/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Notice
A banwave targeted some but not all 3DS systems with custom firmware several weeks ago. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>News
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/uixtrs.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHW, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvzW1-rIfnM
youtube.com/watch?v=sgRVK4zYVHM
blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014756.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hoqOccunqEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=itCcs77KnU8
youtube.com/watch?v=J_w7ivVCOGk
youtube.com/watch?v=tBDfRNToaAE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>kill a monster 20 times
>no problems at all
>suddenly can't kill it once without carting myself

I'm dying, aren't I?

I've been away from the series since 4U?What's new in XX? Is Brave Style the answer to everything? Is Brave Charge Blade good or should I just Switch Axe?

Has there been a Generations Ultimate confirmation yet?

no

Brave LS and HBG crit meme cheating. That's all XX is about.

No, wait until Nintendo conference on Tuesday before asking that again.

XX is just a shitty God Eater. Brave CB is ok but Striker is still better most of the time. Striker SA is one of the best weapon out there and the new SA hunter art gives you a reason to use Axe Mode.

Is there lore on palicoes?

I unironically like chuuni Giggi armor
The weapon descriptions are sick

As long as one of them is high I'll be happy I guess. What in Brave got LS good?

>search 1 star quests
>actual hr1s doing hunts
>no crowns in sight
Can it be, /mhg/? Is 4U low rank fun again online?

>gives you a reason to use axe mode

Debateable. Very debateable. If it gave Axe some raw damage maybe but all it gives is some movement/attack speed and a finisher you will seldom get to use and is more situational than regular roundhouse finisher.

You've got huge dps, invincibility mode and can counter everything. Brave LS is just cheating.

>Nintendo conference
It's gonna be a 25 min direct.

Looked up some stuff. Would Tempest Axe be good for charging demon Riot or are the gauges all different? Actually, how do you even get good charge off of those? I know Striker, but what moves in striker?

Why can't I join any 4U rooms? It keeps kicking me offline everytime I try to join one. Help!

Same difference. I don't imagine them spending long on it unless they whip it out for the Treehouse reveals they said they would do.

Tempest Axe has a recharge time of "small" while Demon Riot has L. It would also be pretty useful in Striker because Striker has no Axe finisher of its own. You'll have Tempest Axe before Demon Riot, but what's the point when you're probably going to run Energy Charge III for the free affinity anyways?

Sheesh. You would think they'd find a way to balance most Blademasters by now. Shoulda given everyone a counter or block or something.

Are Hunting Horns in competion with support Prowler? And does anyone find a use for LBG?

Rip glavenus too hard with hbg

Stupid question, but if I dropped Absolute Readiness for Riot would I lose a ton of DPS?

>hr999 joins 1 star room
Why do this?

Not really, considering the purple sharpness nerf. Eat for Polisher if it bothers you that much. You probably won't be able to use mantis SA very well but there's plenty of slightly weaker but still good options. I roll Hellblade SA for setups that I'm not using readiness with, it does pretty well and the faster HA charging makes up for the slightly lower raw.

I can down my gear when I joined to LR and HR rooms. But I haven't done it in a long time.
Most of time people ask me for customs quests.

Today is the day

Which one of you was this?

>mfw we're only 17 hours away from Sony announcing Monster Hunter: World
>mrw Nintenyearolds lose their shit

Felynes leave their tribal villages and come to human/wyverian society to be among the better species. One of the many lower level jobs they take on is monster bait for hunters.

I hope this turns out to be true, all I play on PS4 is EDF, God Eater, and WarFrame. Even a shitty MH would be welcome.

:< Their lore is as small as they are

What did you expect? They're side characters.

We did lose out on an interesting tidbit, though. The mail cat in 3G only spoke in kana because it was still new to human society and still learning the language. That character aspect was totally wiped in localization.

>It's Monster Hunter WorldZ

ZA WARUDO

There are too many euros playing monster hunter right now and they all suck. Releasing this series outside of Nippon was a big mistake.

>and Knuckles

>non portable monster hunter
Please no, I'd much prefer it to be on Vita or even just PC so I can play on a laptop.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvzW1-rIfnM

I was expecting yet another brave cheating vid but it's actually a good and proper hunt. I'm impressed.

And not just that... Mantisfags BTFO.

>It's not a Mantis weapon
LITERALLY SHAKING HERE, BROS *heavy breathing*

Why can't /mhg/ be a 3U General only? That would save the general.

