/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

SPREAD THE LOVE EDITION

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru (embed) (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Ask for a guest pass in the thread if you don't want to commit to 10 fucking dollars oy vey.
All classes can be fun and/or viable.
If you have to ask, the game isn't worth it. Go away.

Previous thread:

3======D~~~~~~~~

finally awakened my warrior

not really impressed pve wise

good bread

I like Aena.

probably because they're shit at PvE

whats good at pve then?

My next options were tamer or musa

QoL

Went afk fishing on a dock in Altinova and came back to find my character had decided to take a trip.

How limiting are the gender locked classes?
Can only certain genders serve a specific role or does other gender have an equal use as well?

Also, how does the PVP work here? Im told its open world pvp past a certain point that is always active. Is there any penalty for being a PK? Will getting reskilled diminish your exp loss or can you lose a lvl by dying?

K U N O
U
N
O

Swim back

Musa is good at pve but shit at pvp, Tamer is pretty good at pve and top tier small scale pvp

>go in for the finisher combo
>dog lags out
>tamer gets gangraped

yeah great class lamo, killed too many of those tamer scrubs

>Musa is good at pve but shit at pvp

Hey man that's not true! They can totally participate in and be good at pvp!

Once they get to 220+AP

I like you too cutiepie

The gender classes are different usually. One is usually better at something than the other but they both have their roles. Some classes do not have another gender. For example sorceress there is no male. Striker there is no female. This may be changed in future times.

Yes there is massive penalty for being a PKer you get negative karma and when you get overall negative karma you can be attacked by anyone for free and they will receive no penalties so people will just kill you all the time. Every time you die you will lose 2% of your xp and you will also have chance to break your gems on your items. The gems can cost millions of money.

If you die in PvE you lose 1% xp but you should really not die in PvE it's very hard to do. In PvP if you die you do not lose any xp, you just have small chance to get gems broken but it's not a big deal.

good taste in cat

Also you can PK I guess but the maximum positive karma you can get in the game is 300,000 karma and killing an enemy person gives you -60,000 karma so it adds up quickly. If you kill 5 people you are at 0 karma and that's if you had totally maxed out karma before. You can gain karma back by killing PvE enemies but it's faster to lose karma than gain karma. So you can PK but you need to take breaks and raise your karma again otherwise you will just be fucked and that character will be unplayable because people kill it all the time

How does one make a character this ugly?

Not all of us can be as good as Sardine Witch.

Cute

>potato-faced 15 year old from myspace with scene hair
>cute

Every day I'm reminded that this general is full of the people who have characters I'd laugh at with my friends

@179717218
LMAO!

i can't tell which of these posts is shittier

*You have been blessed by Ratford*

laugh away!

no u

hiss

Which class would be best for clearing all these sidequests/main story quest for completion

Mobility+PVE speed

Notice me senpai.

Witch/wizard cavalry

Where were you when /bdog/ slayed emerald eyes?

>witch/wizard
>good mobility

New to the game, mail keeps telling me to accept a bunch of silver for fame rewards or something, but then won't let me accept it.
wat do?

b-but in the trailer they're warping/dashing all over the place

>implying you need to dismount

Musa.

So musa or witch or wizard for pve?

Give her a wet willy!

accept it in a town with a storage.

Wizard but Witch can be acceptable as well.

>Wizard but Witch can be acceptable as well.
Wizard is better than witch?

I could never *not* notice such a cutie

>character takes out a map and starts thrusting their hips
How do I do that too?

>dof
>paying money for shitty piercings
>watermark

Wizard is on a completely different level than any other class in the game.

They are playing a different game essentially. The other classes can only hope that they can someday be as good as the Wizard.

>tfw mommy comes and sets the thread straight

More like the Hips to Shoulder proportion. That outfit makes your hips way too thinner compared to your shoulders.

Why are there more witches than wizards?

Because boobs>dudes.

Guess I'm making a wizard then.
Thanks everyone

>Why is everyone playing a waifu instead of a oldbag?
:thinking:

don't forget your 30€ Donald Duck Costume for maximum immersion.

>old bag
>implying
He has a young face preset too.

Will she enjoy that?
Thanks! New pictures when?

i see no goddamn shaman

is this going to be the pine(birch) tree shit again

I already have a 56 warrior and a 56 ninjo but they felt really bad for farming but at least I can buy +15 staff and transfer my grunil

Make sure you buy/breed a dank combat horse and outfit it with the proper accoutrements for that high speed you're looking for. You'll need pets, too.

nevermind zzzz

pretty fun 5 hours so far

Getting that knowledge group was such a pain in the ass.

too busy being a dungeon alchemist at the moment :(

>heterochromia

by knowledge group i assume this shit i should be touching but havent

Yep.

Getting PTSD now.

Hey bdo, it's been 5 or 6 months since I last tried out this game. I remember really enjoying myself with the game, but my biggest gripes with it were the poping and the performance/stutters in some areas. Did they fix any of those? Also the game seems to be picking up some momentum since I always see a lot of people watching it on twitch and it has some nice steam numbers.

Same game just more cancer and even shittier server performance.

Alchemy is a pain in the ass.
:^)

Oh shit, I expeted them to improve on the performance/server side by now since they announced a xbone x port recently. Also i've read that they contracted some Japs wizards to fix their shitty engine. Is that true?

by fix they mean adding more post processing effects and LIGHT RAYS

Don't give a shit if they add more effects since the biggest problem with the engine is the popping, they just need to fix that and improve that if they wanna make this game run on the tablet cpu of the xbox

Post nipples please.

>flagrant underboob

If you got rid of the heterochromia, then you would be a legit qt.

>new alternate sausan grinding spot

omg
this is exactly what we needed

>LITERALLY NO STAVES ON THE MARKETPLACE ABOVE +1
A
A
A
A

na?

>improved servers

people have been bitching about the servers since launch. They've only gotten worse

nail polish when?

eu
no vanilla game

>heterochromia
>eu
Why am I not surprised?

>Logout
>Create a witch
>walk to auction house
>No rosar staves
>No yuria staves
this game is gay

what if i told you that YOU were gay

I'm not gay just lonely

>No nail polish
>No toenail polish
>Cant just sit down on the ground
>Cant choose how you want to lay down (on side, back, stomach)
>Not a lot of poses to pick from, even simple ones that every character could do (Hands behind back, hands in front, arms folded, hands behind head)
>No coop emotes/poses

Not problems for FFXIV.

I want facesitchan to sit on my face

Shame about everything else in that game

where da bbcs at

J O I N V A L O R

You can mod nails at least.

Even though I only play BDO now, I still say FFXIV is the best MMO on the market right now and is by far my favorite of any of the big MMO's.

It's better in almost every aspect. The thing this game has going over it that keeps me playing the game I feel is inferior is the unique combat system in comparison to FFXIV's antiquated tab target hotkey system.

Valor has young little Tamers.

Also, hello /bdog/!

What about pvp without penalty? Arenas, guild/clan wars and such. Anything like that?

10 cents have been deposited into your account.

Yeah those are things.

>XIV is the best in the market except for the actual gameplay

lmfao