GM outta take the current Impala and make a Caprice edition with a V8 [spoiler]and rwd[spoiler]

GM outta take the current Impala and make a Caprice edition with a V8 [spoiler]and rwd[spoiler]

I dig this concept picture and Id like an honest return of the full-sized caprice.

Other urls found in this thread:

gmauthority.com/blog/2017/07/general-motors-june-2017-sales-figures-numbers-results-united-states/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not happening, not now, not ever

the impala is fwd
also pic related

Feels too much like a last gen malibu and they are pretty cramped inside, especially the back seat.
I like the concept art in the op more, It looks like the 90's version with a slight face lift

The general public in the States and probably Canada never got these unless you want a gutted police car that jim-bob decommissioned with a hack saw.

who exactly would be the target market for this abomination
i can't see it being driven by anyone except for 90 year olds and donked-out basketball Americans

didm't they only sell those in aus and the middle east?
they gave them an SS too

They sold them in the US as police interceptors. For a civilian to have one I to think you would need to get a decommissioned cop car

This. The SS was a feeler back into the RWD performance sedan market, because people everywhere said they wanted it, and now it's getting the axe.

I'm neither and I like it

>retro-landyacht
REJOICE GEEZERS!!!

Geezers and niggers will go to the domestic dealerships in droves. Hey GM, FUND THIS TO MAKE IT HAPPENS!

Part of that comes from the fact that the Commodore is getting the Axe too. Well at least the RWD proper one.

>i can't see it being driven by anyone except for 90 year olds and donked-out basketball Americans
Soooo exactly the demographic who drives large GM cars now?

Fine then, I'll just start my own car company!

It'll have plenty V8s, Manuals, and rwd

You haters will all be sorry when big sedans, small pick-ups, Ute-style, and wagons come back to the scene!

Trump wont have shit on me, I'm gonna be the one that make America great again!

im 21 and i drive large gm cars. fuck u

This. Gaudy shitbarge concept trying to ride the waves of 25 years ago.

Nigger cars. End of discussion. Race war when?

SS had the gas guzzler tax
everyone raves about it, but its a thirsty pig of a car which would actually have been better if it had better highway mpg

>because people everywhere said they wanted it, and now it's getting the axe.
Yeah, because people expected it to cost 30 grand, not 45 grand, because they expected it to be a poorly made Murrikan shitbucket, not a reasonably well assembled Australian performance sedan.

Gawd dang corporates ripping off dem honest workers, I tell ya, I'll just buy a far bigger Impaler for far less money instead!

Fuck off

When you go back

Good luck, user.

This. Full-size sedans, and especially sport sedans, really get shit on hard by the US fuel economy rules (as do a lot of other Veeky Forums favorites like station wagons).

the fact its not really more economical than a TAHOE is unreasonable

Full size sedans are obsolete, except in buyers with a budget above $70,000. GM sells Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, and Escalades to the same people that used to buy Impalas, Caprices, Roadmasters, and Fleetwoods.

What's the difference? GMT K2XX SUVs have powerful V8 engines, lots of passenger room, a smooth ride, a contemporary look, and a presence. They also have 4WD capabilities, ride higher, and have greater and more accessible cargo space, which full size sedans do not have.

Impala sales are way down and the CT6 is off to a disappointing start. Tahoe and Suburban sales continue to rise as they have since the SUV boom of the 2000s.
gmauthority.com/blog/2017/07/general-motors-june-2017-sales-figures-numbers-results-united-states/
>June Impala sales down 77% (2808 units) from June 2016

This is all okay, except for the nostalgic. Buyers have found a better product, and that's called progress. Full size boat sedans will go down in history. As for the nameplates, I can see GM renaming the Malibu into the Impala, as the Malibu name carries a bad reputation, and the Impala name is a classic. Either that, or continue building sport sedans, or perhaps something like an elongated Camaro.

>The SS was a feeler back into the RWD performance sedan market,
No, it wasn't, the SS was built because an Australian government subsidy required Holden to export a minimum of 10,000 cars a year to avoid paying approximately 50% of their property tax for their facilities, and enough police departments had rules saying their had to buy NAFTA manufactured cruisers that they couldn't sell enough Caprice PPVs to meet this requirement.

Chevrolet had no interest in selling more than about 5,000 SSs per year, which is why they didn't market them at all.

My fucking god i want something like that built on the Omega platform with a V8.
>those half hidden rear wheels
muh DICK!

Could be why they didn't have a sales goal at all. They said they'd build as many as people wanted.
Could be why they gave it such a lifeless name, rather than bring back a storied name like Chevelle. Excitement would be too high for a temporary model.
Makes sense.

>nostalgic
>progress

not everybody wants a fuck huge refrigerator that's too big to fit into a garage.

>return of the full-sized caprice.
Full-sized cars are ignored in a lot of parking lot plans nowadays. Or haven't you noticed? Sure, some places like Costco and Sam's Club still make parking lots compatible for full-sized cars, but a lot of other stores and plaza malls now have most of the spots and aisle widths sized for shorter cars. If lots of people started buying full-sized cars again, there's going to be a large increase in the number of parking lot hit and runs where people scrape your front or rear fender as they enter or leave a parking spot.

Wouldn't sell. Give up.

Just wait until gas prices go to 4 bucks again where they should actually be.

True

>Id like an honest return of the full-sized

Private passenger car owners do not want limousine-sized cars. Those full-sized cars will not sell in meaningful quantity. They also are subject to the gas guzzler tax as well as lowering the overall MPG of the Make's aggregate car totals. That's bad for profits since the lower the aggregate MPG of the entire Make's lines, the less profit there is after the EPA incentivized tax regulations are implemented.

Full size sedans don't get much better fuel economy than SUVs. The buyers don't care about fuel economy either.

Thanks, SUV protectionist legislation!

>Man, they really rather buy the sporty german limousines half as big as ours. What should we do?
>Let's make more of the shitty landyachty poorly built gas guzzling shitbuckets. Surely, they'll buy 'em this time

It didn't need a boomer car name. Just a name. Do you know how difficult it is trying to look for something called "Chevy SS" on the internet?

>not everybody wants a fuck huge refrigerator that's too big to fit into a garage.

Who is going to actually buy it? You? OP? Don't kid yourself, it would bomb harder that the Laserdisc

They could make a poorman ct6 or a poorman cts/ats. The alpha and the omega platform are the only decent thing that gm made that arent engines. They just do what ford did in the 80s and make a 4 door camaro.

So you're a basketball-American then?

>GM outta take the current Impala and make a Caprice edition with a V8 [spoiler]and rwd[spoiler]
It (was) a thing. The closest civilian model to it is the Chevy SS.