Veeky Forums - Terraria General (not to be confused with Traditional Gaming)

We Did it Again Edition

1.3.6 SPOILERS
pastebin.com/y9B4xqXw

>For new players getting started
terraria.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

>Wiki
terraria.gamepedia.com
yal.cc/r/terranion

>Terraria Servers
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxC8tM4dYFNzHhV7nZU2-XRYumuseGfAsXVegvDfnRw

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Terraria: Otherworld
pastebin.com/7c9gXdiK

>MODS - Inventory editors, world generators, trainers and more
forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/119/

>TerraMap - map viewer
terramap.codeplex.com/

>TShock - Server client
tshock.co

>TEdit - World view/editor
binaryconstruct.com/games/tedit
binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/classes-and-structs/inheritance
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The times when there were no upside-down slanted blocks

what are your go-to pre-hardmode loadouts /teg/?

?

I never though of building the first floor of the house entirely out of walls as seen on the leftmost house

What does it do, make all of the Lihzahrd girl's lines into innuendos or something?

I hope it edits the Party Girl's sprite with stockings longer by a pixel

just adds living leaf and wood blocks

guys, is there any sort of progression guide for calamity? i actually don't know what to do next.
i beat eye of cthulhu, corruption worm boss thing and the desert scourge, i keep trying for skeletor but i just cannot beat him.
i have the plasma rod, the corruption crushing sword or whatever it's called, full set of shadow armor and galeforce

Get boss checklist to find the progression path, and quit at Moon Lord because the rest of the content from there on out just isn't that good.

give mod

>have titanium head, chest and paladium legs
>still get killed in like four hits from an illuminant bat
wtf
Somehow lucked out and got an amarok, but having a decent weapon only goes so far
Does armor even matter in expert mode other than for buffs? defense seems to to squat

Get full titanium and never be killed again.

horsecock

sandbutt

Why even have a gluteus maximus when you ain't got no legs?

Even without legs, sometimes it's just nice to sit down. A plush rump means you're always seated comfortably.

But can't you just have one big buttock, then?
It's not like she has anything inbetween them.

>One big buttock
Oh fug that sounds pretty good

Maybe she likes to pretend.

You can't stick your dick between just one buttock, user. She needs to have at least two. Minimum.

Maybe more.
Imagine.

Buttcheeks all the way up to her shoulders. Oh yeah~

Kinda like this?

No, it's just buttcheeks. The tentacles come in later~

>Oh baby, your butt so good it's out of this world
>And several others

But what about the horsecocks?

Sandbooty takes precedent over horsecock.

Sandbooty takes horsecock.*

It's one of the only holes in Terraria capable of taking it, short of a large world hellevator.

Beenades for days.

>grinding for hours
>still no vitamins
I USED TO LITERALLY HAVE CHESTS FULL OF THESE WHY DOESN'T IT DROP NOW THAT I NEED IT
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>why doesn't item drop when you need it
That's exactly why it doesn't drop. RNG isn't about chance, it's about fucking you over when it knows you need a specific result. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying asshole.

someone make server

bümp

>Camping with family
>For some reason we have a Ludo board with us
>Play a game, get pretty into it
>Been lagging behind the others for whole game in terms of number of men 'home'
>They've been ignoring me because one more for for anyone but me means game's done
>Finally get 3rd in, equalising everyone and directing attention to me
>Suddenly roll two sixes and a two in one turn and win
I should play board games more often, my 'NATURAL FUCKING 20' powers don't seem to reach video games.

Fuck expert mode in the ass
Titanium armor should be more than enough to fight a wyvern, right? Found an Ice feather while farming for frost armor shit but wyverns literally three-four shot me

>getting hit by wyverns

Well I did it
Surprisingly easy if you use the hellwing bow + unlimited quiver

ded?

ded

>Want to make enemies
>Do it

I'm bringing console and mobile enemies to the real version of the game, god dammit. Just gotta figure out some values, like the right way to implement the fucking wyverns.

>Modded worm enemies
Good luck with that

There has to be a way to do it. I know some mods have them, but fuck them for not letting you extract the cs files.

ExampleMod has a worm.cs file.

Just took a look, and holy shit it's so complex. I'm doing this without any knowledge of C#, so I don't even know where to begin for each part. I have all the sprites, but this code is going to be a nightmare.

You can just copy the file, and make all of your mobs child classes of the worm class, so they just inherit the AI. Then just tweak with the variable at the top of the file.

You make that sound incredibly easy. Care to show an example? Because I'm genuinely feeling stupid. I don't know how to do child classes.

console and mobile content isn't very good, why bother?

Screenshot attached. Obviously the head, body and tail npcs need to be created, but those are just for stats and sprites.

Also, reference for inheritance:
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/classes-and-structs/inheritance

Actually, after looking at the code, it is not necessary to have a class for the entire enemy. The head, body, and tail classes, however, should still inherit from the worm class.
It would be good convention to have an inherited class of worm that the head, body, and tail classes inherit from, so that the default values aren't ever out of sync.

I've been trying to wrap my head around this since you replied, but I just don't understand.

Do I make the parts (Head.cs, body.cs, etc), put the pictured code in everything but the head, and put the stuff from Worm.cs in the Head.cs?

Oh boy. First read the linked article on inheritance, classes, structs, etc.
You don't need to "put" the code from Worm.cs anywhere. In the class declaration (line 8 of the pictured code), there are two keywords: ExampleWormChildClass and Worm. The first one, ExampleWormChildClass, is the class that is being defined. The second, is the parent class that is being inherited. Thus, any data and methods in the Worm class are automatically present in the ExampleWormChildClass, provided that those are not overridden, like how SetDefaults is overridden (with the "override" keyword in the method declaration).

When making the mob, every part needs to inherit from the Worm class. This is how the parts are able to move. Once again, good coding convention would be to create a class that inherits from Worm, which all of these other classes would inherit from, in order to define stuff like minLenght, maxLength, etc, so that the values would always be in sync between the different parts.

For some reason, I thought the Worm.cs was the head. It didn't even occur to me that it was simply something being referenced.

So for example, in my modded monster's part, I'd have "public class ModName : ModNPC", it'd instead be "public class ModName : xWorm", with xWorm being whatever I name the Worm.cs? And for each part, it'd also be "public class ModHead/ModBody/ModTail : xWorm"?

Close.
You would want to have
public class xWorm : Worm
This would be where code like would be
And the individual parts would be
public class xWormHead : xWorm

I see. I think I'm 1% less stupid now.

So the Worm.cs is xWorm : Worm, and all child parts are xWormPart : xWorm. That simplified the fuck out of whatever was coursing in my head. What about how the Wyvern's parts are selected? If I recall right, it goes Head > Body (arms) > Body 1 > Body 2 > Body (arms) > Body 3 > Tail. That's 7 parts with one repeating once; what do I do to make the arms part visible twice, and all parts in this order?

Yoyo's are fun as fuck with the bag and flaming accessory
Trying to fish up the scaly truffle, would switching to my angler gear help my odds at all or should I stick with my battle gear? fuckin' pigrons gib me if I'm not paying attention without armor on

Unfortunately, the ExampleMod code only works with basic worm enemies, with three parts (head, body, tail).
The code for determining the order of parts in the worm is somewhere in lines 56-75 of Worm.cs. To make a wyvern enemy, you would have to write you own AI function instead of using the one in Worm.cs.

Well shit. Up until this point, I was hopeful. No way in hell am I going to be able to write AI if I barely understood everything up until now.

Finally.
Also learned the hard way that pigrons can't go through player placed walls.

and right after, too bad you can't stack yoyos like you can bananarangs

They can't? That's good to know.