/bfg/ - Battlefield General

previous thread >>LATEST PATCH NOTES>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyzgDNPhh1g&list=PLP2MwDk1r3q3F7Oj-hF0EFFma-l2hy5UD&index=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for BF5 is actually Battlefield 5: Bad Company 3

how do i stop getting blown up by vehicles?

blow up vehicles

what do i do when i run out of c4

find the nearest support and beg him for some ammo.

Anyone here actually read Leviathan?

>other players
>responding to orders

you can't be that unlucky

They do sometimes

How come platoons are only in beta in BF1 when it was already a fully functional feature of BF4?

grazie per munizione!

Because BF1 is quite literally an intentional step backwards from BF4 in everything except minor improvements to graphical textures since DICE was nervous that BF4 was too hardcore for their target demographic.

What are the most obvious specific examples of this?

Also hopping over things in BF4 is a fucking nightmare

The female announcer voice is my mommy gf

To name a few off the top of my head:

>Visual recoil being back with a vengeance on automatic weapons, bullets simply don't go where your gun animation says the sights are aiming. This was corrected in the BF4 CTE.
>Disgusting parabolic bolt action damage model catering to hillshitters and punishing aggressive bolt action usage, the only hope for demonstrable aiming skill in a game filled with guns that don't shoot bullets where you're pointing your gun
>Inability to learn meaningful microbursting with automatic weapons due to insane spread increase per shot and horizontal recoil values, meaning it's more effective to just spray at any range regardless of where the enemy is
>Vehicles self repairing without bailing and using a tool
>No enemy minimap doritos automatically appearing upon firing a weapon (You can argue about this one but this was a learned skill that good players could utilize throughout previous Battlefield titles and gave suppressors a reason to exist. Hardcore mode existed for people that didn't like this.)
>Platoons not being ready on launch, intentionally fragmenting still-active BF4 platoons and making it more difficult for them to pub-stomp

True, webm kinda related.

>when you go 5/1 shitting with the xm25 on lockers

Also,
>no canted iron sights in BF1

>“Call to Action” mission: Play, complete, and win 3 matches of Operations between June 10 and June 18. The “Bronze” Dog Tag and a Squad XP Boost await those who succeed.

Didn't know there was a weekly mission on right now.

Jlau2013?

kek

I'm really glad microbursting is gone desu, it was fucking boring and doesn't actually require any skill. Even if what replaced it isn't really any better.

Bethesda's conference was very underwhelming

Boring as opposed to what, holding down m1 and magdumping for RNG? Come on. Microbursting wasn't supposed to be some revolutionary skill, it was just something you did.

i don't think suppressors are really thematic, so i can sort of understand why dice simply didn't bother implementing them and removed autospot on firing. and microbursting took zero skill to use

you forgot to mention the adadad spam bullshit caused by higher strafe speeds and the insanely tight hipfire spread of most weapons

GRAZIE PER MUNIZIONE!

Suppressors or not, they could have come up with some other mechanic to keep minimap play consistent with previous Battlefield titles. I know this point is debatable as to which system is more or less casual, but I was just trying to think of as many ways as possible that BF1 is different from BF4. In my opinion it's more casual in BF1 only in the sense that it partially removes a situational awareness "skill" that BF veterans were likely to be well accustomed to, giving them a leg up on brand new players.

As to your point about microbursting, it certainly takes more skill than holding m1 so I'm really not sure what your beef is with it. You can debate about how much skill that entails but BF1 was a step in the wrong direction. It's gunplay is playing-field leveling dogshit so people with good aim can't learn a firing pattern for scoring hits outside of their "intended weapon range." BF4 ain't Counterstrike, but the microburst minigame was something you could feel yourself getting better at, and BF1 has nothing in that department to offer.

holding m1 only really applies to most lmgs, smgs have optimal burst length and both smgs + slrs have optimal burst pauses past a certain range. and the chauchat low weight is more accurate fired semi auto with a certain pause length past a certain distance

you need to have a good sense of timing to pull off those optimal burst pauses and that is far more skillful than mindlessly spamming m1

>S T I L L playing this shit
LMAO

I'm having fun and satisfying autistic tendencies at the same time.

You either die a grognard, or live long enough to see yourself become the casual.

Is BF1 worth buying, lads?

for 30 to 40 bucks? yes

Yes, I have had fun with both the single player and the multiplayer.

I also just got a notification that I was banned and upon checking it was a ban that expired in 2014.

At 50% off it's a decent amount of fun you'll probably not regret.

How is the game without any of the DLC?

I see EA is charging (mostly) a fortune for each DLC.

Hard to really say because only 1/4 of the DLC is out yet. Base game is solid though and generally in the long run BF communities gravitate towards vanilla maps while all the DLC maps and gamemodes never get played.

Holy crap, did the last thread actually hit the post limit? That's something we won't be seeing anytime soon.

