How do feel about the fact that the Asians are beating the Germans at their own games?

How do feel about the fact that the Asians are beating the Germans at their own games?

Lexus and Genesis are surely the next big things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4YJTl3k0jA
youtube.com/watch?v=-WvK5WC4ns0
youtube.com/watch?v=S2YsIPKS7YA
youtube.com/watch?v=jzK8PlRi3XQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lexus are for niggers and Pakis, who buys Hyundis?

I'd buy a genesis in a few years once it's depreciated and the old rich guy who bought it new decides he's tired of being laughed at for not having a Mercedes.

Lexus's Cheif designer told in an interview that they have stopped trying to outclass the Germans and now they are going their own way.

Reliability and dependability alone makes them better.

Genesis's Cheif, who was the former BMW M Divion Head, literally roasted the Germans by saying they invest money into making "stupid tech" that most buyers even after spec'ing them, they go unused and mostly it's all for the media to hype and to drive the costs up.

Yeah say that to yourself poorfag.

I'm not in a situation to buy a lux car but when I do have the money, it's either Lexus or Genesis. BMW, Mercedes and Audi have turned into these money sucking leeches.

Good screen placement. They're big but unobtrusive.

So he's admitting there's basically nowhere to go with the luxury sedan category. We've basically hit a peak in terms of design and now it's just going to be about cost. Once it's been like 20 years since something new came out in a car that made it actually better, people are finally going to realize the useless crap they've been piling on is useless crap. We're probably fast approaching that mark now.

>asians

Manfred Fitzgerald, former director of brand and design at Lamborghini, is senior vice president.[3] Luc Donckerwolke, former design director of Volkswagen Group's Bentley, Lamborghini and Audi,[4] leads the design brand since early 2016,[5] and works alongside Hyundai-Kia's chief designer Peter Schreyer.[6] Albert Biermann, former head of BMW M performance division, oversees tuning and performance.[7]

>literally

Koreans fall under Asians. They are Asians.

Yes, literally. My usage was right.

I think your interpretation is wrong. Tech advances in the last 5-7 years have done amazing things in terms of safety, situational awareness, and integration. It is difficult to predict where the tech will go, and what consumers will prefer, but it is leading towards seamless integration with their existing technology ecosystem.

Meanwhile, materials and attention to detail has gone up more recently as designers and engineers begin to narrow their focus.

He’s just as sad that the paradigm is changing from luxury being about size and how quiet a car could be, to something else that embraces all sorts of technology Where it remains unknown if finicky consumers will adapt to it or not, or if the tech world will simply innovate past them and leave their years of hard work looking like it was designed for a prior generation’s definition of hi tech.

Luxury cars now are better than ever before. Hyundai is distinct in making the “classic” luxury car, while MB, Lexus, Audi, and BMW chase the technology meme.

>How do feel about the fact that the Asians are beating the Germans at their own games?
indifferent, but
>implying they can beat the germans
mfw

Lexus should be more worried about Genesis eating their lunch.

Not really, it's more like tech we've seen introduced in a W221 is finally affordable and available as options, or even standard equipment on cars like Mazda 3s and Civics

I can see where the head of M would be complaining about useless tech. BMW loves shoving in gimmicky shit, like that gesture control system that never fucking works, you just end up reaching forward a few inches and using the volume knob like a normal fucking human being instead

And as for luxury car buyers not using all of the tech features loaded in their cars, well he's not wrong their either. My dad bought his S class because of how quiet the interior is, how nice the seats were, and and smooth the handling is
Anything that works passively in the background is welcome, like all of those pre-safe features. But anything that requires going through menus or reading up on how it works, like the massaging seats or the parallel parking features, he doesn't bother using.

By that logic Land Rover and Jaguar are Indian

Bongs & fangirls BTFO

The LS is so fucking ugly, Jesus Christ

kek

I don't pay much attention to the luxury segment. Are there any specific examples of 'stupid tech'?

They are owned by Indians, sure but it is historically a British company.

