So I just returned from deployment...

So I just returned from deployment, managed to bank some good money and I've got about $30K that I can spare to put towards a car. (I want to buy in cash, I hate loans)

I've been debating on different cars I should buy, the 2013+ Hyundai Genesis' have been at the top of my list, but i'm sure there are others to consider. I really just want RWD or AWD and must be a manual transmission.

Or maybe I should just put this money into savings... idk yet, convince me.

My advice, get a loan and pay it off quickly. Loans will help your credit and keep cash in your pocket if you need it, until you're ready to pay it off.

Problem is, that hoonday will lose a ton of value. Jist get a accord coupe and appreciate that its a decent car, definitely fun, with the 270ho V6, and that it will be worth a lot. Of mkney when you sell it vs fhat korean

>Military
>wants to buy a shitty Genesis coupe
The stereotypes write themselves

I thought about doing a loan because I agree it is nice to have that money available, but if I bought in cash I would still have another $10k or so left that I could pull from in an emergency. I did have a 48 month loan on my current car which I paid off in less than 2 years because I really hate making payments on stuff.

I did a 2 year loan last time I bought a car even though I could have paid for it outright. I figured it would be good for my credit score and then I'd pay it off over a few months anyway unless something came up and I needed to pay it off slowly.

Turns out a bunch of banks declined to issue the loan because my credit history doesn't have any recent loans on it. Last one was about 15 years ago. Just can't win.

Holy hell do NOT put your money into some korean shitbox. It will be worth fuck nothing in a few years.

Save that money.

What do you drive now?

Buy a house, and get an education.

Use that money to invest. Build your life up. Then buy the toy when you get established.

CPO 2014 BMW 435xi
Can be had with low miles for ~35k
0-60 in 4.4 seconds
Comes with 4 year warranty
2 years of complimentary servicing
Same engine as the M4, with an exhaust done it will sound the same as an M4.
Handles well in all weather
Paddle shift gear box
Easy launch control
Angel Eyes

What more could you want?

>(I want to buy in cash, I hate loans)
so you're an idiot. No need to read any more

>Use that money to invest. Build your life up. Then buy the toy when you get established.
Fucking bullshit to be honest. I'm Established, I own a house, I make over six figures, but when I ask people about buying a fun car I get no you have to be a fucking billionaire when you're 85!

OP should enjoy his welfare queen money.

>What more could you want?

A reliable vehicle that won't self destruct a day after the warranty expires.

I would advise this as well. I would get something like a 4 year loan and pay it off in half that. Credit is essential in today’s world.

>Not buying a nice used race car thats somehow still street legal.

As someone who got back from their last deployment and blew all my money on car parts, don't. Put it in savings or invest it, spend a little bit on upgrades for your shitbox if you have one, if not, buy a reliable cheap used car.

buy a garage or building with that money instead.

this really, just buy 2 reliable one owner cars for like 2 to 4k a piece. And then just keep them maintained well.

dont do it drive a beater and buy a vacant lot get a new construction loan and have a home built designed for roomies (private bath each bedroom) then rent to your friends and have them pay back the loan and when you move now youre renting all the bedrooms and the house is paying for itself shnegro

and dont buy one in some new subdivision get it in the hood or something where shits cheap and live like ballers in the best house on the block. doesnt need to be a mcmansion

Invest In some index funds instead of buying a depreciating shitbox. If you must have a "fun" car get an older mustang or a miata that's already depreciated 80%

Why not get a jdm?
Import a nice rx7 or even a skyline.

>Buy a FWD econobox instead OP muh resale!

You are the type of fag that uses seat covers and wheel covers to protect the resale value.

KYS

>Spending 30k on a Korean Mustang instead of buying a legitimately good RWD car

I wouldn't get the genesis, it's shit and penis window. However, arguments based on resale value are absolutely retarded.

A 2013 wouldn't really cost $30k I hope. That being said, $15k give or take should be enough to pick up a somewhat older nice ride.

Resale value isn't going to mean much by the time he's done with it, and that leaves the rest of the $30k to do something adult with, assuming he isn't sold on driving a shitbox and getting into the rental property game.

Sounds like your an e1-e5 max. Don't be a dumbass. Save that cash for when you get out. Go to college and build wealth.

You really want to spent that hazard pay money on a Genesis. Don't be like the other retards in the barracks. Get a decent car for 10k if you really need a ride. Don't blow your wad just to impress the depends and Jody.

Correction dependas***

build a house but im not typing that shit out again because its my personal plan

Or you could buy a Boss 302 and have a much much better car that will actually retain most of it's value over years?

I bought a '14 3.8 GT (Leaf equivalent of Ultimate trim) with 13,000km for $21,500 CAD, private sale. I plan to drive this thing into the ground, so I wasn't concerned with resale. It's a fun car, go for it.

Get a set of rigid collars to firm everything up a bit, put in a slightly thicker rear sway bar to undo the factory understeer, and you're good to go.

Yeah, fantastic,your a faggot.

He gets a good job, with his education, and already having equity built up, the second he's done with school he can go out and buy what ever fucking car he wants. Not settling for a shitty little Korean car.

>I want to buy in cash, I hate loans

Then you need to go to some kind of finance course, you fucking moron.

Holy shit, you're going to blow a fat wad of CASH on the shittiest of the manual sports cars? Mother of god, you're like a walking stereotype.

My econ 101 course was taught by a somewhat world-famous economist. Of course we didn't get in to anything applicable to daily life, since he was an academic.

But we did learn that you can shoot heroin every weekend and not get addicted. That's what he claimed, anyway.

Buy a very lightly used Chevy SS. Look up the stats on it. You'll thank me later.