Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o
twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/874878007835492353
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PlayBlue

Does it bother anyone else when someone says "sayan" instead of sayajin? I don't even know why the this stupid word was even created.

my only goal in t7 is to stay 1 rank above the other tripfags, so stay at your shitty brawler rank now

I'm probably the only one autistic enough to care about this but this stick is just shameful

Gotta rely on your franchise's legacy to sell because your new stuff isn't marketable. The new art looks completey shit compared to the original, too. The colors and the shading are dA tier

Seriously, fuck Capcom

No because I'm not a fucking weeb. It's saiyan in english, saying saiyajin is like adding -san to someone's name when speaking in english.

Imagine being Combofiend in that development cycle, having to be all "damn MvCI, you play fuckin' fine, with your mash square combos and horrific androgynous Chun-Li monster face"

>It's saiyan in english

It's saiyan in the stupid funimation dub, the real name is sayajin, you retard.

Who cares, it's so ingrained at this point.

>besides memes, does anyone have a real reason to shit on capcom?

Literallly the entirety of SFV? Plus the entire marketing for MVCI.

AHEM THE CORRECT TERM IS SUPER SPACE WARRIOR

youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o

>green ranks
highwaystar is already a tekken god, speed up

tfw the DBZ characters you like are all popular so you won't be able to be a special snowflake

Kill yourself

what happened to him saying that GG is the best game or some shit

Anya best idolmaster

Bouken is proof that current gen capcom games can break a man

bouken is a garbage SF4 babb who only knows SF4 and thinks that all games should be SF4 which is why he will never be able to find a maingame again.

um kappabros? infil just said the new mvc looks really fun. what can we do about this?

Why does Capcom keep making characters ugly?

He played GG and then goobers began talking about SFV was dead because of it. It was never his favorite game.

James Chen aswell

ANIMEPEDOS
LEAVE
OR
ELSE

-jin is used in japanese to indicate that it's a person from a specific location, nihonjin, amerikajin, etc. saiyan is a perfectly fine translation

Those are real reasons. Doesn't matter how fast they fixed it they thought so little of you as a consumer that they didn't even think about the possible consequences of their action.
人 or Jin means person/people. Calling them Saiya People doesn't really sound natural.

"jin" means "person" in japanese.

Anya is an adult...

No you fucking retard. "jin" is a suffix that indicates nationality. You don't keep it in english, just like you don't keep "-san" at the end of someone's name. In english, most of the time we add "an" to the end of the country to denote nationality.
Amerikajin -> American
Kanadajin -> Canadian
Itariajin -> Italian
Saiyajin -> Saiyan

Going by that logic then Jinpachi means "Slot Machine Person".

Ramburger

I'm still looking forward to DMC5.

Thoughts?

My thoughts? Is that this game is going to be a massive dissapointment and DBZF will actually be way better.

Best character in SFV coming through.

gib venom

Japanese is a language with a lot of homophones. Kanji exists to help differentiate between them.

>I'm still looking forward to a game released 4 years ago

ok

Wud play BBall with

i'm going to main hunter and venom

Burgs only

Numpad notation is fucking retarded and I hope none of you use that shite

hella suspect

as someone else pointed out unreal engine doesnt use zips for anything, its all proprietary compression (e.g. the .paks in sfv)

S U P P O R T M E

What engine actually uses zips?

>Numpad notation
>Used by all anime communities worldwide
>Used by all Japanese communities for every games
>Can be learned in 5 seconds and then be used for literally everything

>"""Western""" notation
>Only used by american Street Fighter players

hey broski
how's it feel to know your two favorite games sfv and mvci are reviled by the entire fgc

Does MvCI ask both players for rematches or are we stuck in the thumbs up tech?

Anything made by Capcom programmers most likely.

tfw no bulma throwing random capsules like Faust

the producer said the characters shown are the simplest to pick up so hopefully there's some more complex characters

SFV doesnt.
SFV and Tekken7 have almost the same file structure.

>SFV and Tekken7 have almost the same file structure

Why is Tekken 7 so much better then?

>A Smashfag
>A Gamergater
>Someone who doesn't play fighting games
Really says a lot about american notation...

>tekken 7
>better than anything

because file structure has little to do with the user experience?

