/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

:-) Smile, user

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

previous thread

The best UGS is the profun danksword

First for bullying the fire keeper

>DS1 humanity sprite
>DS2 level in the background

TIME
IS
CONVOLUTED

Thanks to the peeps that talked about the BKGS earlier.
I'll try the Greatsword as well since it can reach the same AR with just STR and can put some points in utilities.
Only thing missing is a poke rolling r1, but the R2 is pretty cool

>consistently outdated OP info
Whoever keeps making these shitty OPs needs to keep up.

Why is Ds3 pvp lame as shit?

Can you heal your hollowing with purging stones without pissing off Yuria?
Asking for a Londorian friend *cough*

because metashitters and 1v5s against people who can just sprint to the boss fog

Because it did not keep Bloodborne's combat

You can actually

>Buuuhuuu the Informationen I get for free is outdated
Do it yourself you lazy nigger

Don't play it then

I miss how slow DaS1 was

The thing that I miss most about bloodborne combat is the Chikage and the dynamic stance switching required to use it effectively

The netcode in that game was awful though given the speed of pvp combat

Trying to pick a best ending, is the Age of Dark comfy or bullshit?

Letting the fire fade > curb stomp > rekindle the flame > usurpation

in the age of dark linkin park and bodies by drowning pool play on loop while people cut themselves with darkdrifts

Who here likes to commit to a single school of magic(or none at all) for role play reasons and wear approprite equipment for the casters (i.e tribal / primitive gear for pyromancers, cloth / light armors for sorcs, clericy /paladin kinda shit for miracle casters) ?

All magic casters should keep a sacred chime on them for that sweet free regen

Fromsoft E3 Hopes/Expectations?

I want another Dark Souls game I love Bloodborne but Knights > everything

just finished ringed city lads

didn't enjoy it; bosses were okay but overall it was a chore, anyone feel the same?

>magic users
>using those disgusting cleric chimes that only faith-bound morons use

I like to play a darkmoon user who does both shit miracle damage and shit sorcery damage

It's pretty comfy.

>Well gee pretty much everybody I've met since waking up Unkindled has been telling me that I should link the Fire
>Fuck THAT
>Got mah Waifu
>Gonna sit here with her
>In the Dark
>Forever

Blame! Souls

Only part I thought was a chore was the gauntlet from Inner Wall to Streets

Because what DS3 needed was ANOTHER swamp, right? Fuckin' A

I want a spiritual sequel. I literally don't care anymore, I just want more bosses, weapons, level designs and Veeky Forums options. I don't give a damn that some mechanics are broken on a basic level. I just want more.

But is it true that 99.99% of everybody loses their minds and hollows out during the Age of Dark, and the 0.01% of remaining sane Dark Lords are total dickheads? I don't know if I want to fuck over my fellow man like that. Besides that, people keep saying that the Dark is cold and clammy, it sounds unpleasant.

The only parts I disliked were the fucking pussy-ass ganksquad giants and Midir's insta-kill moves

>doesn't update their copy-pasted links
>accuses others of laziness

Nobody cares about the patch notes from April, and nobody needs any of the TRC links anymore. If you're going to make a thread, do it right you fucking retard.

>the only merchant source for Purging Stones is Yuria herself
>"durr does using these things to reverse hollowing piss her off?"

It's removing the Dark Sigils that pisses her off.

I'd like a spiritual sequel to Bloodborne and / or Demon's Souls.
Btw if we're seeing anything by Fromsoft it's going to be PS4 exclusive so hold on to you butts because this general is going to be platform war shitposting for a good while.

Lies, the dark is comfortable and humanity only hollows because of the curse. When the fire goes out, the curse goes with it, and humanity can embrace their birthright.

Bloodborne Kart, exclusively on PS4 and Switch

Fear not the dark, my friend

>curse only shows up when the fires fade
>Hollows of Londor look forward to being hollows in the Darkness
>hollows still exist in the Untended Graves, which is your sneak peak at the Age of Dark
>"the curse goes out when the flames do"
uhh...

AC6, either PS4 exclusive or with crossplatform pvp (region-locked platform-locked pvp is what killed ACV).

New IP or BB2 is most likely though.

They have 3 games in the works so we'll probably get all 3, just might take a year or two.

>5 years since the release of DaS1
>still no good Artorias/Ciaran lewds

it's time

dark souls 3 is to bloodborne what dark sous 2 is to dark souls

Yeah, the curse is what keeps humans mortal. When the fire starts to fade and humans begin to die and come back, it's still doing it's job, but it's losing effectiveness. Instead of just straight up dying, they come back undead, hollowing more with each death. When the fire goes out completely, humanity is just outright immortal.

I mean, I could be wrong, because Yuria and the Sable Church in general proves that somebody can be hollow AND sane/motivated/ambitious.

>region-locked platform-locked pvp is what killed

Yeah im sure it had nothing to do with the terrible pvp balancing issues.

