/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.

>Vita
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jun 7] Workaround allows for updating games without the latest firmware. se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-bypass-the-4-70-update-and-play-online.1648671/

Other urls found in this thread:

se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-bypass-the-4-70-update-and-play-online.1648671/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-a9lh-users-recover-from-formatted-deleted-sd-card.444161/
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for kill the cartel

Can i change cfw by just changing the boot.firm(luma) to rei's boot.firm as long as i have the reiNAND folder like i have luma's folder on my 3ds?

Next banwave to hit through June 11th and 12th in preparation for the E3.

"Mario's coin piracy reward" (I don't know the final name of the project) to be showcased soon. Basically rewarding users with virtual money they can use in the Eshop for giving Nintendo the names of people who are cheating or have modified their console.

It doesn't get funnier just because repost it

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

*reacts with confused emoji*

Can i change cfw by just changing the boot.firm(luma) to rei's boot.firm as long as i have the reiNAND folder like i have luma's folder on my 3ds?

It is time to take the news of Ps4 away.

PSN proxy is not working.

Buying N3DS was a mistake. NDS Phat masterrace.

should work

>tfw no pictochat or super mario 64 multiplayer during lunch time

nothing is going to stop you from playing sm64ds (except me, go play the superior original)
install the dsi version of pictochat

dope

not the same though can't go back to lunch time in middle school

at least you had it back when you could

Back up the luma firm and try it. Whats the worst that could happen?

Go-go gadget silence!

how long will freeshop be availiable?
I might just buy a 128gb microsd card

As long as Nintendo keep the eshop servers online

>>PS4
>[Jun 7] Workaround allows for updating games without the latest firmware. se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-bypass-the-4-70-update-and-play-online.1648671/
No longer works, Shity blocked it

>has anime pic
>calls others children

Stop being a manchild first

Rei is based tho

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post.

If it were Rei he'd straight up tell you, he's a chill dude.
I will admit that I use his high quality cfw though.

once you've hacked a 3ds, is it safe to do updates for games?

yea

thanks, I had been holding off updating Pokemon Sun out of paranoia

so my sd card gave up on me and got corrupted. tried every file recovery app related to corrupted sd cards (easeus, pc inspector, etc.) but no folder can be saved so i said fuck it and formatted my sd card.
my 3ds is in a9LH luma 7.0.5 can boot fine without an sd card inserted and it even booted the luma settings screen on a freshly formatted sd card. With the luma settings popping up, I became hopeful and tried this: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-a9lh-users-recover-from-formatted-deleted-sd-card.444161/
BUT nothing happens when i boot and try to launch hourglass9 when holding start while 3ds is powering up.

What do I do? Here's what my freshly formatted sd card looks like after doing the tutorial from gbatemp

Ok, so my Wii u gamepad is fucked. It was working fine with just a broken screen but now the touch has gone and I fucked up by trying to use drc-sim which de-synced it from my Wii u. Luckily I can still do almost everything else normally but is there any way I can use a controller other than the gamepad in home brew apps?

so my scrotum is busted and I reformatted my balls

Get a new SD card.

formatted my old one, working fine for now

>working fine
>can't boot or launch payloads
make up your mind

payloads not launching are sd card related? and i can boot to homescreen without problems, i just can't launch Hourglass9

>BUT nothing happens when i boot
>i can boot to homescreen without problems
like I said make up your mind

post your payloads folder

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE AURORA

>playing on a pc screen via ntr streaming
>playing with an xbox controller via input redirection
holy shit 2017 what a great time to be alive

Is there any mod/hack that completes the gathering/annoying missions in monster hunter so you play only the hunting missions ?

Any one that uses Save Editors on PS4 for offline/singleplayer games got confirm banned yet?

Its safe to update to 11.4? 3DS on latest Luma release.

Why does nobody understand how the chainloader works
It's bound to the start button, if there's only one payload it boots it by default
You can't bind a payload to start because that's already bound to the payload menu (well, you can, but you need to press L + Start)

A cum deficiency would explain the recent mood swings.

Taking one for the team.

Can you imagine a world where this condition exists ?

Don't have to imagine it.

Can I use an Amiibo reader on a hacked o3DS?

Yeah it works

No, once you hack it you lose all basic functionality of any accessory to ever come out. It's why the OP warns you "only hack if you're sure you're okay with this".

Fuck off with this misinfo.

Probably a long shot, but has anyone gotten Stella and Rutile on pirated D4 using a pirated D3 save? I got both from the working dumps sheet, same region, mai dumps.

Nice. I'm on 11.3 and don't plan on updating, hope the console won't ask me to update

But it works

This will sound retarded, but please answer seriously.

How do I transfer saves between the two 3DS consoles? I've got Luma and everything, but does it store the save files directly in the SD card or do I have to do some shenanigans to transfer the saves between the two different consoles?