So just another kind of shit then?

>implying he isn't cheating by using items
Fuck off casual

Huntress sluts on motorcycles.

or...

Why does Dreadking Rathalos exist?

To give you a reason to play with Charlotte.

To encourage you to make a gunner set or play with aerial style.

>That mangled google translated Engrish

To trigger you

Engrish is always somewhat charming. It adds character.

What BGM is this?

4u fishing room up
ooo

Will be doing random quests like goldenfish for completion autism, if someone joins we can do real hunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=sgRVK4zYVHM
Please do not take Prowlers seriously!
They are built for F U N !!!

>esurient

Red pill me on striker Dual Blades.

>Redpill me
Just fucking stop.
>Striker Dual Blades
They're like Adept but without the amazing evade. Instead you get three HA slots. In MHXX the spin-2-win is nerfed for Adept and Brave but not for the other styles, so Striker retains it in full strength.

Done.

you lose nearly nothing. you gain 2 extremely powerful hunter arts and your bread and butter attack is significantly stronger

its too early to be grumpy over a good reference

His triggering is silly, but so is calling that a reference or good.

those arts being? and isnt your bnb spin2win,mash x, repeat until you can demon dance?

Shogun Ceanataur and Yian Garuga were mistakes.

I read that MonHun LN and I like the concept of Hunters being feared for how abnormally strong they are. Guild is also a very shady organization. Too bad its focused on a generic "i wanna get stronger" protag

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MY SON?!

lmao monster hunter world will probably just be the english title for monster hunter XX

they cucked us once again

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014756.html

From the question and answer session of Capcom shareholders meeting, some excerpts

· How is the impression of Nintendo switch and how to hire human resources, sales ratio?
→ I have a good impression, but since Nintendo's future strategy will be announced at E3 (an American game show to be held in June) I would like to see it first.
The switched version of Street Fighter is on sale well, and Mong Han, who announced the other day, is also receiving support.
I would like to analyze the characteristics of the switch as a game machine and to present a game suitable for it.
The story of putting the game on the switch was from Iwata (before Nintendo) president era.
On the other hand, Sony (PS 4) will go up to 100 million of them.
In the situation of such consumer gaming machines, our company's world-wide content has strengths.
The proportion of consumer games overseas is high. In Japan, the proportion of mobile smartphone games is relatively high (note: it is going to take out the game that fits each device in multi platform)

lol mobile is dying
devs are finally realizing it's not a consumer base you should focus on

>should FOCUS ON
>FOCUS
>ON

>see scrub
>kick him
>other guy in the room ask if I kicked him
>of course not
D E V I L I S H

That was my friend you asshole.

TIME IS NEAR BREES, IN FEW HOURS, WE WILL DECIDE IF WE WERE BETRAYED OR NOT. IF THE DECEPTION IS TRUE, WE WILL PERFORM HARAKIRI ON LIVESTRREAM. NO WORLD IS WORTH LIVING IN WHERE A MONSTER HUNTER GAME IS ON A SONY CONSOLE, GUYS

FUCK THIS SHIT GAME
I'M DONE
I'M OUT

There's still TGS.

the thought of this franchise being held hostage on nintendo systems and on japanese pcs is just too painful to be accept. I'll kill myself if we are betrayed live on twitch.

>trying to solo grandpa lao with SnS
i don't know what you expected

Promise?

>Nintendo helped make it grow with advertisement for Tri (Anyone else remember the commercials with the big fat guy?)
>held hostage

fuck off retard

Am I the only one tired of this /v/ tier memery?

nintendrone detected
I, GaijinHunter, swear on my life.

Don't forget they publish their games for them.

Nope, you're the only one. The only special snowflake in this world.

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Report and ignore.

Am I the only one sick of this guy?

What do you wnat me to do? Kick him to death?

>mfw the only thing announced is the western release date for MHXX and a english trailer for Stories

cant say I've played freedom, but SnS has got to be the worst way to do it

Except SnS is broken in F1

Yes until he dies.

When? Will it be on the 3DS?

No. The XboxoneX
Could you imagine the salt from both sides?

Why would you assume that?

Irrelevant in this case, I do mostly elemental damage.

youtube.com/watch?v=hoqOccunqEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=itCcs77KnU8
youtube.com/watch?v=J_w7ivVCOGk
youtube.com/watch?v=tBDfRNToaAE

Nintendo copied Sony's MHFU advertising? Why did they do that?