Despite all the recent opinion in regards of SFV's limited gameplan in terms of expressiveness at high level play, I feel like there is a big misunderstanding on what's causing this limitation.

The game isn't limited because it has more lenient execution or because the normal feel stubby. Those things can be indeed problematic but they don't necessarely mean that the final game will be limited.

Look at Rising Thunder, for example. The game had indeed simplified inputs for specials but that didn't make the game more limited, since it had still a lot going on.

The reason why the game at high level play results in being so shallow has to do with a much deeper problem that goes on a design level of the characters. Every character in this game is built around simple, homogeneous gameplans. Every character has similar combo structure, same not well-defined neutral, same corner carry heavy imposition. The tools that can give characters more going on are either nerfed or non-existent.

For example, look at how Chun-Li played in that build shown at Capcom Cup 2014 and compare that version of the character to what she ended up being.

The former had a special cancellable target combo, less links than what she has now, special follow-ups for the air target combo, different enders for her Lighting Legs and the super used to launch the opponent on air like it used to in 3S. After that build, the character has been nerfed so much that it became a totally different and more limited character. Now it has more links (which makes her more similar to other characters in the game), a CA that doesn't lead to some post-super combos just like any CA in the game and a much more limited air game.

The bigger problem with this game is this. The general lack of creativity when it comes to gameplay design with these characters ultimately hurts the more passionate players expression with this game, resulting in a generally more shallow experience.

This is what SFV fucked up the most.

doubt it

imagine being such a braindead r/kappa sperg

I'm an 09er who enjoys dead fc shit and goobers and t7
sfxt+ era capcom is just trash man, accept it

post cfn

anyone tekken 7 pc eu?

>since it had still a lot going on.

>I'm an 09er
Thats all I needed to hear.

No

play booty

Compared to SFV, yes.

lmao
the game didnt even have different special strengths.
fucking clueless shitter.

listen
if you are not AT LEAST diamond league, you are not even human. you are living trash. you have not earned the right to hold an opinion. accept this.

I mashed out specials in sf2 on a friend's snes back when I was like 5 so I guess I'm actually an og tough luck pal guess I have more cred than you

>More buttons means the game has more going on

Way to be a scrub, Doug Funnie.

twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/874878007835492353

Please don't be another capcom faggot.

>more specials doesnt mean that the game has more going on
stay in r/kappa.

>snes
>not mashing buttons on an arcade machine while daddy is having drinks

Sounds like a Guilty Gear character.

if 18 is the only female in the cast it's over, these threads will always be 18 sniff fests. and i don't like that at all.

I played shmups on those, we didn't have any with fighting games. I did play xmen vs sf on holiday in spain though. guess I'm even more real than those mvc1 players

Anyone EU PC wanna play Rev 2?

toobee

Lmao keep dreaming for your female saiyan Superfag, 18 is all we need

depends on who this is

There is no other relevant female character in DBZ.

What are you, gay?

please do not ruin 18's design like that

When is Capcom going to reveal Abigail?

>Update

who will have the most unique playstyle in DBF?

At this point you'd better wait for evo.

Remember when broski made that post about how SFV is the best, just before tekken overtook it? And now DBZ has already killed marvel even though it won't be out for a year?

>Almost perfect a Necalli
>Pops v-trigger
>Fucking destroys me
>This happens round after round
I'm mad.

Just an user. I have like 20 hours in the game, and I've only really played nee-socks from here.

When they'll drop support for this shit ass game, hopefully sooner than later.

I can play Tekken if he doesn't want to play

Gotenks with his ghost attacks

>all these people talking about Marvel vs Capcom or Dragon Ball
>gives zero shits about any of those just wants to talk about my favorite fighting game
>can't because my posts get ignored

Fuck

have you forgotten about videl. i dont mind 18, just want more female cast, and sadly z didnt have that outside launch and videl and chi chi.

its just like whats the point

18's design is the perfect combination of strong, sexy and smug, why do you feel the need to staple on some cow udders and change her figure to the stupid LE THICC meme

are you such a pervert that you cant appreciate a waifu unless she's another generic doujinbait bimbo with tits bigger than her head?

Maybe an ArcSys character?