/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #94

[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

「Eagerly Expecting "Emil's Entertaining E3 Extravaganza"」 EDITION

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official SINoALICE page]
sinoalice.jp/

>[SINoALICE OST rip]
mega.nz/#!KItiWBwI!rEyZmpA0T497aQ2_wb-okdNlVFgFvav4TluHt8MNlRk

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ (embed)

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu (embed)

>[NieR:Automata Lore Master Index] - includes links to translated side material, Q&As, etc.
reddit.com/r/nier/wiki/lore

>[NieR:Automata Novellas & Concert] - Full Translations
mintychu.dreamwidth.org/

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

>[Drakengard 1,2,3+Chip tunes]
mega.nz/#!uYNw2RSR!1o1NmDIIik6nb3YPZWwTIVWHHglCQK18DiLAKXpvrqM

>[Nier+Remix albums+Piano Collection]
mega.nz/#!7dNlQa5Y!r8NsLOq044JoNM6-V1oSzXGNDb3h6_wAAgfXi0xYd_g

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63372595
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for shouting it out loud even though the world is meaningless

A4 a qt!

Square Enix schedule for Thursday, June 15:

2:30 PDT: NieR in Concert: “A Deprival in White, A Revival in Black” highlights
3:00 PDT: NieR Automata – Emil’s Entertaining E3 Extravaganza

4th for 2B9S cutest lewdest couple.

Yes, but are you carrying the weight of the world?

You can't expect that from me. The truth is that I'm only one girl.

Maybe if you keep believing, your dreams will come to life...

Why does SE cuck us Drakennier fans so hard

Has anyone played SinoAlice?

They only care about their Final Fantasy fans.

Because all of Yoko Taro's games flop like an aji on dry land, except Automata. Even SINoALICE probably isn't going to live that long.

Go to the SINoALICE general, /sing/. Sadly, it's more alive than /ndg/ these days.

A2

I'm not so sure. It feels like God is punishing me. Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?

Are androids delicious?

They taste like oil, so no.

Dead general

Maybe if Anon2 posted here instead of Code Vein threads we wouldn't have this problem.

I think 2B and 9S are upset about something, Commander.

>Logic virus is a thing
>There's enough shady shit going on behind the scenes to make androids want to either betray yorha or desert it
>The bunker has 0 defense to save them from the event of one android allahu-akbaring them into space

What a bunch of dummies

>like drakengard 3
>PS4 version with new and mostly stable content won't happen
kill me

bump

You never know user.

>NieR: Vuelve in the title
>NieR: Automata in the legal jargon
Sorry to burst your bubble.

>Be a yorha operator
>Work tirelessly at a thankless job for free
>Commander is a hard ass
>Get rejected by a potential love interest
>Try to converse with other androids about it in the field
>They want none of it
>No emotions
>No fun
>Not even flowers
>Get the logic virus
>It's the most fun you've had in years

There will always be flowers for best girl

What are you talking about? It's real and it's coming out along with A2's standalone game next summer. just kill me now

She deserves them. I also just noticed her mask is connected to her headband.

Not canon

But it is, user.

I wonder where are all fellow A2 posters

I will reply to your bait cause I just want to remind everyone in this thread:
"MORE THAN LOVERS"

Not canon
whatever keeps this thread alive until E3 end

"More than lovers"

How do I fix random crashes on PC version of Nier Automata? Tried all the fixes I found on google and I still crash within a couple of minutes. No mention of white screen crash on the pastebins on the OP. Running on GTX 960.

that is so cringy. I want to puke

I want to dress 9S like a girl and hurt him.

>like a girl
>hurt him
fuck of with that please.

They are killing themselves because A2 dlc is not confimed yet

I am..

only a girl would think about this normalfag thing. Kill yourself you hyperbole

the a2

>A2 dlc is not confirmed
Even her fate after E is not confirmed.
At this point new pod skins are more likely than A2 dlc.

Only a girl? I am a girl and I think only someone with mental problems would want to do that to 9S, first of all I like boys not girls I dont want to dress him like a girl, second, why hurt him? WHY

I dont think the problem is your 960, I played more than 50 hours with my 960 and I only got 1 crash (that was because of FAR). You should do a complete manteinance to your PC (no pun intended )

>At this point new pod skins are more likely than A2 dlc
HAHHAHAHAH HAHHAAhaha.. ha ha.. ha.... ha....

>she will never meet that flower machine from a novel or visit the lunar tear field

What is he going to do with her? I dont like that halo...

Is he subjugating her?
This has potential.

>This has potential
elaborate

He doesn't need to subjugate someone who already lives for him.

Yes he is. We need a comic or fic where 2B begs 9S to subjugate and then fuck her, I can see her liking that...

Look at his arm, that 2B is a clone

Pic Related has POTENTIAL (that 9S is really sexy)

Does anyone have a self destruct gif or webm? Just the animation

Why do I keep hearing that 2B didn't like fighting? She didn't look like pacifist at all in the game.

2B is based on personality number 2 who is frankly speaking a giant crybaby. She also mentions in dialogue with 9S that doing courier job for resistance is preferable to dying on a battlefield and generally doesn't seem to like pointless violence at all.
Also:
>2B: Type-B models specialize in combat. We're a type of unit deployed to the front lines whenever an intense battle breaks out.
>2B: As a result, we feel nothing at the thought of throwing our lives away. That's ... just how we were created.
>2B: ... I wouldn't hesitate for even a moment to give my life in battle.
>2B: But ... After meeting, you, 9S ... I ...

