Is autocross worth it...

is autocross worth it? i want to improve my driving skills but i'm also an autistic loner who doesn't want to deal with other people.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/maps/place/Callaghan Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1/@50.0719897,-123.1315424,14.19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x54871782db2af905:0x3ce8ddbc30467000!8m2!3d50.0736124!4d-123.1147278!5m1!1e1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, find some nice backroads. Go in afternoon before sundown and have at it

autocross is great and it will make you less of an autistic loner if thats what you want

yeah, it seems like such a hassle for so little actual driving time. problem is i don't know any good roads in my area. i'm near vancouver, bc, if anyone has good road suggestions.
it doesn't bother me too much.

I did a few TRDs that always would end in the group catching dinner somewhere cool. The actual driving part was fun. Got a couple of friends along so we could shout rally instructions at each other and have a good time.

Dinner was always painful though due to autistic lonerism. Everybody else knew each other and was having a great time. My feet hurt and I just wanted to go home.

No matter how much fun real auto-x is, I can't imagine doing it without wingmen, and even then I'd probably hate it.

yeah. i don't know anyone who would actually be willing to take the day off and go with me, even then i feel like i'd be dragging them there and wasting their time. wish finding a big abandoned parking lot and setting up my own course was viable.

Never hurts to pitch the idea tho. Giving it a shot wasn't my idea. It's just that I like to drive like a mad cunt and I have a car that takes my abuse in stride.

In return once in a while I'm the wingman to something they want to do and as long as it's not too social and I can drink while they do the driving it's probably for the best to not be a complete recluse and pick up additional skills in the meantime. That's how I learned how to play those complicated board games they have these days, which turned out to be a win at those family get-togethers where you wish you really did just go ahead and kill yourself when you were in high school.

autocross will let you get better and help you make some friends.

>Live in Southwestern Ontario, painfully flat with grid pattern roads
>This nigger living in mountainous BC is complaining about not knowing any twisties

Just drive North and get yourself lost, god damn

Autocross is expensive for your average autist. Can you handle that?

I'd go. The social aspect isn't that bad. Just talk to other people about the course and their cars. Don't really have to do anything beyond that.

how expensive? don't you just need a car and a membership to the club

shut up nigger all the presumably good roads are far as fuck

>Have to drive on a twisty scenic highway to get to twisty scenic sideroads
>Waaaahh
Nigga you srs?

It's 11:50 PM in BC right now, why are you posting on a Mongolian children's cartoon forum instead of doing a comfy night drive, you asshole

thanks guys. i might give it a go.
kys
i don't want to get t-boned by mr. wong

It's tons of fun. You'll really see what your car needs to make it better. You might need to ask for help ok how to attack the corners.

u 2, thx
>Lives in a mountainous region, too lazy to just go out and drive on beautiful twisty roads all around him
>Thinks sitting around for hours just to drive around pylons on a parking lot for a few laps will be better
>Probably too poor and lazy to even get into it seriously w/ brake, chassis and suspension upgrades

The absolute state of the heroin capital of Canada

the roads are just far, man. if they weren't all 3-4 hour drives away i would go all the time

Also
>Makes a thread about autocross not to ask what it's like in general, but to ask if he has to interact with other people
>Being this autistic

ontariofags really are as bad as they say.

I just found this randomly zooming into BC
google.ca/maps/place/Callaghan Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1/@50.0719897,-123.1315424,14.19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x54871782db2af905:0x3ce8ddbc30467000!8m2!3d50.0736124!4d-123.1147278!5m1!1e1

maybe i'll check it out this weekend but the sea to sky is a huge meme road

Explain to me why these roads on the north side of your city aren't good to drive on

Or this one

>mfw literally every road around me is a rally stage or a toe gay

>tfw get behind a mustang or whatever because why is there traffic at this time of night
>there's some guy in front clogging the left lane
>crapshow gets out of the way
mind you this is right next to a cop debot
>mustang halfway gets on it with nobody ahead
>your whocaresbox gives the chase
>mustang obviously wants an excuse to go
>sure buddy I just want to wring it out
kind of disappointing, really, but I guess we got our kicks. Mustang peels off to a side road.

>some momcar comes up next
>momcar flips lights
>momcar comes up to the side
>momcar doesn't go anywhere until side by side after the green
Whatever. Good enough excuse to gotta go fast. I'm not even fst. Good excuse I suppose to clear the road so I can pull the upcoming left at fun speeds at just the right time when the light turned yellow. Thanks m8.

>Mfw every road around me is the glorious grid system
>Mfw they're all ruined by tractors hauling shit spreaders
>Mfw instead of spreading poo properly they cut corners and spread poo at the entrance of the field and track huge gobs of it back onto the road

If they didn't start spreading immediately at the entrance this wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately the only farm doing this is notorious for lazy bone workers.

I usually end up driving about 2 hours north to get away from this county when I want to go for a cruise. Have a friend further up north that I'll hangout with when I go for the cruise.

those are both uphill roads that lead to ski resorts, they're alright but it's just long straights and a couple hairpins on the way up.

Where do you live?

I don't know. If only i'd posted a picture of a man plastered in flags.