Why do cars like this exist? Who buys them? What thought process goes into buying something like this...

Why do cars like this exist? Who buys them? What thought process goes into buying something like this? What kind of people looks at a X6M (or an GLE-class AMG) and says "yep this looks good, I should buy it"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9INWbm43co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well im pretty sure this is faster in a straight line then any other bmw they make

third world mafias

>whaaaaah stop liking what i dont like whaaaaaah

Go back to your riced up 90s vehicles, busdriving scum

>Why do cars like this exist? Who buys them?
Nobody, every single one of them sits unsold in a parking lot or in a showroom. The examples you see on the road are merely being moved from one parking lot to the other to give the impression that someone buys them.

It's all just a big scam from the manufacturers to make you, user, mad at the existence of those cars. They spent millions in R&D and production for the sole purpose of making you mad.

Me. For that level of money I would go Porsche though and get some reliability. A bit less and it would be Audi.

>Nobody, every single one of them sits unsold in a parking lot or in a showroom. The examples you see on the road are merely being moved from one parking lot to the other to give the impression that someone buys them.

Lol no. Come to LA and Orange Country, you will see a ton of them. They sounds good.

No? Faster than any other suv though

GLE's are ugly as sin and handle like ass, the X6 isn't much better looking but performs much better

soccermoms want big huge suvs that cost a lot of money so they can impress other soccermoms who also begged their husbands to buy them

But the Porsche cayenne is unironically good

>Faster than any other suv though
no
Agreed though Opie, the X6 in particular is an horrendous monstrosity of a car. JME has one, which should tell you everything you need to know

in retrospect the X6 was groundbreaking -- and the GLE coupe is gorgeous

I agree. It can handle off-road exceptionally.

Stock Cayenne Turbo vs Wrangler with $80K mods
youtube.com/watch?v=N9INWbm43co

Only groundbreaking because it's so pigfat it creates subsidance problems in mining areas

>GLE is gorgeous
Looks pretty god damn hideous to me man, but you do you

>what is subjective

>YOU DO YOU

What about this?

every upper middle class mom wants the GLE coupe. the x6 is beautiful, too. look at all the sleek mini utes selling like hotcakes now from land rover, jaguar, porsche, etc. now all THANKS TO THE TRAILBLAZING X6

GLE coupe looks slicker in person

>x6 is beautiful
I find the first gen X6 sexy.

>X6 is beautiful
It's disgusting. Seriously, it looks like someone took a 5 series and used the same shoop that instagram thots use on their fat cellulite arse

Why do cars like this exist? Who buys them? What thought process goes into buying something like this?

>ZDX
It flops of all time. They tried RWD one, and it just sold just 2 in a single year. Acura realized that riding on BMW's coattails caused more harm than good for them. kek

lol it looks better than this hideous one, Ford

"I have a large boat or trailer that I wish to tow."
Was that difficult?

>$97K ford

If money was no object and I wanted something to commute with I might choose this
>great visibility in traffic and on the freeway
>lots of room and very nice interior, I might want to take the other executives to lunch
>more comfortable ride than a sport sedan
>plenty of power and enough handling to pull any maneuver I want
>can handle poorly maintained city streets and sharp driveway angles
>good in all weather conditions

people that started their own business and make a lot of money user. shitposting on a workday is no way to afford a $94,000 truck. you have to be more productive with your time to afford luxury items

or just to compensate for their tiny peen
fuck outta here dicklet

And making money is a good reason to buy an impractical, glorified tractor, yes?

No.You'd like an X5. Not an X6 """coupe""".
>great visibility
No, not to the rear. Blindspots are not practical in freeway traffic.
>lots of room, i'd take colleagues with me
Less room than in an X5. You'll take one guy with you because the roofline maes it uncomfortable in the back for non-manlets
>more comfortable ride than in a sports sedan
Read up some reviews, the ride in the X6 is harsher than in a comparable 5 series, especially in M trim
>plenty of power and handling that is good enough
Sure, but a sedan with the same engine would do better
>can handle rough roads better
Agreed
>good in all weather
Yes, it's a modern premium car (sorta) with plenty of electronic assists and AWD. But, again, if you have to avoid an obstacle, a sedan would do slightly better on the limit.

