Why Learn Manual, When All Cars Are Automatic And Will Eventually Be True Automatic (Self-Driving)?

Why Learn Manual, When All Cars Are Automatic And Will Eventually Be True Automatic (Self-Driving)?

Automatics shift faster anyway, plus here in the UK manuals have an association with the lower class

So you can rent a car outside of the US.

It's really not a big deal, it took me 2 hours to learn to drive well enough that I could do it on my own, and a few weeks to feel comfortable enough that I won't even have to think about it.

>why learn to write when computers and smartphones exist
?

Because existence of overpriced self driving car won't make all the manuals dissappear.

It's easy and fun - Learn it

why learn to masturbate when you can buy a hooker

My friend drives a manual and honestly all the girls think he's beta for it

everything has an association with the lower class to the english why do you think we left you pompous assholes ya prick

fucking southerners are the same way too fucking autistic to realize america isnt fucking england anymore

>plus here in the UK

ostensibly because you were too poor to afford automatic transmissions?

or, sorry, was that tea that you ameriniggers couldn't afford?

Ha ha ha

what

yeah i bet your mum lives in council housing you tendie eating wanker

What the fuck is up with your capitalization?

look up victorian england and antebellum society thing is some southerners still act all hoighty toighty not realizing their asses got booted from england whole everyone else in america came here willingly

>All Cars Are Automatic
lol fucking burgers, I swear

except the blacks... i guess those anthem protests are really warranted

Why learn how to cook when you can just get take out?

I'm convinced to go out of my way to pay an instructor to teach me how to drive manual. But its such a dying breed in driving schools that I've resorted to looking into craigslist.

It's Cheaper.

There's No Point Writing Anymore Since It's All Digitized, Look How Even Smart People (Doctors) Have Bad HandWriting...

Teach yourself, it's really not that hard. Did you ever ride a dirt bike as a kid? It's the same concept.

Can someone tell me a reason to go with a manual over a modern, preferably double clutch, automatic?

>m4m
>need instructing in car
>young man learning how to drive stick, need experienced tutelage
>edit: why do people keep asking if I'm smooth and talking about weight? I don't know how to shift properly, that's why I'm looking for an instructor, and the car is a midsize sedan, it's not that heavy

less maintenance more reliability

>drunk hits my parked car
>get an automatic cuckbox rental
>having fun going WOT from every stop
>set cruise control on the highway for a comfy 20 min drive
>going up a hill and hear the car downshift

o_o;; wtf? it wasn't even that steep

>implying self-driving cars won't have some sort of DDR game using a stick and gear slots to play

How is manual comfy?
Having to step on the clutch to constantly change gears is no fun. The worst is traffic where every stop might come with a stall...

Git gud

>be easter european
>absolutley no automatic cars here
>>automatic is for women anyway

You won't stall ever once you get the hang of it

>bragging about poverty

How do I get used to the clutch? I can never find the half clutch position and I never feel natural when releasing it

believe it or not but its easy as hell on weed to find the bite point

weed is illegal so is driving under intoxication

>go to empty parking lot
>practice
>???
>profit!

fuck you square

It's not about povetry.
Manual is man's desire. You have the control of the car.
Auto is for the ladies who can't drive.
If Iwanted auto, i'd buy a play station.
I know when I want high rev, i know what's the right gear for the time, i am not a clueless lady who can't even check the oil levels.
The only acceptable accessory for a man is abs, and that's because you can never know what lays in front of you.
>why do you drive when there's public transportation and taxis

Why you gotta bring playstation into this, Piotr?

Otherwise, I agree with you 100%. Autofags precz.

>on weed

>It's not about povetry.
>>Eastern european
yes
yes it is

vidya games made kids into arrogant little shits
>play call of duty online with 10yo
>haha i beat you ya noob you suck
i dont care i can beat your ass in mario you little shit fuck you and call of duty and playstation fuck the internet fucking fuuuuck

cooking for yourself is 100% cheaper if ur not braindead when it comes to shopping lol

Plot twist: Your takeoffs are actually rough as fuck and you look like an idiot but the wacky tobaccy just smears your perception of this.

This is incorrect. To gain a full licence you need to take it in a manual car - if you take your test in an automatic you're only allowed to drive an automatic.

The belief most people have is that automatic transmissions are for those not as skilled in the road, and that it's lazy driving.

No, here in the North at least (where people are civil...) we have this stereotype of manual transmission cars.

Totally unbecoming.

Yeah I Said That Cooking Is Cheaper...

Northerner here, you're full of shit.
Autos are for the disabled and elderly or teenage girls who don't understand manuals. If you have an auto only license you're a joke.

wait wut burgerland doesnt do auto only licenses just europe i guess if youre a trucker in america

>Northerner
>Doesn't see autotragics as the mark of derision they deserve to be

Probably a fucking Welshman on holiday

Where I live everyone has to learn manual, I thought it was annoying when I was 17 but it turned out to be very useful.

Most rental cars outside the US are manuals for example, so knowing how to drive a manual helps when traveling.

In the UK if you learn and pass the test in an auto you're not allowed to drive a manual and can't take any job involving driving as you don't have a full license.

Release it really slow while watching the tach. When the needle starts to drop that is the clutch starting to engage.

How do I watch the needle and the road at the same time?