>Is it because they can't be parried

Big weapons are big fun. It's fun watching dex babies try to run attack into hyper armor.

A hollow need not be mad.

Unfortunately, being beef jerky is non-optional. That's what humanity looks like naturally, without the fire to lend them a semblance of life.

You're partially right. When the flames fade and Dark rolls in, there won't be anything left that keeps humans from dying of old age so they'll be immortal like the Gods.

BUT, what causes them to come back is the fact that the disparity between life vs death is propped up by fire, and it fades as the flames fade. Hence undeath at the close of the age of fire.

So your immortal supermen in the Age of Dark would still go undead, and hollow, in the event that someone were to kill them in combat -- an increasingly likely prospect given that the early days of the Age of Dark would be a huge pyramid scheme of people backstabbing each other for humanity in an attempt to not be hollow.

nah what really killed it was bandai half-assing and forcing them to release an incomplete product, then bandai refusing to release patches for it.

Bandai wanted to kill AC from day 1

I always got the impression that being hollowed out was physically painful. When you look at your character model, you look starved, your skin is flaking off, you look like you've got a rash everywhere, every part of you looks uncomfortably dry, etc. It can't be pleasant.

The only escape is being such an effective bully that you're one of the last guys on the humanity pile and get to keep it.

Post the comfiest locations of the series by game. Preferably non-hubs, but they're okay too.

>Demon's Souls
Shrine of Storms 4-1, atop the battlements. I love coasts and crumbling fortresses and the way the torn banners flap in the wind against a sky that looks like an impending storm is on the way.

>Dark Souls 1
Sanctuary Guardian's bossroom after you defeat it. Just a very serene, autumny scene that doesn't try to appear threatening or anything, it's just a really beautiful scene.

>Dark Souls 2
The area where Benhart hangs out at in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Just love watching the coast.

>Dark Souls
Corvian Settlement in AoA, the Library in particular. I love the aesthetic of the buildings, the village really old and I really love the contrast of the brightly white and cold exterior and the dark but somehow warm interior, especially when you hold the torch out. Really feels like you got inside from a really cold weather.

>Bloodborne
Byrgenwerth Deanery is cozy as fuck with the couches on the upper floor and Master Willem's cozy ass rocking chair on the lookout to Moonside lake. Would be a top tier vacation spot.

So I'm trying to create a viable thief build, that is, a dagger user that uses quickstep. I've been using a bleed build, but we all know those builds suck cock. So any recommendations on how to build besides not using daggers? I was thinking of dark weapon + murky hand scythe.

reminder that Straid, Fire keepers, BB's Reichterpallash and stake driver, Pursuer, Soul Spear, Catarina, Patches, O&S, Ostrava of Boletaria, Leonhard, the 3 endings, NPC invasions, Old King Doran, and the emblems on a number of enemy and player shields from DeS, AND NOW APPARENTLY THE VERY NAME OF THE SERIES ITSELF were all first referenced or created in Armored Core.

I'm having trouble with the fucking pontiff scythe guy right now, like the animation is slow as fuck but I swear hes actually instantly hitting me

ds3 sucks but this is pretty fun

Murky Hand Scythe is really good, get 26 Strength, 60 Faith, and base INT and DEX to wield it. Heavy infuse it, buff it with Dark Weapon from Yorshka's Chime and go to down with two handed R1 stabs that deal crazy damage.

>26 str

the fuck? Why str?

So if Gwyn is the guy who cast the golden fog gates, who are the people who are casting the normal white fog gates? It's obviously a spell.

Check the 2H 26 STR AR.
Now check the 2H ~30 DEX AR.

Murky Hand Scythe is unironically best on a STR/FAI build. Compare its physical AR twohanded at 26 STR Heavy to 40 Dex Sharp, 40 Dex just barely outdamages it with 14 points more stat investment.

dex really has low scaling gains until later levels, strength is usually better for any waepon that works best with under 40 physical investment.

Why is the giant archer protecting the white birch trees anyway?

Why is the early game in DaS3 so much more miserable than the previous games'? I'm making my 7th and 8th characters, and this is way more mind-numbing than I remember.

Hmmmmm

Also reminder that nothing in souls will ever be as dark as casually committing your own 100m jew holocaust for enough money to buy a slightly fancier new gun with your new pal Old King Doran

your healing circle overrides the hosts?

Because linear game design

If you're already invested into Luck, then go 18 Int with the same amount of Attunement, and you now have a dick-ass thief with utility sorceries and hard-hitting spells.

it was more of the 'fragile doll' being naked that caught me off-guard

The Giant is a descendant of Gough and the white birches grew from Dusk's staff.

Assuming that the player doesn't kill Gough, what happened to him?

this makes no fucking sense and pisses me off that it's the most logical explanation for why they threw in these references.

DS3 is just miyazaki flipping through a concept art book for DS1 and just copying anything that he can.