All in all, if you seek practicality, go the X5 route. If you seek drivind dynamics, go the 5/7 series route. If you want a non poorfag BMW, don't care about practicality but can't drive a 5 series on the rough roads on your daily commute, then the X6 is for you

They're both bad, but the X6 actually manages to be even more obnoxious. The pickup at least has a nominal utility purpose

Dude these cars are like 110k and you can see slightly used ones for less than 90k.

Ive seen X6Ms here in SoCal and 100% theyre driven by rich arab kids whose mom told them to buy something "safe".

>not to the rear
true, but you're still looking over most traffic in front of and to the sides of you

>rear headroom issue
its 1" shorter than an m5's headroom at 37.3 instead of 38.3

>less room than an x5
>sedan would be faster

Yeah, this is a middleground with more room than the sedan and more performance than the x5. Also, from what I've seen, from a dead stop it gets going quicker than an m5

>avoid an obstacle at the limit
this is not a car I'd be taking to the limit, it was suggested as a commuter

SQ5 it's pretty sweet if you never driven one.

I expect the average American thinks they look good somehow but in Europe they’re driven only by Arabs.

looks like fucked up ugly brera

these are driven by hardest and manliest motherfuckers around today aka ppl who do manual labor

people who have no interest in cars or driving end up buying these pieces of shit

>manual labor chumps
>$90k king ranch denali one tons
Yeah no. Maybe if they want to bleed every last dime into that thing.

this
i'm also brainwashed to liking these.

>What kind of people looks at a X6M (or an GLE-class AMG) and says "yep this looks good, I should buy it"?
Persian men, well off twenty something
Chinese men, 40+ year old upper middle class women with fake tans.

>What kind of people looks at a X6M (or an GLE-class AMG) and says "yep this looks good, I should buy it"?
Basic rich white bitches
>40+ year old upper middle class women with fake tans.
aka MILF pic-related

>these are driven by hardest and manlet motherfuckers with a teenie weenie
fixd
>ppl who do manual labor
lol then they must be the gullible fools for shelling out $97K ford tin truck. Good goyim

i work at a factory and all the hardest working guys with the most physically demanding or mechanical jobs all have at least one of the following

>motorcycle
>economy car
>family hauler SUV
>cheap single cab truck with tools and trash in the back
the few guys with shiny new crew cab trucks have the easiest jobs and most of them are manlets. the parking lot management uses has one crew cab truck in it but it's mostly sedans and crossovers.

said factory is also in an industrial district and this holds true for most of the businesses there. lots of motorcycles, sportscars, shitboxes, and shittrucks parked outside, not a lot of luxury sedans with cosmetic bed attachments. you see a lot of em at costco though.

and by motorcycles i do not mean harleys or other manly icons of americana. cheap rice burners, carburated ninja 600s and shit like that. some guys do it because they have no other way to have fun since they work so much overtime their free time is their commute to work, other guys do it because it's all they can afford (insurance is optional for motorcycles)

Hmm I live in the beach city area and x6m are usually older 40-50 y/o white dudes who got too cucked for sports car since they had kids

>want to be able to go everywhere (or at least feel that way)
>want to go everywhere as fast as traffic permits
>want to be able to load in all of the things
>want a German luxury car
>want a sporty car (without knowing what that actually means)
>want to demonstrate unlimited prosperity
That's the thought process. As for the kind of person that things that way? Probably the rich and famous, people that spend a million on a fundraising banquet with caviar, truffles and champagne, and collect some 150 grand to donate to starving African children. I'm not sure how to feel about these people.