Anyone else literally hate the car they currently drive? How do you deal with this?

Anyone else literally hate the car they currently drive? How do you deal with this?

drive with no pants on, it takes your mind off of how much you hate the car

2003 dodge dakota here

I hate myself and I hate the car

Nope. Dont buy bad cars.

Get a different car. What, did your mom give you this one?

Use your desire for a different car as financial motivation for looking after your current car's resale value. Stay positive, my dude.

I just drive it and have pretty much given up on buying mods ect for it. I just take care of it so it's a reliable daily driver, thinking back I wouldn't have picked it up, but it's payed for and has never left me stranded or anything so no real need to get rid of it.

I deal with my soccer mum gas guzzler causd even if she breaks down, it sure beats a car payment and full coverage insurance every month.

I fucking hate my wife's 08 Corolla. I can't logically get rid of it because it's cheap to operate and it's pretty much indestructible. It's a good appliance, but it's the least fun can I've ever driven. Fortunately, I have fun cars, but every so often I have to drive that car, and every second that I'm in it pisses me off.

buy a miata. seriously.

or any rwd manual coupe sports car. itll be life changing

toyotas tend to do that. i fucking hate this car but dont want to get something else until it stops driving which becomes never its the best kind of captive audience and free marketing for toyota and when it does just become too unbearable to drive but still hasnt given up you actually get another toyota because youre impressed with its indestructability

Imagine every driver in their underwear

my car is barely even an acceptable mode of transportation. every time i fire up my 2.0t i have an existential crisis asking myself why i paid so much for a glorified passat. i understeer pulling out of my driveway. i laugh at myself in disgust when beating new M3s at the dragstrip because they trap 10-15mph higher than me and would destroy me from a roll. my totally flat torque curve once my turbo spools at 3200 rpms has completely sucked any semblance of fun out of my life over the past year and a half.

i even had to spend a weekend last year tossing a new motor in the thing after i blew my last one up launching it at the strip too many times pretending to be a race car driver. i have to buy a 5 gallon drum of methanol every few months to inject into my motor just so i dont feel like im towing a trailer whenever it's over 80 degrees out. all my 4 piston brembos mean is that instead of smashing into the moron in front of me, some moron is going to smash into the back of me. i deleted my fog lights and fabricated a ram air brake ducting system and i barely even track the thing.

most other people i see driving my car are middle-aged women, tf am i even doing with my life.

I'm an adult who bought my car with my own money.
I bought a cheap, reliable, tank-tier Volvo with basically no bells and whistles cause I just want to get places, that's all I care about.

If you bought your car, and are embarrassed of it because of all the kids driving around with dads mercede, don't be. Because you worked for your shit.
Incredible BMW you have there buddy, what is that a 4 series and you put an M badge on it how cool. Yeah no I won't race you, I know you would win a street race, you'll also win the race on who is definitely going to have to have their car in the shop sooner

>thought I was getting pulled over
>blue light flashing in my rear view
>ended up being some faggot in a 2014 audi with a broken headlight
Never laughed harder in my life, I hope you have your headlights properly balanced, I genuinely get nearly blinded driving in the opposite direction of audis

my headlights are one of the few things on my car that have never given me any issues.

But what about oncoming drivers?
I think I've seen explosions with lower luminosity than Audi headlights

don't really care. if my car can inflict a fraction of the amount of pain on others as it inflicts upon me by just having to drive it then thats a win in my book.

Yes, it was my first car and since its reliable and cheap as i have no reason to get rid of it and i have no room for a 2nd car but i hate it and want something cooler at this point.

My dad drove an Audi once in the 70s, said it was the worst car he's ever had to deal with. Issues constantly, does that still hold up today?

i don't know, almost all my of problems arose because i bought it cheap and used and shoved a big turbo on it. now that ive replaced nearly every part in the drivetrain it doesnt give my any issues.

>Drive mk3 GTI
Fucking thing is nickel and diming me everytime i turn my head. And of course, being a dumbass, I decided to put in some custom coilovers that, make the car handle amazingly, sucks absolute donkey shit for normal driving. Dem 2nd gear pulls to redline in a VR6 is godly however

Its ok if i think this car is absolute trash, its just another means until i get enough money to buy my dream car!

Within 5 minutes of taking the loaner while my cool car was in the shop for warranty repair, a semi blew out a tire and caused $500 in damage to the loaner vehicle. I could only imagine how much money I'd lose if it was own vehicle that got hit. Just imagine that you don't have to worry about damaging something you care about.

thats why saturns used to exist