/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #790 - Shadow edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQsM2AdKGh0
timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170612T171500&p0=179&msg=YouTube Live @ E3 (includes Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces)&font=cursive
tssznews.com/2017/06/10/e3-2017-youtube-live-e3-to-have-exclusive-new-look-at-sonic-mania-forces-monday/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1po72X8i8
gaming.youtube.com/e3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New Forces gameplay since it's not in the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=mQsM2AdKGh0

kill yourself faggot

Thanks, but they are not mine, actually. I saved them from someone who did Rotorposting before he disappered.

>not updating the OP
Come on.

Why is Sonic looking for Shadow?

i never really liked sonic characters

they had noodle legs and arms

because he's too weak to beat eggman by himself so he's gotta beg the ultimate hedgehog to do all the hard work for him

Last couple of OPs have been incredibly shit.

Cause he's the ultimate lifeform.
Sonic is helpless without him.

People should be faster on the OP's then.

guess we should continue his legacy

Shouldn't have to rush to avoid faggotry.

This shit is fucking dumb. That OP is borderline remivable if reported.

REAL NEW THREAD

Sonic and Shadow are both Ultimate Lifeforms.

Because Sonic Team want to give the illusion that Sonic's friends are a big deal and doing shit without actually making them playable.

So butthurt.

lol fuck off

>deleted
B T F O'd
T
F
O
'd

...And that thread is deleted.

Dude, just relax and accept the thread.

Anyways, we have approximately 2 hours and 23 minutes left.

Based mod.

countdown to youtube's e3 coverage (which includes Forces and Mania):

timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170612T171500&p0=179&msg=YouTube Live @ E3 (includes Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces)&font=cursive

if this thread dies before the coverage start, let's try to get this posted again in the next thread

BTFO
DESTROYED
BEATEN
BRUISED
BOOTYBLAMOED
And...you know...get fucked

Can I get a link to the YouTube stream?

We're getting boxart for Forces this week.
What'll be on the cover? pic related

Best edition

Sonic, Classic, and the shitty default Buddy.

>when I was younger
Care to tell us a story, user?

Sauce?

>The fucking friends talk during the gameplay

Forces confirmed fucking garbo

Bring back edginess

That's lewd user.

>Not just blocking the image if you don't like it
Step up nigga.

rekt

As long as it's not repetitive / overly obnoxious like the Time Eater boss fight, I can deal with it.

This is what happens when people ask for these shitty fucking characters to return. At least in Generations they were only during the final boss

Hot and heavy

>sonic characters without gloves looking human like
image ruined
>Sauce?
you can import plushies from aliexpress, usually the more you pay the better quality they are. But if youre really on a budget you can pick up ones for about £4. They sell silver shadow knuckles tails and sonic as far as I know which is pretty cool. They also sell sonic slippers if thats your thing.

>this thread

>At least it's not repetitive

Yeah we'll see about that.

>Do you want to see us again.
With that anatomy no not really.

I'm just saiyan, I'm not the one of the guys making new threads to avoid it.

tssznews.com/2017/06/10/e3-2017-youtube-live-e3-to-have-exclusive-new-look-at-sonic-mania-forces-monday/

the link SHOULD be there but for some reason the site isn't loading for me.

>the horrible generations 2D physics are back
>Eggman has temporary invincibility after you hit him
>big ass life bar in the middle of the sceeen
What a surprise, it's shit

>Care to tell us a story, user?
I had one when I was younger, one of those ones you could win as a prize at theme parks. They weren't really well made and fell apart over time.

STOP posting faggot shit you degenerate subhumans.

I'm glad I'm nit the only one finding it extremely underwhelming

Really? They didn't fix momentum and rolling?

Holy shit, I never even noticed the lifebar. What the fuck?

The HUD takes up as much space as Eggman does

Said it last thread, this will hurt replayablilty if there's no way to turn them off. Especially since it's not just voices, but also takes up a chunk of the screen.

Nope. And the jump physics are fucked still

youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1po72X8i8

>With that anatomy no not really.
>implying that anatomy isnt better than most of the gayer stuff which just make them thin and not fluffy

gaming.youtube.com/e3

Just cancel Forces already, let Mania be the one game this year, and maybe in 2019 release a proper Generations 2 with new remixed levels and a plot similar to the first one, 2 playable sonics and nobody else, and with no friends screaming in your ear

And people wonder why it's a bad idea to let Sonic Team try new things or at the very least not stick to what worked from Generations. I really think the best thing to do now is just stay nostalgic for a few more years. Maybe do the Mania thing and have one or two new levels per game, but keep it nostalgic

It's ironic really.
Sonic team foeces in 2D gameplay for nostalgia pandering.
The 2D gameplay is shallow and sucks.
As a result, less time and resources is spent on the 3D gameplay
The whole product suffers

Poetry

I fucking knew it. They really should have just focused on polishing up Modern Sonic's gameplay and ditch Buddy for friends, Classic Sonic will only exist to be a comparison to Mania which 90% of people will favor.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the life bar.

