Hey guys, i fell for the vinegar and salt meme when it comes to cleaning us coins...

Hey guys, i fell for the vinegar and salt meme when it comes to cleaning us coins. Did i fuck this thing up beyond usage? Ill post results in a sec

Its red almost the entire thing over. Any gray is dimmed to almost pure white

?? It's worth $0.25

Unless you've ruined a couple thousand quarters, I wouldn't worry about it

i remember the toothpaste meme for cleaning discs, a buddy ruined his slightly scratched vidya games with that one

Send me your email. I'll pay 0.24 for this coin.

ive actually saved 2 CDs using toothpaste. it just doesn't work on deep scratches, but since it makes even tinier scratches, I can see why it destroyed your friends. the real meme is heating the disc till the plastic melts

>Did i fuck this thing up beyond usage?
Buy shit from vending machines, they don't care

Why would you bother cleaning post-1964 quarters? Are you autistic?

you have no idea

yeah, we fucking don't. Unless they are misprints like a 1969 s penny or a fucking double corn, please elaborate

The melt values is $3 per coin on 1930-1963 quarters.

I know they're silver. Hes holding a more recent shite quarter. I don't understand why he's even putting the effort in and then saying we have no idea.

Isn't that illegal?

How do you guys get your change to sort through?

I dump all my change from daily sales into a bucket and checked it recently, im canadian but I found a dollar worth of american coins, wondering whats a more efficient way to go through change.

It worth going through change individually, at least for me. I found a 1969 s double died penny and sold it for I shit you not 15k. I was 16 at the time and was looking for silver quarters and dimes.

i meant that you have no idea about my autism. it's pretty bad.

speaking of autism, i'm very orderly when it comes to change. I typically separate the coins by denomination asap.

What I meant was how do you get your hands on all this change? Any tips? I was thinking of breaking bills to buy stuff, then taking the decent coins and returning the item but it doesnt scale in the slightest, I was also thinking of going to homeless people and buying all their change off them for exact value or a tad more in cash.

For the record I havent tested any of these methods hah!

What are you gay or something?

why are you interested in collecting change?

at any rate, typically i just pay more often than not with cash, and save up the change.

Just go to the bank and say "I need x amount of dollars in this type of change." You can get practically any amount, it comes in rolls, sometimes in crates gull of rolls if you're going big enough.

You are overthinking it. There isnt that much money to be made, I just saved all my change for a year and a half then dedicated a weekend to looking for silver or misprints and I got lucky

I want to increase my odds at 1. getting american change which converts higher and 2. maybe get a rare coin.

I was thinking that but wrote it off because I assumed banks have a system to weed out expensive coins, dont banks not put old coins into circulation?

Ask for it to be circulated though

I'm an american, so getting a hold of american change in canada is something I'm not especially versed in. The only thing I can imagine is accepting american money on the DL wherever you work. I wouldn't really bother however, as rare coins live up to name pretty well.