Never played Demon's Souls

>DS1
Darkroot Garden
>DS2
I actually liked the very first area of Things Betwixt. It was a nice way to start the game.
>DS3
The bit between the Shared Grave bonfire and the Spear of the Church boss door, with the DUGS Ringed Knight.
>Bloodborne
You already posted pretty much the only legit option

Giants aren't very smart and do things for simple reasons, like how the Giant Blacksmith smithed things because he liked the shiny. Giant Archer just probably likes the way the trees look, no other reason.

The progression is very linear and while the maps are generally really good in terms of having a lot to explore and unlock, this also means you might have to do multiple runs through the levels to get all the stuff you don't want to miss.

Like Undead Settlement generally feels like you have to run through multiple times before you're ' done' there.

>Like Undead Settlement generally feels like you have to run through multiple times before you're ' done' there.

This, Settlement is terrible for repeat playthroughs if you want to get everything relevant, especially for NPC questlines. You have to go and get Corynx, go around the bottom part to get Irina out, then dedicate at least a few minutes to killing the demon for Siegward. And that's not including killing Greatwood, getting stuff like the Sunlight covenant which is out of the way, opening up the pathway to Velka's statue and the shortcuts, getting Moundmakers unless you save it for Sirris' quest, and getting Yoel at the beginning. There's so much to just do there that feels like a checklist even compared to other monotonous tasks in levels.

Bogpill me on Valorheart. Is it worth using or is it a one trick weapon?

I mostly solved the problem by not getting Cornyx if I'm not a pyro, Yoel if I'm not a sorc / don't want the free levels or Irina if I'm not intending to be a miracle man. That cuts it down to only Ashes, Estus and Boner shard, opening door to Greatwood, Siegward's quest and getting the fuck out.

Overall Settlement isn't too bad on it's own. Too bad Farron Keep and Road of Sacrifices also have a lot of busywork to attend to, thankfully most of it's optional.

Quality build use, good and fun PVE weapon. Can catch roll shitters if you're good with it. Garbage in terms of reliability for wins or successful invasions. Don't waste your time with it on your build outside of PVE.

Taking forever to get summoned as a watchdog at sl 14. would level up but then i'd have to play the game

You're way too low a level for doggos. You'd be better off at like SL30.

I have won 100% of my fights against Watchdogs. Are you people terrible because you never get PvP or because you're so thirsty for swordgrass you keep throwing R1s out and get parried as a result?

What is a good annoying build? I don't want to kill people, mostly annoy them. I'm thinking poison but what to use?

toxic mist, rotten ghru spear/any weapon with innate poison + poison infusion, greatshield of glory or havel's, chloranthy ring +3 to counteract greatshield of glory, poison people and then block their attacks forever, enjoy hatemail

>annoy
poison rotten ghru spear, 20 luck, any greatshield

How do l people get 10,000 souls before crucifixion woods

I guess having 30% more HP lets you spam out parries without getting punished

Grind like crazy or have people drop you souls. If you need me to drop some souls I can do it

I'm thinking about starting another one of those edgy cancerous player cults for fun. I'm doing a pvp character named Memento Mori, and the gimmick is that you can wear any armour set as long as you have a dark mask, and always act friendly towards the host, but more passive aggressive towards phantoms i.e kobe-ing firebombs from long range, hitting them with dung pies, and taking any advantage you can to kill them, but never directly engaging the host

anyway, that's the end of this turbo autism, feel free to ignore

Is Ring of Blades any good on a low level character?

If you have the +2 or +3 version and are using a weapon with a non-high AR, yeah

The fuck? No, you should be SL20-25 tops for Watchdogs.

People beat Bort at around SL15-20, and then transition through Und*** Settlement at around SL20. You should only actually reach Crucifixion Woods at SL25 max, unless you got those free levels from Yoel really early on.

RobFlynn literally lets you beat Fume Knight by R1 mashing. It's mandatory on any melee build.

>need those fucking shackles so I can complete the pyromancy achievement
>Horrible at PvP
I HATE THIS GAAAAME

Doing a Str build for DS3, but I'm still fairly new to the game. What weapons should I be keeping an eye out for as I go?

Im about to cheat to give me fuckloads of slabs shards and scales, and also more respecs, and any items i missed in my 3 playthroughs on this ng+++ character ive devoted loads of time too.

If I get banned fuck it. il finally have a reason to stop playing. wish me luck.

These guys saying poison are retarded. You will never proc it and if you do they will just moss it.

horsehoof or no abuse

>Im about to cheat to give me fuckloads of slabs shards and scales
Just use the upgrades cost no materials script you idiot.

i mean yeah i probably would do that im gonna do whatever works best i havent touched CE you fucking cheater.

im still gonna give myself respecs cause I used all mine which will get me banned.

This guy saying these guys are retarded is retarded, if you apply pressure and punish item usage then they'll keep getting chipped down

With a poison ghru spear and a decent amount of luck, it should proc in like 4-5 hits at the most.