/wtg/ - War Thunder General

We sea-ship captains now edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>a discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4sR4S74xQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol#Warships
youtube.com/watch?v=jTqEmXkXFWg
youtube.com/watch?v=0YIpz2sRzmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why does the premium ki-61 bring twice as less silver lions than the premium ki-43?

plane combat is shit

>decide to try out brit planes
>only have reserve planes so 1.0 BR
>up against stuff up to 2.3 BR

I was under the impression that isn't meant to be possible.

>People are still spamming G.55s and are still creating shitty shark-frenzy games, with nothing but rush tactics and kill-stealing

Okay, what the fuck? What is there to still to research Spaghetti-boos? Damn, there's only so few planes in the tree. Try flying out one of those for a change!

by being good at game

How good is it?

So...how much WT-Naval is like WOWS now?

i have met surprisingly few of those today when i flied my p-61 to get 6 fighter kills for war bonds (i usually play a whole br lower than them), maybe that's why i had a few wins instead of a series of losses... met some anyway even shot down one manually with the turret

similar excpet aiming.

literally the same torpedo aim assist, i mean literally, not merely looking close

Is it just me or is the Breda 65 kinda not shit for a reserve plane?

Generally a lot more slower than WoWS since WoWS more less turns everything's speed up by like 500%. That and WT-Naval allows for manual aim of all secondaries unlike RNG WoWS guns.

Torpedo assist is the same. Gun aiming doesn't have the lateral compensation like in WoWS so you have to compensate for your own movement at this point though some people want to adjust firing angles rather than point and click.

it's overpowered for its br

It's solid but burns like a Jap plane.

it's better than Breda 88

I expect a raise to 1.3 or 1.7 after the pizza gets stale.

As a fan of Ace Combat who got into the game for mostly jets, I am so close to the naval F2H-2 Banshee.

I might try out tanks, I have played WoT for 5 years only recently to quit, so not sure I want to pick up playing a tanks game agian...

>>up against stuff up to 2.3 BR

you have been visited by the balanced kitty of freedom, sitting right on 2.3 br with stats of about 2.7 :3
well, brits usually don't meet her

boy, ruining jet matches sure is exhausting with me having to hold the A key to not roll over

>BORE BLUNDER

I'm slowly learning to regret playing German tanks and planes. Enemy tanks tend to be functionally impervious whilst my lack of any decent sloping armour or bizarro design choices like 'hey let's make the turret the weak spot', along with side-mounted ammunition leave me pretty much dead every match even when I can actually get a long-range fight that i'm supposed to excel in.

If I want some of the bullshit to try for myself finally, should I go russian or american first? Russian has Russian Bias but American has the shit that seems to be nuclear bomb-proof.

You're just bad, no amount of bias will save you

what tanks in particular you're bad in? German tree is strongest tree in game until T5, where Soviets dominate

>He is back
Git gud, you inbred retarded.

There's none I'm particularly bad in I think, unless I actually check some stat tracker for an idea. It just feels like I'm against tanks that are all better where my tanks are meant to excel (tigers and panthers at long range fighting, tigers at being able to take hits and panthers at flanking) as well as being much better brawlers and at taking hits.

Masterful projection.

Is the Heat-FS available for the M46 now?

>tigers and panthers at long range fighting,
They excel at it. the all the long 75mm and 88mms
are some of the best guns in their BR
>tigers at being able to take hits
And they can. 85mm and 76mm will just scrach the Tiger H paint at ~700m or so while it can kill most tanks with impunity at that range, and both Tigers II are invulnarable outside of small weakspots from the front against most vehicles in their BR.
>panthers at flanking
Lol. The D is basically like the Tiger H in gameplay terms, while the A, G and F have excelent mobility and are generally better than similar medium tanks.
Germans players seen to think that their tanks should be invunarable and their only tactic should be shifting park in a spot and than delete the enemy team with impunity.

>I am so close to the naval F2H-2 Banshee
Get ready to get shit on by hunters every game!

>the all
*All

I had to go back to rank 1, because I get my shit kicked in fighting 4.0 rated tanks with my 3.7 tanks.

Not yet.

Were you the retard yesterday who got BTFO about HESH?

I think so, and I think that both the HESH guy and the guy that said that the IS-1/2 were better than the Tigers II are the same guy too.

the pace is considerably slower, a destroyer in WT handles like a WoWS battleship, not that this is a bad thing tho

No? Pretty much only other time i've been in this thread was the previous one where I asked how brit stuff was.

I have a hard time believing that anyone has trouble with not having enough SLs
I have never had money problems once while playing this game. I have over 7M SLs saved up and i have never had to grind for SLs and the only premium time ive ever had is when the game gifts it to me. So ive spend 99% of this game without premium

Let me guess, you don't spade t5 tanks?

when?

If you play planes, you will be swimming in SL even if you are a shitter.
Tanks are a black hole of money from Tier IV onwards.

>balancing issues
>SL pit
>massive research times
>incomparable RP gain to amount of work put in
Why would i ever play tanks?

Gaijin won't ever use big botes. The russian navy might lose if they did that.

>even if you a shitter.

kys, unforgivable type

Sounds like you know exactly how people have trouble with keeping their shiny kitties in the mils.

the 7Y is doing just fine right now to be honest

I honestly wonder what the guy that design that was thinking when he did it.

