MMORPGtier self-motivation

>be nerdy autist child
>grind mmos until you have 99 slayer
>no discipline required for 6 months of daily poopsocking

Why do u have to force yourself to work IRL even if its to figure out how to make money and be your own boss. How can you change your brain so that it shoots dopamine into your system like you're killing abyssal demons expecting a whip drop???

well do i make myself clear..

Yea
Work sucks irl is actually stressful/unpleasurable and that dopamine hit only comes when you get paid
Videogames are like a slow steady release of dat sweet dopamine

I suffer from the same condition, monitoring thread

I quit for a while after playing for ten years and felt so much better, but I relapsed

I understand WHY they're enjoyable, but what I'm pondering is whether there's a way to climb out of the skinner-box and somehow construct your real life in such a way that you can create your own operant conditioning structure for the purpose of self-control.

You buy coke you stupid faggot.
Your body really needs it

If you are looking for a website that utilizes the dopamine rushes of grindy MMOs for day to day tasks, I think there is a site for it. It was Habitica or something. You get coins as you complete your daily tasks, and get to level up your character, fight bosses, that sort of thing. It requires some self-integrity though.

Grind the micros pal.. still a wage to be made check raising donks.

you have to make all the unpleasant tasks you have to do unconscious. read about habit formation.

gamification doesn't work that well.

Games are colorful, working platforms are black and white.

Mist runes are rising.

My thoughts exactly.

Because mmos are addicted af.

When I was a young lad I made ~$1450 euros from Habbo Hotel. I traded items everyday after school and got a """job""" working with an official fansite where I was in charge of showing the average price furniture went for. I never showed what I had myself and made sure my items was raised slowly in price while i sold them off for real euros. Then repeat..

I would like to know how to motivate myself

I am working out but I still have brain fog and feel like shit. Plus I don't want to do my multivariable calc homework

why dont you just duel on duel arena for mils and make real money?
my friend can make 400$ a day from this with several accounts and large bets. Of course it will take some time before you get good and you have to calculate the odds and always check if they have changed the rules of duelling - trying to scam you. But if you can get the hang of it in a couple of weeks you'll be earning a lot of money.

>brain fog
What do you eat?

A fairly balanced diet with lots of grains, veggies and meats

"life" is just a much harder game that most people are unfit/too dumb to play. life just has a steeper learning curve and it's extremely brutal. rewards are extremely disproportionate

use money or academic success as your measuring sick

>measuring score in a sandbox
You can do anything.

>think about all the bitches you could fuck if you were swole
>apply for warehouse job
>get paid to lift

The fact that I was a confident dick online helped me change my personality offline over time.

more like fuck up your back after 10 months

if the company youre working for doesnt have a work allocation schedule to prevent this you should gtfo the second the first paycheck arrives

if they do then youre doing something seriously wrong

What the fuck is poopsocking. I need answers.

leaving the computer to go to the bathroom is a waste of xp.

So you poop into a sock instead and are that much closer to being the first warlock on your server to achieve high warlord.

Thumbs up!

You're a retard. To put it quite simply if you're both level 126 there's a 50% chance you'll win. If you do anything else than maxed whip staking you're playing very risky.

The only way to turn the odds in your favor is bug abuse. I used a bug that got me a 66% win rate and managed to make a few thousand bucks in two weeks before the bug got patched. But even with those odds there were days I would make a loss. It's plain gambling and at 50% odds you will never make a consistent long term income.

What was the bug? You can tell since it was patched anyway.

I was able to take and utilize the Glacor cave boost outside of the actual cave, giving me a subtle boost in accuracy and strength.

How did you do that?

It's draining to make decisions.

There's no surprise in a video game, they're programs. Every decision in reality that you make exposes you emotionally to it's results. Failure or success.

Quite simply by leaving the cave in a certain way, I can't recall exactly, this was 6 years ago.

Avoid refined sugar. It's worse than nicotine.

Games are designed to be continuously pleasurable.

Life is generally difficult as fuck. Getting rewarded requires doing things that most people are too lazy or too stupid to do - because they're not fun. If getting rewards in real life was fun, everyone would do it.