Nah but they're Indian

What a stunning car to look at

You trigger OP and Lexus shills. I agree that LS can't beat the germans cuz it looks a bit fugly and a bit glorified pruis because of the wheel archs and the size of the tires. I know they share the parts a lot, but they execute it badly.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4YJTl3k0jA

youtube.com/watch?v=-WvK5WC4ns0

>laser headlights
So now they can blind you permanently

:^)

>Lexus should be more worried about Genesis eating their lunch.
This. /thread

>The LS is so fucking ugly, Jesus Christ
The styling on all toyota products is hideous. The faux samari in-your-face angles combined with a hugely oversized front fascia scteams boy racer wannabe.

Plus that Matrix OLED meme
youtube.com/watch?v=S2YsIPKS7YA
youtube.com/watch?v=jzK8PlRi3XQ

>OLED
What...

Lol they better find their styling first, Mercedes, BMW and Audi already have an established style and everybody recognizes them.
Lexus specially because they changed their image so many fucking times now... I must say I love the new ones and hope they keep going that way.
Genesis is Hyundai and I think Korean cars are the blandest shit you can find.

Organic Light Emitting Diodes
:^)

OLED, you know the thing that degrades after a few years

>implying
There are many OLED TVs out there.

Doesn't change the fact that OLED degradation is still a thing

>BMW, Mercedes and Audi have turned into these money sucking leeches.

Poorfag detected.

Feels bad for whoever falls for that meme. Like DLP TVs all over again, except you can't change the lamp

All smartphones have OLED screen. They don't degrade after a few years. More like 100 years.

They are products made with planned obsolesce in mind. One shit breaks, you have to spend a lot to fix that. The warranty covers it a lot but who keeps them with trust after the warranty expires? Ultra rich fags do.

For the common man, he can wish to buy a Lux car and when he buys an S-Class with all saved up, he's then hit with all the paranoid thoughts of it braking down and the maintenance costs. That's when companies like Lexus, Genesis, etc comes in.

>not caring about how you spend your money
Actual poorfag spotted

>All smartphones have OLED screen
Wrong
>They don't degrade after a few years. More like 100 years
Also wrong, see

An S class is only expensive to own if you have a shop fix everything. And you only have a shop fix everything if your time is worth more that the labour charges. They don't really have anything go catastrophically wrong with them like Audi and BMW do

>Wrong
Nah
>Today OLEDs last long enough to be used in mobile devices and TVs. OLEDs can also be problematic in direct sunlight, because of their emmissive nature. But companies are working to make it better, and newer AMOLEDs (such as Samsung's Super AMOLED and Super AMOLED Plus and Nokia's CBD displays) are quite good in that respect - some even consider them superior to LCDs.
>Also wrong, see
Window Phone lol

>they last longer though!
They still lose brightness over time. That's absolutely unacceptable for a phone that can easily cost a thousand dollars

I do care that's why you won't find my in the shit from the mips of korys, they are less reliable in every scientifically measured study.

Post said studies then Chum, otherwise you're about as reliable a source as my ass

If you can't afford to maintain a car you can't afford the car, yes Lexus and hyundai are good for poorfags but they aren't Luxury cars by a long chalk, they aren't even much of a step up from a Civic.

>[Spoonfeed me mommy]
Sperg more.

>I don't have a source to back up my shitty argument so I'll resort to ad hom
Fucking pathetic, just leave

Rich people don't stay rich by wasting money

Then why do they have the reputation of breaking down too very often? Is that reliability for you? As a big company, why don't they put more money into making their products last longer?

So you do agree that German cars are shitty. Anything with shit reliability is shitty. Poorfags do save up to buy base model CLAs and C-Classes. How sad is it to pay all that money and then pay your ass off for the shit that will break the next week.

>Then why do they have the reputation of breaking down too very often?
Because poor niggers buy 15 year old cars and neglect them

>Lexus are for niggers and Pakis

you just described BMW

I'm so fucking triggered. Why didn't they mirror the controls, why the fuck are the Up down buttons different on each side.
And don't get me started with the stupid ass analog clock.

Pretentious fucktards that can't get shit done right, this is why Germans do it better.

Gook shit has no soul or pedigree. They have literally never invented anything on their own.

So much this.

Niggers prefer german cars you mong.
>Audi. Because it's audi ain't gonna explain no shit. Also bitches love audis
>Mercedes because DUDE ORNAMENTS
>BMW because they got tired of their ornaments from the merc being stolen by other niggers

Cost savings I'm guessing, probably uses the same part

>40 year old farm vehicle with a V12

>Cost cutting
>Not dropping the the stupid clock
Yeah dude, they surely know how to make cars!