>spent 5 minutes chasing a dot in RB
>get to the edge of the map and realize it was a stain on my monitor

>not moving the camera around to see if it changes location
>not giving it the old scratch test

Which grass is most pay2win?

i usually do that
depression has made me lazy lately

It is just me or the average player skill in this general took a massive nosedive a few days ago?

It was planned and given serious consideration at the start, and it would have worked too, just been really time consuming, resource intensive and expensive so it was scrapped

The summer meme's not just a meme, my man.

>literally hold down RMB and move a few cm to see if the dot doesn't move

thats some laziness user

but yeah I hate when this happens, makes me all too aware how dirty my screen can be

Not entirely, I found out a very quick and effective way to gain SL: Tiger II (P), Jagdpanther or Sturer Emil and Panther A, G or F in arcade battles. 90% the time you'll be downtiered facing IS-1, T-34-85, Shermans, etc. There's no real threat to this lineup on the same BR and even if you get uptiered you'll be some trouble for your opponents. I usually make 30k-40k per match

>implying Russia needs big ships when you have a fleet of guided missile boats that can sink any WW2 ship from 20km away

Anyone know what decides the RP and SL multiplier on a tank?

will war thunder naval forces have submarines

Yes, heres a screenshot of one for US tree

Unlikely. None have been announced this far, at least.

P-38 with fiddies firing M903 rounds when?

Probably not, at least at first. They might show up later on, though.

they would be shit like the rest of """ships""" so why bother?

DDs are a lot better than the PTs were. Once they clean it up more it could be legit fun.

wow is that a real ship?

t. Wargoyming shill.
The sheer fact that people deslike that the shells you fire have your relative speed taken in account tells a lot.

Of course it fucking wasn't. Are you retarded?

It is just some guy tacticool drawings. Thankfully nothing that retarded was ever conceived, outside of maybe the pre-Pentagon Wars Bradley.

I wish we were in the Popular Mechanics timeline though.

>allies get all kind of op/undertiered planes
>still can't win a fucking game because they're TERRIBLE
Fuck this shit i'm out

SUCK A DICK GOYJONKEK

this is fun

If i'm going to sell my soul and also my belongings and buy a line of premium tanks for making infinite money, are any particular ones the best in terms of SL multiplier to bullshit OPness?

Jap corsair.

I know you said tanks, but it'll give you much better SL.

Fuck the nip corsair, the XP-55 is objectively the most broken and best sl earner at its br range.

Jap corsair gets 540% SL, XP-55 gets onlt 460%.

M46 Tiger, T29, Super Hellcat
Ru 251, Command JadgPanther, Tiger II Sla.16
T-34-100 or talisman on the T-54 1947
Strv 81

>flanking with heavies
why is it so fun and so viable

No, that post is shilling

Because by the time you get to the flank, everyone has tunnel visioned into their fights already and stopped watching the sides.

best part is coming across flankers who have enough penetration for your sides but not your front, and then watching them panic as they try to kill you and fail
or alternatively don't even notice you
Caernarvon is such a bully tank

Anyone else find it weird that Rank 1, even BR1.0, tank battles are great fun drifting about, really high speed where it's pretty much all about skill because ALL the tanks are fucking shit, whereas Rank 1 air battles are so slow and shit that it feels like playing EVE Online?

I'm really hoping naval battles go the tank route and are pretty much Initial D on water.

DDs in WT feel like BBs in WOWS and PTs can't do dick about them because secondaries are manually controlled.

Tier 1 naval is basically going to be American MTBs gunning down everything with their .50s

>don't know naval terminology for the most part or what any of it refers to relative to each other
>this could literally just be made up terms and I would be none the wiser

DD = destroyer
BB = battleship
WOWS = world of warships
PT = patrol torpedo (boat)
Capiche?

also
CV = Carrier

>late 1945 in Japan
>the scientists finally finished our secret weapon, a time machine
>the general calls me to his office
>he tells me that I am going to be using our new time machine
>he tells me it will be mounted to the new Ki-100 fighter that was introduced earlier this year
>a few days later and I'm in the cockpit, getting ready to go back to 1942
>the order comes in, I take off
>after getting in position I activate the time machine
>suddenly I appear above a fleet of Japanese carriers
>zeros are just taking off
>In the distance I can see the American fleet
>I climb toward the enemy
>get into position above the all the Americans
>engage the enemy fighters
>shoot down 15 fighters with ease before I run out of ammo
>activate time machine again
>back in 1945
>land and debrief
>tell the general about my experience
>he is pleased and tells me to talk to the scientists who created the time machine
>I find myself in a room with many Jews working on modifying the time machine, code named War Thunder
>they tell me this is only the beginning

I mean, yes, but that's unhelpful for explaining my post.

But... But there's only one D in destroyer and one B in battleship. And carrier doesn't even have a V!

>Join the high tier sim tanks event
>Lose four domination games on the bounce because I'm the only one on my team capping the zones

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4sR4S74xQ

What am I in for?

If you thought USN aircraft classifications were hard because the F4U, FG, and F3A are all the same airframe, you'd better get ready, fuccboi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol#Warships

>wargoyming is perpetrating more weeb pandering
hate gaijin for what it is, at least it isn't them

youtube.com/watch?v=jTqEmXkXFWg

when

youtube.com/watch?v=0YIpz2sRzmY

>16:20

xD

>24 torpedoes

never, they would be too OP

>OP

nah it's the other way around, while surfaced you're food for destroyers and MTBs, submerged you're too damn slow to do anything in the current map it would take you 30 minutes to get in range of the cargoships

24 total, senpai, only 10 tubes and only 6 of them face forward.