/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

The Champions' Ballad Edition.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

How much longer until we get BotW 2 with a map that's 50% water and lots of sailing and little islands?

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Again?

but only when you scan in their amiibo limited to one life and one scan a day

One trick ponies in the sense that they only use one type of weapon but I'd say you could flesh them out a bit.

Give Urbosa more stamina than Link, stronger shield parry and block, immunity to high heat, sand speed up and Fury on demand or at least more charges/faster recharge

Rivalli would be able to fly (limited by stamina) and stay in slow mo time when shooting his bow for a really long time. More uses of Gale

Daruk would take the least damage of everyone say on par with a fully armoured Link. His strikes could stagger all enemies including overworld bosses. More uses of protection

Mipha can swim underwater, can't drown, naturally swim up waterfalls, vulnerable to high heat and finally can heal herself more frequently

A L W A Y S

Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.

About 7 years from now, when they need to stall for time and re-release it in 4k.

I would be pretty happy with a sea area that's only twice as big as Wind Waker's map plus a large land section.

I liked sailing in Wind Waker a lot, navigating and searching for treasure or other outposts was nice.

Sorry, didn't mean to post that pic.

Sure you didn't.

Wow, TP is larger than WW? It never felt that way.

Also, Zeldass is always allowed.

I guess TP feels a bit more confined since it isn't one big open world like WW.
I really liked that in WW, no loading times at all on the sea even when you get to an island you can just set foot there without a loading screen.

That bothered me a bit with the portable games.

It's not really, if you only count the area you can actually visit. I'd say the graphic in is a little generous in what it counts as "map area" for TP.

What's the actual durability value of the master sword? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

I'm playing through Majora's Mask for the first time and I have some questions:
1. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to not save the fact you got the boos key to a dungeon when saving the game?
2. Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to not save the status of any puzzles or locked doors when saving the game?
3. WHO THE FUCK thought it was good idea to not remember what stray fairies you've gotten even when you return them to the fountain and save the game?
I spent the entire three in-game days going through the swamp dungeon (but mostly covering old ground in it because I haven't played in months) and I got to the boss at the very end, still missing some fairies and two rooms, and I warped out and returned the fairies and saved the game and what do you fucking know, nothing at all actually saved.
The puzzles are already less interesting that OoT and get old relatively fast (at least so far) and they're repeated almost verbatim in one playthrough of one dungeon, and then you realistically have to go through and do it all again to beat each dungeon and get 100% on it. This is all on top of making a lot of necessary things hidden, and not hidden behind puzzles or in mazes or anything, just hard to fucking spot because they're in an unexpected direction or moving away from you or just really far away or some combination of those.

Standing in the shade in the desert will actually keep you cooler, I didn't notice this before

Amiibo preorders are back, for those interested.

Kara Kara Bazaar music is so comfy

too bad there's nothing happening there. the quality of voe a Gerudo can meet there is appalling

SOON

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

Would you have liked if those building were well maintained and still in use rather than being ruins from a seemingly forgotten age.

I'd have loved to see Arbiter's Ground as a prison for voe who can't get the message their not allowed in and Gerudo who refuse to move with the times

The Seven in all their glory would've been nice as well

snow bowling is pretty good once you get the hang of it
it is rather bat'lethesque isn't it
hnnnnngh wait what happened to her legs?
>not carrying her in a snugli with your shaft buried in her
mipha would be vulnerable to heat AND cold
surely the stone of the chimney radiates heat throughout the house. a fireplace only sucks all the warm air OUT the chimney, cooling all the far regions

I've made a huge mistake

>not saving the boss key
er, it not only does that, it gives you a little portal so you can insta warp straight to the boss when you re-enter the dungeon after beating it. Wait, did you mean you saved after getting the boss key but before beating the boss? why would you do that?
the puzzles and locked doors thing is the entire point. if you can't beat a dungeon within 3 days, too bad. the moon crashed. ditto stray fairies. do you sort of not get the point of this game?
it sounds like you didn't find the inverted song of time. That's sort of important but also sort of obvious.

jeez the gerudo (i mean, THESE gerudo) arent so cruel as to imprison men, they just kick them out

What happens if you have level 2 rubber armour for that sweet electric immunity?

naboris' lightning is special
actually, it's plot magic. even if you mess with the game to get the thunder helm, you're not immune to naboris' lightning.

