/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General #1078

Genji Armor Edition

>Stormblood Launch Trailer
youtu.be/Acf6lPBNXOU

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASYR XIV: STORMBLOOD? (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/Cb5S0WZt

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/327570-WHM-might-be-meta
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is the final Heavensward thread we will ever have. Post fond memories of Heavensward

Goodbye Heaven Sword

how many times do you think meria pissed and shat today

4th for wanting to be bred by dr pepper-infused grape cat!

IF YOU ARE A TANK

LISTEN UP

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO DO THIS OR YOU ARE FUCKED

BEFORE MAINTENANCE STARTS TONIGHT, EQUIP i270 STRENGTH ACCESSORIES ON RIGHT SLOT

THE PATCH WILL NOT UNEQUIP YOUR STR ACCESSORIES
>THE PATCH WILL NOT UNEQUIP YOUR STR ACCESSORIES
THE PATCH WILL NOT UNEQUIP YOUR STR ACCESSORIES

IF YOU CARE ABOUT RAID PROGRESSION, DO THIS SHIT. YOU HAVE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO DO IT

DO IT OR YOU ARE FUCKED

>i270 being BiS by the end of SB

Meria's toilet uses, 6/14/2017, 11:04 am

Pisses: 372 pisses

Shits: 184 shits

Are you retarded
Oh wait you're the same retard that tried shilling elemental resistances

looks like meria did some big pisses ...

and big shits too

i270 accessories will surely be BiS for tanks up until Omega EX4 gets cleared

88 points of STR > 120 points of VIT anyday

it's almost like you don't understand meta

is it worth never being able to play any other tank or use any other gearsets or crafters or gatherers though?

Don't believe ondore's lies

>10 gold feathers for transferring to a dead server
I'd have the ERP mount by now if any of he people I recruited had actually subbed.

>being this autistic

w e w

Are we still using non-final numbers for calculations?

I'll remake that once they're out.

He just told me on /v/ that any tank wearing 270 star will be instantly recruited into world progression groups on release day

How come arc gets two jobs instead of one like everyone else?

Don't eat all of the bait idiots.

>How come arc gets two jobs instead of one like everyone else?

Casuals

the purpose was for every single class to have 2 jobs available to them

then the casuals came

Because they wanted to cobtinue the branching job system but then realized it's fucking trash so now arcanist is a huge tumor in the side of SE on how to balance it.

brd or mch

>Gift of 15 days of free play time(*2)

naisu

blm

Actually one second, just checked with the SMN skill list since it should be the same. I made an error with SCH and gave it +120 potency on miasma (2 miasma instances last for 48 seconds ticking 16 times for 35 each + 40 extra damage = 600, not 720). So just remove that from the total and you have a pretty good idea of how much potency/min SCH will be doing on SB.

As for WHM we'll have to wait but doubt they're messing with it considering all the drama.

Everyone has known WHM does more personal. Whats important is factoring in party damage from buffs which WHM has none of.

Who is ondore

Have you got everything you wanted to do before SB completed yet?

I didn't get to finish up MCH like I wanted, but I'm okay with that. Gives me a chance to get used to the changes.

Still have some extremes and other misc stuff, but I managed to finish the story at least.

Still haven't even finished ARR's story, I got to level 46.

Should I just submit an application to a vg FC if I want in?

>not factoring in Chain Stratagem
>dummy parse for a healer
Holy shit, you're a retard.

Either that, or message the officers.

Yes. Or you can message one of the names listed in the pastebin for that FC and talk to them.

How else are you planning on getting in?

That's the thing, i haven't checked this guy math from top to bottom but there seems to be a breaking point where WHM personal dps alone is enough to break the rdps gains from stratagem.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/327570-WHM-might-be-meta

Considering WHM can dish out +1.2k potency/min by the math above that's like stamping a ~15% 24/7 balance card on scholar and let it go wild.

>more dummy parses
Stop.
Just fucking stop comparing healer DPS as if it's a dummy parse.
Healers will never, ever not waste GCDs healing.

So the meta is WHM/AST but nobody will accept it till Xeno and MrHappy says it.

>posts math for a maximum value
>wah healers will always waste gcds healing

Then the values will be lower for both healers.

Not even close. But i got distracted by other games on top of being bored of the content anyway. At the very least ill get the tokens/tomestone for my RDM weapon today with Ex.

Highlanders

Nobody knows what the meta is because nobody knows how much of a DPS boost chain stratagem is yet. They also don't know how many gcds healers need to spend healing in the fights.

>Then the values will be lower for both healers.
No, you fucking retard.
The thing that's always made SCH relevent is that they waste the fewest GCDs out of the three healers due to their fairy.
I'm really tired of all these armchair raiders theorycrafting.

WHM does more DPS than SCH right now on a dummy parse. WHM must have been meta once AST was buffed!

The difference is in gcd usage for heals. All healers don't use the same number of gcds for healing. Typically scholar uses fewer. We'll have to see what happens and if that changes.