I'm planning on buying a N3DS since my old 3DS XL has a fucked up SD card mechanism and it won't catch the SD card. Of course Nintendo soldered the entire reader so I can't even open it up to repair it myself. Fuck that.

i dont get it. what do i do? if i power on, it goes directly to the homescreen of 3ds. tried L+Start while booting btw

Hmm I don't know who to believe now
don't want to spend 30 dollars on a useless reader

I have one and it worked fine (At least in Animal Crossing)

Any happening in the Switch scene?

Ok then! It's for AC too actually

>"Thank you for calling Nintendo this is Mike can I start with your email address?"
>Yadadada
>Tell them I have an issue with connecting my 3DS to Nintendo's online services
>"No problem, I'll be happy to help you with that. Is there a parent or guardian around who happens to have the serial number of the Nintendo 3DS console?"
>Uhhhhhhh I'm 24
>"Oh! Haha perfect, in that case please read back to me the serial number of the system. It should be located in the back of the console"
>Give it to him and tell him the error code
>"Unfortunately this error code means that Nintendo has found unauthorized software modifications on your child's console and has banned you because of that. It will not be lifted"
>It's not my child's console though. And I have no unauthorized software on the system, I don't even know what that means.
>"I apologize for the misunderstanding sir. Unfortunately your wife's son must have downloaded something he shouldn't have. If you have any more questions please feel free to consult the Nintendo website."
>What the fuck, it's my console dude. I don't have kids. I swear I didn't do anything to my 3DS.
>"You're 24 years old and still play Nintendo consoles dude?" *audible laughter from a bunch of people in the background

>working fine now
Working fine _for_ now. Srsly. Get a new SD card, once they start to fail they will only get worse overtime

holy shit I just noticed that your payloads folder is on the root
what the fuck are you doing?=

Yes.

>was in middle school when DS was relevant

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

>/Removable disk/Payloads/
Holy shit nigger what are you doing?

now i get it, i have autism.

Okay now that i did the tutorial correctly. It says this while injecting FBI_inject_with_banner.app, "NCCH is already encrypted" "Health&Safety Inject: failed"

Can the PSProxy thing ever work again if he updates if Sony blocked it?
Or are we fucked? I only found out about that fucking program about a week ago, literally the day before they blocked it, I didn't have a chance to run it.

How was /hbg/ so unaware of this until a short while ago? Bad show, guys.

Not really no.

JKSM

The DS came out 13 years ago, guy. Anyone in middle school at the time is now in their mid 20s.

I'm doing a dsiware injection to get my friend's 3DS hacked, but the system transfer wants to wipe my SD card in the process. Is it safe? Will I be able to get my shit back?

why aren't you using an emunand

>dust off 3ds
>boot up devil survivor
>enter main characters name last name and nickname
>theres no default name
why the fuck is this allowed

>Remember getting one in 2006
>flash back of all the games that I have played
>tfw it feels like all of that just happened yesterday.
I won't be surprised that I'm an old geezer when I wake up tomorrow. Savor the feeling of being strong and alive while you still have time, /hbg/.

>Play RPG
>Have to roleplay
wtf?

>no mic to don't disturb his neighboor
Just.. try again.

I'm just following 3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

>3ds.guide

Good goy.

You can only load sd card payloads if the luma being booted is the one on the sd card. Get a arm9 luma and put it on the sd

I managed to boot to Hourglass9 but making an hs.app dump always fails. It shows this on the screen:
Creating hs.app…
Code / Crypto: CTR-N-HACE / 7x
slot 0x25KeyX not set up
This won't work on O3DS < 7.x or A9LH
Health&Safety Dump: failed!

As an old geezer, this is true

>choose a western name
>other characters have jap names
why is this allowed?

>This won't work on O3DS < 7.x or A9LH
gee I wonder why it doesn't work

put aeskeydb.bin in files9

FUCK B9S AND LUMA

Is anyone else getting a slow download speed on freeshop? I usually get fast download speed but today's speed seems to be cut into half.

Does anyone know why I would get an "an exception has occurred" crash with Luma 8.0 and bootstrap 1.2 while trying to patch Pokémon Moon with a code.ips?

>Luma 8.0 and bootstrap 1.2
there's your problem

The patch is probably faulty and the error just went unnoticed until now

Currently on 11.2, haven't updated since I hacked my 3DS back in January. Launched NTR for the first time in a couple months and now it's giving me an error saying my firmware isn't supported. What's going on?

>wears shoes inside
who does this?

I wonder who could be behind this post...

It's Rising Sun and Waning Moon. It always worked on a9lh but it crashes my 3DS now.

OVERTHROW THE TYRANNY OF THE TRANNY

Never mind, restarted my 3DS and everything works. Weird.

I'm still in 11.2 with a9lh + Luma3DS. Can I jump to B9S and latest Luma with 11.2?

Additionally, it's been months since I touched my 3DS, reading around the banwave could hit anyone but what's the word on someone like my situation? Thinking I might've been banned despite my 3DS not seeing any action in months.

it's a weekend

>Johnu
Fixed