Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

Camping is a Legitimate Strat Edition
Our Homes Our Safe!
This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/F8XCw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more maps when

>No server queuing function in a multiplayer game released in the year of our lord 2017
>Load the map one nanosecond too late? You get the basic bitch class fuck you
>Load on time and get the class you want? Hope you like teammates killing you for your weapon, idiot
>Shoot a cunt, HEAR the fucking gunshot, UMMM NO SWEETIE HE SHOT YOU YOU ARE DEAD BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME KIDDO
>Try to vault over something, jism like a fuckwit, try to prone on anything that isn't a perfectly flat surface, have a seizure
>All the important roles are filled by utter subhuman mongoloids
>FIVE (5) FUCKING MAPS

FUCK
THIS
SHIT

those are some cute transitions

"On the way"

From what I'm getting on TW's forums there's about five or so being made and are in decent progress

Should have some beta maps trickling in by at the very least next month

they present at E3 tomorrow

Speaking of weapons, what the hell's the BAR supposed to be used for? It's fishing rod long, heavy, chambered with a big round with only twenty rounds in the mag, so it's bad for close quarters, can't suppress, and isn't even precise. What the hell is it good for?

>ABSOLUTELY
>NOTHIN

Being an "AR" before AR's were a thing

Moreover those big heavy rounds do more work than you think

Little two round bursts of a rifle round hitting something suppresses the shit out of it

That was before assault rifles

It was designed during WW1 by none other than our lord and savior of firearms design, John Moses Browning, but it was never adequately upgraded by the US after it was adopted. Other companies and nations who used the BAR usually did some extensive modifications and upgrades to keep it up with the times.

It was kind of like an early battle rifle, but infantry doctrine hadn't really advanced enough to make good use of a weapon like it and it was too heavy.

I think you need to realize the BAR was developed and sent to war in 1918.

The lack of maps is really ruining this game for me. I like territories but it gets old so fast playing on the same 3 maps.

50+ hours in and i agree 100%. its also a fucking travesty how the US has no defending territories maps.

They have one. It's the worst map of any fps ever

oh wait it it firebase? i played that once and it was horrible.
havent even done compund yet, no one seems to play it.

Playing compound in a 64 player server is like taking a cheese grater to your nutsack.

Compound is like those 64 player metro servers on battlefield, but completely imbalanced in the defenders favor.

green berets when?

Firebase is kind of a strange map. Both teams start with a locked objective with B and C available to cap. Once one team has both they can attack the other team's locked objective.

No I'm taking about compound. Gooks attacking US in a territory map with almost no room to move. It's all about two or three choke points and the US usually wins without losing A

I can't be the only one who thinks this should've been a dlc/expack like Rising Storm 1 was right?

Is there a chance that this will be cheaper during the Summer Sale? Or am I better off biting the bullet and buying it now?

How did they fuck up hit reg this badly? How come everything related to gun play feels like complete shit compared to RO2? How come literally everything in the game feels like shit compared to RO2?

Best I could come up with. Avoid south and arty it. Go north and party it. M79s and MGs suppressing the middle tower so the US can squeeze into the tunnels and ramparts. The south tunnel is a bitch it get into but no impossible.

Wait and see

If a gook SL can't put up a tunnel within 5 minutes he should be removed from the SL position, or better yet removed from the server and shot in real life.

>How come literally everything in the game feels like shit compared to RO2?

Can't wait for RO2 fags to fuck off and die already.

>ahahah instead of making SL a class we'll just give it to random people DUDE GAME DESIGN LMFAO

it's like another early access scam except they just bypassed the early access part and released the game in alpha instead

>I can't wait for people to stop criticizing my shitty game design so I can stick my head in the sand

man I forgot what posting on cuckchan was like for awhile there

>my shitty game design
RO2 fell so far from the fucking tree that was RO:Ost I can't believe people have nearly come full circle and think RO2 is some pinnacle of a realism FPS. RS1 and RS2 never labled themselves as some successor to RO. Ironically RS1 was fucking light years better than RO2. You think Tripwire has any competent enough to make helicopters work in UE3? They couldn't even get two fucking tanks to work in RO2.

>some pinnacle of a realism FPS

I couldn't care less about realism. The gun play in rising storm 2 is not any more realistic yet feels 100 times worse than RO2. The hit reg is god awful and there are bugs left and right. Multiple bugs that I reported in the beta are still in the game right now.

I see no reason to play this over RO2 besides muh helicopters. The map design is hilariously bad as well.

>Multiple bugs that I reported in the beta are still in the game right now.
Pro tip: you reported shit bugs that were already reported by people like Ajskold or some other grunt.

>Play game
>Nobody wants to actually get on the fucking point to help cap
I shouldn't have to yell at people over the mic to get them to move their asses forward.

Welcome to the life of a squad leader since Red Orchestra, soon you will learn to hate the type of person that picks snipers with a vengeance as well.

reminder that the pc gaming show is 8 hours from now and tripwire will be presenting and please god please let them announce new maps

>get into server
>we play Hue
>game finishes
>we play Cu Chi
>game finishes
>voting ensues
>everybody votes for Hue again
>"guys we just played it"
>lel but all other maps are retarded

I hate you motherfuckers so much

So, after 140 hours of beta and 90 hours after game release I'm finally burned out. What you guys playing? I need some games.