On the medic SLR's that have an automatic fire mode, is there any reason to keep it in semi-auto or just go full auto?

Dead game?

Dead game

WE WUZ OPERATORS etc etc

>mfw everyone unironically replying to this thread

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Is the reason BF1 feels completely unplayable at around 150+ ping due to every server being at least 60Hz? I remember being able to play on euro servers when North American ones were dead late at night without too much trouble in BF3/BF4, but in BF1 stuff like dying around corners is worse than I've ever seen in any recent battlefield title and even getting a hit to register on any target, especially a moving one, is extremely difficult.

I'm pretty sure that you can tap the semi-auto variants as fast as the full-auto one can fire, at least in the case of the 1907 Sweeper because the game rounds up fire rate but I'm not 100% on that. I would favour the Trench variant because the the hipfire benefits outweight the ease of use that the Sweeper gives.

i thought they were going to show gameplay of the new dlc?

symthicfags said that bf1 does allow for leeway to fire at max rof, unlike bf4 where clicking too fast led to jamming

there is literally no point in using the 1907 sweeper over the trench, plus the trench is probably the best medic gun for hipfiring bar none

The Sweeper is a nice weapon to get used to the medic class because of how easy to use it is, though more skilled players should never touch it.

That's why the TSNP assignment that wanted 50 kills with it really irked me. Why are DICE forcing me to play with the easiest to use variant in the medic class? At least makee the assignment cross variants.

What about the difference between the 1907 Trench and the Factory? I find the hipfire so beneficial on the Trench that I can rarely make the Factory or Sweeper work as well.

it's supposed to have superior ads spread rec and recoil rec but ever since they buffed the recoil rec of all slrs, i don't see the factory doing anything that makes it worth it. there are better guns for aimed shooting and the stupid front post of the m1907 is horrible for aimed fire anyway, one of the worst irons i've ever had the displeasure of using

stick to the trench for hipfiring goodness on the medic class and use something else like the mondragon or even the cei rigotti for aimed fire

There is a 130 ping threshold on EU and NA servers. So at a ping of 150 you'd have to lead for 20ms. It was introduced with the network """fix""".

What's the best way to farm melee kills?

>Inability to learn meaningful microbursting with automatic weapons due to insane spread increase per shot and horizontal recoil values, meaning it's more effective to just spray at any range regardless of where the enemy is

Factually incorrect. Spraying will always be inferior to proper bursting.
If you disagree you're a shitter.

>implying
>hasn't learned proper pacing of shots with weapons like the Rigotti, Model 8 and Mondragon
>not knowing how to burst the Automatico properly to use it way beyond its range thanks to aimpunch and suppression
>not knowing the correct burst times for LMGs to get insanely accurate shots at all ranges

BF1 gunplay is deeper than BF3 and 4. In 3 it was all tapping/microbursting because spread resets in 1 frame. In BF4 it was short bursts with little pauses because of spread decrease.

spraying or firing near a weapon's max rpm is usually superior within its effective range. it's only when you want to extend your range where proper bursting pays dividends

which,sadly, has turned shallowly due to accurate hip firing instead of using sights

Sneak up on Hillnigs

What maps will have the highest concentration of hillnigs?

Fao Fortress has a lot. I think Empire's Edge does too? You may be able to tag some Scouts who take to the upper levels by the courtyard on Ballroom Blitz, the spot that you access through the use of ladders. I believe those tend to be the best spots, but don't quote me 100% on that.

>Spraying will always be inferior to proper bursting.
Come on, this is BF1 we're talking about here.

>BF1 gunplay is deeper than BF3 and 4.
Deeper than BFM16A3? Okay, whatever, not worth debating.
Deeper than 4? Get the fuck out.

Grab a horse.

Do mini-grenades in BF1 have a purpose? I thought you'd get two of them or something but when you spawn with just one they just seem completely worthless.

Hey guys, LevelCap here.

When they say "play, complete, and win" do you think it still counts if you join a game that's partway through?

am i the only one that thought at first that Scandinavia was a couple of dicks

What's wrong with the thread? There seems to be a large playerbase...

you can throw them further

What is there to talk about? Memematico 2 win lmao.

You used to spawn with 2, but they removed it, making them legitimately worthless.

If you want a fully autistic breakdown and comparison to other grenades here's a vid:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyzgDNPhh1g&list=PLP2MwDk1r3q3F7Oj-hF0EFFma-l2hy5UD&index=6

>still getting thrown into empty Operations servers by quickmatch

What the actual fuck is wrong with DICE?

They're Swedish and too busy with Battlefront 2 to care.

>finally hit Cav 10 and unlock the white horse

Worth it tbqh.

I'm more concerned about the pause menu problem after starting a new operation. The entire point of not finding a new server is kind of moot if you have to quit from accidentally pausing the game.

What setting would interest you the most for the next battlefield game?