>It's okay when Germans do it!

holy shit that interior

and the exterior is much less ugly than the initial new look lexus has been going for

I never said that, clocks are stupid and pretentious but if the chinks could at least design the rest of the car well... that would be great.
And to be honest, Hyundai is just trying to copy the styling of europeans,at least Lexus is going for something more vanguardist.
The genesis is just bland and boring.

>Hyundai is just trying to copy the styling of europeans
It's literally styled by the same Europeans that they're copying. And they managed to do it better

Audis are parodies of themselves.

>No car company should ever try anything new because muh pedigree
It hasn't even been 10 years since Hyundai entered the luxury market. I'd say they're doing pretty good considering.

Whats funny is that this looks like a copy of a bmw interior mixed with junk korean parts from a 2012 sonata

>Better
Dude Audi's design is established, Genesis is trying to get into the same market and that might work in Korea but when they get here who's gonna buy it?
To be honest even the Audi looks more modern that that bland shit, even if it's designed by europeans they are still under the ideals of Koreans, and they are the ones ruling the company not designers.
I'm a designer and artistic value is good but you'll be always working with the ideas of your clients, not your own.

Korean cars look like the ones in GTA, a little off.

Imagine sucking this much Audi dick in a day

I was just comparing both pictures you dumbfuck.
Imagine paying attention some day.

>is a designer
>thinks the Audi looks better
Never design anything

>Lexus should be more worried about Genesis eating their lunch.
History is repeating itself.

Lexus is laughing at Genesis the same way BMW and Benz were laughing at Lexus when they were founded.

You are just proving how stupid you are and that you are anchored to your ideals. Try being out of your stupid bubble and view things from another point.
If we didn't do that cars would look exactly the same as they were 10 years ago (See Genesis).
As I said at least some brands have balls to change stuff like Lexus did.

>at least some brands have the balls to change stuff like Lexus did
Yeah and they're ugly as sin

Here you are praising Lexus for changing its design but knocking on Genesis for going with a better looking derivative design, all while defending Audi and their objectively terrible designs

Are you one of those designers that make outfits out of zippers then cries because nobody understands your vision?

Lost my no fap streak boys

>Ugly as a sin
In your opinion.
Art and in consequence anything visual is a matter of perspective, which you clearly don't have and therefore you don't have the capability to give a logical and reasoned opinion.
>HURR I DUN LIEK THE LEXUS BCUZ THE GRILLE LOOKS UGLY OMGOMGM
Meanwhile you praise a bland design that's been done 1000 times by other manufacturers. You just don't like change.

>Are you one of those designers that make outfits out of zippers then cries because nobody understands your vision?
I'm going to try to be clear so your dense pedantic brain can process it.
Just because you do not understand something doesn't mean the rest think the same, you are not into design, you are into car brands and trying to roast the established ones because I don't fucking know why.

because my feefees im special because i drive a leased sega genesis!

>Your artistic opinion doesn't matter only mine does!

Never implied that, you were. I said that beauty is a matter of perspective and you do not see that.
To be precise you don't even have a valid reason to hate one thing or the other, you just do.

>FUCKING HYUNDAI IS MAKING BETTER LUXURY CARS THAN INFINITI

kek

so the highest average salary is 75k$ in the u.s
the base lexus ls is supposedly 96k. who are lexus targeting? the top 1%? if yes, why because i think those guys could afford a new rr, bentley.

i really like this new lexus but it's too expensive for a car.

Base LS is $75k.

>who are lexus targeting? the top 1%? if yes, why because i think those guys could afford a new rr, bentley.

Same market where the A8, 7-Series and S-Class are, and the Lexus is a better car than them.

>once passed 45mph the system automatically boost the high beams
now you can piss off everyone on the other side of the road from even farther away

the car looks great, but holy shit that's some retarded looking grille

Never seen a nigger driving a bmw lad, and pakis mostly go for mercedes nowadays.

I guess it is hard to see into the cabs of peoples' cars from the bus.

Lexus is miles ahead of Infiniti and lightyears ahead of Acura. Not sure if they can step over Mercedes, though.

Acura and Infiniti don't make flagships. They just make mid-tier and entry-level "luxury". Hyundai doesn't make any mid-tier luxury but they're trying to make flagships.