You just watch it when you learn, later you will feel and hear the right spot.

>Amerilards think that manuals are difficult.

Knowing how to drive manual is all the more joyful thinking about its eventual doom.

id like to drive a manual but with the bumper to bumper daily traffic here i know i just wouldn't have fun

kek

>driving in a traffic route
>ever

You aren't a good driver if you just follow the herd. Believe it or not, there are many alternate routes to take that aren't populated by dozens of SUVs and cucksovers who are too much in a hurry to move three inches.

>there's a traffic jam, let me turn left
>maybe someone will let me in
>nope, Linda in her cuck truck and with her bulldog cheeks is more concerned with waiting in line than

so you don't stop at traffic junctions or to give way to oncoming traffic?

I agree with you Muhammad it is hard to detonate a bomb or run over people while driving a manual.

I want to be an anime character.

Whole thread is bait but I will bite. I drive manuel because I TAKE IT TO FUCKING TRACK AND RACE IT AND YOU KNOW WHAT IS NICE WITH MANUAL CAR? NOT HAVING UNWANTED SHIFTS.
Now shut the fuck up and drive whatever econobox with what ever transmission

>Giving a shit about what other think of you
user...Im sorry you turned out to be such a faggot and who are you to be talking about lower classes and shit when you are posting on a Mongolian pedophile anime image board?

>tfw all the 86 Turenos in sydney are over priced as fuck like around $15k to $40k. It's cheaper to get a RX7 FC and a Ryosuke husbando pillow

Automatics are cheaper than manuals around here

Also the americans hated tea, but loved booze, which is why they sperged out when the british taxed molasses.

Do You Really Have To Capatalize The First Letter Of Every Word You Type?

I don't know. "Standard" manuals suck dick. I'd rather have a DCT. Especially since I also ride a sportbike with the god of all manuals.
>hurr how you gonna skip from 2nd to 4th
Sorry larry, I didn't know we were truckin'

Still, I drive one because if I'm not shifting I start to fall asleep behind the wheel or go mad talking to myself and quality DCTs and SMGs are costlier than regular autos. Also remember supercars go auto only not for performance, but for luxury. Sports cars aren't real sports cars like my racebike with lights is a real racebike just raring to have its starter motor pulled out for weight reduction, they're sporty status symbols for cruising around a midlly curvy backroad in when you're not revving in traffic.

Yeah if you only use cheap shit ingredients that result in all your food tasting like the generic mush your mom made

Cooking for yourself should be slightly more expensive than eating cheap premade shit but cheaper than eating good premade shit if you want to actually, you know, enjoy things.

I guess you could say his shifting is bad.

What a Wookiee!

>CAAAARLOOOOOS
10/10
great post to wake up to.

Most of us came down from the Northeast after the Revolution, lrn2history

t. 5th generation Florida native

Because your license will say auto only if you don't

You Clearly Are An Asshole And Don't Know How To Properly Write A Single Sentence.

>When All Cars Are Automatic
No they're not.
Automatics are rare.

The only reason you ride auto is when you have a dumb blonde license or if you can't properly use both hands.

Not only do you capitalize every single word, you actually went out your way to capitalize both parts of a complex word... I guess at least you're a consistent dumbass.

Here in the US the UK has a lower class association.

Yep
if you're a man with an automatic licence you're basically seen as a massive cuck

If you can visualize how a clutch operates you basically know how to drive manual. What's wrong with acquiring extra skills?

Using a manual box is like learning to ride a bike as a kid.
It looks fucking scary and weird. But once you've done it and got the hang of it, it's a piece of piss and you don't even give it a second thought anymore.

>ehmergard manual is teh worstest
>people on this board too chickenshit to take thier training wheels off

Literally Kill You're Self

Because in the US a manual transmission is the ultimate in theft deterrent.

Instructors will tell you to "set the gas" do this and it's virtually impossible to stall.

>manual drivers have to smoke weed to use their cars
Wew. I'm glad I drive an auto!

>learn a skill that can always come in handy
>be a worthless modernist cuck with no agency

The choice is yours.

This

Also this. One of my cars is manual and the other is auto and i use the exact same amount of brain power to drive either. It's basically automatic

Most instructors here use diesels so they don't have to do that. Great fun when you pass your test, get a petrol car and stall on every launch til you figure it out yourself.

friendly reminder that autos are for the weak

You practice in an empty parking lot until you learn to feel it.

underrated

Daily reminder that the only people that shit on manuals are people who can't drive them. No exceptions. Ever. At all.

Its harder to preserve boost when you have no clutch pedal.

>Ryosuke

Who's that? Do you mean Dr. Spin?

What? It's easier to conserve boost in an auto. Every time you shift in a manual car, you let off the gas and the blow off valve vents your boost. When you select the next gear, and apply throttle, the turbo must respool and boost must build again.
In an auto you just mash the throttle and it keeps spooling until you let off

I want to buy a manual to learn how to drive it, but I would only ever use it as a weekend/track car since there's no way I'm not using an automatic in the city as my daily.

When you corner in a manual you can apply throttle while breaking, and keep boost up. The next best thing is engine breaking. Works in DSG and probably some autos

underrated

>put in first
>lift leg off clutch until you feel the peddle sorta stiffen
>apply gas
>go

you people fucking suck at explaining stick.

rev it to 8k and drop the clutch