>anything that isn't burger hill/chuchi/hue

if it isn't hill/hue/cu chi I leave

supremacy maps suck big GI nigger dick

>5 maps
>awful balance
>runs like dogshit
>bugs and glitches out the ass

yep it's a TWI game

How do they do it? Do they think it's an honor to make games that feel like they're about to crash every level load?

*blocks your path*

forgot image

Hill is fine and I get that not everybody likes supremacy, but nigga Cu Chi and Hue all day every day, at least put some Hill in there

These boys certainly know how to do up the house AND they're taking home a pretty tidy pay packet too.

I'd point you to the Payday 2 thread but that'd involve devoting more time to that game.

yes

>Payday
Shut your mouth

Oh, fuck. Forgive me. My brain's wavering. Also, the creator of that laments making it because it was intended to be a parody of a materialistic douchebag and how capitalism has ruined everything, but it's sort of become a greedy douche anthem.

You just need a coordinated push on the south tunnel immediately after capping B. If you take the tunnel C is easy to take.

post your rarest achievement fucker

I found that going prone in the first half of the tunnel with an M79 plunking it to the end of the tunnel clears them out really well.

Post achievement times.

>look everywhere to find out what that achievement is
>find nothing
I HAVE TO KNOW user

Kill 7 people in a row with the mattock without firing a single shot or using anything else in combat.

The game is a glorified beta. This shit needed like another 6 months minimum to get to a releasable state. This is most noticeable while simply moving/interacting with the environment: movement is just bad, it really feels like you are commanding a drunkard, not a soldier that's fighting for his life.

>press spacebar to vault over something
>the prompt is clearly on screen, meaning I'm supposed to vault
>press spacebar, for like three full seconds, nothing happens
>pause, press spacebar again, despite the fact the nothing has changed, two seconds later I'm vaulting

Such a fucking shame.

sweet mother of god

tfw you kill 9 guys in a row sitting pretty them trench on B (Hamburger hill) with the pickaxe and on the 7th guy you killed your gook starts screaming heigh hoo, to which the US team accuse you of hacking and tries to ban you

This isn't /kfg/

Is map making in this game similar to in KF2? I started making some maps for that and knew the basics before I realized the game is kind of shitty

tfw you kill 9 guys in a row sitting pretty in them trenches on B (Hamburger hill) with the pickaxe and on the 7th guy you killed your gook starts screaming heigh hoo, to which the US team accuse you of hacking and tries to ban you

>tfw you hear GI approaching from somewhere you didn't plan for

Somewhat. Keep in mind there still are some differences between the two - but it should be similiar enough

Are there any servers that go through all the maps round robin or are they all voting?

Some maps I have never played bc nobody votes for them so its literally just back and forth Hue/CuChi non stop, with so few maps already it's painful

This is what you get for boosting

I'm not boosting though, I'm level 45. Just got tired of the game for now.

>tfw you pull the trigger on GI and hear "click"

>tfw you pull the trigger on GI and hear "bang"
>tfw you die anyway

>people are actually spamming 'get on c' in chat on an lao
Why are the people who instalock Sl positions always clueless? I cleared three tunnels from the bottom of with one grenade as VC.

>as VC
You're doing God's work

>Watch the Huey land
>Everyone gets out and runs right in front of you
>click

Managed to swap to my pistol and luck a headshot, they were so surprised 4 of them missed me with all their magazines anyway

There's a really big lack of multiplayer FPS right now. What I really want would be something akin to battlefield but not so causal, wallet-gouging and generally shitty.

>Watch the Huey land
>Spray entire PPSH drum into the open door

>drum
pleb

>meaty thwack
>PING

yes

>PING
Nothing happens.

>PING
>nothing happens
Is there anything worse?

It's fun when you're on the receiving end and your helmet goes bye bye

>DUP
>DUP
>DUP
>DUP

>G.I. don't turn around
>3 G.I. fall over
>G.I. stop moving

>DUP
>DUP
>DUP

>3 more G.I. die

DIEN BIEN PHU

marksman on hill 2 stronk

>72 kills
>550 points
>4 kills
>540 points
this shit is retarded, kills need to be worth more the 5 exp, you can't cap shit unless you kill the defenders.

And you get more points if you kill defenders

>Telling your dumb cunt TL to fire down fucking artillery while updating marks
>He doesn't do fucking shit
>Rushes in and dies over and over
>He leaves and I slot TL in last few minutes
>Arty the fuck out of a point only I would fucking mark, then we win because cutting off the red swarm was that simple
Fucking morons everywhere

a measly 5 more points

Calling in Arty on a mark and then having the SL update his mark also updates the position of the artillery to the new position

I.e. If you call down a arty on a good mark by SL4, and then SL4 moves that mark to your teammates, prepare for TK's

Sidenote: it has to change before the artillery spawns, otherwise the artillery will spawn at the previous mark

Those are probably SL spawn bonus points, fire support points and capturing points. Looks like both played their roles properly to me, nothing wrong there.

Spawn and assist based SL is SL done right, unless they're a high speed low drag oper8er or have a very small squad

>when the VC charge into the napalm

>what if they go around?
>they not that smart

*both teams

PCGS started and they should some RS2 footage
tripwire soon

What does Professional Coin Grading Service have to do with rising storm?

imgur.com/a/F8XCw

bf vietnam maps coming

I miss this game

these screenshots look like from ps2 game

Battlefield Vietnam had so many great maps. Operation Irving in particular had Fortunate Son as the loadscreen music too.

yes fuck yes