2B is indeed a crybaby. A2 got over it only because she was forced to survive and still was quite emotional by the end of the game under 2B's and Pod 042's influences.
But 2B cried like a million times in novels/concert/game.

I think that A2 cried a lot after the death of her squad as well, it's just not shown.

no doubts she did. But 3 years of being a lone survivor changed her quite a lot.

Personality 2 is just awful at everything combat related unless there's intense emotional duress, and even then, they despise every second of it.

Makes me wonder why they never used it for an Operator or a Scanner instead

A2 a best

>Operator or a Scanner
Because personality number 2 is also a bit of a dummy. They simply don't suit combat at all aside from their ability to push through hardships.

wat

wat

Really want to see 2O screaming at a computer because she can't understand what an antivirus is

I'm playing the game for the second time.
The game kinda ended unexpecetly fast without any warnings. I was kinda trying to do all side missions etc before finishing the game but i didn't prepare for it to come that fast.
I'm happy the things have have been happening in my second run this far but it feels kinda bad if i have to do all the side missions that i did previously again. Like investing around 200k in the inventor robot. How does this part work?

>I'm playing the game for the second time.
no, route A is only ~1/3 of the game. Did you not read a huge ass SE PR message after credits?

>all the side missions that I did previously again
no, you only do ones you haven't fully completed in route A. And there will be new quests too.

I did read the text, but i didn't notice anything about sidequests being saved. I'm glad that they did tho.
9S is a lot of fun but he feels a bit weaker than 2B (which makes sense).

>a bit weaker than 2B
no, he isn't. He is op as fuck - just use hacking. And spear throws.

>9S is a lot of fun but he feels a bit weaker than 2B
With right build he leaves her far behind.

What is happening here? Are they doing it again?!

Source? I think they are...need source to confirm. Should we stop them?
9S NO!

>Source?
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63372595

Wait till you play as A2, it will be much funner and epic

I'm currently just really enjoying the calls from the Operator and the dialogs between 9S and 2B. But i'm sure that playing A2 will be a lot of fun as well.

I really recommend you to leave this thread and only come back when you feel the weight of the world, user.

I got a friend who just finished Automata and said to me that he won't go deep into the lore because he's got enough of lore fagging with dark souls before.
As I haven't played souls games - how do they compare to Nier lore-wise?

Souls games are completely different as even with all in-game materials you only get a vague understanding of what the fuck is going on with multiple possible interpretations. Taro provided a fairly extensive and finished narrative in Automata alone, even without side materials.

Though Bloodborne's lore is fairly complete, especially with DLC. And the game has a few extremely powerful moments.

Do YoRHa androids need water to function like regular resistance androids?

Seems like it based on the water shipments to the moon.

>quest marker in a literally unreachable destination
i am confuse

I just finished the game...and although I enjoyed it, anyone who says the story is anything more than a 5/10 needs to read more books. It's literally babby's first existentialism. I will admit the story concepts are well executed and there are great setpieces but if I have to read like 4 non in-game novellas and short stories and concert shit just to get the full story, I think something's wrong, even if it is a Taro thing. I don't mind there being side content, I just mind that so much of it isn't in-game.

Still an 8/10 game to me and probably the best game released this year so far, but I felt almost nothing for the characters. The world and atmosphere was great as a tangent from the original Nier though.

Nope, only old and busted androids need water.
Superior YoRHa androids do not need it.
Source: stage play

>Source: stage play
could you please quote the lines about it from stage play?

>Rose suggests that they make a toast with water. Apparently, the older model androids needed some sort of liquid to keep their bodies functioning, but the newer YoRHa units are fully automatous and need no such liquid… even still, consuming water will not impede their function.

I completely forgot that YoRHa units run on virtually limitless energy sources.
That's a cool detail.

>anyone who says the story is anything more than a 5/10 needs to read more books. It's literally babby's first existentialism.
because it is not only about existentialism. It just that this theme looks smart enough for all reviewers to concentrate on it.

>even if it is a Taro thing.
it is not "even" - it is his regular thing and you need to deal with it.

>Game is about finding the meaning of existence
>Not existentialism
I agree that the game isn't 100% about existentialism, a large part of it is the nature of consciousness, but I'd say the dominant theme is existential. Which is perfectly fine, I just found it to be treated in a fairly sophomoric and trite way.

>it is not "even" - it is his regular thing and you need to deal with it.
Okay, so it is, fair enough. Taro makes interesting games and concepts, but I think that the fact that he hides things in side content hurts the narrative of the game itself. Just because it's his thing doesn't make it good, I just think it needlessly obfuscates things. And I'd be totally okay with it if it was in-game. Morrowind is a perfect example of a game where you really had to delve into lore books to truly understand the narrative; but the difference is that those lore books are all available in the game itself. It doesn't help that I personally find the novellas, short stories, and concert scripts to be mediocre at best, at the very least in translation.

I don't hate the game or Taro at all, as I said in my original post I give the game an 8/10, I really enjoyed it and put 50+ hours into it. But I think the story was one of the weaker parts. It built a great sense of atmosphere and mystery in certain parts, only to be concluded in an unsatisfactory manner. I think certain stuff about the characters, like 2B and 9S's past relationship, ABSOLUTELY should've been included in the game. It would've been so much more impactful. Plus the lack of development for A2.

It's fine that you enjoyed it user, I just have a different opinion.

Source?