Atleast you got the story caught up so you can jump in on friday!
M-maybe if you try REALLY hard you can get to 50 by maintenance
Oh that's good, I haven't got anything for RDM/SAM yet but I don't plan on playing those until i've done other things like finishing the SB MSQ, levelled MIN and a crafter to 70. I did get all my prep work done and got my anima finished last week just in time for it to be relegated to a glamour!
Midlanders

WHM and SCH have the exact same amount of dps gcds, and one of the WHM gcds heals everyone for 300 potency.

WHM can drop a gcd of stone IV to drop a medica II and still be ahead of SCH by 1k dps.

If its that close people will just use WHM for safety reasons.

I've got the iromworks and shire sets fully upgraded for sam, plus the extra poetics for the weapons, with a spare carbontwine to upgrade the sword.

Why are you even arguing about healer dps?
If you want to dps then make a dps job.

Holy shit, you're retarded.
Just stop, dude. You have no idea what you're talking about.
We will know nothing about healer meta until the raid tier is released.

Great argument.

The argument is you're retarded.
WHM uses vastly more GCDs on healing than SCH does.
They have to use Regen every 18 seconds, for fuck's sake. It's not just casting Medica II.

They don't have the same number of gcds for DPS because we don't know how many each will need for healing. That math is based on an assumption that both sch and whm will spend an equal number of gcds healing, thus giving them an equal number of gcds to DPS. It's unlikely that's going to be the case. Assize is a big boost to whm off gcd healing but all it does it match evenly with indom where scholar still has the fairy skills and rouse.

Bottom line is we don't know what's going to happen, but using what amounts to a dummy parse to suggest that whm will be better is a flawed argument.

Take meds

oh shit waddap

Sounds like you're just another frightened scholar afraid to lose your spot.

Exactly, that's why I won't res as RDM since it's not my job to keep people alive

I played WHM in 3.X

Didn't you transfer servers after people shat on you for trying to make fun of raiding

Excuse me but wtf r u doin?
U can't just post 1 pic of that hottie and then stop

Maybe if you just let the healer get on with healing then you wouldn't need to res anyone at all.

Post egg.

Can we PLEASE be friends?

>Veeky Forums filename

You post more of yours!

This is cute!

*21 seconds

Keeping MT with regen 24/7 takes 3 gcds+1medica II a min and you still have WHM dealing more dps than SCH by 1 stone IV.

And this is, if SCH on the same situation doesn't do anything and sits on cleric 24/7.

eggposting

Will samurai be deeps or tanku?

pst

strength DPS

DPS

>*21 seconds
No. You want to cast Regen before it falls off just like a DoT otherwise you risk losing a tick.

>cleric 24/7
Holy shit. You're the same idiot who thinks Cleric Stance is still in the game.
I'm done, dude. You're a fucking retard.

First time player here, should I buy the complete edition or buy the diferent xpacs??

Still need to see what happened to confessions mainly, if they have chance to come out with hots/dps that will certainly even out the field.

Regen ticks once every 3 seconds, refreshing at 18s does fuck nothing.

>Holy shit. You're the same idiot who thinks Cleric Stance is still in the game.
Force of habit, you sure need to chill.

>Should I buy the full-game in a bundle at a discounted price or spend more money buying everything separately

Gee I dunno.

>Regen ticks once every 3 seconds, refreshing at 18s does fuck nothing.
You have no idea how this game works.

HoT/DoTs are check by the server on a 3 second time that is not in-line with when you cast the HoT/DoT.
If you don't refresh the HoT/DoT before it falls off you can risk losing a tick that would have happen between it falling off and you putting it back up.
That's why SMN doesn't just let their DoTs fall off.

Stop trying to talk about the game. You have no idea what you're saying.

>mfw I didn't finish MSQ before launch

If the expansion turns out to be bad I'm going to be so mad.

Au Ra really push their butts out ontop of the egg.
Good catch.

Eggu

I want to lick that tummy

Show me your characters and what class you'll be leveling first in Stormblood.

Bonus points: If you have played since 1.0, what of anything keeps you sticking to FFXIV?

And cats cling on for dear life. I also approve of brown cat egg posting, continue.

complete edition user. I suggest getting a recruit a friend code too so you can get some free items for gear and bonus xp. just ask if you want one!

I'm going to level samurai obviously.

>can make an alt on mateus to hang out with yysara
>get 15 days free time

Why is this person reposting other people's images?

They should have made that mount a golden nut cause i nut everytime i see someone riding it

Still at work atm, but I will ask once I get home, also any recomendation for a free company in NA?

No shit user, you also have to pay attention to the server timer as the ticks don't come out every 3 seconds of the dot is up but on a 3 second timer based of when the dot is up.
Regen being a instant cast it's extremely easy to just throw it right when it's about to fall off keeping it up 24/7 and keeping the casts to a bare minimum.

Sure letting the hot fall off is bad but reapplying it so early is also detrimental. The best is to throw it when the hot is 1s away of falling off.

eggbutt

>you also have to pay attention to the server timer
No one does this.
Get out of your armchair. I'm done dealing with your stupid shit.

Miqo'te and Au Ra riding poses on the egg and ADS mounts is just dumb desu

hello gamers

Guess

What server are each of you on?

It's Amber.