I think after kicking you out multiple times and then catching you in the city in woman's clothing some kind of sentence would be justified

If I'm going to fuck Riju it will be the statuesque older Riju who can wear the Thunder Helm without looking silly, doesn't need a booster seat and has legs and hips for days

Another user already replied but, pro controlller or joy-cons?
Buying the game next week

>rumbling thunder
>you can hear the impacts of Naboris's footsteps
>see its hazy outline in the distance become more visible as it closes
>locks onto you
This is too spooky for me

>Wait, did you mean you saved after getting the boss key but before beating the boss? why would you do that?
because I didn't have time
I had like ten minutes left when I got there and I spent half that time just trying to figure out how to even fight it, I didn't see the bomb plants until I was about to warp out of there
I didn't remember the inverted song of time until I after I saved and turned off the game
the "point" of the game shouldn't get in the way of it being enjoyable
if you couldn't tell from the "haven't played in months" comment, I don't tend to spend a long time playing a single-player game these days, and when I do I damn well expect to accomplish something
thanks for the response though, I expected "git gud"

ah but they never catch you in women's clothing, they just assume their guards failed. they can't punish you for their failure

A number of details are well thought out, like that one, fortunately.

god I wish I had explored that shit more thoroughly. I only saw it from a distance (thought it was pretty awesome) and only got caught in a sandstorm once and quickly booked it

>The Champions' Ballad
What do you think its going to be ?

they never catch Link because Riju has given the okay and after you proved yourself Buliara is somewhat indifferent

Look at how much effort Villia went through to fit in and the Gerudo still see through his disguise enough to say she (male) is a Hylian

long quest like the memory one but involving more than just go here and press A.

user I'm not tryin to get all up your ass, but because you got so mad at the game and blamed it, I feel like you need a dose of reality:
>didn't have time
you need to set aside time for this game. That's one valid complaint if you need your casual bite-sized bits of gameplay, but they DO have the owl statues for that.
>figuring out how to fight it
Odolwa? by far the easiest boss in zelda history. Run up to him, hit him. Very easy
>bomb plants
what?
>didn't remember the inverted song of time
so it's not really the game's fault, is it?
basically it's not the game that's keeping you from enjoying it. MM is sadly short, so you already don't have to spend long playing it. now if you had complained about some of the tricky rooms in the swamp dungeon, i'd be with you, because that sucker got tricky. all the dungeons were, they're among the hardest in 3d zelda period. MM basically acts as a master-quest kinda situation since it assumes you already beat OoT. everything in it is harder, even the minigames.

What? if you take the clothes off, they catch you. ergo nobody catches him IN the clothes.

Why couldn't Riju just lend the helmet to Link instead of having him follow her in the force field?

because she didn't think you could use it as it's family heirloom and she wanted to prove herself

you being able to use it may be a result of Urbosa's blessing so you may have been unable to use it before hand

I guess so but I expect Buliara is probably going to have checks on veiled women entering the town

You saved via song of time? That resets the whole game to an extent, basically. Yes, that's the point of it.
Use owl statues for saving without losing progress (strike them with your sword the first time you encounter each one so it spreads its wing and makes itself available to you, and no, this doesn't reset ever), but if you have no time left, basically, then you might as well use the song of time. Play the song of time backwards to slow down time and give yourself more time to do everything that you want to do in a dungeon or area. You don't have to find any in-game object to gain this, simply play the song backwards at any time after acquiring the Ocarina of time and playing the song of time for the first time so the game resets.

Do all of the sandstorms in the desert go away when you beat Naboris, or just the one around it?

Linked to sidequests/shrine quests around the area I think. You complete them and they disappear.

there's a few shrine based ones but they dissipate once you get to the shrine

The chimney might have been able to radiate heat, if only it had any connection to the interior of Link's house. There are a number of details such as this which perturb Zelda about Link's home. For instance, the wooden shed out back with a door Link refuses to acknowledge as a door. Or the little room on the west end of his house, which has windows, walls, and a roof, but no door or interior access. Or the unexplained blocked-off area beneath their bed. She has asked him about these anomalies before, only to receive his usual stony silence. But privately, she feels less and less secure in her conception of reality. The house she lives in is a meaningless farce that merely resembles a real house; who's to say the same isn't true of her whole world? While Link sleeps alone (if he ever sleeps at all), she spends her nights in the tech lab, sifting through the books to figure out what's gone wrong in her life. Sometimes she fears this is but a fantasy conjured up for her within Ganon's cocoon—a honeyed poison meant to lull her little by little into oblivion. Sometimes, she thinks that would be better.