What setting would turn you off of it the most?

Info on the new game mode Supply Drop coming in the Russian DLC

>Supply Drop is inspired by the huge areas the Eastern Front of World War 1 took place on. As it was impossible to spread the number of soldiers over such a huge area and effectively cover it all, supplies were limited on the front lines, and they had to get flown in. That's where Supply Drop comes from.

>In Battlefield 1, teams fight over these supply drops, which give the capturing team all sorts of goodies - ammo, health, vehicles, and pickups for Elite classes. The team that then captures more points, wins - a pretty simple deal, all things considered. Ammo and health is more commonly found in supply drops, but vehicles and Elite class pickups are made to turn the tide of battle in the winning team's favour.

wouldn't giving the winning team shit like more vehicles and elites just make it even easier for them to crush the losing team? sounds like snowball: the gamemode

Pretty much every round already plays out like that anyway, might as well embrace it.

why the fuck havent they implemented and actual countdown on vehicles like in bf4 so i can see when i can spawn into my vehicle and never leave

the spawn system seems fucked in bf1 random who gets it pop up and who can spawn in

BRING BACK BASES WITH VEHICLES ON MAP

reminder that russian women only fought in ONE battle during the kerensky offensive of summer 1917

Recently for me it's been Fao (though the local hillnig subspecies also goes by the term fortnigs), Sinai and Grappa

empire's edge too. the hill that has the cross on top of it in particular

Oh who even cares anymore? I've been killed by more Hellriegels than actually existed in real life.

they never should've added the hellriegel, too

I'm tempted to say WWII again, but now that CoD's hopping on that bandwagon I don't know if I want to see Battlefield forced to follow after them. likewise, I don't really want to do anything futuristic.

A BF1 version of Hardline might be fun, letting you play different post-WW1 guerilla wars and insurgencies like the Irish Revolution or the Bolshevik uprising would be neat. But that might not seem all too sequel-worthy.

Just saw the new trailer for the Tsar Battlefield and WTF...

Do not tell me that is a fucking black Russian? Are you fucking kidding me? Dice are some fucking cucks in everysense.

I would love some Second Congo War guerilla ops

As opposed to what? Overwatch?

Battlefield ruined arena shooters like Overwatch for me. I can't play an FPS without a big map and vehicles anymore.

korea
>all awesome weird looking first generation helis and jets
>regular ww2 weapons mixed in with advanced ww2 weapons that came too late for the war itself and brand new 50s/Cold War weapons
>fucking up american imperialist dogs with the glorious po-2 "stalin's hammer" biplane

Battlefield: Mars

They have the geo-mod physics down well enough. I'm tired of mourning the death of THQ, I want some motherfucking Red Faction again.

Oh man I didn't know I wanted that

Wasn't Infinite Warfare about Mars? I didn't actually play it.

Nah, the entire Milky Way.

>mfw there are blatant EA shills
>mfw Bf1 deeper than Bf3/4

Dude, Bf1 is not that deep of a game, this is coming from someone who actually plays it. Don't get fucking asshurt over it, you autistic fuck, stay wrong, lmao.

Fucking this.

>Having to slow down the pacing of your shots with SLRs or be unable to hit the broadside of a barn past 20m
>Bursting with 8 rounds takes more skill than 2 rounds

This is what symthicfags and marblecuck actually believe. Despite adding so many more gun mechanics, it's hardly any more "deep" than BF3 or 4. It's probably even more shallow now since there's only "1 correct way" to play a weapon within their optimal range meta

If anyone is looking for the literal definition of armchair game theorists who don't even play their game, look right there

Confirmed for having no clue what you're talking about.
Thank you for your input.

>BF3 M16A3 1 frame spread reset microburst/tap braindead meta more interesting than proper burst timing in BF1 and proper rof on SLRs

Ay fucking lmao

I have over 2k hours in BF4 and over 500 in BF1, so try again faggot.
Just get good before you talk.

There's 1 correct way to play the weapon outside its intended range, at its intended range you can go wild with spraying and praying due to how spread works inherently.

And I play the game daily and do very well with the Model 8 and Rigotti, and I can safely say that using Medic SLRs in BF1 takes more skill than using Assault Rifles in BF3/4, especially more than 3 with it's braindead tapfire/microburst meta that takes 30 seconds to master.

>at its intended range

And there's the problem with BF1, this "optimal range" meta means weapons operating outside their intended are pretty much fucked. BF3 and 4 didn't have this exaggerated to extremes like 1. Combined with the worst fucking map design in the BF franchise in recent memory, and the gunplay hardly serves as anything but "deeper" when you get 1HKO sweetspotted by Scouts (probably the absolute worst part of BF1's DEEP gun balancing) and destroyed by Automaticos within 15m

Gunplay is like the least of my concerns with BF1 right now though, it's still a completely shit game for a vastly differing amount of reasons