Remember when supercars required super skills to drive, and not just super bank accounts...

Remember when supercars required super skills to drive, and not just super bank accounts? I feel this was the last of its kind

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2007/10/24/4-5-million-awarded-in-porsche-carrera-gt-case/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah well parents got tired of their oil money babies getting smashed up in rwd lambos.

I normally don't like porsches but the carrera gt is really sexy

In real life they've been rich people toys since day 1. A 918 is not easier to drive at the limit than a CGT.

Pepperidge farm remembers

You don't remember shit because you've never driven a super car

Most cars don't require "super skill" to drive. What kind of fagget drives their auto to the limit on the road anyways? You are just jealous for not affording one.

Obviously they made them easier to drive for oil brats, but don't you think it's also the natural progression of automotive engineering to make more and more power more accessible and controllable?

This faggot gets it. ABS, ESP, TCS, whatever. Electronics makes the car more manageable, but also faster.The driver has no way of controlling input on all four wheels, and driving physics are simple, meaning it's relatively easy to program a computer to do it better.

The aerospace industry realized this quite a few decades ago, and now we have fancy fly-by-wire aircraft.

>the carrera gt is really sexy
I dunno, kinda looks like the Holden ute that user was asking for opinions on

When was the last time a RWD lambo was offered

now
Huracan 610-2

The Carrera GT was know to be quite easy to drive.

It was also known to have one of the hardest clutches ever put into a stock road car, and to be quite unforgiving at or near the limit.

funny

Walter Röhrl found the Carrera GT scary. And that man has bigger balls than all the men in the world combined.

autoblog.com/2007/10/24/4-5-million-awarded-in-porsche-carrera-gt-case/

was he ok?

He was fine

Aah the glory days when cars were deliberately designed to punish you for sucking and kill you if you deserved it

Except the GTS-R doesn't exist.

:(

Better than the stretched vw beetle look of the other porsches

>Ahh the glory days when cars were horribly engineered and marketing teams used "muh raw performance" as an excuse for not knowing how to build a proper car
Ftfy

just stay off the throttle
power delivery is peaky

Kek

delete this

i prefer the non ute zagato version, thanks

Literally right now, the entry level huracan is rwd

Ugly.
Like someone stepped on a better looking Porsche.

>when supercars required super skills to drive, and not just super bank accounts?

It's ALWAYS been like that, dummy.

pretty sure the gtsr is a running prototype

You would think with the advancement of manufacturing technology, and the fact that super/hypercars aren't usually built on a line anyway, manufacturers would offer some customization for the body panels and silhouette lines.
Guess that would intervene with the perfectly designed multi-million aero

Wait...the tree wasn't even that big, like at all. How did 90 MPH do that to the car?

catastrophic blowout

okay so one of...2 RWD lamborghinis in the past 30 years

the real answer isn't the kids, it's the adults who want the automotive equivalent of a rollercoaster ride. push gas, car go fast, that's it. no thinking or quick reflexes, i just want to pay $500,000 and feel like Senna whenever and wherever.

if you have hte money, top line companies will produce something just for you, I know Rolls Royce did that recently

>No thinking or quick reflexes
Pretty sure these are required more and more the faster the car is regardless of nanny assists

i'm talking about the quick reflexes that traction and stability control have replaced

>i'm talking about the quick reflexes that traction and stability control have replaced
Modern supercars have multiple driving modes, with race/track mode turning off the traction and stability systems. You can drive with some level of electronics when on the street, and then turn everything off on track days.

mclaren, bugatti, koenigsegg, pagani, rolls royce, ferrari, bentley.
are all pretty open to it, but all car companies do it and still do.
its just more money then most are willing to spend.

> pic related. eric claptons custom ferrari SP12EC, its basically a 458 but with every single piece different on it and cost him $4m+.

forgot pic.

Trees don't fuck around

Holy fuck, the back looks more like a Lambo than a Ferrari.
Which I would've thought would look terrible, but it looks really good.

not really digging the two tone but holy shit does that look good. And this was in 2008!

meanwhile will.i.am drops a few $100k to turn a tesla into this

wtf, with the plate though?
That looks like hanzi/kanji. He kept it at his digs in Tokyo?

fuck, wrong pic
this one

Get used to it, Doug. This is how things are now.

good god that looks hideous

>Expecting a shitty actor, singer and artist from the Philippines to be any good at cars