I don't even care about "a proper generations 2", but forces CLEARLY needs more polish and time.
It's nowhere near acceptable.

We can try. You can count me in for fun.

Or just ditched the other 2 playstyles completely and had Modern Sonic be the only playable one. And not have the friends talk during stages. That's all you needed to do

Why is that walrus so smug?

This.

Completely agree.

Are there vocals in Buddy's Green Hill Zone stage?

Ask tails

You're going too far now.
I'm the OP and even i wouldn't post stuff THAT gay.

Still waiting for the fix

I'm just saying, Blaze, Shadow, and Metal would work well, in Modern's gameplay. Starving Adventurefag reporting in.

AliExpress? Never heard of it. Might check it out.

Sorry to hear you couldn't save him.

Oooooh boy, this is gonna be fun. R-right guys?

>that fucking life bar
JUST

>PEOPLE STILL THINK FORCES MIGHT BE GOOD

HAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAA

Wow I don't know why I didn't notice that earlier.

You brought this on yourself.

I doubt they would, and I doubt people would want that. If they do, there's always mods. Keep it to Sonic only for a while longer
It's never gonna be good so long as it has 3 playstyles and all the dumb shit it has in it right now. Just scrap the whole thing and make Generations 2, just with Modern gameplay only

This would be entirely in character for Sonic.

Fuck this troll OP and their gai-ass slash OP.
I was going to make this image cover the next OP, so FUCK IT. I am dumping StC's until the thread hits 750 AND I'm baking the next bread. Post any new news links and buckle the fuck up Bitches. We're going into the Fleetway Sonic & Knuckles story arc -- white fucking hot.

I've never played a Sonic game before, but I'm looking forward to the new ones. I hope I have fun!

Calm down fag. We're getting some Sonic info soon, so keep the OP related to that.

This a gfur crop and tails is sucking his dick isnt he?

I hope you do too, user!

Here we are gentlemen. Elson and Kitching are really hitting their stride at this point in the run. And Behold! As if to signify the gear shift, we no longer have the pineapple rear profile. Elson and the rest of the StC team shift to the "Shark Tail" rear profile from here on in -- or whatever you want to call it.
As I've said before, I've always appreciated that Fleetway's use of actual game content, and the grabhands boss really fits the bill here.
Isn't the computer character in Archie also encoded in a ring?

>getting some Sonic info soon

I never though I would say this, but I really don't want anymore info.

This.
It reminds me a lot of resident evil 6 and Halo Reach.
It'a over ambitious. Trying to do to much

>big arm
Fuck yes

No. Nicole is the A.I. trapped in her portable computer, she uses various rings as a power source in order to project a physical form, but the rings run out. She isn't encoded in any of them.

>mfw 5 years old
>beat launch base
>sky goes dark
>that music

Intimidated the fuck outa me

FUCK THIS HOMO SHIT

No idea. It could range to various motives, such as enjoying on watching /sthg/ crashing for the 50th time.
Calm down, it's just from Sonic comics.

What the fuck?
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Kek.
Who did this?

Just saw the gameplay video. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed.
Not too much about Modern Sonic, he looks nice, but the characters talking nonstop and the "hurr chemical plant" reference are unbearable. Hopefully you can turn it off.
The OC mode is the exact same shit I feared it would be. Boring as fuck 2D segments, and the high selling point, the customization, is minimal. Prepare yourself to see youtubers "hurr it's such a genius move Sonic was all about speed and OCs in da nintyz". Now we have Sega not only shitting on their Sonic fanbase, but also spreading rumors about them.
Sonic Classic is Sonic 4 all over again, YAY REHASHES
Should be renamed Sonic References

Ha. That's pretty great.

Forgot to mention the marble garden Tennelbot mini-boss also appeared on the page.
And we finally switch to the offical design for the Death Egg instead of the older StC Egg Shape. (That said, Robotnik's base in the Special Zone remains ovaline)
However, the one thing I will fault Elson for in these Death Egg arcs is that he tended, imho, to underscale the size of the Death Egg. It's only about as big as a Union class Dropship in a lot of these issues. A bit of a shame, but I suppose artistic compromises in different mediums are inevitable.