>>figuring out how to fight it
>Odolwa? by far the easiest boss in zelda history. Run up to him, hit him. Very easy
>>bomb plants
>what?
Tatl specifically said not to do that, and when I did try that he blocked every hit
>MM basically acts as a master-quest kinda situation since it assumes you already beat OoT. everything in it is harder, even the minigames.
sort of an SMB 2 (J) situation, that makes sense I guess

>the wooden shed out back with a door Link refuses to acknowledge as a door.
psst
that's the shitter

horra horra

huh, he never consistently blocked my hits successfully. he's no harder than a stalfos

noted

should i buy a switch for botw

i dont even know what other games i would be interested to play

should i do it

Zelda is such a qt

I hope there's a lot of her in the dlc

there's new games coming out soon. are you interested in those?
keep in mind this is a wiiu port, so you'll have a new console and no games that really use its hardware
kinda like how my first wii game by a lonnng time was Brawl, so i wasnt even using the wiimote

maybe i should just wait a while..

for me Switch isn't getting until Odyssey is out. I want to have a Switch at the launch of Splatoon or ARMS but I don't want to only have it for a single game. In October it'll have as many games as my current Wii U library

i'll say this, i wouldnt buy the game til the new DLC comes out so you can enjoy it all in one go

I don't know this meme

>her smile and cuteness: erased
gud lawd

So I'm in the Yiga Hideout.
I'm going to sneak about but I'm deleting the guards with ancient arrows to see if I can do it without being spotted

her ears also extend out of her jaw, it seems

yeah that was hilarious

user, touch your ear
that's where it goes

But there's supposed to be a bend upward in the jaw before the ears come out.
She looks deformed.

But to be fair, this is done a lot in drawings. Don't blame people for getting triggered.

This could be great if it weren't for the sameface

oh I see the problem, her head's tilted back and you're not noticing it. the hairlocks kinda hide the jaw, but it's there.

where are their noses?

check your eyes checked

whatever the joke is, it's flying right over our heads

I love how you just let him stand there and monologue

>muh perspective
That's not generally the case in these situations, and the perspective in that pic isn't enough to justify the positioning.

it is, the problem is that there are problems with her other facial features. her nose and mouth should be sort of further up the face

>Champion spirits follow you around when you scan their amiibo like Wolf Link
>They all share wolf Links AI
>you get to see Mipha pounce on a deer and eat it

I hope the Master Trials stops the Master Sword from losing energy. It feels so pointless as a weapon if you can only use it against guardians and Ganons but it breaks if you try to kill a half dozen bokos

literally the only thing we know about it is that if you beat it, it permanently powers up the sword

neat

that means it glows and deals more damage. no word on whether it loses energy and needs to recharge

Mipha

I'm not sure we should care. There are swords in the game that are much much stronger than the powered-up Master Sword. Fi needs to hit the gym and get swole.

Yes

It's not her fault that Zelda dropped her off to sleep for a hundred years in some stinly woods

About to try a Major Test of Strength. I've got Stasis+, the Master Sword and a few Royal Claymores.

I did a Modest one a few days ago with minimal damage, so I'm hoping I can survive this. Really want that Climbing Gear.

Should be pretty trivial if you've got that much stuff.

I can't help but have a mental image of Fi frolicking and dancing with the Koroks. Maybe she would go native and start wearing something made of leaves and bark. Then she reads bedtime stories to the younger ones.

Before having her metallic body drenched with Korok semen in a lewd evening of fun?

I find the bombs are pretty useful in those things. Easier to just bomb them out of a spin than to bother making them run into something.

No user. They are plants at most. They only make pollen if anything.

The ToS are all basically the same in terms of attack patterns. If you can beat a Minor test without taking damage then a Major test isn't really any different, it's just a damage sponge.