Fast in a straight line & through the turns, for a value

If you want to go fast in a straight line, for a value, you buy a Mustang GT. If you want to go fast through the turns, for a value, you buy a Miata.

If you want both for a value, what do you buy?

>inb4 the Mustang handles much better now
I know, I own one.

You'd think Ford could just put the Coyote in a lighter car, but probably nobody would buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xjKjnbOsSEs
cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/019/208/2017-01-30-Solo-Rules-complete-reduced.pdf?1485811400
fordauthority.com/2017/03/ford-mustang-boss-302-spoils-camaro-gt4-r-debut/
sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/standings/manufacturer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Camaro SS 1LE. Anyone who thinks they can't turn is fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=xjKjnbOsSEs

k20 swap MRS
Literally poor mans 911

they' can't fucking turn.
By solid axle standards they can but by s2k/gt86/mrs touge monster standards there are better handling milkfloats than that

That really does seem to be the answer. It's the only one I could come up with.

Got any evidence to back that up?

Point being, you can't have both for cheap.

>You'd think Ford could just put the Coyote in a lighter car, but probably nobody would buy it.
Since the Camaro has utterly crushed the Mustang in performance, hopefully that'll push Ford to make the next Mustang much lighter to compete and use more aluminum.

s2k

>utterly crushed
Yea, that's a bit of a stretch, but yet, Camaro is currently on top, if performance is the only thing you're looking at. But these two cars switch places all the time. It's what keeps them competitive.

>fast in a straight line
Yea, nope.

So that's a no. You can't back that up. Because it's flat out wrong.

Hmm...I think you've misunderstood my comment. I was referring to the first point. Not the second one.

Hard to keep track.
SS 1LE is in SCCA's AS (second highest unmodified street car class) for autox, which is purely about handling. Higher classes give larger time penalty for their events. S2k and miatas are both in classes below that, so SCCA thinks the 1LE is faster around very tight handling courses and they have data from tons of drivers across the country to back that up. For what it's worth other cars in the AS class include the old NSX, certain 911s and all Caymans (except GT4). To say the 1LE can't handle is retarded

>solid axle
Camaros haven't had solid axles for 25 years m8

Is there a way to search their classification database to see which cars are in which class?

cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/019/208/2017-01-30-Solo-Rules-complete-reduced.pdf?1485811400

Go to page 143

Thank you very much!

>tfw your S550 Mustang is in the FS class.

I know this is my car waifu and I post it a lot, but it's valid here. Run a turbo ej25 and an STI six speed and you'll have north of 270hp in an 1800lb car. That's fast.

FS isn't too bad though. E46 and E9x M3s are also in FS.

The Audi TT and BMW Z3/4 seem like they'd fit the bill, no?

Camaro SS 1LE is cheaper and faster and grippier and more reliable than a Z4.
>audisteering
No

>new cars
>""""""value""""""

I came here to say camaro 1LE and also post my camaro 1LE

>this is max steering lock

almost, yeah. it still makes a 38 foot turning circle

>If you want both for a value, what do you buy?
Not possible.
What you are trying to get is in exotic/supercar or high tier sports car territory. Cheapest for a new straight line and cornering car would be a Camaro ZL1 or, despite the shitposting surrounding it, a GT350r. Other than that you're going to be being an older used exotic car.

ignore the retarded GM cucks, in the real world, not even the 300k camaro GT4 can beat a solid axle mustang
fordauthority.com/2017/03/ford-mustang-boss-302-spoils-camaro-gt4-r-debut/

Camaro SS 1LE

nope

>buy a miata
Why the fuck would I do that?

Here are some cars that are slower than a Camaro

and here is one that is faster than the fastest camaro stay BTFO GM cuck

A bike

lol my nigga that was the cars first race ever.
since then its been a lot of camaro winning and mustang DNFing

>excuses

GM is in last place

sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/standings/manufacturer

looks like when the camaro shows up, it gets more points than the mustang 4 out of 6 times

looks like GM is 100 points behind and literally can't compete

shitty color user

This.

Haters are on the same level as cheeto faggot.

wrx

i think its pretty nice actually

fugg thats meant for

Ford doesn't make a roadster for the same reason they don't make a corvette competitor; it would cannibalize Mustang sales.

GT350 w/track pack (now standard) competes with the C7 Stingray in price and performance, and the GT350R competes with the Grand Sport. GT500 will probably be a Z06 alternative unless they decide to make it a dragstrip queen.

evo
bimmer

the base gt350 gets undercut by the 1LE camaro buy $12k

and they make 100 gt350Rs a year, it hardly competes with anything outside of articles online

These kind of cars command such a small share of the market that no reasonable business would be making a lot of them. Then again, Goyim Motors has never been much of a reasonable business.

Hm...

>If you want both for a value, what do you buy?

C5 Corvette. Lots of power and autocross-grade handling for basically no money.