to track this thing like crazy and a turbo will give you better and more power per dollar. Also there are so many turbo kits I would recommend it over supercharger if you had a car with no kits available I would say super but overall for your Honda a turbo is best. Just my 2 cents.

8th Gen Civic Si is more fun than a 370z or Mustang.

turbo. more room to grow imo. supercharger would be more unique though i think.

The boost to cylinders chart goes like this.

4-6 cylinders: turbo charger.
8 cylinders: supercharger.
10-12 cylinders/if you're really serious: twin turbos.

All civics are awesome.

Super chargers belong on V8s. Turbos are for i4's or i/v6's anything else is sacralige IMO

>tfw factory turbo Civic

:3

Turbo seems to work better on a car that needs more top end power.

And super works good on motors that need power out of the bottom half of the rpms

Supercharger.
More reliable, easier to install, and the car would respond just like an N/A car, just with an extra whine.
The easier to install thing should sell you on it since You can have it on the road within a day versus fucking around with piping and exhaust on a turbo.

The K20Z3 is a high revving screamer. I think it's guaranteed it needs bottom end power.

It depends on what your goals are. A supercharger will be less expensive and easier to install and troubleshoot. You'll have a powerband like now, just more of it. A turbo kit will be more difficult to install and troubleshoot, especially if you get a DIY kit. But, you have more headroom for upgrades.

I'd go with a GT3071R turbo kit. You can make 500WHP with the right supporting mods.

t. former FA5 owner

For a daily driver? Neither

keep it stock faggot.

It sits on the front of the motor, no clearance problems.

>Super is cheaper

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no

get a lil baby turbo so it’s enougb power to have fun with but not too much so it lags and rips ur fuel economy to pieces

it depends on the car honestly. Some cars are cheaper to supercharge dur to the availability of factory parts. Some cars are cheaper to turbo for the same reason. HOwever, on vehicles where no option was available for that engine, a supercharger IS cheaper

Yeah, but in this case the FA5 has plenty of aftermarket forced induction support and a super would be more expensive than a turbo kit

there's a good reason for that, turbos are better in every way for small displacement low torque engines

Be sure to get forged con rods and pistons to handle the extra boost, the stock cast pistons and rods will melt, crack, bend or break past ~8psi. You'll also need new injectors and a high volume fuel pump.

And you should consider a better clutch, the stock one is usually only rated for ~200-250hp max. Look up BoostedBoiz, that faggot Kyle has a 600hp Civic that cucks mustangs.

I'm looking and seems like superchargers are cheaper, let alone the fact there's no exhaust fab being done.

700* and he chucks everybody. it’s only 600 now cause a piston blew so he just built a new fucking motor over the weekend and is using that.

dudes a goon.

Let me start by posting a super kit for the FA5 with HondataPro

I have k20z1 as daily. gonna supercharge cause comifornia smog is a bitch and at least there are 2kits that are allowed. Turbo would have to be removed each year to pass it. They already shit a brick just for a aftermarket tps my last test.

And here's the KMOD turbo kit

It blew because he screwed up the wiring which killed the engine due to running really lean. I suspect maybe that's why his con rods bent a while back. I wonder what all the bs between him and Charlie is about. I suspect it's YouTube money.

procivic.com/p/m/civic/ct-engineering-supercharger-kit.html

>$3800
>for 50whp

desu i don’t think it’s beef i think they just need more money for more shit. they don’t even have jobs do they?

they both require a hell of a lot of other modifications to not simply break shit all the time, so assuming all that is covered go turbo, no belt to worry about replacing

3770$

Round up dipshit, taxes aren't included in the price, neither is shipping
And yet still
>$3770
>50whp

CARB certified, where does your turbo say that?

>CARB certified
Who gives a shot about Cali? As far as I'm concerned I can't wait for the big one to hit that shit state and send you fucking roaches into the Pacific, keep moving goalposts for your snowflake state you fucking homo

If you're going to worry about CARB, then spend your money getting head work, cams, bolt-ons, and a tune
You'll get the same if not better performance on the Dyno while spending less and not having to shit a brick everytime you get inspected

Charlie is a diesel mechanic, according to Kyle's Facebook he works for a clothing department.